Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9774 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9251 Apr 14, 2014
A fully vaccinated 22 year old woman contracted measles and transmitted it to other people. This is a first - supposedly.

Of course the study authors couldn't help taking a pot shot at non-vaxxers at the end of the story but they do explain this is a case of "vaccine failure".

Vaccine failure is happening more and more: just think of the recent measles, pertussis, and mumps outbreaks affecting thousands of fully vaccinated people.

Moreover, vaccine induced immunity is not permanent. There are likely tens of millions of Americans walking around with no vaccine produced "protection" from measles and yet everyone is not contracting measles.

The idea of herd immunity is a farce as it relates to vaccination induced immunity. This notion is becoming increasingly clear as more and more cases of vaccine failure occur.

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/2014/04/mea...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9252 Apr 14, 2014
For the past several years, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been actively promoting the shingles vaccine as the solution to what some experts say is a building shingles epidemic. But a new study published in the German medical journal Der Hautarzt, or “The Dermatologist” in English, has revealed that the childhood vaccine for chicken pox, a common viral disease related to shingles, may actually be directly responsible for triggering this epidemic.

Also known clinically as varicella-zoster virus, chicken pox is a relatively mild form of herpes virus that typically manifests itself during the early childhood years. Nearly all children who develop the condition at a young age, in fact, never develop it again, and are also usually imparted with lifelong immunity to both VZV and its relative, herpes zoster, a more severe form of the disease commonly referred to as shingles.

According to the new study; however, getting vaccinated with the chicken pox vaccine, which first became commercially available in the U.S. back in 1995, could damage this natural immune cycle. Based on the available data, getting vaccinated for chicken pox may end up blocking the mechanisms the body uses to develop its own natural immunity to both chicken pox and shingles, causing much worse infection later on down the road.

A five-year-old girl, it turns out, was found recently to have developed severe symptoms of shingles not long after being vaccinated for chicken pox. Researchers from Helios Klinikum in Germany conducted a direct immunofluorescence assay on the child to look for evidence of the vaccine strain in the infection, and found that the vaccine strain had, indeed, caused the child to become infected with the much more severe shingles virus.

“This case demonstrates that a negative VZV direct immunofluorescence assay does not exclude an infection with the vaccine strain,” wrote the authors in their study abstract, which you can view here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23358727
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9253 Apr 14, 2014
A very clear example of the way that a drug company can profit from one vaccine increasing the need for another vaccine. Prevnar 7 and Prevnar 13 both increase staphylococcal infections.
Guess what Pfizer has in their pipeline?
A vaccine against staph.

Brilliant.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9254 Apr 14, 2014
The study is particularly noteworthy because it was a double-blind placebo-controlled trial—and the researchers used saline solution, a genuinely inactive placebo, as a standin for the trivalent flu vaccine. Most vaccine trials utilize active placebos, which are substances that include ingredients used in the vaccines, making the studies meaningless—though this fact is almost never revealed.

While the government in the U.S. continues to resist doing a true study on vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children or adults, stating that such a study would be “unethical”, researchers in Hong Kong have conducted a true vaccinated vs. unvaccinated study on the influenza vaccine. This is probably one of the few, if not only, true study conducted in recent times where a real placebo was actually used and compared to the vaccine. The results are quite remarkable, suggesting that it is unethical NOT to pursue more studies comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. People receiving the flu vaccine suffered from other respiratory infections at a rate 5.5 times more than the placebo group.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9255 Apr 14, 2014
14 pages of citations to medical journal articles showing vaccines followed by disease.

http://l.facebook.com/l.php...
C Clark

Dunlap, TN

#9256 Apr 14, 2014
T DAP paralyze me for two weeks when I was young but It was a allergic reaction. so without reading everyone else's notes i'm going to say. no the one size fits all not always a good thing. but i'm also going to say we have done a lot of good with immunization. the CDC and FDA need to do more research to fix these little problems. not all doctors are here to help. I would have to say more than half of them are only in it for the money not to help the sick.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9257 Apr 14, 2014
youare wrote:
<quoted text>You are such a pr!ck Armad1ldo. No wonder people make fun of you. Jerk.
Your post suggests Tat you are among the ten year olds that post on topics.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9258 Apr 15, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post suggests Tat you are among the ten year olds that post on topics.
See what I mean? You're just a self-righteous, self absorbed, mean spirited jerk that cannot help but act superior even though you are not. "Tat" suggest that you learned to use the computer in Haiti.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9259 Apr 15, 2014
Get Real wrote:
14 pages of citations to medical journal articles showing vaccines followed by disease.
http://l.facebook.com/l.php...
You are casting pearls before the swine named Armadildo.

Since: Aug 08

Cleveland, TN

#9260 Apr 15, 2014
I had chicken pox, mumps measles I just think it is ok for kids to get these illnesses while they are little but I had them back when many mothers stayed at home now mothers don't have time for thst so vaccines
Laugh A Lot

Lebanon, TN

#9261 Apr 15, 2014
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
I had chicken pox, mumps measles I just think it is ok for kids to get these illnesses while they are little but I had them back when many mothers stayed at home now mothers don't have time for thst so vaccines
I like your name, it might explain why you are home so much! roflmao
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9262 Apr 15, 2014
Youare wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean? You're just a self-righteous, self absorbed, mean spirited jerk that cannot help but act superior even though you are not. "Tat" suggest that you learned to use the computer in Haiti.
It is not a matter of superiority. Certainly,, your juvenile joke about the name "armad1do" is worthy of no better then Beavis and Butthead.

Look at my past posts: I did not initiate the name calling. Your frinds and yeasayers did this.

By the way, that last comment about my typo is quite racist. Either you are unaware of this or you are..

This business about vaccines is quite serious. I have provided reasons for questioning the opinions of the anti-vac people. Until these questions have been answered, it is certainly miy right to disagree.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9263 Apr 15, 2014
Youare wrote:
<quoted text>You are casting pearls before the swine named Armadildo.
And I am supposed to be mean spirited?

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3

Ergo,

You are quite the fool.(That is mean spirited of me)
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9264 Apr 15, 2014
youare wrote:
<quoted text>You are such a pr!ck Armad1ldo. No wonder people make fun of you. Jerk.
Another mean spirited comment.

I do not care what morons like you think about me.

I am informing you as a courtesy so that you won't waste your time telling me what you believe you think.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9265 Apr 15, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am informing you as a courtesy so that you won't waste your time telling me what you believe you think.
You are just a hateful and despicable person and likely have no meaning in your life. You post the way you do to instigate name calling, so I'll oblige. You are just a sorry, under-educated person that can only feel better about himself if you act superior and condescending. You are, in short, a loser.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9266 Apr 15, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that. If you are getting the attention you so desperately need, it doesn't matter to you what the content is about.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9268 Apr 15, 2014
Youare wrote:
<quoted text>You're right about that. If you are getting the attention you so desperately need, it doesn't matter to you what the content is about.
Haven't I made it clear that your attention is of no use to me? Your mental development is, as i have indicatEd previously rather impaired.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9269 Apr 15, 2014
Youare wrote:
<quoted text>You are just a hateful and despicable person and likely have no meaning in your life. You post the way you do to instigate name calling, so I'll oblige. You are just a sorry, under-educated person that can only feel better about himself if you act superior and condescending. You are, in short, a loser.
So, to call me Armadi1do is indication of your uostanding moral character.

My posts do not instigate name calling except for those questionable intelligence. Am I to suppose that you are such a person.

In other words, you are quite the silly sh1t. Remember this while as you attend church next Sunday.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9270 Apr 15, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to call me Armadi1do is indication of your uostanding moral character.
My posts do not instigate name calling except for those questionable intelligence. Am I to suppose that you are such a person.
In other words, you are quite the silly sh1t. Remember this while as you attend church next Sunday.
See always trying to come off as superior. Usually brings up church for some reason. Probably confused about your beliefs, I guess. You're just a poor, pathetic person looking for attention and always wanting to lower people to your level, because you know you can never rise to their level. It shows time and time again with your responses to various people saying they "can't answer your question:" or something to that effect. Just pitiful.
Youare

Knoxville, TN

#9271 Apr 15, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't I made it clear that your attention is of no use to me? Your mental development is, as i have indicatEd previously rather impaired.
But yet you post time and time again trying to gain my approval or prove yourself. You're pathetic when you do that. Very weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marsha Blackburn 3 hr Ms Sassy 3
Donald J.Trump is not Fit or Qualified to be Pr... (Oct '16) 3 hr curious 123
Do liberals celebrate Christmas 4 hr facts 10
Stock market surge from Obama 4 hr hilarious 7
Demetria Kalodimos is the Latest Victim of Chan... 7 hr facts 4
Boycott the NFL 21 hr Nobama 147
Nancy Van Camp (Apr '12) Wed John S 89

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance