|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

go wrote:
Without hunting more deer would die from cars then are now taken by hunters
And more People would die from deer running out in front of cars, too! I hope every One of you Hunters get the limit!
get real

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Atavis wrote:
The people that are usually against the private ownership of guns are "urbanites". These morons, for some unknown reason, actually think they are intelligent. Most couldnt tell a 30-06 from a sling-shot. Alot of this stupidity also comes from the media. I have heard news stories such as "Man armed with an assualt rifle kills...", only later it was revealed that the "assualt rifle" was a hunting rifle. People, there is an enormous differnce between a hunting rifle and an assualt rifle.
Another problem is the fact that law enforcement "lumps together" any crime where a gun was involved. Even if the gun was used by an innocent citizen to defend themselves against a criminal. The vast majority of reported "gun crimes" are actually that scenario. A woman shoots a man attacking her, a homeowner shoots someone breaking into their home, or a business owner shoots a thief trying to rob them.
The USSC has also stated that the police have absolutely no obligation to protect you, even if your life is in danger. They stated that ultimately, it is the duty of a citizen to protect themselves.
I know many people whom, if it were not for hunting, would suffer from malnutrition. They earn too much money to qualify for government "aid", but not enough to provide their families with a balanced diet. For less that a couple hundren dollars they are able to obtain high quality meat. For example, deer meat (venison) is much, much leaner than beef, pork, or even poultry. Most wild game is much healthier than commercially grown meat. It is free of steroids and antibiotics. Much of the money that goes into the park system comes from the sale of hunting licenses.
While most of us understand the motivations of "tree huggers" and "animal rights activists", they actually hurt what they are trying to save. Overpopulation, starvation, and disease are held in check by thinning the animal populations. Some animals that are hunted are actually "invasive alien species" that harm the ecosystem, such as wild boar and imported hogs. Another example of how "good intentions" actually harm the ecosystem are those who are referred to as "tree huggers". Did you know that the "table top pine" is actually becomming endangered because of those who want to save the forests? You see, that pine species actually needs fire to reproduce. The sequoya also needs fire. The cones of both species are sealed with a thick resin that only opens, releasing the seeds, after it is burned off. By preventing fires, which help those species, they are actually destroying them.
Hundreds of years ago, before modern man arrived, animal populations were held in check by other predators. Most of these predators were killed off, especially in the eastern US. Its really too late to reintroduce those predatory species back, because they would pose a danger to people. So, the only way to keep certain animal populations in check now is with hunting. To ban hunting now would be to condemn many of these animals to a very painful death.
The only PETA I would join is "People Eating Tasty Animals". For those suggesting a vegan lifestyle. Science has proven that long term abstinence from meat causes mental problems. Humans are omnivorous. We need both vegetable/fruits and meat to be healthy. The human brain especially needs animal protein to function properly over the long term.
All that those of us whom do hunt ask is that, those of you whom do not want to hunt, please refrain from trying to prevent us from doing what we enjoy. We dont try to force you to hunt, do not try to prevent us from hunting. Respect is a two way street.
I So agree with you! I do not hunt....don't want to, but my preferences should NOT be imposed on you. If you won't insist that I hunt, then you do not have to go to book sales with me. LOL Hunting does indeed help the animal population. Good hunting, and be safe!!
get real

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Atavis wrote:
The people that are usually against the private ownership of guns are "urbanites". These morons, for some unknown reason, actually think they are intelligent. Most couldnt tell a 30-06 from a sling-shot. Alot of this stupidity also comes from the media. I have heard news stories such as "Man armed with an assualt rifle kills...", only later it was revealed that the "assualt rifle" was a hunting rifle. People, there is an enormous differnce between a hunting rifle and an assualt rifle.
Another problem is the fact that law enforcement "lumps together" any crime where a gun was involved. Even if the gun was used by an innocent citizen to defend themselves against a criminal. The vast majority of reported "gun crimes" are actually that scenario. A woman shoots a man attacking her, a homeowner shoots someone breaking into their home, or a business owner shoots a thief trying to rob them.

I know many people whom, if it were not for hunting, would suffer from malnutrition. They earn too much money to qualify for government "aid", but not enough to provide their families with a balanced diet. For less that a couple hundren dollars they are able to obtain high quality meat. For example, deer meat (venison) is much, much leaner than beef, pork, or even poultry. Most wild game is much healthier than commercially grown meat. It is free of steroids and antibiotics. Much of the money that goes into the park system comes from the sale of hunting licenses.
While most of us understand the motivations of "tree huggers" and "animal rights activists", they actually hurt what they are trying to save. Overpopulation, starvation, and disease are held in check by thinning the animal populations. Some animals that are hunted are actually "invasive alien species" that harm the ecosystem, such as wild boar and imported hogs. Another example of how "good intentions" actually harm the ecosystem are those who are referred to as "tree huggers". Did you know that the "table top pine" is actually becomming endangered because of those who want to save the forests? You see, that pine species actually needs fire to reproduce. The sequoya also needs fire. The cones of both species are sealed with a thick resin that only opens, releasing the seeds, after it is burned off. By preventing fires, which help those species, they are actually destroying them.
Hundreds of years ago, before modern man arrived, animal populations were held in check by other predators. Most of these predators were killed off, especially in the eastern US. Its really too late to reintroduce those predatory species back, because they would pose a danger to people. So, the only way to keep certain animal populations in check now is with hunting. To ban hunting now would be to condemn many of these animals to a very painful death.
The only PETA I would join is "People Eating Tasty Animals". For those suggesting a vegan lifestyle. Science has proven that long term abstinence from meat causes mental problems. Humans are omnivorous. We need both vegetable/fruits and meat to be healthy. The human brain especially needs animal protein to function properly over the long term. It has been proven that children whom do not get a balanced diet, including meat, have lower IQs and developmental problems. I have known some parents who refused to even give their children milk. By the time these children were teenagers, they were suffering from bone deterioration.
All that those of us whom do hunt ask is that, those of you whom do not want to hunt, please refrain from trying to prevent us from doing what we enjoy. We dont try to force you to hunt, do not try to prevent us from hunting. Respect is a two way street.
I agree with you, I do not hunt..don't want to. My preferences should not be forced upon you. Happy hunting and be safe!
get real

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

@ Atavis, I SO agree with you, and I do not hunt, nor do I own a gun....because I do not want to hunt or own a gun. My preferences should not be forced on anyone. I do spend a lot of time in libraries and book stores. I would deeply resent it if anyone told me I could not do that. Good hunting, and be safe.
get real

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

DID NOT THINK THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS HAD POSTED DUE TO LENGTH. MY APOLOGIES. I did not mean to run the subject to the ground. :D
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

MITTmormonANTIGUN wrote:
let them kill deers so they don't kill us
The plural of deer is deer, so you should have posted "let them kill deer so they don't kill us".

Education is a wonderful thing.
EllieMae

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

JustMe wrote:

I'll vote no, last thing we more reasons for druken redneck idiots to run around with guns.
I hunt! I don't drink Why did you even say such A thing? I keep my son very occupied bye hunting and fishing. It's better than not knowing were he is at or what he is doing, Its people like you that ruin it for others just because you don't enjoy doing it doesn't mean others cant. You are the idiot, You cant even spell.{I"LL VOTE YES

My 16 yr old is also a child that's enjoyed fishing, and later hunting since he was able to hold a child's size fishing pole. We don't drink, and because of his love of these sports, he and his best friend have great fun getting together to hunt and fish. Not drinking or other narcotic related activities I don't want him interested in. If I posted our names, you would most likely label us and the greatest of rednecks in this town. Something I'm proud of actually, and we don't get out drunk shooting road signs and whatever else we can find to aim at. We are blessed to live in a place where my son can participate fully in much hunting and fishing. I think it should be an american right to do so along with the right to bear arms to protect outselves. Do realize thier are other people out there, with different interests, and hobbies, and just because you personally don't think that way, it does'nt make it wrong or bad for someone else to.
rights upheld

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

CitizenTopix wrote:
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment
The proposed measure calls for the personal right to hunt and fish within state laws and existing property rights. Additionally, the amendment allows for hunting and fishing of non-threatened species.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
i agree
Shooter

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Where is the best place to buy 9MM amo???
customer

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

mike's in morristown tn. 9mil 147 subsonic to 115 jhp and ball
Isabella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

belks grocery
flbrat

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

cheaperthandirt
cool

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
Vote yes to head off the PETA nutbags that want to outlaw hunting, fishing, keeping of pets, livestock husbandry, research, eating meat, etc.
PETA sux
laughing hah hah hah

Doyle, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

i eat meat so i guess its happy hunting and for those that involve there children in the sport of fishing and hunting good job you wont see their face on the news for drugs or murder some day keep up the great activity with your child or children
Whatever

Waynesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Let them hunt
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

MITTmormonANTIGUN wrote:
<quoted text>
let them kill deers so they don't kill us
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
The plural of deer is deer, so you should have posted "let them kill deer so they don't kill us".
Education is a wonderful thing.
Was this Spam {as you marked it}, or was this merely a correction of the plural of 'deer'?

It never ceases to amaze me how some will fight tooth and nail to hold onto their badges if illiteracy and ignorance. You remind me of a person I once knew that thought {honestly he really did believe this} that intelligent people are children of the devil; like only ignorant, stupid people were beloved by God.

Where this attitude comes from, I haven't a clue, but your action does not reflect on me at all, only on you, and the English teachers that failed to fail you when they had the chance.
Education

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

I am for hunting rights with proper safety education.
The warden

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

If no hunting is allowed then expect to pay allstate about 4 x more than your paying right now. And find a number of animals dead everywhere from all sorts of starvation and diseases.
frogmannn

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
1st Rule was Gather Roadkill Fresh as possible
Rita

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

CitizenTopix wrote:
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment
The proposed measure calls for the personal right to hunt and fish within state laws and existing property rights. Additionally, the amendment allows for hunting and fishing of non-threatened species.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
Sounds good to me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 9,297
How is the pastor paid 4 hr Zebo 2
Engagement: Melissa Perry & Taylor Trumphour 8 hr KKs EX 4
Nashville Sucks (Mar '10) 9 hr Transplant 65
Craig's list 9 hr all talk 3
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 17 hr obama sucks 1,498
David Archuleta Writing New Music In Nashville,... 17 hr Marylee-NCGirl 1

Search the Nashville Forum:
•••
•••