Pit Bull Attack Killed Clarksville Do...

Pit Bull Attack Killed Clarksville Dog, Injured Owner - NewsCha...

There are 71 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Pit Bull Attack Killed Clarksville Dog, Injured Owner - NewsCha.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Ben Fendley heard a commotion outside his Clarksville home on Saturday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JOHN

El Salvador, Guatemala

#1 Jan 27, 2010
I think this breed should be outlawed and responsible home owners should not rent to people with this breed. I personally will run over any breed of this type that runs in my nieghborhood.
It could have been someones child. I will go as far as poisining this breed if I have a chance.
John Winston

Moncks Corner, SC

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Second attack?!?...Felony Animal Cruelty charges please!
Mal

UK

#3 Jan 27, 2010
When in the heck are they going to outlaw these types of breeds of dogs. I am from Clarksville and currently live in the United Kingdom and Pit Bull breeds are outlawed here. When they are found and caught they are destroyed. When will people finally realize that these dogs have got to go. First it is some ones pet, next a child.
JOHN

Apo, AA

#4 Jan 27, 2010
I will go as far as poisining this breed if I have a chance. When I get back to Clarksville, next time I see someone selling some puppys of this breed at the walmart parking lot I will make it a point to buy them all and put them to sleep.Just a bunch of ignorrent irresponsible breeders that that think its cool. From what I have seen they dont even take care of them properly as pets. I know some that live in my nieghborhood cant wait for them to leave, the humane society doesn't do anything about it either. They have been called several times, when something does happen we should sue the city for this neglect.
smartguy

United States

#5 Jan 27, 2010
Radiator fluid and ground beef would cure this problem and any other problem with PIT-BULLS that are aggressive.
JOHN

Apo, AA

#6 Jan 27, 2010
I like the tiny fish hooks in hot dogs, they work great.
JOHN

Apo, AA

#7 Jan 27, 2010
You wouldn't disagree if it was your kid laying on the street with his throat torn to pieces.
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2010
It's not the breed its the owner.... Just like this story if the dog had not have been running loose, this would have never happened. I have a pit bull and she is the best dog i have ever owned, very obedient, loyal, and smart. And she has never been aggressive towards people or animals. Its just like kids when you have worthless parents you end up with horrible kids.
JOHN

Apo, AA

#9 Jan 27, 2010
These are real pets take a look S*** for brains
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35009592/ns/today...
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2010
la de f'in da..... you really think you cant get bit by one of them?
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2010
More people kill people then dogs kill people.... what are we gonna do about that John? outlaw humans? or poison them? lol
Mal

UK

#12 Jan 27, 2010
The tired excuse of "It's not the breed, it's the owner" is an old one that does not work and it has been proven time and time again. It is ingrained on the DNA of Pit Bulls to kill. They have been bred for it. To many times in the press and in the news of Pit Bull owners having their children mauled to death by the so called family pet after previously stating in the past that "my pit bull is so great with my kids" or "my pit bull is so nice around others" They are a breed of dog that needs to go. Period.
Malachi

Melrose, MA

#13 Jan 27, 2010
The pit bulls owner should be charged with felony animal cruelty. Most pit bull owners seem to love the fact that their dog is capable of killing other dogs. Dog fighting is a felony in all 50 states. There is ample legal precedent to charge this owner, as the dogs had a history of aggression.
The majority of pit bulls in this country are being bred by criminals, gangs, animal abusers, drug addicts, and losers looking to make a quick buck on CL. MANY are being deliberately bred for aggressive temperaments. That is an undisputable FACT, and it can be quantified. Make it illegal to breed these dogs, with mandatory s/n laws targeting pit bulls.
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#14 Jan 27, 2010
Do any of you own a pit bull?
I'm not saying there are not bad pit bulls b/c there are. But there are bad dogs in all breeds. The media classifys every dog that bits someone as a pit bull, which in all reality they arent all pit bulls. People should NOT be stupid enough to believe everything they hear or read..... But looks like most people are stupid enough to believe anything....
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#15 Jan 27, 2010
If they make it illegal to breed pit bulls, those type of people will just do it with another breed. Pit bulls are not the only aggressive breed out there nor are pit bulls the only breed that people fight.

“sunshine and lolly pops”

Since: Apr 09

nashville

#16 Jan 27, 2010
JOHN wrote:
I like the tiny fish hooks in hot dogs, they work great.
you're just showing what an idiot you really are john. i'd bet in another life you were at the witch hunts in salem. thats the mentality you show. it is not the breed but the owners that make a bad pit bull. these poor dogs get accused of everything and they get a bad rap. you make me sick.
DogOwnerOf2

Nashville, TN

#17 Jan 27, 2010
The pitbull has to be put down. First a horse, then the dog. When is it enough? When the dog kills an adult or child? Its Obvious the owners aren't responsable owners. Why own a dog if your not going to assume full responsability over it. That includes keeping other neighbors and their property safe from a harmful dog.
Fine the dog owner heavily and have the law keep them from owning another animal that can dangerous.
The pitbull owner is inconciderate otherwise the first incident would have never happend. I would have shot the dog myself had i been there.
Really

Franklin, TN

#18 Jan 27, 2010
teresaMMM wrote:
<quoted text> you're just showing what an idiot you really are john. i'd bet in another life you were at the witch hunts in salem. thats the mentality you show. it is not the breed but the owners that make a bad pit bull. these poor dogs get accused of everything and they get a bad rap. you make me sick.
I agree with your take on his crude comments. However, this breed has been bred, over time, to be vicious. It is the breed. It's all about genetics.
Samantha

Nolensville, TN

#19 Jan 27, 2010
Yall can disagree with me all you want I have a pit bull and she is the best dog in the world!! I will be willing to bet that none of you have pit bulls. You just believe everything bad you hear about them. I never realized how ignorant people can be.........
Attacked

Marion, MI

#20 Jan 27, 2010
Samantha, I recently read about a pit owner biting a girl and then sicced her pit on her. If all pit owners were put down at the same time as the demons are there would be no place that the other pit owners could transfer the blame to. Now that China is considering to ban eating dogs, it blows my idea of where to send pits to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... 41 min Responsibility 8
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 10 hr anonymous 2,402
News President Obama joins great guacamole debate 23 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
look me in my eyes Thu buzz cut 80
Bad Attitude Thu buzz cut 266
white Thu buzz cut 89
What chu doing Thu buzz cut 144
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE