Tamar210

Canton, OH

#24 Aug 14, 2009
Need to know more wrote:
Yes, she was transported to a KY jail, then released the next day. Her court date was even postponed for a month, which I figure the law agency wanted her to heal.
How can we get in touch?
email me at noordinarylove@hotmail.com

Since: Aug 09

Crossville, TN

#25 Aug 15, 2009
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families who lost a loved one in the accident and to the survivors and their families also. My uncle is one of the survivors, as of today he is stable (and that's all I can say right now), he's got a long road ahead of him. To all of you out there who are ranting and raving about things that you have no clue about, you really have no idea how intense this issue is right now, and unless you have ever been in a situation like this you really have no room to talk. Also, even though my uncle was an inmate in the van, he is not a criminal and really should not have been there to begin with. So, again, if you don't know the situation or if you are using this blog to be obnoxious or cause trouble, please take it somewhere else and let those who truly care have the space to express how they feel and share what could be very important information. If you want to be stupid and disrespectful, please just go back to myspace.

To the person who has "beenthere" if you are serious about forwarding information and helping us to see justice served, please contact me at thelilblanca@aol.com
who

Germany

#26 Aug 15, 2009
huh
reliable source

United States

#27 Aug 17, 2009
Need to know more wrote:
One of my family members was the one described in the recent post. She said that all but three, out of ten, people died in the crash. She had been in the van for 39 hours, which only had a few styops in between to pick up / drop off inmates. What she did, to be an inmate in the first place, was wrong. But what the company did to have the two drivers, to be driving the van, was indescribable. Federal laws only permit truck drivers to drive for no more that 10 hours a day. How could this company expect these drivers to be on the road so long. Anyone think that they could drive for 39 straight hours, with an hour break every 6 hours, with no sleep? That is why the accident occurred in the first place, they both fell asleep at the wheel.What about the driver's family? Was it right to have a company expect them to put their lives at such a risk? It is risky enough to be transporting prisoners, let alone with no sleep for that long.
What was stated was correct. The company wanted this girl out of the hospital immediately. Now she can't find out who to bill the charges to for her medical costs. Does anyone want the state to have to pay for those medical bills? The law agencies hired this company to deliver the inmates SAFELY back to their respective jails, not to have to pay for bills that they had no control over.
How can I reach the company? No one wants to tell us where to send the medical bills to. Any help would be appreciated.
ALL hospital bills should be snet to PTS, the transporting agency since it was an accident. If the prisoner required medical attention (without being in accident) then the assignor gets the hospital bill.
marleighsdad

Crestview, FL

#28 Aug 21, 2009
hey ex agent director here from pts (long time ago ) whom was the agents that were killed?
marleighsdad

Crestview, FL

#29 Aug 21, 2009
the Bowmans- very sad they were very outstanding people and agents godspeed. i can tell you that PTS does adhere strictly to all DOT regulations and all the posts from ex employees are just that ex employees whom must have been let go for some violation of the rules and regulations. A junkie in the garage hmmm i doubt that highly.
figure the amount of inmates transported by pts and time on the road look at the escape record or crashes do the math - statistically they are outstanding...
masterofPTSdomai n

Memphis, TN

#30 Aug 21, 2009
yes tragic on all ends but....
""need to know more ""you claim the following What was stated was correct. The company wanted this girl out of the hospital immediately. Now she can't find out who to bill the charges to for her medical costs.First the company cant get the girl out of the hospital unless she is released by the doctor of that hospital
TAMAR you claim "That's why they have the agents driving 48 hours" however as an ex agent you are aware that this is well within DOT rules and regulations- in addition the vans are equipped with bunks for non driving agents to sleep
you go on to say "If this is true how do you explain the numberous escapes?" What i think in last 4 years they had what 2 or maybe 3? gosh scroll local papers on the net local sheriff depts have escaps thruout America on a regular basis, look at amount PTS transport alot more ALOT more then the local sheriff office, its bigger news becasue its a private firm- should escapes happen heck no , but i will tell you all escapes i know are because of agents breaking the rules and regulations or cutting corners- you know u broke rules by letting them smoke is that safe on a moving van giving inmates a chance to start a fire> duh
DumbandDummer

Nashville, TN

#31 Aug 21, 2009
BeenThere wrote:
PTS puts profit over safety. That's why they have the agents driving 48 hours, or more. Transcor at least put their agents in a hotel room every 15 hours when they were using vans. They also gave raises. PTS promotes there agents without giving them a raise. You get what you pay for. I can't put into words the greediness of PTS. They will send one agent to transport prisoners of the highest escape risk. The US Marshalls use two officers and most correctional institutions use a minimum of two officers. PTS claims they have an edge over any and all law enforcement agencies when it comes to transporting prisoners. If this is true how do you explain the numberous escapes?
I never had one day of training. I am sick of their arrogance thinking they are better than any law enforcement agency. They restrain prisoners with comfort in mind, not safety. I could go on and on, but it won't bring back the husband and wife team. I hope the feds shut them down. They don't adhere to the genus act on any leve;. May the lawsuits begin.
I too worked for both and PTS gives a lot of training with smaller classes and better material. Get your facts straight!
Oneonvan

Martinsville, IN

#32 Aug 29, 2009
BeenThere:

If you are serious about wanting to help in action against PTS please email me at
charlottelamay@yahoo.com

I would like a little input regarding what you know about PTS.

your help is greatly appreciated to many my case represents. Thank You
concern citizen 51

United States

#33 Aug 31, 2009
Oneonvan wrote:
BeenThere:
If you are serious about wanting to help in action against PTS please email me at
charlottelamay@yahoo.com
I would like a little input regarding what you know about PTS.
your help is greatly appreciated to many my case represents. Thank You
I use to work for pts of america, if you need any info just email me. concern.citizen51@yahoo.com
concern citizen 51

United States

#34 Aug 31, 2009
im not sure what you are looking for,i wasnt working there during that time. i left pts due to legal issues. They fired me because i got arrested on some crazy charge. but i was there long enough to know everything about the company. if you need any info on them just email me.They did me wrong, so anything i can do to help u would be great
Brandon

Atlanta, GA

#35 Aug 31, 2009
I just came across this blog about Prisoner Transportation Services and the tragic accident that occurred here in Georgia on August 4, 2009. I have been retained by one of the individuals involved in this incident and I am seeking to find out any information I can on behalf of my client to ensure her rights are protected. I am particularly seeking to locate and speak with any potential witnesses who may have involved in this incident. I would also be interested in speaking with anyone who knows anything about this incident or PTS of America, LLC. My client was seriously hurt through no fault of her own and I want to ensure she is taken care of in the end so I really would appreciate any help or information you may have. If you are so willing please give me a call to discuss what you may know about this situation or inform me of the location of any potential witnesses. On behalf of my client and her family, I thank you for your time and efforts in this regard. I can be reached at bsmith@candsfirm.com or toll free at 1-800-641-0098.

If any of you are in the sme situation, I am happy to share the informaiton I have learned thus far in my investigation in exchange.

Thanks.
Lordwolf73

Bowling Green, KY

#36 Sep 1, 2009
blowme788 wrote:
YOU ALL NEED TO GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START YOUR BLOW HOLES. APPERENTLY IF YOUR PARTNER GOT FIRED HE REALY FUCKED UP. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT SIT HERE AND JUST RUN YOUR BALL WASHER. SO NEXT TIME TRY GETTING THE FACTS AND BY THE WAY IF YOU CAN POST A COMMENT THIS MANY TIMES ON ON SITE YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER GETTING A JOB!!!!<quoted text>
I would not respond to bull***T like yours. But today is not your lucky day. My Partner called me about this website. As for you i would say you are probably one of the owners (that don't have a clue) or Office person who are paid to keep the money coming no matter the cost. Now, with that being said I was a Senior agent with PTS. And for your information I was a graduate of the TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, I was 1 in my class graduating with the highest test score in Laws and related classes. I spent 2yrs with TDOC before being recruited to work for you guys. So if i was a fuck up, why was I asked to come to work for you. The reason I was fired, My partner and I was on a trip for 29 days straight. We had told trip manager we had to be home on the 30th day to get our son from grandmother. So i refused to turn around in Memphis and go to Houston and pick up a prisoner. Also stated that I took a prisoner out of state that was not supposed to leave state, But we were never told that. And as for your training I had 4 hours in the office, 1 of which was to fill out tax papers. I know enough about your company, GOD i wish i could testify in court or CONGRESS for regulations against as***les like you guys. I will gladly talk to or testify to anyone with lawsuit against these jerks
Lordwolf73

Bowling Green, KY

#37 Sep 1, 2009
I may be Contacted through email first then we may speak on phone

Lordwolf1973don@yahoo.com
Tamar210

Canton, OH

#38 Sep 1, 2009
One thing I find interesting about this is that PTS owns an Ambulance Company along with the Prisoner Transport Company, Now why couldn't they transport the remianing survivors of this accident in one of the Ambulances, Should have been 1 Agent and the Driver and a EMT instead they tried to transport them by van again and then that didn't work out then it was by a car rented by PTS when the prisoner was in such a condition she shouldn't have been sitting up..BUT it is all about that money now isn't it??? Greed will get ya where ya want for the time being but that same greed WILL bring your ass down....But again like I said before KARMA will always catch up to you.. GOOD LUCK
i know it all

Crestview, FL

#39 Sep 4, 2009
as i said i was a director of agents for PTS many years back and i can tell you belly ache all you want cry all you want say you will contact a lawer or congress - go right ahead waste your time. move on....
Lordwolf73

Bowling Green, KY

#40 Sep 4, 2009
i know it all wrote:
as i said i was a director of agents for PTS many years back and i can tell you belly ache all you want cry all you want say you will contact a lawer or congress - go right ahead waste your time. move on....
Look back when you were Director, PTS might have been a great company. But, as you state that was many years back. We are talking from the present tense point of view, so unless you can speak from recent first hand knowledge. Keep your mouth and opinions to yourself because now you dont know what the company is out for and, from first hand experience, I can state that is pure and simple greed. And any agent that says they can get sleep on those damn bunks in the van is lying. I speak from working for them for over a year only reason u fall asleep on those bunks is exhaustion
iknowit all

Memphis, TN

#41 Sep 6, 2009
i was there when the bunks were put in place- its all part of the dot rules and regs and they are adhered to via the log books that are required.i will not keep my mouth shut after all this is an comment board .. okay what is a senior agent that you claim to be ? did you have any rank with them
you also spout off the following
"I was a graduate of the TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, I was 1 in my class graduating with the highest test score in Laws and related classes. I spent 2yrs with TDOC before being recruited to work for you guys. So if i was a fuck up, why was I asked to come to work for you."

if you were so good at TDOC why would you go work for PTS> It must have been something at PTS to draw the number #1 kid from the graduating class.Surely you knew about PTS and the conditions about it and if you didnt do your research you are a dummy. Now i KNOW for a FACT repeat KNOW for a FACT that you chose to be out for 29 straight days, PTS didnt schedule you for 29 days ( in fact usual runs are 14 days ) it was you and YOUR GREED to stay out for 29 days to make money casue after all if you are at home you dont make the $$$$ right? When did you tell ur trip manager you had to be home ? on the 29th day....
my god stop crying already do you want me to give you the number to the ACLU or your local state rep?tell them tell them what> dont ya think if you had so much dirt on them thier would be a class action lawsuit already - i do know the facts MORE THEN YOU WILL know , that is in the past in recent......so make my part of ur lawsuit-
Lordwolf73

Bowling Green, KY

#42 Sep 6, 2009
iknowit all wrote:
i was there when the bunks were put in place- its all part of the dot rules and regs and they are adhered to via the log books that are required.i will not keep my mouth shut after all this is an comment board .. okay what is a senior agent that you claim to be ? did you have any rank with them
you also spout off the following
"I was a graduate of the TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, I was 1 in my class graduating with the highest test score in Laws and related classes. I spent 2yrs with TDOC before being recruited to work for you guys. So if i was a fuck up, why was I asked to come to work for you."
if you were so good at TDOC why would you go work for PTS> It must have been something at PTS to draw the number #1 kid from the graduating class.Surely you knew about PTS and the conditions about it and if you didnt do your research you are a dummy. Now i KNOW for a FACT repeat KNOW for a FACT that you chose to be out for 29 straight days, PTS didnt schedule you for 29 days ( in fact usual runs are 14 days ) it was you and YOUR GREED to stay out for 29 days to make money casue after all if you are at home you dont make the $$$$ right? When did you tell ur trip manager you had to be home ? on the 29th day....
my god stop crying already do you want me to give you the number to the ACLU or your local state rep?tell them tell them what> dont ya think if you had so much dirt on them thier would be a class action lawsuit already - i do know the facts MORE THEN YOU WILL know , that is in the past in recent......so make my part of ur lawsuit-
Ok, you say that DOT regs. were followed. in the whole time i was there we never filled out log books. Yes we had report sheets, that we wrote who was driving at time of a stop, but never had to put what the second driver was doing like sleeping. As for the ranking system all PTS has in place is AIC (Agent in Charge) of trip that is what i should have put instead senior agent. And yes you were right about something else I DIDN'T do my homework. I should have done research about the company and did not. The only good thing at PTS at the time I was there was Stan Anderson. He was Director of agents and he always had our backs. I went to work there because of the Travel oppurtunity and yes the money. At the prison all u see is Four walls and the same routine everyday. Stan offered me a job and I grabbed the offer. We should have had more training in the office, it was assumed everyone knew all the regs about transporting the different levels of prisoners such as In-State, Govenors warrents, and waivers.
Lordwolf73

Bowling Green, KY

#43 Sep 6, 2009
Yes we chose to be out for 29days. But contrary to what you say we did inform our Trip manager Andrew that we needed to be home 29days from the time we left. We DID give him the exact date we needed to be in. Thats why we had dropped our last prisoners in Huntsville, Texas and was headed into Nashville when I refused to turn around and go to Houston. The Agents that died were very good people I knew them and our prayers are with their family. Same with the prisoners, most of them deserved to be transported, but didn't deserve to die because of company greed. Exhaustion is a way of life working for PTS, If you dont do what the company wants you will be left in whatever city you stand up for your rights. I called Stan several times with problems, with my first couple partners and it was handled.I finally got a great partner and everything was great. Except for the problems with vans (carbon monxide) and other problems. When Stan left the company the company went to hell. Andrew and others in office treat agents like we were lower life forms, Maybe if they were on the road going thru all the problems and stuff they would understand... So I will wait for your response, AND FOR THE RECORD I HOPE U DO KNOW WHO I AM. I HAVE LEFT MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THIS POST IF YOU WANT TO REPOND TO ME WHERE WE CAN GO INTO MORE DETAIL. I AM HAPPY TO KEEP DOING THIS IN THE PUBLIC EYE ALSO. Lordwolf1973don@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vapers check this out! 5 hr franklinite 1
Vapers check this out 5 hr franklinite 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 15 hr Rudy 2,182
Presbyterian view on marriage is breath of fres... 16 hr Newshound99 1
Recommendation Needed for Roofing Company Tue Facts Jack 9
Justice for Misty Ambrose (Apr '13) Tue Damon Hazell 10
Data recovery Mac and iPhone. Help pls!!!!!! (Sep '13) Mar 30 Janet Lans 16
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]