Incense/Potpouri Legal Status in TN

Posted in the Nashville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 10, 2011
A few days ago, there was a article in the Tennessean about raids on shops selling incense/potpouri products. I've read PC-274, and it seems that the ban only targets specific chemicals. What happens when a product doesn't banned chemicals?

7H, for example, doesn't have any of the chemicals, but you see pictures of the packets in every news story.
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 10, 2011
The Kentucky State Police Crime Lab recently analyzed a package of 7H that the Bowling Green-Warren County Drug Task Force sent for testing, task force Director Tommy Loving said. The material contained 1-(5-fluoropentyl)-3-(1-naphth oyl)indole, also called AM-2201.
ChuckUFarley

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Sep 13, 2011
If only there were some safe, natural substance people could use to escape the stresses of this life.

Since: Aug 11

Erin, TN

#4 Sep 13, 2011
ChuckUFarley wrote:
If only there were some safe, natural substance people could use to escape the stresses of this life.
They do it's called marijuana. They need to legalize it
Jack

Hollywood, FL

#5 Sep 14, 2011
Froggy pitbull wrote:
<quoted text>
They do it's called marijuana. They need to legalize it
Well Sherlock, even if they legalized it, it would not help people out that have jobs, or want a job.
You would have to do away with job drug testing, which by the way should be done away with.
I mean what you do when you are home should be your business, if you can show up for work and do what you are suppose to then that's all that matters.

Now you cannot show up high to work, just as you would not show up drunk. Get my drift?

Maury City, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sherlock, even if they legalized it, it would not help people out that have jobs, or want a job.
You would have to do away with job drug testing, which by the way should be done away with.
I mean what you do when you are home should be your business, if you can show up for work and do what you are suppose to then that's all that matters.

Now you cannot show up high to work, just as you would not show up drunk. Get my drift?
I agree 100%.
Jack

Lewisville, TX

#7 Sep 14, 2011
Froggy pitbull wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%.
Thank you. Glad you understand. Most people want to turn it into a big political arguement. lol
Kyoki233

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2011
It's all banned you idiots. You can't buy anything anywhere now and if you are able to buy it, have fun getting caught because it's just like getting caught with the real stuff. So go risk it on the real stuff.
Kyoki233

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2011
ChuckUFarley wrote:
The stress in your life is caused by you and only you. It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head causing it. Stress free life = high on life. Not high on drugs in which would cause stress because you spend the money on a drug verses on a bill that would only cause the stress. Get real man, my life is better without buying pot every week just to laugh a little and stress over bills.

Erin, TN

#10 Sep 14, 2011
Personally I stress more without it. I've quit for over two years. Wound up
With high blood pressure and couldn't sleep for about six months. I went to see a Dr and they put me on meds. I'd rather smoke and be normal. I work my ass off all week and I'm gonna smoke
Richard

Nashville, TN

#11 Sep 15, 2011
Well bottom line people, does anyone know if there are still legal blends for sale. Since the raid I can't find a shop within 50 miles of Nashville that sells it. For those of us confused lets try to get an answer. Is there a legal herbal incense for sale in TN? If so were and why is it still legal while what I used to get isn't.
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#12 Sep 15, 2011
I talked to a friend who works in a DA's office, and this is what he had to say:

They are confiscating all samples that they find for sale, on the basis of the fact that many of these products don't list the ingredients on them, so they can't tell what's in it. Some stores were also still selling incense brands that were pre-ban apparently.

My guess is, potpourri will be back, but the shops will have to list the chemicals on them.

Kyoki233: A good way to lower opinion of yourself is by starting off a reply by calling everybody else idiots. It's not all banned, so your wrong on that account. Things may be different in NC, but this question, if you read it right, pertains to TN. Please, let's keep a intelligent discussion for intelligent people.
Richard

Nashville, TN

#13 Sep 15, 2011
tomorrowman, Thank you for the information. Anyone else have any good info on this?
gollygeethanks

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sherlock, even if they legalized it, it would not help people out that have jobs, or want a job.
I understand your point as well as your reasoning and I agree that what people do in their own homes should be their own business. But I do NOT think doing away with workplace drug testing is a good idea. It is just too big of a liability to employers and potentially hazardous to other employees as well as the general public. This is not to say that every person who smokes pot or takes a medication that isn't prescribed to them is a wreckless person undeserving of a job but workplace drug testing does help weed out some of the potential bad eggs.

On a more personal note there are still people left in this world that endure all the stress and negativity the world throws out without resorting to the use of drugs. Doesn't matter to me how legal or illegal a substance is or if it is natural, herbal, home made, or created in a lab if it is something you (in the collective form, not personal) depend on or use frequently then its dangerous. Many and dare I say most drugs have more than short term affects on your body and mind. Our bodies simply weren't designed to be polluted this way.**and I did read that u don't condone people coming in to work under the influence***

Didn't mean to get political just feel strongly about anything dealing with drugs especially the things that are floating around out there nowadays .....
arney

United States

#15 Sep 16, 2011
gollygeethanks wrote:
<quoted text>I understand your point as well as your reasoning and I agree that what people do in their own homes should be their own business. But I do NOT think doing away with workplace drug testing is a good idea. It is just too big of a liability to employers and potentially hazardous to other employees as well as the general public. This is not to say that every person who smokes pot or takes a medication that isn't prescribed to them is a wreckless person undeserving of a job but workplace drug testing does help weed out some of the potential bad eggs.
On a more personal note there are still people left in this world that endure all the stress and negativity the world throws out without resorting to the use of drugs. Doesn't matter to me how legal or illegal a substance is or if it is natural, herbal, home made, or created in a lab if it is something you (in the collective form, not personal) depend on or use frequently then its dangerous. Many and dare I say most drugs have more than short term affects on your body and mind. Our bodies simply weren't designed to be polluted this way.**and I did read that u don't condone people coming in to work under the influence***
Didn't mean to get political just feel strongly about anything dealing with drugs especially the things that are floating around out there nowadays .....
One little thing crushes your theory about drinking or drugs in the work place. I seen where Obama had some beer with a soldier yesterday. Is that not called drinking on the job? He is at work for us, drinking, and has access to some really big bombs. But guess what he hasn't pushed any buttons yet. So maybe someone drinking on the job is safe after all.
gollygeethanks

United States

#16 Sep 16, 2011
arney wrote:
<quoted text>One little thing crushes your theory about drinking or drugs in the work place. I seen where Obama had some beer with a soldier yesterday. Is that not called drinking on the job? He is at work for us, drinking, and has access to some really big bombs. But guess what he hasn't pushed any buttons yet. So maybe someone drinking on the job is safe after all.
That doesn't crush my theory at all. There are rules for a reason. I don't think having "a beer" for public relations would fall under the category of drug use. If he was intoxicated then I'd understand.
Kent

Denton, TX

#17 Sep 16, 2011
gollygeethanks wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't crush my theory at all. There are rules for a reason. I don't think having "a beer" for public relations would fall under the category of drug use. If he was intoxicated then I'd understand.
Hell he always looks drunk.
gollygeethanks

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2011
Kent wrote:
<quoted text>Hell he always looks drunk.
lol I don't even watch TV anymore. Gave up faith in politicians a long time ago

Erin, TN

#19 Sep 18, 2011
The closest place I've found for anything legal is in Kentucky. Everywhere close to from Clarksville to Dickson no longer has it.
Richard

Nashville, TN

#20 Sep 19, 2011
Froggy pitbull, thanks for the info. I have looked everywhere around Nashville and no one has any of it. So I may run up to Kentucky this weekend. Were up there were you able to find it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly Thompson is the next one 1 hr Troll Patrol 3
Tn.doesn't need Black as Gov. She can't do her ... 1 hr yep 13
If the Mayor had just had an affair..... 1 hr idiot 67
Swingers coming into town. Questions inside 4 hr lovcpl 28
Miley Cyrus. Tongue flicking in and out. Is she... 5 hr Burford 26
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 10 hr Alyssa76 505
40 oz Mickey's Malt Liquor (Aug '15) 11 hr One day 14

Nashville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages