Police Work To Solve Cold Case Murders Of Young Girls - NewsCha...

Cold cases go back to the 1960s involving murdered young girls. New DNA technology could help them find the killers. Full Story
kkm

Eagleville, TN

#1 Jul 23, 2009
Hopefully they will find justice in these cases.There are some sick people in this world.
Debra Sacran

Smithville, TN

#2 Jul 27, 2009
The Kathy Jones murder happened in 1965, NOT 1969. I was her age and I was in 3rd grade. My sister was in 5th grade.

A man had boldly followed us on 2 separate occasions and had parked and watched us walk home from school for atleast a week prior to making his move. We came close to be abducted by him 2 times in the same day.

not long after, Kathy was abducted and found murdered.

We ended up with the authorities placing police cars on every block of our walk home and detectives coming to the school and taking us out of class for questioning multiple times.

This case always haunted us. We felt we had possibly come face to face with her murderer?
We lived in the same neighborhood area.

“sunshine and lolly pops”

Since: Apr 09

nashville

#3 Jul 27, 2009
Debra Sacran wrote:
The Kathy Jones murder happened in 1965, NOT 1969. I was her age and I was in 3rd grade. My sister was in 5th grade.
A man had boldly followed us on 2 separate occasions and had parked and watched us walk home from school for atleast a week prior to making his move. We came close to be abducted by him 2 times in the same day.
not long after, Kathy was abducted and found murdered.
We ended up with the authorities placing police cars on every block of our walk home and detectives coming to the school and taking us out of class for questioning multiple times.
This case always haunted us. We felt we had possibly come face to face with her murderer?
We lived in the same neighborhood area.
sweety you need to go recheck your history on this one. i know kathy was found dead in 69. that was the year i went to live with my grandparents. after they found her body i found out for the first time in my young life what danger really was. it was the other girl green something that was murdered in 65. go do some research. kathy jones was murdered in 1969.
dws

Smithville, TN

#4 Jul 27, 2009
it's been a long time. I did do some google stuff and did find a piece that also said 1965. So there are 2 dates out there.
Either way, God Bless her family. I hope they solve this for them. This was a terror to all of us in Nashville during that period.
Judi

Nashville, TN

#5 Jul 27, 2009
i think its great they are going back to these old cases and trying to solve them.
if and/or when they are solved, there will be family members with hearts and minds at ease
Niece of Kathy jones

Lebanon, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2011
dws wrote:
it's been a long time. I did do some google stuff and did find a piece that also said 1965. So there are 2 dates out there.
Either way, God Bless her family. I hope they solve this for them. This was a terror to all of us in Nashville during that period.
I know for a fact she died in 69 google it search it, how about you go to spring hill cemetery and look at her tombstone She is (would have been) my aunt but sadly died this has torn my family apart and also made them afraid and still to this day is talked about in my family and to some was told " not to talk about it because it was to dangerous to talk about" please take time to focus on the facts not what you think google says
DCook

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2012
You are right teresaMMM....I was Kathy's age in 1969....the year she was murdered. It too frightened me and was the first real tragedy that scared me into never again walking alone by myself. No doubt in my mind it was 1969. I'll never forget it.
Adam

Goodlettsville, TN

#8 May 9, 2012
Yes it wasv1969 I was a small child I was only 8 years old....but I will never forget that news story. I found it to be very haunting. That was so very sad. Bless that family.
niece of kathys friend

Nashville, TN

#9 Jun 11, 2012
My aunt was a good friend of Kathy's! I grew up hearing this horrible story!! It still bothers my family today and the fact that her killer was never caught! My aunt's name is Sherry and she lived on Hutton drive at the time of this terrible crime. I have always been told that my grandfather had offered her a ride because he was already taken my aunt and my mom skating. Oh how I wish she would have rode with them instead of walking! My aunt still cries every time she speaks of this! She always says "She was my Best Friend!" Kathy and her family will always be in our in our thoughts and prayers and may her killer be brought to justice!!!
mary

Franklin, TN

#10 Nov 17, 2012
so sorry for your familys loss.I was 6 yrs old when this happened we lived 3houses frm krispy kreme donuts.my sister and kathy played together and were best friends.my sister joann was also 12.me and my mother was walking to the corner to meet my brother s and 2 sisters who I think was coming frm school and we saw when they found her.I was only 6yrs old but I remember them questioning us kids.my father was a cab driver and they questioned him and even said he was a suspect.they gave him a lie detector test and he passed.there was a old man we called candyman he would go to the store and by a beer and come by and give us kids candy.I remember us being so scared .my momma said she had to move it scared her so bad.
Niece of Kathy Jones

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Feb 3, 2013
I am the niece of kathy jones, although i was robbed of knowing her my father Kelly Jones told me all about his sister he was young but she is resting in piece next to her little brother now, and i know she will be watching over us now with my father. I miss him greatly but he missed her greatly also. To the lady who is the niece of a friend of my aunt is there anyway i can contact you.
Niece of Kathy Jones

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Feb 3, 2013
Is there any way we contact each other
niece of kathys friend wrote:
My aunt was a good friend of Kathy's! I grew up hearing this horrible story!! It still bothers my family today and the fact that her killer was never caught! My aunt's name is Sherry and she lived on Hutton drive at the time of this terrible crime. I have always been told that my grandfather had offered her a ride because he was already taken my aunt and my mom skating. Oh how I wish she would have rode with them instead of walking! My aunt still cries every time she speaks of this! She always says "She was my Best Friend!" Kathy and her family will always be in our in our thoughts and prayers and may her killer be brought to justice!!!
JLK

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Jul 29, 2013
I was ten years old when Kathy was murdered. Today, at 53, I still think of her whenever I pass the Krispy Kreme. I went to school at St.Edward's which was not even a mile from where Kathy was found and I recall how terrified we all were. We lost our innocence when Kathy lost her life and I think of her often. God Bless her little soul!
December

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Sep 24, 2013
I'm Kathy Jones's cousin.

It was definitely 1969. She disappeared 11/29/69.

I wonder if anyone knows if she ever made it to the roller skating rink?

Did she make it to the Krispy Kreme?

I know she was trying to go to those two places, but I am not sure if she ever got there.

If anyone has any memories about Kathy, I would love to hear them.

thank you.
nola

Covington, LA

#15 Nov 1, 2013
mary wrote:
so sorry for your familys loss.I was 6 yrs old when this happened we lived 3houses frm krispy kreme donuts.my sister and kathy played together and were best friends.my sister joann was also 12.me and my mother was walking to the corner to meet my brother s and 2 sisters who I think was coming frm school and we saw when they found her.I was only 6yrs old but I remember them questioning us kids.my father was a cab driver and they questioned him and even said he was a suspect.they gave him a lie detector test and he passed.there was a old man we called candyman he would go to the store and by a beer and come by and give us kids candy.I remember us being so scared .my momma said she had to move it scared her so bad.
There is a thread on Websleuths http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p... dedicated to Kathy Jones' murder. Maybe you would consider joining us there and being part of the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 2,791
impeach Obama (Nov '13) 3 hr nobama 70
Outstanding Steel Guitar player 4 hr Steeler 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr lollypop 1,859
Wife cheated need an opinion 13 hr Website Operator 17
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... 13 hr lolol 4
Searching for long distance bike rider 15 hr Finsuprs 2
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web