funny commercials

United States

#148 Dec 20, 2011
Yes
Zigzag

Nashville, TN

#149 Dec 26, 2011
I have posted a few times on this thread, everything that I said was fact-based and not bashing anyone, just dessiminating information gained based on my experiences on both sides of the desk. There are a few things that I'd like to add. 1) I agree with the poster who said that Mr. Bostick has handled himself very well on here. Obviously, he doesn't have a PR person or they would probably tell him to stay away from internet bashing as you will not win, but he has been very forthcoming, even on a few things that I called him out on and he explained that the industry has changed since I was in the business. 2) It is your money and it is your responsibility to take care of it. Carn. Kia pays the same price as every other Kia dealer in the nation for their new cars. There is not a lot of markup in one (you can find this out for yourself on the internet) and often the dealer uses the ADM to help people who are upside down get financing.(For the record, if you're upside down, drive your car and pay until you're not, if you trade cars while you're upside down, you're just going to make your situation worse) If one of Mr. Bostick's salespeople told you that, he might fire them. Why? Because there is about a 90% likelihood that you will go down the road and buy another car from someone else. 3) Since I originally posted on this thread, I've had the chance to put several hundred miles on a Kia company car. It's a few years old and has about 70K miles on it and while it is no Corolla, it is a pretty good little car. I drive about 85-90 on the interstate and it has never seemed stressed (I've actually had it up to 110 a few times). Driven it in brutal storms, snow and ice and even off road a few times. It is a very good car and that is not a tag that I use lightly. The new Optima has been compared in some reviews to BMW 5 series. For most car magazines, the 5 series is the standard by which all other cars are judged. Just to be mentioned in the same sentence is quite a compliment. 4) The automotive industry has gotten so competitive that they will not hesitate to pull a dealership if the CSI index is too low. Every dealership wants you to be satisfied. There is no such thing a "good deal" on a new car. You are paying interest on a depreciating asset. It's a good deal if you think it is. Everyone experiences some regret after spending that much money. 5) There is no such thing as "no haggle" pricing. If you have a trade in, that is a variable in the deal and there is going to be some haggling, if you're smart. 6) I too would buy a car from Mr. Bostick after reading his posts on here. Would I comparison shop? Of course I would, that's who I am. I don't fall in love with any car and I like to think about it overnight before I make a decision like that. Ultimately, the responsibility for your happiness with your car purchase is your own. Tennessee is not a very consumer friendly state so make a good decision. Note to Mr. Bostick: Please do away with the "corny" ad and the deer ad, I don't need to tell you why. Once, about 5 yrs. ago, I was canoeing with my son. It was very quiet and he turned to me and asked, "Daddy, do you have $169?" and I replied, "Yes I do son". He said, "And you have a job?" "Yes I do". "Daddy, you can buy a new are at Hickory Hollow Carnival Kia". That's effective advertising!!!
Gina

United States

#150 Dec 28, 2011
I have a 2000 Kia sportage (yeah I know but at the time it was all I could afford as I was a student and single mom) I must say 7 years later (bought used not from carnival Kia) and the only work we put in it was routine maintenance. It has over 220,000 miles!! Now my husband fears its about to jump time so he's.fixing it this weekend but its an hour repair and cheap (and expected at the mileage were at) he also owns an Infiniti when we met after we married and had a third child I needed a bigger car and his Infiniti was pretty much gone so I gave him the Kia he was not thrilled:( he talked about how quick he could sell it until he had to drive to work in the snow. His boss lives on a very hilly curvy road (behind the Kia dealership LOL) he came home and said that car handled better. Than most and it was the only car he wouldn't worry about ice with. He has been so impressed that when this one does go were headed to carnival Kia. BTW my oldest child has aspergers syndrome Mr Bostick has been very nice answering people's questions and I'm sure if a name was left out is was an accident because past commercials were cut and pasted. You look out a bit more for children with disabilities but really? I doubt the family goes anywhere without her or excludes her. To insinuate it is wrong. I don't have every single child with me 24/7 sometimes ones at lessons or with daddy or its my one on one time with that child. No one is being left out due to disability its just being a normal family. Quit imagining what's not there and throwing mud at them because they're successful
Chris Bostick

Smyrna, TN

#151 Dec 28, 2011
Gina wrote:
I have a 2000 Kia sportage (yeah I know but at the time it was all I could afford as I was a student and single mom) I must say 7 years later (bought used not from carnival Kia) and the only work we put in it was routine maintenance. It has over 220,000 miles!! Now my husband fears its about to jump time so he's.fixing it this weekend but its an hour repair and cheap (and expected at the mileage were at) he also owns an Infiniti when we met after we married and had a third child I needed a bigger car and his Infiniti was pretty much gone so I gave him the Kia he was not thrilled:( he talked about how quick he could sell it until he had to drive to work in the snow. His boss lives on a very hilly curvy road (behind the Kia dealership LOL) he came home and said that car handled better. Than most and it was the only car he wouldn't worry about ice with. He has been so impressed that when this one does go were headed to carnival Kia. BTW my oldest child has aspergers syndrome Mr Bostick has been very nice answering people's questions and I'm sure if a name was left out is was an accident because past commercials were cut and pasted. You look out a bit more for children with disabilities but really? I doubt the family goes anywhere without her or excludes her. To insinuate it is wrong. I don't have every single child with me 24/7 sometimes ones at lessons or with daddy or its my one on one time with that child. No one is being left out due to disability its just being a normal family. Quit imagining what's not there and throwing mud at them because they're successful
Thank you for your kind words. You are correct about the Christmas message being cut and paste from previous years. Bailey's name was at the very end of this years message and you had to be looking for it, that was only because of the way it was produced. I would never leave Bailey out of anything. She is an amazing person and the glue that keeps lives, hopes and dreams alive for everyone in our family. Hope your 2012 brings you peace and happiness.
Chris
Amused in Nashville

Saint Louis, MO

#152 Jan 7, 2012
Mr. Bostick,

While I realize this is not "your" forum, I was reading the posts and couldn't resist telling you about part of my day today. You see, I've been looking at cars today...and stopped at both your Rivergate AND Hickory Hollow locations.

First was Rivergate. Even though I told the salesman I haven't yet decided what I want (I'm looking at Nissan and Toyotas too)...he wanted me to come in and give him credit info prior to even looking at the cars. I wasn't asking him about financing...I was asking about Optimas. When I refused to come inside and "get this started," he basically told me "they're over there" and left me to look at the cars alone. LOL I looked at the cars a bit on my own, then left without seeing him again.

Later in the day, Hickory Hollow...a friend was with me this time as we were going out to dinner after. This time I got your "top salesman." Well, I got passed off to him...and very quickly, might add.

Your "top salesman" didn't even open up a single car for me to see inside. When we were discussing options, and I asked him to show me one of the cars with a sunroof....he pointed to the sunroof on the outside of the car, then showed me how I could see the interior part by peeping in the windows! I asked him how it works...and he described it while pointing at the car rather than showing me. Your "top salesman" did this.

Then he made mention of something inside another car, and instructed me to look in the window and showed me that by standing at a different angle, I could see it better! LOL!

That's right...your salesman "showed" me the cars by having me peep in the windows. I can do that when your dealership is not even open!

Then he started wanting to show me something cheaper than the Optima EX I'd asked to look at! I had not discussed price with him. I'm an educated person. I think I was dressed decently...though casually. Why would he assume I want "cheap?" I wasn't asking about cost at all... I was trying to see which car might be the one I want.

Quite frankly I wanted to see inside! But all this guy could do was stand outside the cars and go on and on about navigation systems (which I don't even want).

Mr. Bostick, I'm planning to buy a new car this month. I know I'm not a salesman's dream... I'm planning to pay cash...and I plan to only buy a car at a fair price...not going to overpay. I'm a person who does my homework.

But you know what? Even though I may not be the person you make the most profit off of, a sale is a sale...and a happy customer will likely send more customers. But in this case, instead, I'm telling people about your silly salesman having me peep in the windows.

Do you really want to have a potential customer just peep in the windows and leave? Those salesmen don't know anything about me. They do not know my job, my finances, or my credit score. But let's face it, whoever I am...I'm much more likely to buy a car that I've been shown the inside...and maybe even allowed to test drive!

At least I'll say this....stories of your salesmen provided some good laughs when we got to dinner! I'm still laughing about it and thinking "are they SERIOUS?"
Amused in Nashville

Saint Louis, MO

#153 Jan 7, 2012
And no, I'm not in Kansas City...just something weird with my IP.
Jim d

Hemet, CA

#155 Jan 11, 2012
Wow some people will say anything. As a former sales manager at this store I can say we never forced anything on anyone. As a matter of fact I would consider myself A customer advocate. As far as his commercials is states 149. Does not say that's your monthly payment. So as far as a business man he is one of the best. So in hind sight hey Chris call me I want my old job back j/k. Hope all is well. And wanted to thank you for everything. Jim D.
bld16655

United States

#156 Jan 20, 2012
Don't get fooled by the lie they can spin, cause they really can shovel it out to the people. Don't belive the part where they say don't you leave till you see me. Don't see him or anybody there.I didn't see chris any where around either. I did fall for it. I now pay 14% interest for a 2009 sportage,till they got done with us. RUN & never look back never....
Chris Bostick

Fort Worth, TX

#157 Jan 21, 2012
bld16655 wrote:
Don't get fooled by the lie they can spin, cause they really can shovel it out to the people. Don't belive the part where they say don't you leave till you see me. Don't see him or anybody there.I didn't see chris any where around either. I did fall for it. I now pay 14% interest for a 2009 sportage,till they got done with us. RUN & never look back never....
I am very sorry you seem upset. I wish you had asked to see me while you were there. Fact is that we do not set your intrest rate. The bank really doesn't set your rate either, with all the fair lending laws that have been put into place in the last few years, YOU set your rate by YOUR previous credit history. You were given a sheet of paper that showed you what your score was and where you fell in the credit scoring system. It's called "risk based pricing". Please do ask for me when you are in for your first oil change. If I'm at one of the other stores, have them call me. I want to pay for your first oil change.
Chris
Paul

Hendersonville, TN

#158 Jan 21, 2012
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just watched Chris buy a car at Barrett Jackson. It was almost as beautiful as his wife. He's a very blessed man, and won't get any of the hating from me. I can only hope to, one day, be as accomplished as Chris.
Chris Bostick

Fort Worth, TX

#159 Jan 22, 2012
Paul wrote:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just watched Chris buy a car at Barrett Jackson. It was almost as beautiful as his wife. He's a very blessed man, and won't get any of the hating from me. I can only hope to, one day, be as accomplished as Chris.
Thank you for the kind words. It is a 68 Pontiac that I purchased at the auction. My father was a Pontiac dealer years ago and that car reminds me of fond childhood memories. Blessings
Chris
Paul

Hendersonville, TN

#160 Jan 22, 2012
Congratulations on the beautiful red bird. The custom work was done beautifully, especially the Camaro front end. Definitely a wonderful addition to any collection.
Ryan

Goodlettsville, TN

#165 Jan 23, 2012
I knew that was you guys I saw on Barrett-Jackson the other day. I was watching tv with my roommate, and we just looked at each other and we said is that the kia guy? and sure enough with a close up it was. Awesome car too. Being a camaro guy myself, I have to say that's the best looking Firebird going.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#166 Jan 23, 2012
Ryan wrote:
I knew that was you guys I saw on Barrett-Jackson the other day. I was watching tv with my roommate, and we just looked at each other and we said is that the kia guy? and sure enough with a close up it was. Awesome car too. Being a camaro guy myself, I have to say that's the best looking Firebird going.
Thanks Ryan, I very excited to get it back to Nashville and enjoy it a little this summer. My father was a Pontiac dealer way back in the day so I am sure it will bring back some fond memories. I know Dessie will enjoy driving it too as Kia doesn't yet have a convertible.

Many blessings to you and your family.

Chris
hand girl

Mount Juliet, TN

#167 Jan 24, 2012
Carnival Kia is holding 4 Enterprize rental cars for payment on 1 car. This is how sorry Bostick is. Plus Bostick demand payment in full and we have an account.
Paul

United States

#168 Jan 24, 2012
Enterprize? Do you mean EnterpriSe? Are you saying that Enterprise can't afford to make their payments? You'd think a company like Enterprise would have enough money on hand to pay cash, instead of making payments.
Dessie Bostick

Franklin, TN

#169 Jan 24, 2012
Travis wrote:
Thank you Chris Bostick for taking care of my situation. And thank you Kia for My great new SOUL which i love to drive, now to look into getting some accessory's.
Carnival Kia Rules ........Dont listen to the few naysayers here.....SOME PEOPLE YOU JUST CANT PLEASE....
Hi Travis, i just happen to own an auto aftermarket accessory company, Plated Gold, Inc. I have all kinds of accessories for your Soul, just call any one of the dealerships and they can pass your contact info onto me.
Blessings,
Dessie
Danielle Morales

Hendersonville, TN

#171 Jan 26, 2012
I came on here to go some research and get some opinions on this dealership. I'm appalled in the way some people have used this website. It has turned into a personal attack more then a informational website on the dealership as a buisness. To talk about a man's family like that is so very low and not fair to the children who can't defend themselves. I have two boys and would be tracking down the a-holes who dared speak of my kids like that. That's my first problem with all if this. Second- some people on here obviously don't know how sales in general work, of COURSE the dealership makes money, it's a buisness. Duh..enough said.
My husband and i plan to make the drive out to this dealershop within the next few weeks. I hope we find a vehicle we love, with what we decided to spend monthly, and have no regrets. I have heard a lot of good things about this dealer and I hope to get the same straight forward buisness my friends have gotten. If not, it's too easy to turn around and walk out...which brings me to my third complaint about people on here.**** You dummies signed a contract. A contract that was explained to you (and if not explained, its in paper, right in front of you) and you knew exactly what yours interest rate and monthly payments was before you signed. Lets say that again, you knew all the facts BEFORE..YOU..SIGNED. If the numbers don't look right, take out that calculator and add it up BEFORE YOU SIGN. It's your money and you have every right and an obligation to yourself to check exactly where your money is going. You honestly can't get mad AFTER the contract is signed. If it seems fishy to you, walk out, get over it, try again at another dealership. If you're not in a real hurry to buy a car, this shouldnt be a big deal and you can take it as a learning experience. So many people on here are blaming the "Kia guy" for their own stupidity.
service boss

Mount Juliet, TN

#172 Jan 26, 2012
I am a service repair boss on over 2300 cars at the airport.
Walk into the customer service area and question the people waiting how many weeks they wait on KIA parts.
Idiots no savant

Nashville, TN

#173 Jan 27, 2012
Danielle Morales wrote:
If you're not in a real hurry to buy a car, this shouldnt be a big deal and you can take it as a learning experience. So many people on here are blaming the "Kia guy" for their own stupidity.
That is pretty good advice Danielle and you are correct about the personal attacks. Mr. Bostick and his beautiful wife appear in the TV commercials, so they have exposed themselves to a certain amount of scorn/derision/whatever, but leave the kids alone. You're also correct about buying a car. Do research before you ever set foot in a dealership. Know what your car is worth, know what their car is worth, know what your credit score is. Know what you need in a car (not what you want), get the best deal possible and then, walk away. Not to another dealership, as that will just complicate matters. Go home. Look at the numbers. Is that still going to be a reasonable amount to pay each month in six months when the car is no longer new, let alone 60 months? Factor in all costs. I can't tell you how many kids I put in high performance cars who came back in six months with 10 speeding tickets and unaffordable insurance. Is this car going to save you money on gas or add to your monthly expense? Make it a business decision, not an emotional one. That's what it is for Mr. Bostick's sales team and that's what it should be for you. And you are correct: It is ok for the dealership to make money. That's the only way they will stay in business to provide service on your new car, but you don't need to send anyone's kids to Harvard on your deal. Think, use common sense and walk away. The sales people do this everyday, you do it once every 4 or 5 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie or Bree 46 min no question 7
U.S.Economy grew Just 0.7 % the Lowest in 3 years 1 hr johnbgood 1
Lorrie Morgan 2 hr Stagged 19
BNA Kids 13 hr curious 2
secret confessions 14 hr dgccgh 74
News Knoxville tops list of high gas prices in Tenne... 19 hr South Knox Hombre 5
Missing Person; Jessica Smith 20 hr mcneely 1

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages