Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76346 Apr 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No - not at all. The deaths of soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen in the service of their country has NOTHING to do with the murder of innocent babies OUTSIDE their mother's womb.
Have you a shred of logic at all?
A Life is a Life, Nuh, and one is no more, or no less, important than another One!
If you don't believe that, then you would have made a fantastic Nazi Soldier and Hitler would have dearly loved you!

Guild

#76347 Apr 15, 2013
Happy Tax Day!

Here are 13 All-New and Improved Taxes just this year!

1. Payroll Tax: increase in the Social Security portion of the payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent for workers. This hits all Americans earning a paycheck—not just the “wealthy.” For example, The Wall Street Journal calculated that the “typical U.S. family earning $50,000 a year” will lose “an annual income boost of $1,000.”

2. Top marginal tax rate: increase from 35 percent to 39.6 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).

3. Phase out of personal exemptions for adjusted gross income (AGI) over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).

4. Phase down of itemized deductions for AGI over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).

5. Tax rates on investment: increase in the rate on dividends and capital gains from 15 percent to 20 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).

6. Death tax: increase in the rate (on estates larger than $5 million) from 35 percent to 40 percent.

7. Taxes on business investment: expiration of full expensing—the immediate deduction of capital purchases by businesses.

Obamacare tax increases that took effect:

8. Another investment tax increase: 3.8 percent surtax on investment income for taxpayers with taxable income exceeding $250,000 ($200,000 for singles).

9. Another payroll tax hike: 0.9 percent increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax for incomes over $250,000 ($200,000 for single filers).

10. Medical device tax: 2.3 percent excise tax paid by medical device manufacturers and importers on all their sales.

11. Reducing the income tax deduction for individuals’ medical expenses.

12. Elimination of the corporate income tax deduction for expenses related to the Medicare Part D subsidy.

13. Limitation of the corporate income tax deduction for compensation that health insurance companies pay to their executives.

Each of these 13 tax increases will slow the economy, meaning that businesses will create fewer jobs. Fewer jobs will make it even more difficult to land a job than it already is for the more than 12 million Americans looking for work.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76348 Apr 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Golfer, Pete, or do you just enjoy watching it on TV?:)
Hi Sassy, I try to play every once in a while, but mostly I just play on vacations now. I do like watching the Masters though. That is the only tournament I watch every year. Thanks for asking!

Location hidden

#76349 Apr 15, 2013
"The Most Successful Leaders Do 15 Things Automatically, Every Day."

Click here:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/most-s...

Location hidden

#76351 Apr 15, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
Well folks, President Obama released his income tax forms for his last year's taxes. By most standards, the President is a rich man, not Mitt Romney rich, but still pretty wealthy.
Obama the CEO of the United States of America earns a pittance compared to the average CEO. In fact, less than a lot of middle managers do...but when compared to that 50k salary for the "average American family".....well Obama is doing pretty well.
The President's tax rate was 18.4%. The guy that owns a lawncare business and mows lawns for a living will pay 15.3% IN PAYROLL TAXES ALONE in 2013, then, he will owe income taxes on the rest.
I want those who have spent years arguing with me about tax cuts for the wealthy, to get on here and explain why it is great for America to have the President pay a lesser tax rate than the guy that mows your yard. Defend your strategy and the sanity of your position in the shadow of the Obama tax filing.
Tell me why Americans must sacrifice cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps etc...when the peon that mows yards for a living can afford to pay a higher tax rate.... but those as well off as Obama can't. Time to wake up Americans, before we end up living in a country of landed gentry.... and serfs.
Good Morning, OT! I had a Dear Friend back in the 90's, he's passed now. But, he used to tell me all the time that the Long-Range Goal of the Leaders in this Country and the Super Wealthy was to have the Super Wealthy and the Serfs, with Nobody in between. He was a Republican.
I thought that was a little exaggerated, at the time, and could never happen in this Country. But, now I'm not so sure. I think of his words often. He was a very wise Man and we had long talks just about every night, trying to solve the World's Problems. Lol!
I have to say that I see more and more of what he told me was going to happen, than I ever thought I would.
He was a very smart Man and I miss him terribly.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76352 Apr 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
Happy Tax Day!
Here are 13 All-New and Improved Taxes just this year!
1. Payroll Tax: increase in the Social Security portion of the payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent for workers. This hits all Americans earning a paycheck—not just the “wealthy.” For example, The Wall Street Journal calculated that the “typical U.S. family earning $50,000 a year” will lose “an annual income boost of $1,000.”
2. Top marginal tax rate: increase from 35 percent to 39.6 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).
3. Phase out of personal exemptions for adjusted gross income (AGI) over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).
4. Phase down of itemized deductions for AGI over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).
5. Tax rates on investment: increase in the rate on dividends and capital gains from 15 percent to 20 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).
6. Death tax: increase in the rate (on estates larger than $5 million) from 35 percent to 40 percent.
7. Taxes on business investment: expiration of full expensing—the immediate deduction of capital purchases by businesses.
Obamacare tax increases that took effect:
8. Another investment tax increase: 3.8 percent surtax on investment income for taxpayers with taxable income exceeding $250,000 ($200,000 for singles).
9. Another payroll tax hike: 0.9 percent increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax for incomes over $250,000 ($200,000 for single filers).
10. Medical device tax: 2.3 percent excise tax paid by medical device manufacturers and importers on all their sales.
11. Reducing the income tax deduction for individuals’ medical expenses.
12. Elimination of the corporate income tax deduction for expenses related to the Medicare Part D subsidy.
13. Limitation of the corporate income tax deduction for compensation that health insurance companies pay to their executives.
Each of these 13 tax increases will slow the economy, meaning that businesses will create fewer jobs. Fewer jobs will make it even more difficult to land a job than it already is for the more than 12 million Americans looking for work.
AHHHH, but chained CPI, sequester cuts, means testing Medicare, cuts to food stamps, block granting (with massive cuts included) to Medicaid, and a few dozen more Republican proposed or SUPPORTED cuts to the Federal Budget, don't "slow the economy" and "create fewer jobs" right "Nuh" ??
Again, defend the tax rates for high earners in the shadow of the Obama tax filing..
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76353 Apr 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, OT! I had a Dear Friend back in the 90's, he's passed now. But, he used to tell me all the time that the Long-Range Goal of the Leaders in this Country and the Super Wealthy was to have the Super Wealthy and the Serfs, with Nobody in between. He was a Republican.
I thought that was a little exaggerated, at the time, and could never happen in this Country. But, now I'm not so sure. I think of his words often. He was a very wise Man and we had long talks just about every night, trying to solve the World's Problems. Lol!
I have to say that I see more and more of what he told me was going to happen, than I ever thought I would.
He was a very smart Man and I miss him terribly.
Good morning Linda !
It is hard to exaggerate what the Obama tax filing did FOR those of us who believe that taxes for high earners are MUCH too low. The President has placed those who constantly advocate for massive tax cuts for the wealthy as they oppose a raise to the minimum wage, advocate cuts to Social Security, and the social safety net to fund them, in the unenviable position of DEFENDING the President and the tax rate he paid last year. This will be the gift that keeps on giving...since here we will separate the wheat from the chaff....We now get to divide the true believers from the hypocrites and to say that I am overjoyed is an understatement !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#76354 Apr 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No - not at all. The deaths of soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen in the service of their country has NOTHING to do with the murder of innocent babies OUTSIDE their mother's womb.
What about all of the innocent victims of war, are they somehow less worthy in the eyes of God ? Is the soul of the man on death row who faces sanctioned killing by the state, less valuable in the eyes of God ?
I thought pro-life meant all human life, not just the ones YOU think have value....
I abhor abortion....and capital punishment, and the killing of innocent people in wars not of their making, and the deaths of members of our military who are sent to fight wars for this country, ESPCIALLY in places that (in my opinion) we have no business fighting. This is what my God tells me is right. That commandment that says Thou shalt not kill contains no disclaimer.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76355 Apr 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting, Dunlapian. I remember you mentioning the Scuba Diving before. I almost drowned in a Lake when I was a Teenager and would have if it hadn't been for my Friend saving me. Scared the beegeebers outta me. I've been in a Swimming Pool a few times since, but all in all, water and Heights are NOT my thing. I want my feet planted squarely on the ground! Lol!
Went to the Beach in North Carolina once and I said, You Guys just have fun in the water, but I'm staying up here and guarding the beach chairs and the towels. That was after they aid the sand crabs were biting the Swimmers' feet in the water. And you know what, I was perfectly happy to not even get my feet wet!
I'm just a "Wuuse", what can I tell you, when it comes to the ocean! I think it's beautiful and relaxing, but I ain't going in it, if I don't have to! Lol!
No you are not a "Wuuse", I can get that same relaxing feeling from on top of the ocean or under it, just as I can from being on the mountains.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76356 Apr 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh_, I believe you said before you were in Vietnam, and the horrors of Vietnam also included young innocents, this is war.........this is wrong!

i believe

Guild

#76357 Apr 15, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What about all of the innocent victims of war, are they somehow less worthy in the eyes of God ? Is the soul of the man on death row who faces sanctioned killing by the state, less valuable in the eyes of God ?
I thought pro-life meant all human life, not just the ones YOU think have value....
I abhor abortion....and capital punishment, and the killing of innocent people in wars not of their making, and the deaths of members of our military who are sent to fight wars for this country, ESPCIALLY in places that (in my opinion) we have no business fighting. This is what my God tells me is right. That commandment that says Thou shalt not kill contains no disclaimer.
Very good questions and I agree with you in all of your statements.

However, the intent of my post about the murderer who is on trial for snipping the spinal cords of living breathing babies AFTER they were delivered - has nothing to do with evil Bush and his Iraq war. In fact, several of my own friends died in what you term (ESPCIALLY in places that we have no busines fighting). Part of me died there too.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76358 Apr 15, 2013
The Chinese are not only trying to kill us with their "Sheet-Rock", Chicken Virus, contaminated fish, but they are also in the business of selling everything everything from rhino horns to Seahorses caught to boost their sexual virility.
Now one of their boats got stuck on a Philippine reef loaded with protected dead species.......who knows for what purpose.
http://news.yahoo.com/boat-filled-protected-s...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76359 Apr 15, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, just follow those feelings, you will know if they are good or not. If what you do feels right and moral.......I believe you have made a connection with God, and it's a good feeling.
Hey, one more thing instead of reading the Bible, Quran, Torah ect. Just remember the "Golden Rule", it's very simple.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76360 Apr 15, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
The Chinese are not only trying to kill us with their "Sheet-Rock", Chicken Virus, contaminated fish, but they are also in the business of selling everything everything from rhino horns to Seahorses caught to boost their sexual virility.
Now one of their boats got stuck on a Philippine reef loaded with protected dead species.......who knows for what purpose.
http://news.yahoo.com/boat-filled-protected-s...
Now wait just one minute there fella,this is hot off the press.
China is saying this avian flu virus erupting in their homeland is coming out of a US bio-weapons lab.
Now could this be the lab on Plumb Island where the Nazi scientist,war criminal, brought over from Germany,who was working on bio-warfare,on ticks,which later showed up, perhaps the ones in Lyme Conn.where the break out of Lyme disease started now an epidemic all over the US and EU.
Do you have any clue how many rocks this was is going to involve?
Oh man am I going to be busy today.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#76361 Apr 15, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, one more thing instead of reading the Bible, Quran, Torah ect. Just remember the "Golden Rule", it's very simple.
I have someone here who is afraid for me because I'm going to burn in Hell for eternity because of my way of seeing things.I am
not knocking this person but I think I'm her project,I might even be the talk of the church.God help me.
She is really worried about my hot spot with the Devil and I told her it is impossible to burn forever and ever.I said throw me in a raging fire and I'll burn till I become ashes and then the wind will carry me off. I mean nothing can burn that long ,well except for the twin towers with some thermite.
When she talks about God strongly her eyes like roll up in her head ,it's kinda spooky, and I'm thinking wow it's like shes really searching up in her mind for this God she believes in.It's up in her very own head.
I read the Bible and it's a. Forget it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76362 Apr 15, 2013
Well I just spoke to one of Senator Corker interns about buying guns "without" a background check and he is all for it.
Whereas the Iraq War Veterans are "for" a background check. Even they had to go through one.

1-855-440-4800
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#76363 Apr 15, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
Well I just spoke to one of Senator Corker interns about buying guns "without" a background check and he is all for it.
Whereas the Iraq War Veterans are "for" a background check. Even they had to go through one.
1-855-440-4800
I'm sure all those law-breaking thugs will abide by this proposed law as much as they do the 20,000 other gun control laws out there.
Leroy Snot

Tellico Plains, TN

#76365 Apr 15, 2013
Leroy Snot

Tellico Plains, TN

#76366 Apr 15, 2013
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#76367 Apr 15, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
Obama the CEO of the United States of America earns a pittance compared to the average CEO. In fact, less than a lot of middle managers do...but when compared to that 50k salary for the "average American family".....well Obama is doing pretty well.
The President's tax rate was 18.4%. The guy that owns a lawncare business and mows lawns for a living will pay 15.3% IN PAYROLL TAXES ALONE in 2013. I want those who have spent years arguing with me about tax cuts for the wealthy, to get on here and explain why it is great for America to have the President pay a lesser tax rate than the guy that mows your yard. Tell me why Americans must sacrifice cuts in Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps etc...when the peon that mows yards for a living can afford to pay a higher tax rate.... but those as well off as Obama can't. Time to wake up Americans, before we end up living in a country of landed gentry.... and serfs.
Aah, the old "redistribution of wealth" argument. This argument has been hashed and re-hashed on almost every political venue, so I am not about to start it up again here. Why - because nobody wins this argument. The argument continues on an on, yet nothing gets solved by it. What you are doing OT is simply looking at two percentage numbers that are almost equal, and simply saying that person with the lower income is getting a raw deal while totally discounting why Obama is paying an 18% tax rate.

Obama pays an 18% tax rate because of his higher earnings. He has enough of an income where he can live off less than what he makes. Therefore, he invests some of the rest. Investment income is taxed at a rate lower than earnings. Why - because the government wants to incent investment. Why - because if someone consistently invests long enough, they won't have to depend on the government for part of their sustenance. Therefore, the government won't have to do it. Second, Obama donated a lot of money last year. The government allows a deduction for charitable donations. Why does the government incent these donations - because if individuals are donating directly to those in need, the government won't have to spend as much doing it. Obama in effect directly gave to those in need without sending it through an inefficient government process. These two things are why Obama paid 18% in taxes. He did his part by taking part in his own retirement planning, he directly helped the poor and needy, yet you say he should pay more. You also totally discount the fact Obama paid a whole lot more in taxes than someone making $50,000 per year yet receives not one more governmental right or privilege than the $50,000 person does except for what he gets for being the President.

Obama makes a lot more than the average American because he took advantage of every opportunity given to him, he created his own opportunities, stayed in school, went to college, went to Law school, got a job and made the most of it. He paid a lot of money in education and countless hours getting his degrees and relied on ambition to help him get ahead. You don't consider these facts when comparing tax rates to incomes. How much money do you think a doctor pays to become a doctor? How much time do you think they spend studying to become a doctor? How many years of very low pay on top of the cost and time of education do you think they have to endure before getting a higher income? I don't agree on anything regarding our president, but I applaud him for being a success at what he does. The income goes along with the success. I would rather incent people to get off of governmental assistance rather than incent them to stay on it.

Regarding our current economic crisis, we are well beyond the point where simply raising taxes will solve our problems. Spending cuts will happen, because they have to. This is the only option at this point.

Again, I realize this is only my opinion and no harm intended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min Xstain Mullah Decree 3,086
Quest Bicycle - New Electric Powered Bicycles 6 hr joenewell68 1
Opryland Ice spreading germs not cheer 13 hr Website Operator 7
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 16 hr Johnny 1,867
Knockoff Ugg Boots Thu Jene 4
Guy Hookin-Up going by "Travis S" Thu Gettin it 3
Bass Pro Kettle Corn (Mar '14) Thu Al Henry 6
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web