Prisoner Transportation Services LLC ...
Rocky

Phoenix, AZ

#293 May 27, 2013
I worked one week for PTS and got off the van. Employees treated like trash and the prisoners on board were packed in like sardines. I went 3 days without sleep and had zero bathroom time and no shower. We the employees and the inmates all smelled due to lack of hygiene and a shower. I got off the van and purchased a bus ticket home. The federal government should better regulate these prisoner contract transport companies. yuck!
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#294 May 28, 2013
Rocky wrote:
I worked one week for PTS and got off the van. Employees treated like trash and the prisoners on board were packed in like sardines. I went 3 days without sleep and had zero bathroom time and no shower. We the employees and the inmates all smelled due to lack of hygiene and a shower. I got off the van and purchased a bus ticket home. The federal government should better regulate these prisoner contract transport companies. yuck!
You're right. There is almost no regulation. The NLRB should also regulate them as I can't imagine that these PTS employees are properly compensated for overtime.
Where were you hired? What route were you on? Did you get any security training before going on the job?
Often prisoners are just transported aimlessly around the country, costing the federal government or the agency responsible for payment for their transport an additional huge amount of money for their overnight or even weeks stays in some place where they've been dumped off or where they should never be. Their medical needs are often neglected or ignored, though it could have permanent or even fatal results.
pts victim

Spring Hill, FL

#296 Aug 8, 2013
I was picked up in Florida to be taken to Pennsylvania by PTS. I will start at the very beginning.
While the “officer” was shackling me up in the prison to take me out to the bus..He seemed concerned that I was shaking (never been arrested before) He asked if I was going to be ok? I told him I hope so I am just frightened..he said ohh you will be ok we only have one nut on the bus that we had to mace you should be fine... I got on the bus and was promptly placed inside a 3ft X 5 ft cage WITH THE NUT HE JUST TOLD ME ABOUT! There were empty seats on the bus so I quickly found out that the games had started. I spent the next 3 days in this cage..first I watched as almost all of the black prisoners had their shackles removed yet white prisoners were not even spoken to or responded to..however I was asked a few questions..such as..why do white people shit so much..have I ever had a shotgun put to my head..as he held a shotgun to my head..1 was then asked if I wanted to barter’ the jewelry in m personal property...l refused and was never fed again. An elderly man on the bus was asked if he had “that social security money” he replied yes..the “sergeant” then said well would you like a safe and pleasant trip? Just buy me and the bus some cigaretts.The “sergeant took the mans debit card out of his personal property and went in a store and bought 4 packs of cigaretts.The “sergeant” spent the next 3 days pretending to read police reports on us claiming very severe punishment and long jail times ahead of us...It was all fake just to scare us..We were also told that we were in for the ride from hell once we switched vehicles in Kentucky. I thought The worst part was probably when the “sergeant” thought it would be funny to urinate on the boy (im 50) in the cage! But it wasn’t the worst. With non stop driving 3 days later I ended up in Kentucky with severely swollen legs I was told was because I am allergic to the shackles spent only 30 minuets in the jail in Kentucky in a holding room. Never allowed to rest or SHOWER.I was now placed into a cargo van with 12 other people..still no showers or rest. To our surprise the female “Sergeant” Ms.K seemed and was as compassionate as she could be.Halfway thru my four day non stop ride to Pennsylvania Ms.K came to me and questioned me as to what happened on the first part of my trip and what the “sergeant” had done to me and the other passengers, I did answer her questions. At this point I absolutely could not walk my legs were in such bad shape so swollen you couldn’t even see the shackles around my ankles.I asked to have them loosened and that never happened. They refused.. There is no bathroom on the van so.. For the few restroom stops we made we had to get out of the van at a jail. As all the video will show. I was never able to get out of the van to use a restroom...As the “Sergeant” said the best she could do for me was to offer me a Gatorade bottle to use as a restroom...They never offered to help me into the jail to use the restroom. When I finally arrived in Pennsylvania..No shower for 6 days..No sleep for 6 days.. Unable to urinate for 4 days and completely unable to walk. I had to be carried out of the van. Weak dehydrated with legs that wouldn’t function and destroyed mentally. The jail I was brought into was shocked at my condition. While I was in the jail intake area barely standing the “Sergeant” came to me and publicly stated the following..1 am so sorry for what happened to you .nobody should have a boot put on their throat when they are down and I wanted you to know that the company is aware what happened to you and they are going to place a “plant” on the bad sergeants bus to catch him red handed..and trust that this will never happen to another person. I understand I needed to be transported..but Beaten..Humiliated..Starved..U rinated on. Menaced with a shot gun. Denied rest. Denied a bathroom and Racially discriminated against was cruel and unusual punishment.
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#297 Aug 9, 2013
You wrote: I was picked up in Florida to be taken to Pennsylvania by PTS.

You need to report this to the police, to the court and I would get hold of the ACLU, if you can. This is a civil rights issue.
ptsvictim

Spring Hill, FL

#298 Aug 11, 2013
FloydC wrote:
You wrote: I was picked up in Florida to be taken to Pennsylvania by PTS.
You need to report this to the police, to the court and I would get hold of the ACLU, if you can. This is a civil rights issue.
Dear Floyd..Thank you for your support. On the 6th of this month I did in fact sit for two hours with an attorney and filed a lawsuit.I would also like to contact the ACLU.This should never happen to another person..no matter what their crime. I don't understand why the state of Pennsyvania would use a company with such a bad reputation that is well documented for many years.I do feel I need to go with legal action to help put a stop to what goes on...however the fact I can not put this nightmare behind me bothers me, but I will do what is needed. This experience has left me damaged I always felt that I was a strong person...I have walked thru fire in my life,but this I can't seem to shake. Thanks again Floyd
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#299 Aug 11, 2013
ptsvictim wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Floyd..Thank you for your support. On the 6th of this month I did in fact sit for two hours with an attorney and filed a lawsuit.
I'm glad you've found an attorney. You're in Florida? I might be able to put you in touch with the ACLU, but because you're represented, it might be difficult for them.

I do want to stay in touch. We need to trade e-mail addresses.
ptsvictim

Spring Hill, FL

#300 Aug 12, 2013
FloydC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you've found an attorney. You're in Florida? I might be able to put you in touch with the ACLU, but because you're represented, it might be difficult for them.
I do want to stay in touch. We need to trade e-mail addresses.
Hello Floyd...I would like to speak to someone at the aclu..doesn't have to be for my case but for the bigger picture.Laws need to be changed..like the 180 day law.People need to be made aware of what goes on.If I have to go public with my story I will. My attorney is a retired judge and one of floridas best...and a bonus is he is a friend of mine.Yes Floyd I am in Florida...Tampa bay area. I would also like to keep in touch you can email me at ptsvictim@gmail.com Thanks again
Fred Schlosser

Pleasant Plains, IL

#301 Sep 17, 2013
Tamar210 wrote:
<quoted text>
Najority of the transport companies are like this. It's all about the money NOT about the people making it for them..And as bad as PTS is there is one much much worse....
I currently represent two individuals who were abused during transport, including being subject to exhaust fumes entering the van for hours on end. I would be interested in information for former individuals who were abused during transport and/or former employees who can provide me with information about such practices.
Fred Schlosser

Springfield, IL

#302 Sep 17, 2013
BeenThere wrote:
Facts? You want facts? I worked for PTS and Transcor. I had training with Transcor and absolutely none with PTS. I knew the husband and wife agents that were killed in that horrible accident. The facts are: They make these agents drive 49 hours or longer before getting to shut down for some greatly needed rest. This agency has not given any kind of raise to their employees for years. I know I never received one in several years. They hire individuals off the street with little, or no experience in the prisoner transport field. They also will send only one agent on many trips with prisoners who are extremely high escape risks. I wish you critics defending PTS would try working for them. I mean driving not working from a desk. Kent Wood and Thor as well as the majority owner have never driven steady for a month and only being able to rest every 48+ hours. I know I had nearly fallen asleep on numerous ocassions. There is absolutely no training involved and if possible I will be glad to testify against PTS in any criminal charges, or lawsuits. PTS needs to be shut down.
There equipment is substandard. I am going to make it a goal to get in touch with those agencies investigating this accident amd let them know what I had to endure. I'm a former law enforcement officer and I know what's right and what's wrong when it comes to transporting prisoners. I have over 20 yesrs experience. So to those saying get the facts, I say practice what you preach.
i

I am an attorney and have a suit pending. I would love to discuss PTS and your experience as an employee. You can contact me at fred@gwspc.com.
Fred Schlosser

Springfield, IL

#303 Sep 17, 2013
BeenThere wrote:
Facts? You want facts? I worked for PTS and Transcor. I had training with Transcor and absolutely none with PTS. I knew the husband and wife agents that were killed in that horrible accident. The facts are: They make these agents drive 49 hours or longer before getting to shut down for some greatly needed rest. This agency has not given any kind of raise to their employees for years. I know I never received one in several years. They hire individuals off the street with little, or no experience in the prisoner transport field. They also will send only one agent on many trips with prisoners who are extremely high escape risks. I wish you critics defending PTS would try working for them. I mean driving not working from a desk. Kent Wood and Thor as well as the majority owner have never driven steady for a month and only being able to rest every 48+ hours. I know I had nearly fallen asleep on numerous ocassions. There is absolutely no training involved and if possible I will be glad to testify against PTS in any criminal charges, or lawsuits. PTS needs to be shut down.
There equipment is substandard. I am going to make it a goal to get in touch with those agencies investigating this accident amd let them know what I had to endure. I'm a former law enforcement officer and I know what's right and what's wrong when it comes to transporting prisoners. I have over 20 yesrs experience. So to those saying get the facts, I say practice what you preach.
I have a lawsuit pending and would like to speak to you about your experience with this company. Feel free to email me at fred@gwspc.com.
Michael

United States

#304 Sep 24, 2013
The problems with these human rights violations vans are this:

I had to be taken from NJ to Florida (for an unpaid fine which I was immediately released for when i arrived)

8 days in a van. 1 stop to sleep for 8 hours. Myself and 9 other people crammed in a tuna can in the dead heat of summer with no ventilation. Bathrooms breaks once every 24-48 hours. Myself and everyone else on board soiled themselves multiple time. One person got out of line, and the "officer" came back and tased everyone of us.

Shackled for the ENTIRE trip. wrists, ankles, waist, all attached to eachother. Movement is next to impossible. Strain came on after 24 hours, and tendonitis came on after the trip. 3 days without sleep. Permanent damage (tendonitis, bursitis, and torn ligaments) to my ankles and wrists after passing out and falling over 5 times from sheer exhausting and stretching every ligament the wrong way

Imagine being fed mcdonalds 3 times a day, then being made to 24 hours without going to the bathroom. And the temp in the van is literally 90 degrees with no air flow. Try fitting 5 full grown men in 2 passenger seats. for 8 days.

Pepper spray prayed into the van 3 times they werent even aiming for the right person. they just sprayed and laughed about afterwards.

We were pulled over 3 times for reckless driving, but the cops let us go when they found out who we were

I wished I was a farm animal. There are more laws to protect their transport than humans. PRISONER TRANSPORT VANS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS PLAIN AND SIMPLE
pts victim

Spring Hill, FL

#305 Sep 24, 2013
As you can see in my prior post I had the same experience as you on PTS transport....sorry that happened to you as well...ptsvictim@gmail.com
pts victim

Spring Hill, FL

#306 Sep 24, 2013
Hello Fred,
As you can see by my prior post I am a victim...I also hired an attorney....feel free to contact me ptsvictim@gmail.com
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#307 Sep 25, 2013
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23519186/cops-inma...

Police: Last escaped inmates in Okla. recaptured

Posted: Sep 24, 2013

WEATHERFORD, Okla.(AP)- The last two of eight inmates who allegedly escaped in a transport van in western Oklahoma when guards stopped to take at least one ill prisoner to a hospital and left the keys in the vehicle were recaptured Tuesday, police said.

Lester Burns and Michael Coleman were taken into custody shortly after 6 p.m. Tuesday in Weatherford, according to Assistant Police Chief Louis Flowers.

"Somebody called in on them. They saw them in the backyard of a residence," Flowers said.

The two were arrested in the backyard of the home in eastern Weatherford by Custer County deputies who were assisting in the search. There were no injuries, Flowers said.

The inmates are from jails in the western and northern United States, Flowers said, and were being transported by Prisoner Transportation Services of Nashville, Tenn. The company confirmed it was transporting the inmates, but declined further comment because an investigation was ongoing.

Coleman was being held for assault and Burns for failure to pay child support, according to Flowers. He said he did not know what state or states the men were originally being held.

One or two of the inmates fell ill near Weatherford, which is about an hour west of Oklahoma City on Interstate 40, Cox said.

Flowers said the inmates were left in a locked compartment inside the van as a guard began taking some of them to a restroom.

"Two of the prisoners kicked the partition out and were able to gain access to the front of the van.... The keys were still in the van as far as we know, and it was still running," Flowers said.

Cox said the inmates stopped about one mile down the road and two ran away. Dogs and helicopters were summoned to aid in the search, and officers went door-to-door during the afternoon, according to Flowers.

Burns and Coleman were found virtually across the street from where they had left the van, Flowers said.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokeswoman Betsy Randolph said officers also recovered a 12-gauge shotgun that had been inside the vehicle.

Critics of private prison transportation companies have complained that they are poorly regulated.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford was locked down for about two hours while police searched for the two inmates. The school lifted the lock down just before 4 p.m., KOKH television reported.
no name

Sandy, TX

#308 Sep 26, 2013
That company sucks and should be banned from government contractor list
ashad hossain

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#309 Nov 24, 2013
Transportation Services of Nashville, Tenn. The company confirmed it was transporting the inmates, but declined further comment because an investigation was ongoing.
Transcor

Bethpage, TN

#310 Dec 9, 2013
Transcor lets people burn alive in their vans.

Dickson County Sheriffs Office confirmed it.
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#311 Dec 9, 2013
Transcor wrote:
Transcor lets people burn alive in their vans.
Dickson County Sheriffs Office confirmed it.
CCA is just as bad. They let an inexperienced driver take a van with an unbraked trailer in horrible conditions from Burlington to Limon two years ago. She killed herself, and one critically injured inmate whom they refused to allow to receive medical attention until more help arrived, by which time he died. Her shotgun and eight other inmates were badly injured.
EPOWELL

Madison, AL

#312 Dec 20, 2013
BeenThere wrote:
PTS puts profit over safety. That's why they have the agents driving 48 hours, or more. Transcor at least put their agents in a hotel room every 15 hours when they were using vans. They also gave raises. PTS promotes there agents without giving them a raise. You get what you pay for. I can't put into words the greediness of PTS. They will send one agent to transport prisoners of the highest escape risk. The US Marshalls use two officers and most correctional institutions use a minimum of two officers. PTS claims they have an edge over any and all law enforcement agencies when it comes to transporting prisoners. If this is true how do you explain the numberous escapes?
I never had one day of training. I am sick of their arrogance thinking they are better than any law enforcement agency. They restrain prisoners with comfort in mind, not safety. I could go on and on, but it won't bring back the husband and wife team. I hope the feds shut them down. They don't adhere to the genus act on any leve;. May the lawsuits begin.
I too worked for PTS and yes there are things they were not the best on, however, the things people are saying however somewhat true are not entirely true in my experience. They were very good to me and I would work for them again any day. You keep referring to driving for 48 hours with no sleep when this is not entirely true. Yes I understand you drive for 48 hours BUT there are always (in my experience) two persons therefore one person drives and the other sleeps. I too was a husband and wife duo and it worked out wonderfully for us. So for everyone who keeps bashing Thor and the others remember there is good and bad in every job and there are also dangers in every job you have. I often wish I was still working for them.
FloydC

Bluff City, KS

#314 Dec 20, 2013
EPOWELL wrote:
<quoted text> You keep referring to driving for 48 hours with no sleep when this is not entirely true. Yes I understand you drive for 48 hours BUT there are always (in my experience) two persons therefore one person drives and the other sleeps.
So, when you were transporting, but not driving, did you sleep sitting in the shotgun's seat, or did you actually crash in a bed? Were you driving a bus or a 15-passenger van? Did you have a CDL? What kind of training did you have with inmates?

How often were inmates allowed to stop to go to the rest room? What kind of food were they fed?

Were you aware of any escapes from PTS custody? How about injury crashes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taking a Knee 1 hr Taxpayers Fund Wa... 54
Why Jesus Christ is the only way.. 13 hr Nobama 55
earting bhole 15 hr thoughts 3
Corker for Prez 17 hr yep 30
How Far Would You Go In Supporting Trump? 17 hr say again 135
Rishard Matthews 18 hr zzzap 4
I hate men. Wed yeppers yeppers 13

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance