4 Injured In Boat Wreck On Percy Priest Lake - NewsChannel5.com | N...

There are 20 comments on the Jun 10, 2010, NewsChannel5.com Nashville story titled 4 Injured In Boat Wreck On Percy Priest Lake - NewsChannel5.com | N.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Four people were injured, one critically, after a boat wreck on Percy Priest Lake on Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anonymous

Antioch, TN

#1 Jun 10, 2010
Who is Life "light"?!?
no name- just a voice

Brentwood, TN

#2 Jun 11, 2010
haven't you ever made a typo before. the person who wrote this article is just human like you are. and all humans make mistakes LIFE FLIGHT is the helicopter that transport critically injured to the hopsital
Gene

Lebanon, TN

#4 Jun 11, 2010
I have to agree with no name, we are all human and make typo errors. I guess some people just think they are smarter than everyone else and never make mistakes.

“Hey I just got here...”

Since: May 09

Nashville area

#6 Jun 11, 2010
no name- just a voice wrote:
haven't you ever made a typo before. the person who wrote this article is just human like you are. and all humans make mistakes LIFE FLIGHT is the helicopter that transport critically injured to the hopsital
I can understand the human factor, but an accurate and correctly written article is their job. I think its becoming more and more common that folks are not performing as should be expected. I know its impossible to say that I wouldn't ever make a mistake, but I do my best every day to find and correct them before others do. I hold myself accountable for the work that I'm paid to produce.

Would you have the same feelings if you wrote a book and found out that after thousands of prints, the publisher had a typo in your name?
Anonymoose

Nashville, TN

#5 Jun 11, 2010
While I certainly hope that everyone will be OK (and whenever Life Flight is involved that's not a good sign), I'm guessing that alcohol was involved.
Cowboy59

Peoria, IL

#7 Jun 11, 2010
Yeah, why be accurate or have an editor proof something when you can just type out crap and hope it's not utterly meaningless? It's not about being snarky, it's about communicating, which requires accuracy. Everyone is human, and we all make mistakes, but when someone comes to a professional news source, we should be able to expect accuracy so that those mistakes can be reduced and limited to a reader's comprehension instead of counting on that very reader to somehow figure out what was meant and not typed by insinuation. It's called reporting, not coddling.
Fisherman

United States

#8 Jun 11, 2010
This time of year I fish Priest at night alot, as do many other of my friends. I have had several close calls on the water lately. People are not paying attention, they run across the water without lights and many do not respect other people's space on the lake. Two things that every boater should consider, especailly at night, common sence and common courtesy. This could save property damage and more important could save lives. My prayers are for the lives of those injured last night. Boating at night is dangerous enough without complicating it with dangerous operators.
patty

Nashville, TN

#9 Jun 11, 2010
please keep your helicopter away from the cma stage
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 11, 2010
I was on the lake at Nashville Shores right before this happened. I saw some boat flying across the lake at full speed and made a comment to my wife that someone was going to get hurt with them driving like that. It was only about 5 minutes later that I saw TWRA heading down the lake in their direction with lights flashing.

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#11 Jun 11, 2010
no name- just a voice wrote:
You must be knew on here because mistakes are common in these articles.

Also he just made a joke, nothing more.
Mark

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Jun 11, 2010
I have been out there many nights, I would bet the is no running lights on or alcohol related
Buzz Killington

United States

#13 Jun 11, 2010
anyone need a new boat? i have one for sale.
Terri

Mount Juliet, TN

#14 Jun 11, 2010
FYI: One of the boats contained a father and son that go to church with us. Right now they are fighting for their life.
Both are in critical condition with very serious injuries.
Their whole family is so precious, and I would just ask that if you would, take a moment and pray for them and all involved in this terrible accident.
Susan

Hermitage, TN

#15 Jun 11, 2010
Mark wrote:
I have been out there many nights, I would bet the is no running lights on or alcohol related
Both boats were in fishing tourneys at the time. Just a wrong place wrong time accident, they took action to avoid hitting, but both went the same way resulting in the collision.
Running light on, no alcohol.
Now that people know what was going on, forget the typos and remember to pray, one at Vandy is is very bad shape, one in Baptist was headed for cat scan as of the last hour update.
And this time of year many tourneys are at night due to heat, work and lake traffic. So remember to wear your life vests.
Friend of victims

United States

#16 Jun 11, 2010
Anonymoose wrote:
While I certainly hope that everyone will be OK (and whenever Life Flight is involved that's not a good sign), I'm guessing that alcohol was involved.
To whomever is "GUESSING," alcohol was involved...DO NOT GUESS, I am a good friend of two of these men, they are both on life support and in very critical condition. One is a young college aged boy and the other man is his Dad. No alcohol involved on their part, just a fishing tourn., with a Dad and his son on a summer night. They are both not expected to make it~try sending a prayer to a stranger and their family rather than assuming things...it is heartbreaking.
Friend of victims

United States

#17 Jun 11, 2010
Fisherman wrote:
This time of year I fish Priest at night alot, as do many other of my friends. I have had several close calls on the water lately. People are not paying attention, they run across the water without lights and many do not respect other people's space on the lake. Two things that every boater should consider, especailly at night, common sence and common courtesy. This could save property damage and more important could save lives. My prayers are for the lives of those injured last night. Boating at night is dangerous enough without complicating it with dangerous operators.
Thank you for your prayers.
Friend of victims

United States

#18 Jun 11, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
I was on the lake at Nashville Shores right before this happened. I saw some boat flying across the lake at full speed and made a comment to my wife that someone was going to get hurt with them driving like that. It was only about 5 minutes later that I saw TWRA heading down the lake in their direction with lights flashing.
If you feel inclined, please let the proper authorities know what you saw, they are still investigating (my friends were the ones hit by the boat going so fast-head on), the man and his son on life support are good friends, Pray for their Wife/Mother/Family/and many many Friends as well~it's heartbreaking.
Friend of victims

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2010
Terri wrote:
FYI: One of the boats contained a father and son that go to church with us. Right now they are fighting for their life.
Both are in critical condition with very serious injuries.
Their whole family is so precious, and I would just ask that if you would, take a moment and pray for them and all involved in this terrible accident.
They are also friends of my husband and I, awful, just awful and undeserving...prayers are out there.
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Jun 11, 2010
Friend of victims wrote:
<quoted text>
They are also friends of my husband and I, awful, just awful and undeserving...prayers are out there.
Prayers and best wishes from lakerfan.
friend of all involved

United States

#21 Jun 11, 2010
Friend of victims wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel inclined, please let the proper authorities know what you saw, they are still investigating (my friends were the ones hit by the boat going so fast-head on), the man and his son on life support are good friends, Pray for their Wife/Mother/Family/and many many Friends as well~it's heartbreaking.
I was one of the boats that arrived on the scene right after it happened. I was fishing nearby. I can tell you for sure that the boat that you say was "going so fast" was running only 35 to 40 mph at the most. As soon as they went around the end of an island I heard the crash. I am also friends with all 4 boaters involved. I am just glad i was nearby to help out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
back in black 43 min CHARLIE'S ANGEL 60
Help Stop Corruption in our Gov't. Sen. ketron 4 hr Justice for abused 8
Hey Junior Currey 7 hr Yes you 1
how does it feel 11 hr Smokey1958 5
anyone remember kelly j lawson 21 hr looking good 2
Kelly G Fri CHARLIES ANGEL 118
Sit and Stare is the Choice for Those Sitting O... Fri Culture Auditor 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Fri wtf1999 2,238
More from around the web

Nashville People Search