Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 336)

Showing posts 6,701 - 6,720 of8,463
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7302
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My 2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>The government does not have the right to "assume", any way anyhow, assumption is never the right approach.
There's no assumption here.

We know what viruses are. We know what vaccines are. We know how vaccines work. We know what happens when people don't get vaccinated.

It's a public safety issue.

Just like putting out fires or arresting criminals.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7303
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This sort of argument is beneath you and you know it.
It's not the "same government".
The medical doctors who are advising the CDC on how to prevent massive outbreaks of preventable diseases are NOT responsible for the war in Vietnam.
This would be like me arguing that "the same citizens who shot all those kids in Newtown are opposing vaccines".
After all, that guy was a citizen. You are a citizen. Same thing.
It's a childish line of argument, and if you can't see that, you've got a bigger problem on your hands than just killing your own children.
Being that these medical doctors get Big Bucks from Big Pharma to push their wares,And Big Media Gets Big Bucks to push their wares,and Big Government gets Big Bucks to push their wares what do y'all think of that Viox recall that Merck knew was lethal but they made billions and paid a few milllion in fines and no jail time? Who wrote those prescriptions a topix troll? How about Bayers aids contaminated drug? Governrment passed and troll prescribed?Yes? FDA even knew that was contaminated didn't they? Yes they did.
How about CDC's Thorsen and his 'Danish study" and his Fraud and Money laundering trick?This was the big study on the Autism connection to vaccines wasn't it? I heard y'all mention Wakefield but no Thorsen Or that other CDC credible that was indited for child molestation and a little animal fun in the bedroom.TRUST? SURE.
Y'all talked about the mumps and the danger so everyone must get the vaccine.Is this that Merck vaccine you'd be speaking of to save the day? The one that is up on fraud charges, the fraud of their Mumps vaccine?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7304
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that these medical doctors get Big Bucks from Big Pharma to push their wares,And Big Media Gets Big Bucks to push their wares,and Big Government gets Big Bucks to push their wares what do y'all think of that Viox recall that Merck knew was lethal but they made billions and paid a few milllion in fines and no jail time? Who wrote those prescriptions a topix troll? How about Bayers aids contaminated drug? Governrment passed and troll prescribed?Yes? FDA even knew that was contaminated didn't they? Yes they did.
How about CDC's Thorsen and his 'Danish study" and his Fraud and Money laundering trick?This was the big study on the Autism connection to vaccines wasn't it? I heard y'all mention Wakefield but no Thorsen Or that other CDC credible that was indited for child molestation and a little animal fun in the bedroom.TRUST? SURE.
Y'all talked about the mumps and the danger so everyone must get the vaccine.Is this that Merck vaccine you'd be speaking of to save the day? The one that is up on fraud charges, the fraud of their Mumps vaccine?
Your argument fails on a number of levels, but most significantly it fails in this way:

You argue that doctors you don't know are getting money you can't demonstrate they are getting from groups you can't name and that because of this money, you can't trust their opinion despite the fact that the results are verifiable.

However, you give Wakefield a pass despite the fact that we KNOW he invented the autism scare specifically to sell his vaccine. We KNOW he faked his research. We KNOW he did it for money. And we KNOW he doesn't have any results to demonstrate his claim.

You so have 6-7 UNKNOWNS in your argument and no valid reasoning, but you accept it with blind faith.

Meanwhile the argument with NO unknowns is rejected because...

CRICKETS.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7305
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no assumption here.
We know what viruses are. We know what vaccines are. We know how vaccines work. We know what happens when people don't get vaccinated.
It's a public safety issue.
Just like putting out fires or arresting criminals.
Your response, in the context of the post you're responding to, seems a bit ambiguous, so if I may clarify; who is this "We" you're referring to?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7306
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response, in the context of the post you're responding to, seems a bit ambiguous, so if I may clarify; who is this "We" you're referring to?
Educated people.

Educated people know how vaccines work and how herd immunity works. Uneducated people don't.

It's evident in this very thread where the poster says that kids who already got vaccinated don't need to fear the fact that other kids aren't getting vaccinated.

This shows a clear ignorance of how vaccines and herd immunity works.

I hate to have to keep beating a dead horse, but this is simply a matter of public safety.

The government is not going to take your kid and inject them against your will. However, if you choose not to adhere to the laws of the land, then you must suffer the consequences of that choice.

In this case, refusing to vaccinate your kids means you need to home school them in order to protect the health and safety of the children of responsible parents.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7307
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument fails on a number of levels, but most significantly it fails in this way:
You argue that doctors you don't know are getting money you can't demonstrate they are getting from groups you can't name and that because of this money, you can't trust their opinion despite the fact that the results are verifiable.
However, you give Wakefield a pass despite the fact that we KNOW he invented the autism scare specifically to sell his vaccine. We KNOW he faked his research. We KNOW he did it for money. And we KNOW he doesn't have any results to demonstrate his claim.
You so have 6-7 UNKNOWNS in your argument and no valid reasoning, but you accept it with blind faith.
Meanwhile the argument with NO unknowns is rejected because...
CRICKETS.
I frankly haven't seen your back ups.You sound like a mouth piece for big Pharma your self.
Just google Doctors get big kick backs from drug companies.
I put sites up before about the difference between GMOs and other crops and you just continue to say they have been created in the same manner for years and years and that's not the truth.
However you seem to be giving Thorsen a pass and this crook stole a $ million plus of that which was for the Autism study.That study was the one that was used to keep giving the pass, on saying there was no link to Autism and vaccines.No problem here.
You seem to be the one accepting on blind faith for you just keep repeating what MSM and Big Govt.tells you.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7308
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I frankly haven't seen your back ups.You sound like a mouth piece for big Pharma your self.
Just google Doctors get big kick backs from drug companies.
You simply don't have enough information to even understand what you're talking about.

If some doctor gets a kick back for prescribing drug A over the generic version of it, that has NOTHING to do with vaccines.

The majority of medical professionals dealing with creating vaccines are not doctors who are dealing with patients and prescribing medicine. They are medical researchers who are trying to save lives.

And they've been succeeding for decades. Right up until Wakefield started getting kids killed over nothing.
I put sites up before about the difference between GMOs and other crops and you just continue to say they have been created in the same manner for years and years and that's not the truth.
Of course it is. You are trying to say that ALL crops fit into one giant category. Then, you need to accept that fact that every single crop we have is the result of hundreds if not thousands of years of genetic modification by humans.

There are no wild cows. There are is no wild corn. Wild apple trees produce inedible fruit.

Everything in the supermarket is the result of humans messing with the natural order to produce what we want over what would survive normally.
However you seem to be giving Thorsen a pass and this crook stole a $ million plus of that which was for the Autism study.That study was the one that was used to keep giving the pass, on saying there was no link to Autism and vaccines.No problem here.
You seem to be the one accepting on blind faith for you just keep repeating what MSM and Big Govt.tells you.
I don't know who Thorsen is, but I can tell you it's not _ONE_ study that shows no link between autism and vaccines. It's HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of studies from all over the world.

There are retroactive studies evaluating existing databases that demonstrate that the levels of autism are EXACTLY the same among the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

There are mechanism studies that demonstrate that there is no mechanism by which it could occur.

There are genetic studies that demonstrate an underlying genetic condition behind autism which can not be retroactively introduced into a fetus by a vaccine that occurs three years later.

There have been studies about claims about mercury.
There have been studies about claims about acid.
There have been studies about claims about the number of vaccines and how quickly they come.

There have been tons and tons and tons of studies.

The reason I bring up ONE study from Wakefield is that it's the study that STARTED this unfounded rumor using fraudulent data.

BILLIONS of dollars have been wasted proving the Wakefield lied, and yet here you are still trying to convince parents that they shouldn't vaccinate their children which has, to date, caused hundreds of deaths in the US alone.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7309
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It seems to me, Nuggin, that you're pretty fixated on Wakefield. And Hey is correct saying you "sound" like a mouthpiece for Big Pharma. BTW {oh the fixation this is going to bring, but what the hey} do you know what the Koine Greek word for Sorcery is?

Going back to my question about your use of "we", it is obvious that you should have paid more attention in English class when antecedents were taught.

As for this government not being that government, you are so wrong. However, since I doubt you make visits to thomas.gov on a regular basis, how would you even know? If you've been hearing the word "Radicalization", or any of its derivatives, this goes back to a bill that was killed in committee in 2007, just prior to the first of the "bank failures". Actually, it is the same government, and it has been learning by its mistakes.

Back to forced vaccinations, when Bill Gates addressed TED {video on YouTube}, he makes a statement that population could be reduced by 15%{if I recall properly} due to improved vaccination policies in the African Union. Pray tell, what did he mean by that?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7310
May 2, 2013
 
You don't know who Thorsen is?Well that's not good enough. Just ask the Google Guy.
As far as the HERD immunity BS the Google Guy has the skinny on that too.
Russell
Blaylock Md"One of the GOOD LIES of the vaccine program is the concept of HERD IMMUNITY.In fact,vaccines for most Americans declined to non protective levels within 5 to 10 years of the vaccines.This means that for the vast majority of Americans as well as otherin the developed world,herd immunity doesn't exist and hasn't for over 60 years."
http://rense.com/general18/mcc.htm
http://www.whale.to/a/herd.html
My 2 Cents

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7311
May 2, 2013
 
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no assumption here.
We know what viruses are. We know what vaccines are. We know how vaccines work. We know what happens when people don't get vaccinated.
It's a public safety issue.
Just like putting out fires or arresting criminals.
I was responding to the post made by SSS, not you!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7312
May 2, 2013
 
As far as the so called breeding that's gone on for ever and ever the GMOs do not fall into that category.
John Boy and Jim Bob did not whip up those GMOs with a GENE GUN in the barn with Grampa.
A GMO is a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal.
The forign genes may come from bacteria,viruses,insects,anima ls,or even humans.
Because living organisms have natural barriers to protect themselves against the introduction of DNA from differet species,genetic engineers must force DNA from one organism into another.
These methods include
1.Using virus or bacteria to infect animal or plant cells with the new DNA.
2.DNA into tiny metal pellets and firing it with a gene gun into the cell. Yes John Boy was doing this I remenber now.
3.Injecting the new DNA into fertilized eggs with a very fine needle.
4.Using electric shocks to create holes in the membrane covering sperm,and then forcing the new DNA into the sperm through these holes.
I wonder about that natural barrier that wants to keep this type of thing from happening?
Oh never mind that.Monsanto knows best.
fskjs

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7313
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jack's

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7314
May 2, 2013
 
My 2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>I was responding to the post made by SSS, not you!
What post of mine were you responding to??? I very seldom even post on this Thread and I went back 3 pages before I found where I had posted and it was just a little joke to lighten the mood.

So, what are you talking about? Some of you People are badly confused and you're confusing everybody else, too!

If you're going to respond to a post at least 3 or more pages back, made 2 or 3 days ago, you really need to use the "REPLY" option, so somebody will know who and what you are commenting to and about! Geez!

I STILL don't know what Post of mine, so you say, that you're responding to nor what I said in it!...SMH...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7315
May 2, 2013
 
Trying to have a sensible conservation with some of you People is like trying to "Herd Cats"...It Just Can't Be Done and you'll drive yourself crazy, trying!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7316
May 2, 2013
 
Hey wrote:
As far as the so called breeding that's gone on for ever and ever the GMOs do not fall into that category.
John Boy and Jim Bob did not whip up those GMOs with a GENE GUN in the barn with Grampa.
A GMO is a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal.
The forign genes may come from bacteria,viruses,insects,anima ls,or even humans.
Because living organisms have natural barriers to protect themselves against the introduction of DNA from differet species,genetic engineers must force DNA from one organism into another.
These methods include
1.Using virus or bacteria to infect animal or plant cells with the new DNA.
2.DNA into tiny metal pellets and firing it with a gene gun into the cell. Yes John Boy was doing this I remenber now.
3.Injecting the new DNA into fertilized eggs with a very fine needle.
4.Using electric shocks to create holes in the membrane covering sperm,and then forcing the new DNA into the sperm through these holes.
I wonder about that natural barrier that wants to keep this type of thing from happening?
Oh never mind that.Monsanto knows best.
WHAT??? Where are you getting this stuff...out of some B-rated Movie??? This is "crazy Talk" and it doesn't even make sense...not the way you're telling it!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7317
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
It seems to me, Nuggin, that you're pretty fixated on Wakefield.
Not to trip the "Hitler" card, but this is like saying to a WWII historian that he talks about Hitler all the time.
Wakefield is the ORIGIN of the vaccine/autism lie. Of course I'm going to talk about Wakefield. If he hadn't made it up, you wouldn't be here arguing it now.
As for this government not being that government, you are so wrong.
Point out the specific person at the CDC who is both making recommendations on vaccine schedules AND was responsible for the start of the Vietnam war. Can you?
Not the same people.
Back to forced vaccinations, when Bill Gates addressed TED {video on YouTube}, he makes a statement that population could be reduced by 15%{if I recall properly} due to improved vaccination policies in the African Union. Pray tell, what did he mean by that?
Do you honestly not know? Or are you being deliberately stupid?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are honestly dumb.
The population growth rate for so called "1st world" countries is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of 3rd world countries. That's because our better access to health care means that parents can be more secure in their belief that any given child will survive to adulthood.
The sad truth is, when you lose children to malaria at the rate they do in Africa, you have more kids to cover the losses.
As Bill _ACTUALLY SAID IN THE TALK_ when countries have medical security the people choose to have less children.
Of course, you didn't actually bother to read what he said or try and grasp context. You latched onto whatever out of context quote best fit your conspiracy theory and ran with it.
Heaven forbid the truth get in the way or your ideology.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7318
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey wrote:
You don't know who Thorsen is?Well that's not good enough. Just ask the Google Guy.
As far as the HERD immunity BS the Google Guy has the skinny on that too.
Russell
Blaylock Md"One of the GOOD LIES of the vaccine program is the concept of HERD IMMUNITY.In fact,vaccines for most Americans declined to non protective levels within 5 to 10 years of the vaccines.This means that for the vast majority of Americans as well as otherin the developed world,herd immunity doesn't exist and hasn't for over 60 years."
http://rense.com/general18/mcc.htm
http://www.whale.to/a/herd.html
Pre-vaccination how often were their polio, measels, mumps, protuses, etc outbreaks?

When vaccination schedules were followed, what happened to the number of outbreaks?

Now that parents are buying the lie about autism and failing to vaccinate their kids, what's happening?

When vaccination rates go up, disease numbers go down.
When vaccination rates go down, disease numbers go up.

If herd immunity is a myth, explain the data.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7319
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??? Where are you getting this stuff...out of some B-rated Movie??? This is "crazy Talk" and it doesn't even make sense...not the way you're telling it!
No, he's correct in that that is how scientists do studies with gene introduction.

What he's failing to grasp is that unlike this where people know exactly what gene is being added to what TEST PLANT in the lab, natural random mutation introduces an unknown number of unknown mutations into plants in the wild where we can't monitor nor test them.

But you know, random stuff going undetected is always better than controlled monitored and contained experiments. Riiiiiiight
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7320
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes people know what gene is going where but we are talking the mixing of different species.
We are talking about pesticides built right into the corn that we also eat not just the bugs it kills when they eat it.
Animals are becoming sterile,sheep feeding on bt cotton plants are dead,it is contaminating other crops, it is bankrupting farmers it is destroying the soil,it is contaminating the water, thousands of farmers in India are killing themselves,Lab rats fed GMOs are full of cancerous tumors. And I have not touched all the issues with GMOs just a few.
But no problems here.Monsanto knows best.The only ones doing great is Monsanto and the ones who gave them the green light before decent studies were done.
Monsanto's plan is to controll the whole friggin food supply.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7321
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's correct in that that is how scientists do studies with gene introduction.
What he's failing to grasp is that unlike this where people know exactly what gene is being added to what TEST PLANT in the lab, natural random mutation introduces an unknown number of unknown mutations into plants in the wild where we can't monitor nor test them.
But you know, random stuff going undetected is always better than controlled monitored and contained experiments. Riiiiiiight
This knowing exactly about the stuff being better, over that random nature junk,is like saying controled radiation leaks are better than wild oxygen floating all over the place on a massive rampage.Just use the right words, in the right place, and wala it works and sounds good. Did I grasp how to make wrong look right by moving words around in the right way?
I'm not falling for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,701 - 6,720 of8,463
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 31 min serious 124,189
Thinking outloud 10 hr Missy 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 14 hr vol 1,049
Club ménage (May '11) 17 hr sugarspice 198
Medical Marijuana Act Gains Entry to TN Senate Fri Zebo 371
steve dozier king of Judicial MISCONDUCT (Oct '13) Fri Evette 23
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) Fri sally 58,245
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••