Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,448

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Measles

Franklin, TN

#8364 Jul 20, 2013
The idea that vaccines are all good all the time, that there is no risk, no harm, no side effects and that vaccines actually protect against disease is simply wrong.

Where are the results of blood draws and titers of children to show antibody levels after vaccination? Where are the longitudinal studies that show blood draw results and titer levels a year later, two years later, five years later? Have you or your children been monitored to assure antibody levels? NO.

Vaccines are a guess. A shot in the dark.
RedEye

Harrisburg, AR

#8365 Jul 20, 2013
Rob Petrie wrote:
In England now, the fools who didn't vaccinate are watching their children get hospitalized with measles right now. It's an epidemic. As they watch their children suffer in pain, they see teenagers who were vaccinated skateboarding past the hospital, healthy, smart, and happy with not a trace of autism. Is that justice? Oh yeah, some of the measles patients will die. Call it survival of the fittest, if you must.
Parents who refuse to vaccinate should sign a "I you so" agreement with the government that says the hospital can seize their house and bank accounts to pay for future measles treatment. Let the parents assume the risk! Not the taxpayers who are not superstitious. Those parents should lose very penny to reimburse doctors.
Pass a "PARENT REIMBURSEMENT ACT" in every state. All parents who refuse to vaccinate who get sick kids have to pay for everyone they infect and the doctors. It could be millions. Let them put up or shut up. Screw them!!
I was vaccinated as a child. Then when I was 15, I was in the Hospital for two and a half weeks, every day they drew lots and lots of blood, finally I was sent home, and after I was home for 2 months, I got a letter in the mail, from the State, it read, " you have the measles".

Long story short, the vaccine did not work for me.
no one cares

Kazakhstan

#8366 Jul 20, 2013
RedEye wrote:
<quoted text>I was vaccinated as a child. Then when I was 15, I was in the Hospital for two and a half weeks, every day they drew lots and lots of blood, finally I was sent home, and after I was home for 2 months, I got a letter in the mail, from the State, it read, " you have the measles".
no one cares
RedEye

Harrisburg, AR

#8367 Jul 20, 2013
no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares
I know that. That is why so many innocent people die every day.
no one cares

Kazakhstan

#8368 Jul 20, 2013
RedEye wrote:
<quoted text>I know that. That is why so many innocent people die every day.
are u sure?
mayhem

Bixby, OK

#8369 Jul 20, 2013
RedEye wrote:
<quoted text>I was vaccinated as a child. Then when I was 15, I was in the Hospital for two and a half weeks, every day they drew lots and lots of blood, finally I was sent home, and after I was home for 2 months, I got a letter in the mail, from the State, it read, " you have the measles".
to bad u didnt die.
no one cares

Uzbekistan

#8370 Jul 20, 2013
mayhem wrote:
<quoted text>to bad u didnt die.
maybe they did?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8371 Jul 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So who's paying for all those 47,00 paralyzed kids in India after Ole Billy Gates nicely made sure they got protected by offering those great Polio vaccines?
Which is worse? 47,000 paralyzed kids or 47 million paralyzed kids.

Seems like pretty easy math.

Valley Village, CA

#8372 Jul 21, 2013
RedEye wrote:
Vaccines are not 100% protection.
That's why herd immunity is important.

You get vaccinated, you are less likely to get the disease if exposed to it. However, if no one else gets vaccinated, you are going to get exposed to it over and over and over and over until you finally get it.

The problem is that people like "Hey" believe that if Vaccines are only 99.99% effective, they should be scrapped in favor of literally nothing because they aren't 100.00% effective.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#8375 Jul 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is worse? 47,000 paralyzed kids or 47 million paralyzed kids.
Seems like pretty easy math.
47 million?
Where did you come up with that amount?
The same mind that did the math?

“Don't let em take ur liberties”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8377 Jul 21, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
You asked a simple poll question. I thought this was to be a poll. mybad

Valley Village, CA

#8378 Jul 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
47 million?
Where did you come up with that amount?
The same mind that did the math?
There are a billion + people in India. Polio commonly results in paralyzation.

Failing to vaccinate the public would result epidemic infection and, as a result, millions would end up paralyzed.

Alternately, the vaccines prevents wide spread infection, but effects a very small percentage of people negatively.

There is no third option.

So, either LOTS of people are paralyzed or very few people are paralyzed. Pick one.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8379 Jul 22, 2013
"Leaked Memo Reveals Big Pharma's Strategy To Combat Regulators Who Want Drug Trial Results Published."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/21/leaked-...

Valley Village, CA

#8380 Jul 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Leaked Memo Reveals Big Pharma's Strategy To Combat Regulators Who Want Drug Trial Results Published."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/21/leaked-...
All trials should be published.

Big Pharma does have a problem with claiming that some drugs are more effective than they really are.

However, that's not the same thing as the conspiracy theorist nutjobs who claim that vaccines cause retroactive gene mutations in the mother's matrilinal line going back 3 generations.
Myth

Lebanon, TN

#8381 Jul 22, 2013
Herd immunity is a myth. There are too many undervaccinated adults to be anywhere close to establishing herd immunity. Without herd immunity right now, are diseases out of control? NO.

Valley Village, CA

#8382 Jul 22, 2013
Myth wrote:
Herd immunity is a myth. There are too many undervaccinated adults to be anywhere close to establishing herd immunity. Without herd immunity right now, are diseases out of control? NO.
Whooping cough, measles and mumps are all making a comeback.

Read a headline once in a while
Thor

Sunbright, TN

#8383 Jul 22, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whooping cough, measles and mumps are all making a comeback.
Read a headline once in a while
Nuggin, I sure don't want polio to resurface. We had the vaccine on a lump of sugar. It is said we are very fortunate not to have contracted the disease. We were guinea pigs.
I do know the facts

Lebanon, TN

#8384 Jul 22, 2013
http://thevaccinemachine.blogspot.com/2011/02... Vaccination rates are at all time highs. The whooping cough vaccine and MMR are failing.
Thor wrote:
<quoted text> Nuggin, I sure don't want polio to resurface. We had the vaccine on a lump of sugar. It is said we are very fortunate not to have contracted the disease. We were guinea pigs.

Valley Village, CA

#8386 Jul 22, 2013
I do know the facts wrote:
http://thevaccinemachine.blogs pot.com/2011/02/release-parrot s.html Vaccination rates are at all time highs. The whooping cough vaccine and MMR are failing.
<quoted text>
LOL!

Idiot. Don't link to a blog for facts. If you want vaccine rates go to the CDC or the WHO.

Not some jackass' blog.

Learn the difference between science and opinion. Then realize all you have is opinion and STFU when science is talking.
Wait

Johnson City, TN

#8387 Jul 22, 2013
I can see some one getting a small pox vac. Or Polio vac.. There are risks with vaccines just like with surgery etc... Those vaccines are worth the risk. Flu shots that for the most part are a joke offer for no protection. Growing up for 17 years I never had the flu I had chicken pox stomach viruses never the flu but when I was 17 mother made me get a flu shot because of the media propaganda that my grandmother was watching on tv. Guess what I got the flu several weeks later and my arm hurt for a week. Any body can die from the flu just like heart attacks healthy people without blockages young and old can die from heart attack etcc same with the flu. Sotheby's real issue is polio and small pox vaccines, that type of serious serious stuff. A cancer vaccine if it really worked would be great . Now flu shots to e that is a FDA big pharma money making load of crap I bet if some real studies were done on flu shots would probably just see the benefit of a flu shot as the placebo effect. I am not saying in any way that a healthy lifestyle is not beneficial that's probably your best defense having a healthy immune system not one overloaded with 30 flu vaccines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Music Linked to The Decli... 59 min Hillham 12
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Joint man 237
International country music singer George Hamil... 1 hr Kicker 4
18 yr old girl interested in men Sat DeDominicis 4
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Sat b1234here 1,556
Jason Aldean defends affair Sat frankie 1
Does anyone know of someone who is missing a fi... Fri Dr J 1
•••
•••
•••