Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Associati...

Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association Announces Home Of The Month

There are 2 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from Aug 31, 2012, titled Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association Announces Home Of The Month. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Winner of home of the month, Willie Humphreys, is shown in the center. On the left is Erin Creal, vice chair of Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association and on the right is Carla Quinn, Chair of Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Serenity

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Sep 15, 2012
I think this send the wrong message. Think of all those people in Red Bank who may not have the means to fix up their homes to your expectation ...but still have a nice home ..and nice looking property....They make it work with limited means and still have pride in their community...Those are the ones who deserve such an award.
Info

Chattanooga, TN

#2 Nov 5, 2013
Serenity wrote:
I think this send the wrong message. Think of all those people in Red Bank who may not have the means to fix up their homes to your expectation ...but still have a nice home ..and nice looking property....They make it work with limited means and still have pride in their community...Those are the ones who deserve such an award.
This lady had a tree fall on her home during a tornado and if she had been home she would not be alive to receive the award. The tree took out 90% of her home. Thanks to her insurance coverage she was able to rebuild. She is 83 years old and has worked hard all her life and has lived in Red Bank for 35 years. I know most of the neighbors in her area and in Red Bank do not have means but nor did she. Her family helped her get her house rebuilt and her love for her flowers and gardening helped to redo her yard after the tree and construction crew made a mess of it. If you drive by you may see her out working in the yard and are welcome to wave or stop and chat. She loves her flowers and working in her yard at her current age and health.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Negroes and crime 1 hr I used to be someone 12
News Dolly Parton heartbroken by wildfires torching ... 3 hr moron 33
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Nashville (Sep '15) 7 hr Noway 21
What is going on at Channel 4 in Nashville? Mon 37122_BAMF 81
for r Dec 2 Donewitu 2
Take a guess Dec 2 Booooo 8
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) Dec 2 caliegirl 813

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages