First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Trying to be informed

Alliance, OH

#1 Mar 8, 2009
I am starting to be in the market to purchase a car. This KIA dealershio Carnival Kia, advertises that thier new cars are 40% off, and if you have $149,00 and a job, that they can sell you a car. Is this for real?

Before I drive a hour and a half, can anyone tell me about this?
lakerfan

Nashville, TN

#2 Mar 8, 2009
Trying to be informed wrote:
I am starting to be in the market to purchase a car. This KIA dealershio Carnival Kia, advertises that thier new cars are 40% off, and if you have $149,00 and a job, that they can sell you a car. Is this for real?
He has now changed his advertising line to "with our bank's credit" and $149 and a job. I'm not saying it's a bad place but that offer seems too good to be true. The same guy owns Planet Kia up in the Rivergate area in case you're interested in a shorter drive.

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 8, 2009
Call and ask them at what interest rate and for how long?
lmao

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 8, 2009
You also have to have worked at your job for more than X amount of years.
Trying to be Informed

Alliance, OH

#5 Mar 11, 2009
But are they Fair and honest to do business with. Now they say everything is 40% off thier regular selling price. How can they do this? No one else can, or will

Since: May 08

Chapmansboro, TN

#6 Mar 11, 2009
In my opinion - that is just their way of advertising to get you in the door. Do some research before you go. Check NADA on the value of the cars they are selling so you know if you are getting any kind of deal. If they still have new 2008 models to sell, they may very well be giving big discounts... but research is the best thing to do. Also check Edmunds.com . There is a lot of useful information there that will help you.
what a joke

Franklin, TN

#7 Mar 24, 2009
first of all there original selling price is not msrp it is inflated by 1495 dollar "bumb" sticker and the add says up to 40 percent off it is a ploy to get you in the door i promise
Peggy

Smyrna, TN

#8 Mar 26, 2009
Last March, less than a year ago, we bought a 2004 Kia Sodona, with the extended warranty. We had to take it back for oil in less than 2 months. They topped off the oil and said it was normal for it to burn oil. It kept using oil so we just kept adding oil. After another few months we took it in for an oil change and complained again about the oil usage, they changed the oil and said nothing was wrong with the van. After another couple months we took the van in again. We got the oil changed and again told them the van was using oil. They agreed to do a consumption test. By the time the van got back to them (in less than 1500 miles) there was no oil left on the dipstick. The dealership called after they had the van for three days (while we exist on one vehicle) and said they found the leak (which they spent a year and four visits saying was not leaking). Now they want $750 to clean out "sludging" inside the motor. We have tried to explain to them that it has not held enough oil (due to us constantly adding oil) to sludge on us and this was obviously a problem the car had when they sold it to us. I have been trying to reach Mr. Bostic at the dealership all day to try to work this out but he has failed to return any calls. I left messages at two dealerships and his cell phone. The service manager will only tell us the warranty does not cover slugging and we will have to pay. They said they did an inspection before we got the car, but they didnít find the leak or the sludging. It took them four visits to find the leak that we told them about within two months of buying the vehicle. The dealership was quick to point out that ALL used vehicles bought in Tennessee are AS IS purchases. How nice they have an easy way out.
Mike

AOL

#9 Mar 27, 2009
I stoped by the dealer in Madison tonight and talked with the sales Manager he said it was up to 40% off and on some 2008 models only! it's a come on to get you in the door
It's a rip off good luck!!!!
beachcares

Saltville, VA

#10 Apr 27, 2009
Wish I had read this site before I got the KIA...They took me for a ride for sure. The commerical says 40% off new cars but when I asked why I did not get any discount they said he said "up to"...well I got nothing off mine and they will not do anything. I am going to end up paying 30k for a KIA...I could have had any other car and stuck with a KIA now for 6 yrs. They are rip offs and now I have 6 years to pay for this. I thought I had checked everything out but I did not see this site and hope someone reads our post before ever going to Hickory Hollow KIA!
Bob- West Tn

Camden, TN

#11 Dec 13, 2009
Thanks evryone for your post's. I was going to Nashville to look at one of their KIA's that are now being advertised on TV. They are saying $10,000 cash plus your trade in value. Well I was sure that there was a catch to this and after reading your comments I am sure I want nothing to do with them. Thanks for not only saving me a trip but maybe a lot of money. I want be buying a KIA now.
Mark

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Dec 15, 2009
And ... Another one bites the dust.
rise out

Antioch, TN

#14 Jan 11, 2010
you all are loosers and dont know what you want in life . you wanna buy cheap car thats why you are looking into kia`s. let me tell you something, those days are over. kia is the best vehicle that I have owned my friends. thats wright, best vehicle for money. now if you are going to sit here and say all this stupid stuff fine but do your research toyota honda gm and rest of them bad reputation lot of recalls kia and hyundai zero...
kaylee

Springfield, TN

#17 Jan 28, 2010
man! I have always wanted a kia rio and finally got me a job..not a high paying one but still...was hoping to finally get me one but now doesnt look like it is going to happen :(
Jav

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Feb 16, 2010
February 13, 2010 went to Carnival Kia. From seing the $149 and a job commercial so much. In a short summary since can't post much was told that they had NO bank can finance no matter what. Was told something in the credit report. When requested and read it there was nothing there.
Shows they don't deal with any banks that do special financing, high risk, or bankruptcy as they advertise and was told over the phone before going there.
I contact the owner Chris Bostick via e-mail and he told me that is only with approved credit. In conclusion told him that the TV commercial is a lie and everything in general since seems no one gets approved and they dont want to make any sales and only some sort of a gimmick to get people there.
I can not post my experience with more details since over the 4000 characters allowed.
Chris Bostick

United States

#19 Mar 12, 2010
Jesus wrote:
Avoid that dealership at all costs! They sacrilegiously use my name to advertise their slimy business. My dad (and by, "my dad", I mean me) says that when that creepy, cheesy, huckster, that uses religion to sell cars to his/my/our gullible followers, kicks the bucket he'll be spending the rest of forever in a very bad place. Amen.
Shame on you for using our Lord's name.
Jav

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Mar 13, 2010
Don' waste your time with them. They TV advertisement is not true and is just a "gimick" to get you in the door. Also if you dont' have perfect credit and enough down payment they won't approve you to get a car. Try a different dealership and most important of all, stay away from Kia cars. Speaking about very bad experience that had with a Kia which after lots of hassles and headaches was lemon law and won at an arbitration hearing.
Trying to be informed wrote:
Jav

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Mar 13, 2010
Correct. Unfortunally the $149 and a job is a lie. Go to a different dealership. I recommend you any buy pay here that does lot financing. Just make sure you check any car on those lots through out and take your time. You can also try Drivetime - they have nice cars and they also help you re-establish credit. Their cars also give you warranty and other perks with the purchase. Good luck !
kaylee wrote:
man! I have always wanted a kia rio and finally got me a job..not a high paying one but still...was hoping to finally get me one but now doesnt look like it is going to happen :(
Jav

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Mar 13, 2010
The truth is that this days no car is perfect and they ALL have their problems. Even though some have not been advertised to the public yet. They don't make good cars like they did on the old days. Also any other car is better than a Kia.

KIA = Kick In the Ass !

Speaking from experience after having lots of problem with one and after lots of strugle ended up having it lemon law on arbritration.
rise out wrote:
you all are loosers and dont know what you want in life . you wanna buy cheap car thats why you are looking into kia`s. let me tell you something, those days are over. kia is the best vehicle that I have owned my friends. thats wright, best vehicle for money. now if you are going to sit here and say all this stupid stuff fine but do your research toyota honda gm and rest of them bad reputation lot of recalls kia and hyundai zero...
FORMER EMPLOYEE

Mount Juliet, TN

#23 Apr 8, 2010
I worked there for years it is not owned by chris bostick he is a minority owner it is owned by greenway ford in florida thats both stores. It was a great place to work until bostick took over, they steal from employees, their employee morale is so low. If they steal from the people who work there imagine what they do to customers. These people have no morals at all. The service department sells things to customers not required by the kia maintenance schedule I.E. transmission flushes with moc chemicals that kia does not want used. They give the car business a bad name. Believe me or not but I know from expierience. Also they had enviromental packages on their addendums(window stickers) that were never put on vehicles they took these off when a former employee said he would report them and they just changed it to a adjusted market value i think it came to $2495.00 added to the price of the car. I apologize to those people that I sold this crap to when I worked there. There ar a lot of good dealerships in nashville these kia stores are not one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Haning from La Vergne to Brentwood and An... 59 min DarkHeart1313 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr bigfan 2,460
News Dolly Parton's family life subject of TV movie 19 hr Bloated Culture 2
Miranda Lambert Sun Jason 1
Carnival tomorrow? Sun Patty 1
Bridgestone arena security (Jul '13) Sun Well 5
no show Sun Cheer Up 45
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages