Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,101 - 6,120 of 8,979 Comments Last updated 36 min ago
Wrong

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

breanne wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no research linking autism and vaccinations.
CDC coverup?
http://nhne-pulse.org/did-cdc-hide-link-betwe...

Since: Oct 12

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

emily wrote:
<quoted text>
i definitely agree with you, people who agree with shots are typically uneducated as to the changes that have occurred in vaccines since they started. though there could be benefits, there is ALOT to be researched in the way of these vaccines- i am a mother of two and when i had my first child i did not question these vaccines but once a local dr office offered to put my child in a 'trial study' i began to research and will no longer be vaccinating AT ALL. i would say that if its something being put into your child's body via injection especially you should do serious research before anyone jump on any 'well i got it when i was little' bandwagons. vaccines have changed significantly since even i was a child and i am 25.
A mandate is not a law. A person can get an exemption from immunizations.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

nope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

KnightLord wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement can break into your home, search it without your permission, and not tell you for up to 60 days {if then}. If you are at home they can write out a warrant on a piece of paper, and you are prohibited from talking about it to your spouse, lawyer, judge, or anyone else for that matter.
This is just one of the wonderful benefits of the US PATRIOT act. Judge Napolitano on Fox has been talking about this for almost 10 years, and though Obama said in '08 that he'd get rid of the US PATRIOT act, he has in fact re-enforced it with additional legislation.
I realize that the US PATRIOT act is a ponderous document, but there are other acts and bills you can read at http://www.thomas.gov .
Anyone who thinks we are in any way winning the "War on Terrorism" needs to take a closer look at what is going on outside our little bubble, or just keep an eye on the militarization of the police/sheriff.
you sound like an intelligent person. Have you seen all the fema coffin videos on youtube an if so what is your thoughts.
Electric panties

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

nope wrote:
<quoted text>you sound like an intelligent person. Have you seen all the fema coffin videos on youtube an if so what is your thoughts.
What about all the interment camps on standby?
Dalton

Medina, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Mandating immunizations is a great idea. If it is mandated by the government then they should pay for it.
Erin Ledlow

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I hit HPV from a bathroom in Selmer so yes

“Unknown”

Since: Sep 12

Kingsport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Dalton wrote:
Mandating immunizations is a great idea. If it is mandated by the government then they should pay for it.
Either way though, we would still pay for such.
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

nope wrote:
<quoted text>you sound like an intelligent person. Have you seen all the fema coffin videos on youtube an if so what is your thoughts.
I've seen them.

Let me add another log to the fire. The US is pulling out of the oil market in the Middle East and shifting to buying from Mexico and South America. Personally I doubt this is just to let Russia, China, and Africa fight over the fields there. If you have even a small knowledge of Biblical Prophecy this should be raising some alarm flags.

Short of moving from controlled conflict to full on warfare, it should be obvious to almost everyone, but why it seems not to be is beyond my reasoning, that we have allowed the government to grant itself powers beyond the grants and restrictions of the Constitution. Somehow we've gotten the idea that the Constitution grants us rights and limits our rights while giving the government almost limitless tyrannical powers. Now that Posse Comitatus is no more, US troops are now being stationed on US soil for use against US citizens, and foreign troops are also deployed in this country by the UN {who wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone's Mother, Sister, Father, or Brother if ordered to}.

But you asked what I think about the "coffins", didn't you? Sorry for rambling. Though they could be used for coffins, they could also be used to transport food, hand-tools, necessities, and maybe even seen in the event that some natural disaster occurs such as Yellowstone erupting.

When you consider this in parallel with Bill Gates' statement that improved health care and immunizations should decrease the population of Africa {which doesn't make any sense on the face of it} in his TED talk .... well, you tell me just how we should be listening to any of these folks. Keep in mind that Prince Phillip wants to come back, after he dies, as a virus and wipe out 90% of the human race. Nice folks, don't you think?
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Wake Up wrote:
Look at all the horrible diseases we have essentially wiped out in this country through immunization. The small risk is nothing compared to what we could go back to if they are not given. Small Pox, Whooping Cough, Polio, etc. are horrible diseases, and we will see them in this country again if immunization is not done. I do not think government should pay for it - parents should pay for the children they choose to bring into this world.
You haven't been in a public school lately have you. They are full of special ed kids these days. Something has sure changed!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't been in a public school lately have you. They are full of special ed kids these days. Something has sure changed!
It's the crap they put in the food and water.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't been in a public school lately have you. They are full of special ed kids these days. Something has sure changed!
I remember when Special Ed. children were blended in with average and above average students {didn't they call it main-streaming them?}. Maybe this is part of why they did it, among other reasons I'm sure they had.

This should shock many adults, but somehow there's a part of me that thinks the only shock some will feel is that I actually think this matters. I know 8th grade students that don't know their multiplication tables, can't add simple 2 digit numbers, have no clues about simple arithmetic functions, and somehow bring home A's in Math from Norwood Middle School.

Oh, but ask about wrassling and they can tell you all about the current crop of choreographed comedic contenders.

Now for the sad part. The busted toilet probably got more traction in here than this post ever will, but that's just a measure of parental concern {IMO}.
oppose vu

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
Yes, we no longer deny children with mental handicaps an education or condemn them to institutions due the Americans with Disabilities Act. States are legally obligated to provide the least restrictive educational environment:
"Least restrictive environment is identified in the U.S. Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, as one of the six principles that govern the education of students with disabilities and other special needs. By law, schools are required to provide a free appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment that is appropriate to the individual student's needs.
"Least restrictive environment" (LRE) means that a student who has a disability should have the opportunity to be educated with non-disabled peers, to the greatest extent appropriate."

It's not an epidemic; we're just not sweeping children and adults with handicaps under the rug anymore.

Everyone in this thread lacks the ability to do or even read basic research on the internet, lacks an understanding of the historical treatment of the mentally handicapped in the educational and medical system, and lacks an understanding of the massive childhood mortality that was a fact of human existence throughout history. You stand on the shoulders of generations of scientists and engineers, look on the advances they've made with their blood sweat and tears, and piss all over it because you are incapable of coping with the fact that there are still things out of our control. You talk about understanding autism and mental handicaps while condemning the very fields that allow us to understand these conditions and find interventions and treatments that improve the quality of life for those with these conditions. You deride science and technology as you post on a global telecommunications network from one of the most complex devices ever created in human history - something you were able to buy for a few hundred dollars. You are horrible, hypocritical people who let fear of the unknown kill your mind and turn you against that which allows us to understand and control the world.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

So, Oppose Vu, are you saying that no one on this thread has these capacities, or that everyone lacks them? I guess you've nailed us all with this one.

We're completely unaware of the American Eugenics Movement that attempted to sterilize the "infirm". The same organization that gave Hitler his eugenic agenda, and later became Planned Parenthood in the Us.

We are also not aware that there are still institutions here in the south that help the handicapped to be productive members of society, though I'm not sure what you've got in Chicago.

We are also not cognizant of how "Mainstreaming" has proven to slow the whole class down to the speed of the slowest student, hurting the average and above average students while yielding no greater results for the slower students whatsoever.

Yep, you sure got our number. You must be a product of this mainstreaming yourself. Good to see that our tax money has been so well managed and spent.

Yeppers, you've definitely made the point here. Now I shall just sit back in awe of your radiant intellect.
oppose vu

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Done my homework wrote:
So, Oppose Vu, are you saying that no one on this thread has these capacities, or that everyone lacks them? I guess you've nailed us all with this one.
We're completely unaware of the American Eugenics Movement that attempted to sterilize the "infirm". The same organization that gave Hitler his eugenic agenda, and later became Planned Parenthood in the Us.
We are also not aware that there are still institutions here in the south that help the handicapped to be productive members of society, though I'm not sure what you've got in Chicago.
We are also not cognizant of how "Mainstreaming" has proven to slow the whole class down to the speed of the slowest student, hurting the average and above average students while yielding no greater results for the slower students whatsoever.
Yep, you sure got our number. You must be a product of this mainstreaming yourself. Good to see that our tax money has been so well managed and spent.
Yeppers, you've definitely made the point here. Now I shall just sit back in awe of your radiant intellect.
Yes, I agree, you do lack an understanding of literally each of these things.
Skipster

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

oppose vu wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddup, Toothless, before I slap you.
Jane

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

NO HELL NO NONONONO

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

They never had the short bus when I went to school guess they kept the special ed kids some place else?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

oppose vu wrote:
<quoted text>
What areas of these "things" do you feel I lack understanding? Don't be bashful, enlighten me.

You do realize that I'm expecting either a very long post that says nothing, or is copy/pasted example of online plagiarism; or silence because you already know I'm going to scrutinize anything you post.
Lud

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

well wrote:
Worked with polio
Polio immunizations did not contain the harmful and sometimes deadly chemicals that these vaccines do. Today reactions to these vaccines in an ever increasing number of children include Convulsions, Shock and Severe Allergic (Anaphylactic) Reaction. All of this info is out there and available for research.

Despite the low odds, it happens every day. No one should be FORCED to make there children subject to this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Personal- looking for a w/m to share with hot wife 1 hr watchn 5
Nude snapchat swap 2 hr slickwilly 2
Balanced Good Music 2 hr guest 60
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 17 hr Hughes 1,460
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 20 hr jarda 8,594
Sheriff candidate can serve if elected despite ... 21 hr Slim 1
Medical Weight Loss - OPTIFAST Tue DC in TN 1
•••
•••