Kia and Hyundai Owner

Old Hickory, TN

#55 Oct 10, 2010
I have had a Kia Optima since 2001 and a Hyundai Santa Fe since 2008.

Both have been extremely reliable and pleasurable vehicles.
I put a lot of miles on the Optima, over 180k at this point and plan to drive it to at least 250k. Outside of normal maintenance, I have only had to replace a motor mount $600.00 that wore down.

Both companies are owned by the same Korean family, Santa Fe is assembled near Montgomery Al. and now Kia has an assembly plant in Ga.

I purchased my Kia in Alabama and my Santa Fe in Tennessee.
It sounds like most of the issues being discussed here are marketing and dealer related.
As with all new purchases, do your research, take your time, go visit dealerships with the intention not to purchase but to examine and test drive;
visit several, compile your information and never purchase on the first visit. Always take everything home and review/examine the material.

If you are purchasing a used vehicle, verify the VIN and do the research, also request to have the vehicle examined by a 3rd party before final purchase or within the first 30 days with a clause to return.

Never take marketing of any sorts at face value.
I am not as familiar with this particular dealership, but I have seen the adds. If I was in the market, I would visit and examine, but of my own accord not due to the lure of the commercial.

Vehicle purchases should take some time for they are an investment... not in money -initially-due to devaluation, but in time... Over the period of ownership a bad vehicle will cost you significant time and unanticipated expense.

Also, review the lemon laws before any new purchase..

Thoughtfully,
just askin for a friend

AOL

#56 Oct 26, 2010
Ding Dong wrote:
I was just in a local Nipper's Corner dive bar and who should be in there? In the company of a young lady who was not "Dessie"? Yep, Mr. "Don't you leave until you see me" himself. So, as I was leaving, I thought, I'm going to cruise through the parking lot and see what kind of Kia that buttclown drives. Just about that time I see a brand new red Ferrari convertible pull out and I thought, surely not a Ferrari for a Kia dealer, but I pulled up behind it and it had "KIA-1" on the license plate. See what a job and $149 will get you? Oh, BTW, that dude looks anciently old without any makeup on.
could you give a few more details about who he was with and such.
Late Night Show

Nashville, TN

#58 Oct 26, 2010
just askin for a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
any details to back up this claim?
I saw that guy at marathons a couple of months ago, the dude he was with made an ugly guy. It would be hard to mistake it for a her. He seemed cool he got us all at the bar a drink he is smaller and older than he looks on tv just saying
Looking For Redemption

Nashville, TN

#59 Nov 8, 2010
Chris Bostick and the whole KIA program is a rip off...Christian my (_y_) He is nothing more than just another freaky little hypocrite looking to make money off of people using religion as his backdrop..what a loser.
FrequentRenter

Nashville, TN

#60 Nov 23, 2010
I just got substituted (against my will) with a Kia Sorento for a Ford Escape as a rental car. I have to say - I was blown away with the quality and its handling. The krappy kias have come a LONG way, I must say.
Common sense----

Clarksville, TN

#61 Dec 25, 2010
will tell you the $149/mo is a gimmick. Get out a calculator and see how long it takes at $149/mo to pay off the car. That right there will tell you that walking out with a new car and a payment of only $149/mo is a gimmick to get people in the door. Come on people - use your noggin.
Bottle Rocket

Nashville, TN

#62 Dec 26, 2010
Looks like Dessie got a nice present for Christmas. Her front end got re-aligned, a lift-kit and some big, inflatable tires, so to speak.
LMAO

Nashville, TN

#63 Dec 28, 2010
Bottle Rocket wrote:
Looks like Dessie got a nice present for Christmas. Her front end got re-aligned, a lift-kit and some big, inflatable tires, so to speak.
Yeah, because, "Jesus told me to!"

LMAO! What hypocrites! They preach to the cameras every Christmas thinking they are fooling the masses while she shows up looking like a cheap "8th Avenue" worker with a horrible 8oob job! I don't trust these idiots any further than I could throw them...well throw her anyway. He looks like you could throw him a quarter mile at least...little elf.
Sing Sing

Nashville, TN

#64 Dec 28, 2010
just askin for a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
could you give a few more details about who he was with and such.
IIRC, he was on the dance floor with a fairly unattractive "girl" most of the time. He came up to the bar and got a pitcher of beer, seemed to be very nice to all the people around him. He had on what looked like an English Laundry shirt, some kind of expensive jeans and some of those pointy shoes that make a little guy look even more elfish. I couldn't tell who was with him when he left in the Ferrari, but someone was. That's all that I remember.
peoplearemature

Franklin, TN

#65 Jan 4, 2011
she definitely did not get a boob job, so...
Sing Sing

Nashville, TN

#66 Jan 4, 2011
peoplearemature wrote:
she definitely did not get a boob job, so...
How can say that? I don't care if she got one or not, but if you look at some of the old commercials vs. the current ones, she looks like someone put a couple of Cadillac airbags in her blouse.
Ihaveeyes

Mount Juliet, TN

#67 Jan 8, 2011
Your right, it was the first thing I noticed. I thought, "wow, this woman is all grown up".
Sad

United States

#68 Jan 8, 2011
Some of you people are just plain nuts. Blame them because they couldn't get you financed. It's your fault for having bad credit. When you buy a used car from anyone or anywhere things can happen. Eventually a new car isn't new anymore and stuff happens. Problem with us today is everyone wants to blame somebody else. The Bosticks are really good people.
zybeck

Murfreesboro, TN

#69 Jan 12, 2011
Went to Hickory Hollow Kia last year, was drawn in by that "have a job and $149 scam". Told them all about our credit and replied "No problem". The salesman ran our credit rteport and camr back literally laughing. His reply, "You seriously want to buy a car with this credit?" We left embarresed and humiliated. We'll never return and urge others not to do so!
Bottle Rocket

Nashville, TN

#70 Jan 12, 2011
zybeck wrote:
Went to Hickory Hollow Kia last year, was drawn in by that "have a job and $149 scam". Told them all about our credit and replied "No problem". The salesman ran our credit rteport and camr back literally laughing. His reply, "You seriously want to buy a car with this credit?" We left embarresed and humiliated. We'll never return and urge others not to do so!
I grew up on a used car lot and sold new cars for a while when I got out of college. I have never heard of anyone treated that way and if it happened to me, I would have seriously considered kicking the sh*t out of the salesdork. What an a$$hole. Evidently no told him that people with bad credit can come up with co-signers, money down, or just improve their credit on down the road and they have friends and relatives who buy cars. Car sales (or any other sales for that matter) is not about the car, it's about people. You should treat everyone who walks on that lot like they are your girlfriend's parents and they just won the lottery.
LMAO

Nashville, TN

#71 Jan 19, 2011
Most of you sound like you should be car shopping on Nolensville Rd. not at a new car dealership.
Keith

Brentwood, TN

#75 Mar 5, 2011
Dear Mr. Bostick, SHAME on you for all the lies and underhanded practices you employ to sell cars. I stopped in at Carnival KIA yesterday and saw that EVERY car has a sticker on it adding $2,495 to the MSRP. This amount was entitled AMV (Assessed Market Value), one of your salesmen explained that this was added because the cars were really worth the extra money. I burst out laughing at this blatant attempt at daylight robbery.
By the way how do you know that Jesus was not in fact JESUS, you bible bashers amaze me when you assume that someone named Jesus is NOT in fact the real thing. Maybe this was the real Jesus who is trying to tell you to be HONEST.
Hot Walker

Nashville, TN

#77 Mar 27, 2011
Bottle Rocket wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting perspective. If that's true, I wonder who's taking care of his homework?
I enjoyed a lengthy conversation with Chris. There was NOTHING about him to make me feel he was gay. In fact, quite the opposite. There were numerous woman, and men, that came up to him thru the course of the evening because they recognized him as the "Kia" guy and he would buy them a drink. He was polite and engaging to all of them. Marathons is a "losers" bar anyway and sometimes people like him just need a getaway spot to go and have a beer, even if it's a dive like Marathons. So what if he went there to hide. I'm just sayin'.
Worth It

Nashville, TN

#78 Mar 28, 2011
Hot Walker wrote:
<quoted text> I enjoyed a lengthy conversation with Chris. There was NOTHING about him to make me feel he was gay. In fact, quite the opposite. There were numerous woman, and men, that came up to him thru the course of the evening because they recognized him as the "Kia" guy and he would buy them a drink. He was polite and engaging to all of them. Marathons is a "losers" bar anyway and sometimes people like him just need a getaway spot to go and have a beer, even if it's a dive like Marathons. So what if he went there to hide. I'm just sayin'.
What were you doing there?
Chris

Nashville, TN

#79 Mar 29, 2011
Worth It wrote:
<quoted text>
What were you doing there?
How long are you going to do this. I was with Joe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 37 min cpeter1313 1,817
warning ebloa is spreading!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 hr fk off 11
Glory-holes (Nov '12) 4 hr thomas 13
Tennessee Football 10 hr Go vols 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 14 hr ghandi 1,693
Adam Hill 17 hr Beware 9
Do you know her? Trying to find my sister! 23 hr sRN 4
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville Jobs