Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 3,556)

Showing posts 71,101 - 71,120 of123,669
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as of May 8th, those are the numbers. Along with this, it also says the following -
78% of the public think it is important to know what happened at Benghazi.
Only 5% of the public think Obama is too friendly with small businesses
Only 13% of the public think letting entrepreneurs get rich hurts the economy
A sizable majority (85%) still thinks it is fair that people who build very successful companies get very rich.
Forty percent (40%) think the federal government should be chiefly responsible for setting policies about gun ownership.
Today’s figures include 25% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 37% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -12.
This is just one polling organization, but it is the one predominantly thought of as being the most accurate.
This is why not a lot of credence is paid to some of the ranting on here simply because it is totally opposite of what most of the country is thinking.
Pete, I have learned something after a couple of years on Topix. If Obama committed an ax murder, live on the White House lawn, the Obama Zombies on this thread (with the possible exception of OT) would say that it doesn't rise to the level of impeachment. Go figure. The Jamestown group had similar followers, they all drank the Kool-Aid and died.
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Olivia, there are a lot of people chewing on this bone, you just haven't noticed.
I am dismayed that you see such a small swatch of the world you live in and are duped by a party that have no, absolutely no interest in your best interest. I wish you well.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your new attitude, but am waiting for the other shoe to drop because it is so "unlike" you. Is it because vet is back and friendly with OT? Stay civil and things might change...
I hate to disappoint you, but I don't make personality adjustments to accommodate morons. I accepted the proposition from "Tired," also a reputable moron, that I may have issued a double negative and was gracious to ask for an explanation. I now realize why he could not. He couldn't because it never happened according to review of the day's postings! So, it would appear you are celebrating the fact that your friend is, well..stupid!
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to disappoint you, but I don't make personality adjustments to accommodate morons. I accepted the proposition from "Tired," also a reputable moron, that I may have issued a double negative and was gracious to ask for an explanation. I now realize why he could not. He couldn't because it never happened according to review of the day's postings! So, it would appear you are celebrating the fact that your friend is, well..stupid!
They (pharmaceutical companies) make meds for your affliction. Relax, take deep breaths.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what you refer to as "refuting" translates as evolving information received after the incident and while it was being investigated, but, oh please do expound on this and tell us WTF you are talking about.
Read it for yourself and try to at least pretend that you are an informed person. The men on the ground testified that there was a coordinated attack with mortars and automatic weapons. The Republicans have the E-Mails and the democrats are lying and tried to prevent the witnesses from testifying.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking a bunch of conservative republicans to watch anything that is not edited and spun by Faux News is like asking a bunch of PETA members to harpoon, butcher and eat a whale, Its Not Gonna Happen!!!
They want to be lied to, it's the only way to hold their crumbling archaic world together.
I should know I was raised in a vary political republican family, I drank the kool aid for most of my life out of some foolish obligation I felt for my parents, then one day I just looked around and saw reality. I felt like I was just freed from a cult it was like seeing the world for the first time and it was great. But unfortunately most of them are so bull headed that they would die before ever admitting they were wrong.
CNN and MSNBC reported the same thing.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am dismayed that you see such a small swatch of the world you live in and are duped by a party that have no, absolutely no interest in your best interest. I wish you well.
Thank you for wishing me well Olivia, and I wish you good fortunes. However, the poll I posted was a nationwide poll. That is a pretty big swatch. My best interests lie in an administration that promotes and supports small business. That nationwide poll indicated that not only me, but a lot of other Americans see that our current administration isn't doing that, by a large margin. And this poll was political party neutral. Being duped means being fooled. Right now, more and more people aren't being fooled, including me. Please pardon me if I don't lend a lot of credibility to your views on what helps our country's small businesses.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
They (pharmaceutical companies) make meds for your affliction. Relax, take deep breaths.
Obfuscation, sweetcakes. You have admitted that you knew nothing of the House hearings today. Yet you defend those who have no defense. The men on the ground who have had the courage to testify in spite of threats and harassment from this administration are heroes. They deserve better leadership.
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Obfuscation, sweetcakes. You have admitted that you knew nothing of the House hearings today. Yet you defend those who have no defense. The men on the ground who have had the courage to testify in spite of threats and harassment from this administration are heroes. They deserve better leadership.
Yes. Lets give them DICK CHENEY. His battery is still functional.
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for wishing me well Olivia, and I wish you good fortunes. However, the poll I posted was a nationwide poll. That is a pretty big swatch. My best interests lie in an administration that promotes and supports small business. That nationwide poll indicated that not only me, but a lot of other Americans see that our current administration isn't doing that, by a large margin. And this poll was political party neutral. Being duped means being fooled. Right now, more and more people aren't being fooled, including me. Please pardon me if I don't lend a lot of credibility to your views on what helps our country's small businesses.
The GOP cares nothing about small business. They are financed by Corporations. They care nothing about jobs for Americans they outsource jobs to third world nations every day.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The cream rises to the top, were you on the debate team at Vandy? Did you see the post about the English professor?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Lets give them DICK CHENEY. His battery is still functional.
You are an insensitive boor. Move along and display your ignorance elsewhere.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You are an insensitive boor. Move along and display your ignorance elsewhere.
Where did you meet this new admirer?:-)
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You are an insensitive boor. Move along and display your ignorance elsewhere.
You are precious. Your prejudice is endearing, please continue to display it proudly.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you meet this new admirer?:-)
Hey, OW. She followed me down the street and I couldn't get rid of her.
Olivia

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking a bunch of conservative republicans to watch anything that is not edited and spun by Faux News is like asking a bunch of PETA members to harpoon, butcher and eat a whale, Its Not Gonna Happen!!!
They want to be lied to, it's the only way to hold their crumbling archaic world together.
I should know I was raised in a vary political republican family, I drank the kool aid for most of my life out of some foolish obligation I felt for my parents, then one day I just looked around and saw reality. I felt like I was just freed from a cult it was like seeing the world for the first time and it was great. But unfortunately most of them are so bull headed that they would die before ever admitting they were wrong.
Amen sister or brother.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Voted for Obama.Can't vote democrat again.Political correctness marches on.Benghazi looking more and more like a coverup.Maybe we should give some more F-15s to Egypt, that should solve our problems.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are precious. Your prejudice is endearing, please continue to display it proudly.
I can't help it if you are an insensitive boor. Where is the prejudice? You lost the debate and obfuscated. Don't feel badly, most of the Obama zombies do the same thing.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP cares nothing about small business. They are financed by Corporations. They care nothing about jobs for Americans they outsource jobs to third world nations every day.
hahahaha Olivia. Let me ask you this - tell me what corporation is funding a small business? Or let me put it another way, why would a corporation fund their competition? And let me let you in on a little secret; corporations need employees to survive, good employees. Therefore, don't you think they care a little bit about employees? I mean their future depends on them. And here is another little tidbit that you don't seem to be aware of, the factories in these third world countries you are talking about are owned by that factory's government. Corporations aren't outsourcing jobs, they are outsourcing manufacturing. They don't own or employ the factory workers who do indeed make some of their goods. Why do they do this? The biggest reason is because small businesses, corporations, partnerships, sole proprietors, etc. are taxed to death on labor. If a factory worker makes $15/hour in this country, the employer pays almost this much in taxes for the use of this labor. The factory worker doesn't get the additional money spent on this labor, the government gets it. And what do they do with it? They spend it on people who don't work. So who is getting screwed the most here? The Factory Worker.

I do respect your initiative to express viewpoints on what you think is wrong with our economy, but at least use a little basis of fact when you do it.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text> The cream rises to the top, were you on the debate team at Vandy? Did you see the post about the English professor?
I missed that post Vet. Which post was it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,101 - 71,120 of123,669
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 5 min NTMD8OR 58,308
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Dec '06) 44 min 1999 teen challenge grad 631
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Armadillo 8,450
Club ménage (May '11) 6 hr Harold BeBop Turner 192
Medical Marijuana Act Gains Entry to TN Senate 13 hr Zebo 355
Don't Forget The Blood Moon 20 hr Anonymous 3
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 20 hr dude 1,039
•••

Freeze Warning for Davidson County was issued at April 15 at 3:36PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••