Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,600

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#9186 Apr 8, 2014
Independent wrote:
It should be up to the parents
Even though some parents are ignorant morons? What else should be "up to the parents?" What about molesting your kids... up the parents? Providing food for your kids or letting them starve... up to the parents? Refusing to let them have a blood transfusion that would save their life due to religious reasons... up to the parents?

I think people should have to take a test and get a license before they are allowed to breed. One of those questions should be: "do immunizations sometimes cause autism?" If you answer yes, you fail, and have to go actually take a class and research the issue instead of relying on hearsay and rumor like it is "fact."
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9187 Apr 8, 2014
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though some parents are ignorant morons? What else should be "up to the parents?" What about molesting your kids... up the parents? Providing food for your kids or letting them starve... up to the parents? Refusing to let them have a blood transfusion that would save their life due to religious reasons... up to the parents?
I think people should have to take a test and get a license before they are allowed to breed. One of those questions should be: "do immunizations sometimes cause autism?" If you answer yes, you fail, and have to go actually take a class and research the issue instead of relying on hearsay and rumor like it is "fact."
The answer to all those questions (that do not violate an existing law such as molestation or starvation) should be up to the parent. This is still a free country and no we do not need the government to approve "breeding" like the Chinese. You don'y like it, move to China and see how well it works for you. Idiot.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9188 Apr 8, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>The answer to all those questions (that do not violate an existing law such as molestation or starvation) should be up to the parent. This is still a free country and no we do not need the government to approve "breeding" like the Chinese. You don'y like it, move to China and see how well it works for you. Idiot.
So you are saying that unless there is a law against molestation then it would be up to the parents whether to refrain from molesting their children.

regarding "The answer to all those questions (that do not violate an existing law such as molestation or starvation) should be up to the parent".

If indeed the deciding factor here is the law, then in any state that requires immunization, the parent is no longer free to refuse to immunize. The case is no different than "in any state that requires the parent to feed their children, the parent is no longer free to refuse to feed their children.

So, your response here is hardly coherent.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9189 Apr 8, 2014
Reading is Fundamental wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, given the judgement my post received, there was nothing nonsensical or outrageous about my statement at all. You spend more time personally attacking users here than offering up actual facts. This makes you a jerk. Period.
The fact is that you cannot tell the difference between:

1. Attacking the statements you make as not being based on sound scientific evidence

And

2. Attacking the person who makes such and such a statement.

I freely admit to 1. My disagreeing with what you believe is not an attack on the person but on e belief.

Compare this with the following instance of 2.

You are the jerk because you believe that those who disagree with your claims whose truths are dubious are jerks.

To make it quite simple: merely because we disagree about something does not make the one or the other of us a jerk.
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9190 Apr 8, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that unless there is a law against molestation then it would be up to the parents whether to refrain from molesting their children.
regarding "The answer to all those questions (that do not violate an existing law such as molestation or starvation) should be up to the parent".
If indeed the deciding factor here is the law, then in any state that requires immunization, the parent is no longer free to refuse to immunize. The case is no different than "in any state that requires the parent to feed their children, the parent is no longer free to refuse to feed their children.
So, your response here is hardly coherent.
No dumbazz. That means that if a law exists, then it should be followed. The response is perfectly coherent to anyone above an IQ of about 20. So yes, if the law is that immunization is required to attend school, etc, then it has to be met, or the other option is home schooling where the law does not apply..
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9191 Apr 8, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>No dumbazz. That means that if a law exists, then it should be followed. The response is perfectly coherent to anyone above an IQ of about 20. So yes, if the law is that immunization is required to attend school, etc, then it has to be met, or the other option is home schooling where the law does not apply..
So, if there was a law that required you to kill your best friend, then you would be morally wrong if you did not carry out the execution.

If there is a law stating that because of your race you cannot sit at the front of the bus then you are morally wrong from sitting at the front.

If there is a law that says that you must, because of some disorder that you have then you must terminate yourself.

It seems that your theory that the law dictates morality--rather than morality dictating the law.
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9192 Apr 8, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if there was a law that required you to kill your best friend, then you would be morally wrong if you did not carry out the execution.
If there is a law stating that because of your race you cannot sit at the front of the bus then you are morally wrong from sitting at the front.
If there is a law that says that you must, because of some disorder that you have then you must terminate yourself.
It seems that your theory that the law dictates morality--rather than morality dictating the law.
There isn't, so its a dumbazz question. When one passes, call me. It seems your low IQ dictates your debating skills.
Single Mom

Marion, KY

#9194 Apr 8, 2014
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9195 Apr 8, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't, so its a dumbazz question. When one passes, call me. It seems your low IQ dictates your debating skills.
It is apparent that you either did not read the last sentence of my post, or you did read it but did not comprehend it. Let me make it clear for the most challenged reader as you seem to be:

You have confused the comcept of legality with that of morality. Look at the bus example again--that is Rosa Parks.

It seems clear that you have no argument to offer and so you have resorted to name calling and character-assasination. Consequently, it is you who are acting the "dumbazz" and are behaving as one with a low IQ.

You need to grow up.
Ryme-Time

United States

#9196 Apr 8, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>No dumbazz. That means that if a law exists, then it should be followed. The response is perfectly coherent to anyone above an IQ of about 20. So yes, if the law is that immunization is required to attend school, etc, then it has to be met, or the other option is home schooling where the law does not apply..
like "ice" deporting illegals ? oh wait that's the law they don't follow nm
Joker

United States

#9197 Apr 8, 2014
Single Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
mandated you sleep with me { yes } mandated you pay me {yes } mandated you answer { no }
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9198 Apr 9, 2014
Ryme-Time wrote:
<quoted text> like "ice" deporting illegals ? oh wait that's the law they don't follow nm
Your response is either incoherent or off topic.
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9199 Apr 9, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you either did not read the last sentence of my post, or you did read it but did not comprehend it. Let me make it clear for the most challenged reader as you seem to be:
You have confused the comcept of legality with that of morality. Look at the bus example again--that is Rosa Parks.
It seems clear that you have no argument to offer and so you have resorted to name calling and character-assasination. Consequently, it is you who are acting the "dumbazz" and are behaving as one with a low IQ.
You need to grow up.
Wrong again, dipsh!t. You have no character to assassinate (not "assas" buy a spell checker). Your the doofus that tries to make getting shots a moral issue. It isn't. A person's rights end when they infringe on another person's rights. You try to inject morality into your ;logic to justify your stand. Won't work. History is full of conflict between laws and "morality". Who define's what is moral, you? hahahhahahhahah We live in a Democratic Republic. The laws we have are as a result of people we have elected. Don't like 'em, elect others. But you are not equipped to debate this.
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9200 Apr 9, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is either incoherent or off topic.
It was both, but so are yours.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9201 Apr 9, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, dipsh!t. You have no character to assassinate (not "assas" buy a spell checker). Your the doofus that tries to make getting shots a moral issue. It isn't. A person's rights end when they infringe on another person's rights. You try to inject morality into your ;logic to justify your stand. Won't work. History is full of conflict between laws and "morality". Who define's what is moral, you? hahahhahahhahah We live in a Democratic Republic. The laws we have are as a result of people we have elected. Don't like 'em, elect others. But you are not equipped to debate this.
About my spelling ( am a bad proof reader on an ipad) I see that you missed the difference between "your" and "you're". That may well be something beyond a spell check issue.

You have said that "a person's rights end when they infringe on another person's rights". That
is a moral claim rather than a claim about about laws. So, you do agree that the shots requirement issue is a moral issue, and you have defined what is moral.

As for the election of officials the tn department of health (responsible for health related issues including immunization) is part of the executive branch of the state of TN goverment. Which is headed by your elected governor.

Lastly, it appears that you cannot refrain from including such polite expressions like "dipsh!t" , and "doofus", nor are you able to get beyond including such sentiments like I "have no character to assassinate" or that I am "not equipped to debate this", or that i should not "inject ... logic to justify [my] stand".

I am begining to understand that you are not able to distinguish a claim that you disagree with from the person making the claim. that is the mark of : a child, or an adult who has been sheltered from those who disagree with hin/her, or a true doofus.

Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9202 Apr 9, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>It was both, but so are yours.
Explain--if you can.
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9203 Apr 9, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain--if you can.
No thanks. You are simply too much of a dumbazz on which to waste time. You have not been able to get anyone else here to pay attention to your little passive aggressive posts and neither will I. Good luck with that doofus.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9204 Apr 9, 2014
Free Man wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks. You are simply too much of a dumbazz on which to waste time. You have not been able to get anyone else here to pay attention to your little passive aggressive posts and neither will I. Good luck with that doofus.
Your billiance has overwhelmed me. I am in awe of your brilliant use of "dumbazz".

it is clear that you cannot explain your post.

I wonder if you understand the meaning of "passive agressive".

If you haven't paid attention, then i wonder why you have respnded to my posts. Could you explain that. Most likely not.
Bear

Paris, TN

#9205 Apr 9, 2014
Joker wrote:
<quoted text> mandated you sleep with me { yes } mandated you pay me {yes } mandated you answer { no }
You can get it up. No
Free Man

Loudon, TN

#9206 Apr 10, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your billiance has overwhelmed me. I am in awe of your brilliant use of "dumbazz".
it is clear that you cannot explain your post.
I wonder if you understand the meaning of "passive agressive".
If you haven't paid attention, then i wonder why you have respnded to my posts. Could you explain that. Most likely not.
Go away little boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Chimney Works Of Nashville (Nov '09) 2 hr fuckyouasshole 8
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr cpeter1313 3,997
Yes 6 hr BIG G 57
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 9 hr nashvegas1 2,089
Lettuce 10 hr Davis 4
TN state offices 16 hr Gappy 3
Accidents 20 hr Yep 4

Flood Warning for Davidson County was issued at March 05 at 3:49PM CST

Nashville Dating
Find my Match