Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 3,475)

Showing posts 69,481 - 69,500 of124,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>It's Ca., nothing makes sense there.
I figured you're up just to raid the ice-box at this hour. If you find anything really good..that you didn't make..call me!:-)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, if robots were as bad as you say, the manufacturers would be pretty stupid to continue using them. It's estimated that there are over 8 million of these robots out there.
I wonder why they haven't gotten your message?
Read and weep. This IS the future.
http://www.robotics.org/content-detail.cfm/In...
Your Link is to a Promotional Site for Robotics, so I would double-check their information before I took it as Gospel, or passed it along as the absolute truth.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you're up just to raid the ice-box at this hour. If you find anything really good..that you didn't make..call me!:-)
Hey,)W. No, had some Krystals a couple of hours ago and am full as a tick.Oh, I don't cook. The esposa is a gourmet cook but she didn't feel like cooking tonight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I posted it. Do you have an answer?
Really??? Well, you fooled me because I didn't get it, either. Maybe, if you concentrated on making your points clearer , instead of trying to post as "overly-superior" to all other Posters, somebody could understand the point you're trying to make! Just a suggestion.
Nobody cares about your IQ score...that's irrelevant. But, if you really want to make a point, it's important that you post so that People can understand it, otherwise you're just wasting your time...and theirs!
Notfromhere

Royal, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

And your point is? You just contradicted yourself several times herel. Do you really enjoy reading your jibber-jabbed that much. I am sure no one else gives a rat's behind what you have to say. You make no sense and have nothing factual to say whatsoever. Global warming is a myth!
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The term, "Global WARMING" was coined BEFORE Scientists discovered that it wasn't just "warming" of parts of the Earth. By the time they discovered that the changes included Extreme weather of all kinds, everybody was already familiar with the term "Global Warming", so it would have been confusing to the Average Person to change it!
Don't worry about what it's called, worry about the effects of it...that's the important thing!
For instance, the Northern States that had Severe Drought conditions last year, are now having record-breaking Flooding this year!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

dagen wrote:
<quoted text>I work with robots. They are constantly causing problems. They are good when they work but can give plenty of trouble. In many operations humans do a better job.
S
Yep!
bicyclegirl4

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

grommit wrote:
Those who seek power are least suited to hold it.
None of the above.
HELLO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,)W. No, had some Krystals a couple of hours ago and am full as a tick.Oh, I don't cook. The esposa is a gourmet cook but she didn't feel like cooking tonight.
Krystals...instead of Chic-a-fila or whatever it's called? Kinda went the "Cheap" route, didn't you? Dang Vet, even I can afford better than that, especially for Dinner! Maybe for a cheap, quick Lunch...but Dinner??? Lol!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I,m back

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Notfromhere wrote:
And your point is? You just contradicted yourself several times herel. Do you really enjoy reading your jibber-jabbed that much. I am sure no one else gives a rat's behind what you have to say. You make no sense and have nothing factual to say whatsoever. Global warming is a myth! <quoted text>
The Scientists would disagree with you and frankly, I'll believe them over you...especially we we can see signs of it, all around us in every part of the Globe!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> The inability to "move money around" is part of the sequestration LAW. That is what necessitated congress to act to allow the movement of that money.
This thing was never supposed to become law...it was hastily thrown together to be used as a club against BOTH parties to get congress to act prudently. With this congress, that idea is hopeless.
What tickled me was that congressman who claims he was NEVER WARNED that there would be problems at airports. What rock was he living under ?
Congress give the pres. the ability to move money around when it (sequester) was drawn up and he refused..,, That is a fact Jack!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,)W. No, had some Krystals a couple of hours ago and am full as a tick.Oh, I don't cook. The esposa is a gourmet cook but she didn't feel like cooking tonight.
I'm glad to know you and your lovely wife are doing well and comfortable at the end of another day. As I recall, you guys are meditteranean cuisine officianados and really enjoy great cooking. I've always been a frustrated chef, but do have occasional success. There's a lot to be said for time together with great friends and excellent food. It's also fun to be lazy about cooking and have to clean up lots of empty beenie-weenie cans and honeybun wrappers after a week of slacking!:-) I hope your evening brings much, old friend. Take care.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
I,m back
Hey, Honestly. Que hay?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Notfromhere wrote:
And your point is? You just contradicted yourself several times herel. Do you really enjoy reading your jibber-jabbed that much. I am sure no one else gives a rat's behind what you have to say. You make no sense and have nothing factual to say whatsoever. Global warming is a myth! <quoted text>
Oh, and my point is to talk so that People understand your message...AND your point! Anybody that has ever done any Public Speaking or been coached to do Public speaking, or Writing, knows that's the fundamental Rule above all else...to make yourself easy to understand....put it in proper form, but keep it simple!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? Well, you fooled me because I didn't get it, either. Maybe, if you concentrated on making your points clearer , instead of trying to post as "overly-superior" to all other Posters, somebody could understand the point you're trying to make! Just a suggestion.
Nobody cares about your IQ score...that's irrelevant. But, if you really want to make a point, it's important that you post so that People can understand it, otherwise you're just wasting your time...and theirs!
Your gig's up and you're so busted! Drown with it if you insist!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
“At just $7.25 an hour, or roughly $15,080 per year, the current federal minimum wage is leaving millions of hardworking Americans in poverty. The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013, a strong proposal that increases the minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10 and indexes it to inflation thereafter.“
Lessee.
$7.25 x 40 = 290/week, or $15080 per year.
$10.10 x 40 = 404/week or 21,008 a year.
That’s still poverty, so it doesn’t accomplish much. You also need to understand that for every action there’s a reaction. If the cost of doing business increases, and sales don’t, then something has to be done. Businesses will have to either raise prices, or reduce expenses, or both. The quickest way to reduce expenses is to layoff workers. That means that those workers who just got a government mandated raise will have to pick up the slack. That’s only fair, since they are getting paid more to do the same job.
Minimum wage jobs are often referred to as burger flipper jobs, since it doesn’t take much skill or education to be a burger flipper; or cashier; or order taker. But if you look at a typical fast food restaurant, employees are it’s biggest expense. If that business is suddenly socked with a huge increase in that expense, that gets larger every year due to indexing the minimum wage to inflation, at some point they will switch to automation.
For instance, imagine if McDonalds announced tomorrow that they were going to use this hamburger making machine:
http://www.gizmag.com/hamburger-machine/25159...
And it doesn’t stop there. Take a look at what a restaurant with a hamburger machine would look like:
http://www.gizmag.com/hamburger-machine/25159...
Notice the absence of minimum wage workers. Ordering would be like going to an ATM. The only minimum wage workers in this restaurant would be the cleanup crew.
Here’s a Pizza vending machine.
http://www.gizmag.com/lets-pizza-vending-mach...
And that machine doesn’t just spit out premade, frozen, yuk, gas station pizzas.
“Instead, the process begins with the client paying, then selecting one of four types of pizza available at any one time. The machine then mixes flour and water, kneads that mixture into dough, rolls the dough out into a 27-centimeter (10.5-inch)-wide crust, adds toppings, cooks the pie in its infrared oven, then dispenses it in a take-away box. The whole process takes under three minutes.
Each machine can store enough ingredients to make 90, 100 or 200 pizzas, depending on which source of information you go by.”
The only minimum wage jobs will be the guys who drive around restocking the ingredients. In fact, this machine eliminates the entire restaurant.
Here’s another restaurant eliminator:
http://www.gizmag.com/eatwave-vending-machine...
Retail is the biggest employer of minimum wage workers. But!
ATM machines reduce the need for bank tellers, virtual assistants can answer the phone 24 hours a day, and self-service machines are reducing the need for checkout clerks.
Retail employment has barely budged over the last year despite stronger sales at major chains. Meanwhile,$740 billion was transacted through self-service machines in 2010, up 9 percent from 2009. That number is projected to rise to $1.1 trillion by 2014.
You had better revamp those figures, because employers are going to start using part or temp hires. that means that minimum wage of 15,000+ per year will be cut by a third/Talk to your Obama for all his help. He is the one that wants to keep the majority of the people down and on welfare, food stamps and other gov. assistance. That way they will get their vote. Only a MAD dog will bite the feeders hand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better revamp those figures, because employers are going to start using part or temp hires. that means that minimum wage of 15,000+ per year will be cut by a third/Talk to your Obama for all his help. He is the one that wants to keep the majority of the people down and on welfare, food stamps and other gov. assistance. That way they will get their vote. Only a MAD dog will bite the feeders hand.
Excellent!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Got really sleepy. Did not read all that crap. If the 99% ever wake up and see what has been perpetrated against them, including that the minimum wage should be in the range of 21$ if it kept up with cost of living. The 1% is in trouble.
A lot more than 1% is in trouble.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress give the pres. the ability to move money around when it (sequester) was drawn up and he refused..,, That is a fact Jack!
What? Show me where you are getting that from. Congress doesn't have that authority...Congress is a co-equal of the Administrative Branch...i.e. the Presidency! They can't tell him what to do nor how to do it, no more than he can tell them. They're supposed to work together to serve the Nation, but this TEApublican Congress, apparently, doesn't know that. they think their only job is to oppose everything the President wants and to protect the super Wealthy and that's all their job entails.
Therefpre, the American Voters will show them that their job is to kick them to the curb, at election time, and elect somebody to really represent their Constituients, instead of themselves and their wealthy Benefactors!
Alittle over a year to go and then, the "House Cleaning" will begin!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Observing the use of the word "folks" in your post opening, it appears you presented these thoughts to the collective body of Topix clientele. Therefore, may I ask you to explain the third sentence of your text as it lacks appropriate context given its declarative effect, and appears completely unrelated to the first two?
Go OW go!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,481 - 69,500 of124,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Club ménage (May '11) 1 hr sugarspice 198
Medical Marijuana Act Gains Entry to TN Senate 8 hr Zebo 371
steve dozier king of Judicial MISCONDUCT (Oct '13) 10 hr Evette 23
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 11 hr Harold BeBop Turner 1,048
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 19 hr sally 58,245
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 19 hr sally 8,462
actavis opana (oxymorphone) vs impax opana (oxy... (May '13) 20 hr popapillnchill 9
•••
•••
•••
Nashville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search