Chris Bostick

Colton, CA

#197 Feb 13, 2012
Lisa wrote:
Mr. Bostic,
I have seen the 149.99 commercial for the Kia Serento. I was wondering what the terms are for this offer. Obviously credit score plays a huge factor in this offer. I was wondering if it requires money down and and what model are you referring to ? Also how many months is this financed for ? I do not see how it possible to offer these terms unless it requires a down payment or maybe a lease. I have good credit over 700 scores and would interested in a payment this cheap as I am a single mother.
Thanks
Lisa
149 is option with approved credit. 149 down = higher monthly payment. 149 per month = a higher down payment. Also depends on which vehicle you pick.
Naomi

Greenville, KY

#201 Feb 15, 2012
Or you can go to Carnival Kia and they will sale you a used car at a great deal and not tell you about the $1100 ($1500 if you include interest) extended "warranty" they throw in to make a back a few extra bucks from giving you such a good deal according to sales manager Chris @ the Rivergate store. And be sure to check all the features...just because the sticker says the car has cruise control doesn't mean that's true...Chris also says they don't make the stickers (apparently they don't check them against the car's features either). Also the Q certified doesn't make sure all the lights are working in the car...you may have to check that for yourself as well. Hmmm also don't listen to APR % from the salesmen...they don't know what they are talking about according to the finance guy who scolded the salesman in front of me...not good business.

I will not buy from Carnival at Rivergate again...and after having my car for less than a week if I could give it back I would!!!
Very UNHAPPY customer.

PS I had already warned the salesman that I was not new to the KIA tactics of fine print and the $9000 car without AC in Texas.
Chris Bostick wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could come to a new car dealership and deal directly with me "the owner" should you ever need any help with your car, I and the dealership will still be there to take care of you. I am part of a larger group than most people know about. Our group has a total of 28 new car dealerships here in the U.S. as well as 5 Ford dealerships in China. 13 of our dealerships are Kia, which makes us the largest volume Kia retailer in the U. S.
Everyone is welcome to make their own decisions about what to buy and from whom. It saddens me to see that others feel the need to say bad things about me, or unkind things abouty family. We are truly good people and I invite you to come meet us in person before you post something that is cruel or untrue. We have feelings and unkind words said about us sting just as much as if someone was talking behind your back.
Bless you all. Chris Bostick
Naomi

Greenville, KY

#202 Feb 15, 2012
Great deals are not always what they seem and car salesmen continue to live up to their negative stereotypes from my experiences these past 5 days. I work with inner city ED kids and they don't bend over backwards to excuse their behaviors, cover up and LIE so much.
Naomi

Greenville, KY

#203 Feb 15, 2012
PS I loved my previous KiaRio and due to an unfortunate accident two weeks ago on the wet backwoods steets of KY at 5:25am it was totaled. I drove it for 4.5 years and put over 138,000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever with regularly scheduled maintenance. Made it to CA from TX twice and we moved from TX to KY in it making multiple trips back and forth for interviews and moving stuff. I LOVED my RIO!!! I am sure after the frustration subsides I will love this one too...but the hassle and shenanigans is more than one person should have to deal with when buying a car. I had done my research and I had preivous experience with HIGH VOLUME Dealers...ask Captial Kia in Austin TX. They sold me on the RIO and set up a great deal for me then...I only wish I could say the same favorable words now.
Naomi

Greenville, KY

#204 Feb 15, 2012
chris you are not a christian... you are a total lying cheating scumbag. And you employees have meth-mouth.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#205 Feb 16, 2012
Naomi wrote:
chris you are not a christian... you are a total lying cheating scumbag. And you employees have meth-mouth.
It makes me sad to hear you call me names and judge me as you are. Your warranty was fully disclosed on all your paperwork, if you have now decided you don't want it, cancel it and the FULL amount will be credited back to your finance paperwork. As to the equipment on the car, you took it for a drive and saw and experienced all of the options the car had. Not sure why you would be talking to a salesman about bank rates, he is a salesman not a finance manager. He nor the finance manager sets the finance rate, YOU do by your previous credit. That is all controlled by our fair credit act put in place a few years ago by our government after the crash in 2008. If you would like to talk to me personally I would be happy to. The "Chris" you talk about in your post was not me. I have never spoken to you, but glad to.

Sincerely,
Chris Bostick
Owner
Naomi

Greenville, KY

#206 Feb 16, 2012
That was my husband who is even more unhappy than I am. He would be more than willing to talk to you.

The warranty was disclosed in my paperwork and that is where I found it and questioned why the cost of the vehicle was more than the deal we had arranged. However, neither the sales guy or the finance guy spoke of an extended warranty or charging me for an extended warranty PRIOR to me DISCOVERING it in my paperwork. I know the Chris wasn't you..it was your sales manager at your Rivergate store who tried to explain away every concern I had with an excuse as to why things were the way they were.

I did not test drive the vehicle because I was in the store a week earlier and test drove a new vehicle. I did look it over prior to purchase and turn it on and was okay with the vehicle; however, the sticker was not on the window. I found the sticker in the glove box two days later when I went to update my insurance. At that time I called the Rivergate store and talked to Chris your sales manager who stated the stickers are created by someone else and its not his or the stores fault the sticker says the car should have cruise control and floor mats, but doesn't. I told him if the sticker had been on the window, then I would have asked about it.

I wasn't discussing my finance rate with your sales guy. I asked a simple question "what is the APR" when he had me sign the intial quote for payment (There was no APR on the paper I signed) and instead of saying I don't know ask the finance guy, he told me a rate that was 1.49% lower than the rate when I signed the paperwork. They explained they don't run a "hard" credit report because it has a negative impact on the credit...I disclosed my exact credit score on the Monday prior to my purchase when he intially said he could get me a low finance rate 4% lower than my final rate. That was also explained away by "we give general quotes based on what we THINK your car will finance at". I fully disclosed why my credit score is what it is...I was laid off July 2010 and I own a house in TX I stopped paying for last month a year after moving here in order to be eligible for help from my mortgage company. I have never been late on a car payment or mortgage payment until last month.

I would be more than happy to discuss my experience in detail because it has left a sore spot and it wasn't just one deceitful thing....it was several.
Chris Bostick wrote:
<quoted text> It makes me sad to hear you call me names and judge me as you are. Your warranty was fully disclosed on all your paperwork, if you have now decided you don't want it, cancel it and the FULL amount will be credited back to your finance paperwork. As to the equipment on the car, you took it for a drive and saw and experienced all of the options the car had. Not sure why you would be talking to a salesman about bank rates, he is a salesman not a finance manager. He nor the finance manager sets the finance rate, YOU do by your previous credit. That is all controlled by our fair credit act put in place a few years ago by our government after the crash in 2008. If you would like to talk to me personally I would be happy to. The "Chris" you talk about in your post was not me. I have never spoken to you, but glad to.
Sincerely,
Chris Bostick
Owner

Since: Jan 12

Augusta, MI

#208 Feb 16, 2012
Mr. Bostick,

I am the one who sent you a message about my son's transplant and s forth, just wanted to let you know that we went to the Rivergate store and Arthur was great, thought for sure I would have to get used but we drove home in a 2012 Kia Sorento. You have made a lifetime customer here. Your group was honest and very helpful. God bless you and your family.

Jamie Lee
Alfred

Nashville, TN

#211 Mar 15, 2012
Umm... I think they call it a uniform.
Whats Going On wrote:
You know how Mr. Bostick ALWAYS wears those blue shirts in those commercials? Well, I went by there for an errand some months back and noticed EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE has on those blue shirts! Is that a dealership or a cult(and if it's the latter, is it connected to the Snuggy Cult)?
dad

Mount Juliet, TN

#212 Mar 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Bostick, SHAME on you for all the lies and underhanded practices you employ to sell cars. I stopped in at Carnival KIA yesterday and saw that EVERY car has a sticker on it adding $2,495 to the MSRP. This amount was entitled AMV (Assessed Market Value), one of your salesmen explained that this was added because the cars were really worth the extra money. I burst out laughing at this blatant attempt at daylight robbery.

I guest Dessie need more bra's.
IZZI

Hendersonville, TN

#213 Mar 24, 2012
I have to say that the new Kia's look pretty nice. I probably will never own one (I love my Cadillac CTS).

The verbiage that bother me is when an ad states "No credit application will be refused" They did not say approved...they stated refused.

I will not refuse your credit app either, but I have no way of approving it, since I have no affiliation with credit lenders.
Someone with low credit will drive down there and waste their day only to find out that they were declined credit (but Kia did not refuse to take their credit application).

Integrity goes a long way and it is to bad that Mr. Bostick has sunk to this low.

I will not speak to the business practices that are mentioned throughout this post as I have never stepped into the dealership and will not pass judgement, but the commercial made me want to express my disappointment.
Legal Age

Smartt, TN

#214 Mar 25, 2012
Trying to be informed wrote:
I am starting to be in the market to purchase a car. This KIA dealershio Carnival Kia, advertises that thier new cars are 40% off, and if you have $149,00 and a job, that they can sell you a car. Is this for real?
Before I drive a hour and a half, can anyone tell me about this?
Drive a Ford or a Chevy stop supporting japan. Do you see students at colleges driving a Ford or Chevy, NO ! They support there own Country, Why not Americans?
Common Decency

Nashville, TN

#215 Mar 25, 2012
Legal Age wrote:
<quoted text>
Drive a Ford or a Chevy stop supporting japan. Do you see students at colleges driving a Ford or Chevy, NO ! They support there own Country, Why not Americans?
Well, if you really want to support your own country, many Nissans are made in TN and VW are soon to be. Hyundais are made in AL. The two cars with the most American made content (supporting the most American jobs, IOW) are the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry. Many GM and Ford cars are made in Mexico/Canada now. If you buy a GM car, you are essentially supporting Obama's illegal takeover of GM. He screwed over the bondholders, violating black-letter law, and tranferred 17.5% of the ownership to the UAW. I can't imagine anyone would want to support such a dictatorial government.
informed

Franklin, TN

#216 Mar 25, 2012
Common Decency wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you really want to support your own country, many Nissans are made in TN and VW are soon to be. Hyundais are made in AL. The two cars with the most American made content (supporting the most American jobs, IOW) are the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry. Many GM and Ford cars are made in Mexico/Canada now. If you buy a GM car, you are essentially supporting Obama's illegal takeover of GM. He screwed over the bondholders, violating black-letter law, and tranferred 17.5% of the ownership to the UAW. I can't imagine anyone would want to support such a dictatorial government.
Kia builds cars in GA, they have a huge production plant south of Atlanta. Kia really is a great vehicle, I don't know why carnival Kia doesn't direct their adds to the Toyota/Nissan/Honda/ford consumer.
Common Decency

Nashville, TN

#217 Mar 25, 2012
informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Kia builds cars in GA, they have a huge production plant south of Atlanta. Kia really is a great vehicle, I don't know why carnival Kia doesn't direct their adds to the Toyota/Nissan/Honda/ford consumer.
I didn't know that, but I didn't mean to imply my post was all encompassing. Mitsubishi and Subaru build cars in Indiana as well. I'm sure there are others. My point was that buying an "American" car might not be the car you think it is. Kia used to build good cars that were decent basic transportation, but depreciated like an RV, now they do build some cars that could easily be called "great". The new Kia Optima is not just a great car, it is absolutely beautiful and I honestly never thought I would say that about a Kia. The Sorrento offers a lot of value in the mid-size SUV and that ugly little rolling phone booth evidently has some fans as well.
Also, to the poster irritated about the ADM (or whatever they call it at HH Kia). It is very irksome, but it does help some customers buy cars they couldn't otherwise buy because they are upside down in their trade in. I personally would say, if you are upside down in your trade in, you don't need to be buying a new car because you aren't nearly as upside down as you're going to be, but that's not my decision to make. If you pull into a dealership and the cars have ADM, you have two choices, go do business somewhere else, or tell them up front, you're not paying it. Same with document fees. Dealers tell customers that they are required to charge document fees, but that isn't really true. The law requires them to charge everyone the same document fee, if they charge one. I will never pay a document fee because it's a matter of principle with me. WalMart doesn't charge a transaction fee when I buy something there, it's built into their profit that they are going to have to pay someone to stock, inventory, check-out and bag the goods they sell.
Judy

Smartt, TN

#218 Mar 25, 2012
Common Decency wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you really want to support your own country, many Nissans are made in TN and VW are soon to be. Hyundais are made in AL. The two cars with the most American made content (supporting the most American jobs, IOW) are the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry. Many GM and Ford cars are made in Mexico/Canada now. If you buy a GM car, you are essentially supporting Obama's illegal takeover of GM. He screwed over the bondholders, violating black-letter law, and tranferred 17.5% of the ownership to the UAW. I can't imagine anyone would want to support such a dictatorial government.
and the profit goes were/ japan not the USA moron.republican talk.. just as heartless cheney.

Did medicare pay for cheney new heart?

You missed some news! This morning Satan was found dead, and his heart missing! I was explained that Dick Cheney had been seeking a heart match for an operation since his first heart attack many years ago, and Satan finally volunteered, saying that He would offer his heart only to one who could honor it by being at least as evil as Himself. The surgery was performed by the Surgeon General Josef Mengele, Adolph Hitlers personal doctor who presided over the Nazi death camps during WWII.

It is expected that, with Satan dead, Cheney will be elevated to the same position by the Republicans Party future Presidents.
Common Sense

Nashville, TN

#219 Mar 25, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
and the profit goes were/ japan not the USA moron.republican talk.. just as heartless cheney.
Did medicare pay for cheney new heart?
You missed some news! This morning Satan was found dead, and his heart missing! I was explained that Dick Cheney had been seeking a heart match for an operation since his first heart attack many years ago, and Satan finally volunteered, saying that He would offer his heart only to one who could honor it by being at least as evil as Himself. The surgery was performed by the Surgeon General Josef Mengele, Adolph Hitlers personal doctor who presided over the Nazi death camps during WWII.
It is expected that, with Satan dead, Cheney will be elevated to the same position by the Republicans Party future Presidents.
Before you call anyone else a moron, perhaps you should learn to use basic English and construct a simple sentence, otherwise, it just seems, well, that you're a moron. Why does it matter where the profit goes? Isn't it more important that the Americans building those cars stay employed? Please try to use the one brain cell you have left to occasionally think instead of just repeating what you heard down at the welfare office.
mat

Mount Juliet, TN

#221 Apr 4, 2012
Kia takes 2 weeks to get a replacement part.
During the hail storm Kia's got beat up really bad. But VWS had no damage.
CHRIS BOSTICK

Lewisville, TX

#222 Apr 4, 2012
mat wrote:
Kia takes 2 weeks to get a replacement part.
During the hail storm Kia's got beat up really bad. But VWS had no damage.
So very sorry... the storm was an act of God.... we have no control of it.
trent peterson

United States

#224 Apr 4, 2012
CHRIS BOSTICK wrote:
<quoted text>So very sorry... the storm was an act of God.... we have no control of it.
are u gay? You seem to be very feminine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't mess with Trump!! 55 min Rod Knox 102
Why can't we all get along? 4 hr Master Bates 3
motels 8 hr need some indi 3
Ted nugent at ryhman 8 hr who cares 2
Protest American Renaissance Conference at Mont... 8 hr hehehehehe 52
country music question 21 hr Dawna 32
I'm loving this! Let's get work! Thu FromKentucky 16

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance