Central Allright Parking

Central Allright Parking

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Georgia Native

Mound, MN

#1 Feb 23, 2010
Let the city of Nashville know that a parking company named Central Allright Parking ON 5TH AVENUE is stealing from people. One will pay their fee to park in the self parking area for $10 and then get a ticket on top of that to pay another $60 fine just because their machine failed to to work properly. This company is leaving a bad taste in tourist mouth. I have seen poor senior citizens get tickets and have paid their hard earned money.
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM
Parker in Clarksville TN

Barnesville, OH

#2 Apr 17, 2010
I got a ticket for the same thing! The lot I used was on Church St. Same thing... I paid the machine, and it didn't spit out a receipt. When I got back to my car, the lot man had put a ticket on my car. I told him I had put my license plate number in the stupid machine. He said there was no way for him to look up anything in the machine. Then why do I have to put in my plate number???
Luckily I paid with my debit card, so I had proof that I had paid, and mailed it to the company. Still ticks me off!
questioning Canadian

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2010
Parked in an unattended lot on woodland st. at night time...was ticketed upon returning 1 and a half hours later. tried to find someone from the lot to clarify...no one around...also took a video of same...nothing posted seen either...sounds like a profitable scam to make big bucks...$5 +$20 admin fee within 14 days, then $65. it's a rental...so tempted to not pay?????
Connecticut Traveler

Jackson, TN

#4 Aug 29, 2010
My recent stay in Nashville resulted in $60.00 in administration fees as they call then for one parking offense.

Vague information on the machine, the lack of identified parking spaces,(must enter a portion of your marker plate with no alpha capability). A sign the talks about an attendant, I think they are talking about the machine hanging on the pole. I was amazed the attendant that was not able to be found was able to place multiple tickets on my vehicle within a couple of hours.

A city that wants to attract visitors needs to treat them better without the aggravation.
Louisiana traveler

Houma, LA

#6 Sep 7, 2010
I was hit with the same scam this past labor day weekend. Memphis and any parking garage named Central/Allright won't see me again.
Nashville Resident

Springfield, TN

#7 Oct 9, 2010
I just experienced the same @ 5th & Commerce in Nashville. Sign at entrance said $10. Machine only had option for $15 for parking until 6:00 AM Sunday - this was @ 5:15 PM Saturday. Parking was a hassle everywhere in downtown, so I paid. After credit card authorization, machine said a receipt was printed, but nothing came out. When I returned 2 hours later, I had "Trespassing Notice" with a $30 fee on my van. Seems like a nice little scam to me. Creeps.
Mississippi Resident

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Oct 21, 2010
I have just paid my $30.00 fee for making the mistake of parking at Central/Allright on 7th Street in Nashville. We were staying at the Renaissance Hotel. After eating out, we arrived back at our hotel at 8:40 pm on Sat., Oct. 16. The garage where we had parked earlier in the day was full and this was the only space available to park. We put our $5.00 in for 1 day parking. The instructions were to place the receipt in the window of the dashboard which we did. It had the day ending on Sunday at 6am. When you are visiting a city and staying in a nice hotel and checking out at noon, it never occurred to me to get up and put money in a parking payment box at 6am. Since the lot we had stayed in the night before was based on a day as 24 hours, I had that thought on my mind. The thing I found very interesting after doing some research was that the City of Buffalo had slapped a hefty fee on Central Allright for placing citations on consumer windows and demanding payment with fees doubling after 14 days. I would love for the Attorney General of Nashville to check into the practice of Central/Allright Park in Nashville.
debby

Franklin, TN

#9 Dec 16, 2010
Just happened to me tonight in Nashville Central/Allright off of 5th. I parked in #30 and they sited me for parking in Lot 35, a Reserve Area.$74. Who do I contact? I took pictures!
Bottle Rocket

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 19, 2010
How does a private for-profit company write tickets anyway? I went to a job interview downtown, parked in the lot on Church St. Came back out and had a "ticket". I went back in to the company where I interviewed and the they said they would take care of it. Then I got a $70 ticket in the mail. For all of the money that the city of Nashville wastes trying to increase the downtown business traffic, the one thing they could do that would really encourage people to go downtown is to break up this monopoly and provide inexpensive parking.

Since: Jan 09

Spring Hill, TN

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Has anyone ever successfully fought and won against this company?
I got a notice in the mail on my car (which ironically went to my wife with her maiden name). The notice is from a law firm in CA "Greenbaum Law group LLP Attorneys at law".

it is funny though it says "This is not a statement that a report has been or will be made to a credit reporting agency or that any litigations will be commenced against you. However, if you fail to pay or protest to this office within 30 days, our client reserves all rights and remedies. At this time, no attorney with at (sic) Greenbaum Law Group LLP has personally reviewed the circumstances of this claimed debt."

Is it just me, or does that sound like they will NOT turn me (or my wife) in for debt collection?

Can they turn a debt in based on a license plate?

Seems like I have heard in the past they threaten this but do not actually do anything.
Nancy Kirk

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2011
This same scam is going on in Knoxville with Central Allright Parking. It seems like the cities would not allow such "businesses" to take advantage of their local tax payers.
Morgan

Gallatin, TN

#13 Apr 30, 2011
You're right, I live in Knoxville and got the same citation parking in a unmarked spot right next to a central lot. The attendant apparently smoked too much weed and forgot where his territory ends and ticketed me too. There is no real division between where the lot ends and the car parked next to me did not get ticket. Bullshit and scams.
yeah

Lafayette, IN

#15 Jun 20, 2011
questioning Canadian wrote:
Parked in an unattended lot on woodland st. at night time...was ticketed upon returning 1 and a half hours later. tried to find someone from the lot to clarify...no one around...also took a video of same...nothing posted seen either...sounds like a profitable scam to make big bucks...$5 +$20 admin fee within 14 days, then $65. it's a rental...so tempted to not pay?????
Same thing happened to me. It looks like overflow for the bar. There's no one walking around there? There's only signage on ONE backroad side...How hard would it be to paint "metered parking" on the pavement??? The fees cost me more than the parking!...I would've had NO problem paying $5. to park there, had I known...and yeh, I considered fighting it too...But then I decided "life's to short"...
Loren

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, your right!

Since: Jan 09

Spring Hill, TN

#17 Jul 19, 2011
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing happened to me. It looks like overflow for the bar. There's no one walking around there? There's only signage on ONE backroad side...How hard would it be to paint "metered parking" on the pavement??? The fees cost me more than the parking!...I would've had NO problem paying $5. to park there, had I known...and yeh, I considered fighting it too...But then I decided "life's to short"...
You should fight it. I did, and apparantly I have won.
Brittney

Knoxville, TN

#18 Apr 20, 2013
I parked just behind the Country music hall of fame, paid to park and didn't receive the slip to put in my window. I returned and found a ticket. It was 2 years ago and I never paid it.. Can they turn it into collections based on my license tag? I was in my moms car and she said she has never seen anything in the mail. I didn't pay it because I had legally paid to park there. If its going to mess up my moms credit or something, I'm going to pay it...but I don't remember the name of the company that charged it. How would I go about finding out any of this information?
Cully

Lowell, MA

#19 Jul 15, 2014
Went to Nashville on a family vacation parked in a lot on second ave across from Joe`s Crab Shack, paid the $10 got a ticket and put it on the dash, walked around Nashville and had to be out by 5:00,came back at4:00 to find two boots on the drivers side wheels and a sticker on the window with a number to call. He said it was going to cost $50 to take the boots off,claimed that we had left and came back and parked again which we didn`t.He claimed that the tires were marked and they weren`t and the sign in the lot says under video surveillance and when we said we wanted to see the video to show that we didn`t leave he said their were no cameras. Took advantage of us because we were from out of state, called the police but nobody showed up.Ended up paying the money after a long argument with him because we had children with us and just wanted to get back to our hotel. That ruined the great day that we had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tdoc 3 hr C-Town 1
women (Aug '11) 15 hr reality2 25
Traffic Jam Sam 16 hr ILHBT 51
Repent Governor ( REPENT) Wed religious 9
Transgender bathrooms Wed Inquisitor 2
News Tennessee joins national debate on assisted sui... Tue Timbukt2 1
question Apr 26 not a resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages