Worth It

Nashville, TN

#80 Mar 29, 2011
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
How long are you going to do this. I was with Joe.
Do what? I just wondered why you were in a "losers" bar. I don't know Joe from Adam.
Coffman

Smyrna, TN

#81 Jul 20, 2011
Chris and Dessie Bostick recently fulfilled a dream of one of my dying relatives. Chris and Dessie never met the dying 19 year old before, but welcomed him and his family into their lives to fulfill one of his final wishes. The boy was delighted by what Chris and Dessie had to offer. The Amos, Spradley, Pirtle, and Coffman family will forever be grateful to the Bosticks.

Business is business. If youíre buying, you must come to the table informed. Donít character assassinate Chris and his wife Dessie because they are truly profound people. God bless them.
hmm

Australia

#82 Jul 20, 2011
oh really?
Irony

Nashville, TN

#83 Jul 20, 2011
Coffman wrote:
Chris and Dessie Bostick recently fulfilled a dream of one of my dying relatives. Chris and Dessie never met the dying 19 year old before, but welcomed him and his family into their lives to fulfill one of his final wishes. The boy was delighted by what Chris and Dessie had to offer. The Amos, Spradley, Pirtle, and Coffman family will forever be grateful to the Bosticks.
Business is business. If youíre buying, you must come to the table informed. Donít character assassinate Chris and his wife Dessie because they are truly profound people. God bless them.
If you "must come to the table informed", you are saying that you cannot trust the people that you are doing business with. How is it character assassination to say that you would rather not do business people who will screw you if you let your guard down? Whatever they did for your dying relative, just remember, they probably screwed a few "uninformed" people to the wall to make that money.
Fredrick

Jasper, GA

#84 Aug 1, 2011
I think the catch on the $149.00 down and $149.00 a month is. 1. Must have excellent credit 2. Pay all taxes and fees plus the $149.00 down upfront. Face it most people that see the $149.00 down and $149.00 a month have less than desirable credit. Once they are at the dealership and are told this the salesman then offers the alternate financing which drives the payment up double. Unfortunately most people will go ahead with the deal rather saying no thanks and walk out. Most any car deal has hidden restrictions that are not advised in advance and you only learn once they have you sold. It is just the nature of the business. One of the reasons car salesman are rated as one of the most unethical professions. Look for low mileage used cars and check the Carfax closely and compare the market price as to what is being asked to lessen your chances of taken a beating on your next car. Low mileage used cars have already had a major depreciation absorb by the previous owner. Good luck and NEVER trust a car salesman !
Keith

Jasper, GA

#85 Aug 1, 2011
Coffman wrote:
I am very much aware of what the Coffman family is speaking about here and can assure you it is absolutely the truth. I witness and know exactly what the Bostic's did from the kindness of their heart to assist in this young mans dying wish. I have casually known the Bostic's for about 5 years and have seen them on numerous occasions
work to benefit for those in need especially for kids. I do not drive a KIA nor do I ever intend on buying one but I do respect what I have seen them do outside of their business.
Pink Elephant

Michigan City, IN

#86 Aug 1, 2011
kaylee wrote:
man! I have always wanted a kia rio and finally got me a job..not a high paying one but still...was hoping to finally get me one but now doesnt look like it is going to happen :(
Kaylee......go to University Motors on Charolette Pk in Nashville, they will put you in a vehicle of your choice and they will get you financed, help you establish CREDIT, plus they sell very good low milage vehicles.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#87 Aug 2, 2011
Pink Elephant wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaylee......go to University Motors on Charolette Pk in Nashville, they will put you in a vehicle of your choice and they will get you financed, help you establish CREDIT, plus they sell very good low milage vehicles.
Or you could come to a new car dealership and deal directly with me "the owner" should you ever need any help with your car, I and the dealership will still be there to take care of you. I am part of a larger group than most people know about. Our group has a total of 28 new car dealerships here in the U.S. as well as 5 Ford dealerships in China. 13 of our dealerships are Kia, which makes us the largest volume Kia retailer in the U. S.

Everyone is welcome to make their own decisions about what to buy and from whom. It saddens me to see that others feel the need to say bad things about me, or unkind things abouty family. We are truly good people and I invite you to come meet us in person before you post something that is cruel or untrue. We have feelings and unkind words said about us sting just as much as if someone was talking behind your back.

Bless you all. Chris Bostick
TheTruth

Cookeville, TN

#88 Aug 3, 2011
I don't trust anybody when comes to money. You know what the saying is never trust Real estate agents and car sales agents. Shame is their is no honest people left in the sales world.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#89 Aug 4, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
I don't trust anybody when comes to money. You know what the saying is never trust Real estate agents and car sales agents. Shame is their is no honest people left in the sales world.
Very sorry you feel that way. I am very slow to ever include "every" and "never" when I talk about a group of people. Because one leader of a church abused a small child, does not make "every" church leader a child abuser, if one judge take money under the table to sway his verdict in a case, that doesn't make "every" judge dishonest. It is true that there are good, and bad, people in every profession. Thank God that Jesus died on the Cross to forgive "ALL" of us. Because when you or I want to talk bad about someone, or some group of people, it's a really good idea to take a look in the mirror and realize just how perfect we are not.

Chris
TheTruth

Cookeville, TN

#90 Aug 4, 2011
The only person you can trust when it comes to buying a used vehicle is from a homeowner. New dealerships or used car lots must make a big profit. New dealers must make at least 5,000 on a vehicle or they wouldn't sale.
Irony

Nashville, TN

#91 Aug 6, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
The only person you can trust when it comes to buying a used vehicle is from a homeowner. New dealerships or used car lots must make a big profit. New dealers must make at least 5,000 on a vehicle or they wouldn't sale.
First, I would like to say that I think that it's very courageous for Mr. Bostick to come on here and defend himself. I disagree with your advertising practices because I feel that they attempt to lure the most uneducated buyers into your dealerships. I have seen you out in public and you have always seemed like a very nice person. Years ago, when I was in new car sales, I knew people just like you. People want you to like them, they want to buy their car from you, they believe everything you say. That is a gift and you have obviously done very well with it. The statements on here about your good deeds seem to speak well of you. Kia has made amazing strides in quality over the last few years and now has one of the best lineups from top to bottom. There is simply no need to continue marketing to the most gullible. You have the ability to change things in the car business. "Because it's always been done that way" is no excuse. Use your powers for good Mr. Bostick. It's ok to make money in the car business. It's even ok to make enough money to drive a Ferrari, but make sure that you are treating your customers like you would want your mother to be treated.

As to the post above, that is simply not true. New car dealers rarely make any profit on new cars. For many dealerships,(especially American cars), the dealership exists to bring in used cars as that is where the profit is made (that and service). If you are a careful shopper, the dealer is going to make a few hundred on the new car,$1500-2000 on your used car when they sell it. If you don't buy aftermarket products which have very high markups (ext. warranty, paint protection) and you get your financing elsewhere, that is the extent of the profit for the dealership. You are just as likely to be ripped off by a private party as a dealership. Most dealerships have inspected cars, fixed items that need to be fixed and updated the service.
Really

Murfreesboro, TN

#92 Aug 6, 2011
Its horrible... they told us in madison that the new kia optima was 26000 but when we got there it was 40000 then for the kia forte after taxes and all it was 19000 but tell me how 460 a month for 6yrs equals 19000??? NEVER GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Bostick

United States

#93 Aug 6, 2011
Really wrote:
Its horrible... they told us in madison that the new kia optima was 26000 but when we got there it was 40000 then for the kia forte after taxes and all it was 19000 but tell me how 460 a month for 6yrs equals 19000??? NEVER GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!
come on, everybody knows that the price of the car has only one factor to do with monthly payments. We sell the car. I am NOT a bank. If you are making payments, the monthly payments includes the intrest that the BANK charges in addition to almost 10% tax the the STATE charges (and the dealer keeps zero) plus tag and title With all the banking laws and truth in lending laws, intrest rates are set by YOU the customer (based on your credit) the other thing that people make such a mistake about is how to figure the dollars that intrest rate calculates to. For simple example, is your loan amount is $10,000 and your rate is 10% and the TERM of the loan is 6 years. Your intrest paid "to the bank" is not $1,000 (which is 10% of $10,000) the rate is calculated on the unpaid balance of the loan amount. In that expample, you will havenpaid THOUSANDS of dollars by the time you pay off the loan. Should you have really bad credit and the BANK sets your rate at some crazy high amount (because of the risk based on YOUR credit) the total amount of the payments can and will be as much,or more, than the price of the car.

I truly in my heart of heart wish our customers could pay cash for their car. We, my dealership, make the same amount on the sale price of the car AND you, the customer, wouldn't have to pay all that money, TO THE BANK, in intrest. Do you know how much sooner you would be able to come back into one of my dealerships and trade the first car you bought for another!!!

Kia has come a long way and I have started advertising the benefits and quality of the car more than I did 6 years ago when I moved my family to Nashville. I live here in this "big, little town" we call Nashville. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I enjoy going out in our wonderful city with my wife and kids and never will I do something or treat someone in s way that would make mennot want to be recognized we we are out. What you see is what you get, I don't care what someone does for a living or how much money they do or do not have, if you approach me I will treat everyone the same. I promise there is not a level of life that I can't relate to. In 1984 I was a salesperson in Fort Lauderdale FL (living in a 14 foot high cube moving van) working for a dealer, that I had no relation to, and have been working hard to support my wife and family ever since. More than anything, when my children are out in public or at their "public" school they attend, I never never want them to be ashamed of who they are or who their father is.

I wish the best to everyone. If you have a dream, live like you have already achieved it (you will start to do things just by accident to make your dream come true). If you don't have a dream, start believing in yourself and reach for the sky. We were all created by God and he loves all of us the same (just as I love all my children the same).

I'll jump off my soap box now.

Blessings,
Chris Bostick
Irony

Nashville, TN

#94 Aug 6, 2011
Chris Bostick wrote:
<quoted text> come on, everybody knows that the price of the car has only one factor to do with monthly payments. We sell the car. I am NOT a bank. If you are making payments, the monthly payments includes the intrest that the BANK charges in addition to almost 10% tax the the STATE charges (and the dealer keeps zero) plus tag and title With all the banking laws and truth in lending laws, intrest rates are set by YOU the customer (based on your credit) the other thing that people make such a mistake about is how to figure the dollars that intrest rate calculates to. For simple example, is your loan amount is $10,000 and your rate is 10% and the TERM of the loan is 6 years. Your intrest paid "to the bank" is not $1,000 (which is 10% of $10,000) the rate is calculated on the unpaid balance of the loan amount. In that expample, you will havenpaid THOUSANDS of dollars by the time you pay off the loan. Should you have really bad credit and the BANK sets your rate at some crazy high amount (because of the risk based on YOUR credit) the total amount of the payments can and will be as much,or more, than the price of the car.
Blessings,
Chris Bostick
First, let me say that I believe all that you said about your family. I've seen you in public in bars and out with your sons and my impression of you was just what you stated, that you would talk to anyone and not judge anyone. However, Mr. Bostick, while about 80% of what you said above is true, certainly you are not stating that your dealership makes no money on the car loans that you sell? Typically, that's about 1-3% of the loan amount and one of the highest profit areas in a car dealership. In fact, the F&I people in the new car dealerships where I worked (sometimes called "business manager") were usually the highest paid people in the dealership, making even more money than the new car sales manager. They get paid on the "spread" (the difference between the rate the bank quoted them and whatever they tell you that rate was), extended warranties, credit life, gap insurance and anything else they can tack on the loan.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#95 Aug 6, 2011
Irony,

It must have been some time since you worked ar a dealership. It is possible for the dealership to make 70% of up to 2 points of spread on a loan. Same as when you obtain a home mortgage. The finance department is no longer the huge profit center that they once were. I do not even offer credit insurance (life/accident and health) glass etch, tire/wheel warranty etc. If it is not something I would feel food about selling to my mother, I am not going to even offer it to anybody. Please stop by the dealership sometime, I'll buy you a cup of coffee. I believe I would enjoy having a conversation.

Sincerely,
Chris
Chris Bostick

United States

#100 Aug 9, 2011
Albert Collins wrote:
Would you consider taking a mint 1974 dune buggy as a trade on one of your fine Kia automobiles?
I wl trade for anything :-)
Irony

Nashville, TN

#101 Aug 10, 2011
Chris Bostick wrote:
Irony,
It must have been some time since you worked ar a dealership. It is possible for the dealership to make 70% of up to 2 points of spread on a loan. Same as when you obtain a home mortgage. The finance department is no longer the huge profit center that they once were. I do not even offer credit insurance (life/accident and health) glass etch, tire/wheel warranty etc. If it is not something I would feel food about selling to my mother, I am not going to even offer it to anybody. Please stop by the dealership sometime, I'll buy you a cup of coffee. I believe I would enjoy having a conversation.
Sincerely,
Chris
It has been some time, but I still stick a toe in the water from time to time. I may take you up on that offer, I believe that I would enjoy it as well.
Chris Bostick

Franklin, TN

#102 Aug 10, 2011
Irony wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been some time, but I still stick a toe in the water from time to time. I may take you up on that offer, I believe that I would enjoy it as well.
Sounds great :-)
Mark

Franklin, TN

#103 Aug 13, 2011
Really wrote:
SERIOUSLLY....
That's a bit far fetched, don't-cha think?
$40,000 for an OPTIMA? Please!!

This post smells like a lie.
(You can buy a new Corvette for less.) Yes?/ NO??/ Maybe??

As far as your $19,000 example goes:

$460.00 / month for 6 yrs = "INTEREST ON A LONG LOAN." (And by having horrible credit to boot).

How do banks make money? INTEREST earned on money LOANED.
You borrow, you pay back WITH INTEREST.
It's pretty simple actually.

Yeah it sucks when you're in the same boat lots people end up in.... but thats life in the crap lane.
I DO know from experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protestors on I24 21 min frustrated 1
all aboard the looting train 50 min dire straits 1
Christmas party 51 min Man 4
Do you know her? Trying to find my sister! 2 hr SR n 16
Double E Music Promotions Perry Edge Booneville Ms 2 hr excuse ms 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 2 hr woody 1,794
Tonight at 6: Perry March Answers THe Hard Ques... (Nov '08) 22 hr limpone 17
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville People Search