Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#75247 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...because the Treasury department has their printing presses at red-hot speed printing money maybe?
Nuh_, I can guaran-F-N-T you if that were correct, my Republican friends where I live would be all over me.
You see Nuh_, my Republican friends are like lil Canaries in a Coal Mine. If something is not just perfect beyond belief with the Government, they will start "singing like a canary",bitching, complaining, ect.
Now as for S.S., they must be "happy as a lark", because I have not heard one gripe about it. They even look forward to getting it. "On Time, Everytime"
Then we have the Republicans that have no S.S. to speak of, because all of their life they have been working under the table, and they are still working today.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#75248 Apr 5, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially like the apples to oranges comparison of a family trip as representatives of the USA at the Olympic Games, to seperate trips where Michelle and the kids go to Aspen and ski while Barack goes to Florida to play golf with Tiger.
Bush still holds the record for most vacation days for a president.

Location hidden

#75249 Apr 5, 2013
Ebert wrote:
<quoted text>
How often does that happen?
No one has an accurate estimate as it is almost never reported.

Location hidden

#75250 Apr 5, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bush wasted some money, nobody is denying that. There was massive fraud, waste, and abuse during his reign and he didnt really try too hard to do anything about it.
But what Obama has already done is so much more massive and unbelievable, that it makes Bushes fraud, waste, and abuse look like a mud puddle, when compared to Obamas Oceans of fraud, waste, abuse.
And now, really stupid big government social programs that never work, and cost hundreds of times what they are originally supposed to cost, are all he can come up with, even as the economy is staggering under the weight of government debt.
Obama has already spent more money than all of the previous Presidents combined.
His only new ideas are...more spending, more big government programs (that can never work), taking away of our freedoms, and higher taxes.
In short, ALL of Obamas ideas are bad ones, and he is taking us in the wrong direction.
More "big government?" Like creating a Dept of Homeland Security, perhaps?
stewart smalley

Livingston, TN

#75251 Apr 5, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
More "big government?" Like creating a Dept of Homeland Security, perhaps?
Have there been anymore attacks on The U.S. latley?
TOO FUNNY

Chattanooga, TN

#75252 Apr 5, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where have YOU been? The attacks are never ending and the liberals in Congress aren't gonna stop anytime soon. So far they've attacked America's standard of living, personal wealth, quality of education, entrepreneurship, and America's job creation machinery - small businesses.... Why don't you try waking the HELL UP!

Location hidden

#75253 Apr 5, 2013
TOO FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where have YOU been? The attacks are never ending and the liberals in Congress aren't gonna stop anytime soon. So far they've attacked America's standard of living, personal wealth, quality of education, entrepreneurship, and America's job creation machinery - small businesses.... Why don't you try waking the HELL UP!
When Bush left office, we were losing over 800,000 jobs/month. Selective conservative amnesia, I suppose.

Location hidden

#75254 Apr 5, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, "big government" is good when a Republican institutes it? I understand now. Thank you.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#75255 Apr 5, 2013
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...
Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.
Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.
ROFL! I LIKE this Post! Lol!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#75256 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I can agree with "doctor supervision," but the issue of "parental supervision" gets tricky if Daddy's the one who knocked little Suzy up.
The "morning after" pill actually PREVENTS fertilization. I would think it much safer than an abortion of an actual pregnancy. The time delay and ordeal of getting a doctor’s appointment may be the time needed to avoid a pregnancy.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#75257 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Bush still holds the record for most vacation days for a president.
Bush spent most of those "vacations" on his ranch, not running all over.

Location hidden

#75258 Apr 5, 2013
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 20%--almost 1 in 5---of births to teenage mothers are not their FIRST babies. Those teenagers are evidently doing some things without their parents' permission. Let me amend that to parent's permission because too many of these sad, losing girls and boys are growing up* in a single parent home.
Ponder that, Mr. Outraged.
I used the * with "growing up" because there is something going wrong with the "growing up" process. We parents, extended family, communities, and churches are producing 14 to 18 year-olds who are REproducing before the physical body is mature, before schooling is finished, before training leads to even that FIRST job!
The little girls should not be alone in their responsibility. Little boys should be educated and threatened. They don't know what we smarter adults know and believe unless we tell them and tell them and tell them. But parents and family should most of all supervise! Who the heck ever said you should TRUST your child! Ever thought about the definition of "child"?
For all you Business-minded Posters out there, let me ask you a question...would you take a "New-Hire" to their Work Station...say, "here it is", turn around and walk off, never go back to check on them, and expect them to do anything right???

Well, its the same with Kids...you have to teach them, guide them, be there to answer their questions and show them the right way to live their Life, and sometimes fix their messes until they learn and get the hang of it. When they've proven to you that they've learned and can do the job, then...and only then, do you let them fly on their own without your watching them, even from afar.
But, it's a Lifetime job because there will still be times that they will want, and need, your advice and your help about new situations in their Life and being there for them , at those times, is part of the Lifetime responsibility that you take on when you decide to become a Parent.

Location hidden

#75259 Apr 5, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure of your exact overall point particularly the 'Ponder that Mr. Outrage' part, although I do agree with you that parents should 'supervise' their children.
Setting aside my personal belief against abortion - my issue with this poor decision of the judge is medical. Young girls under 16 have no business being able to just go and get drugs such as this without doctor supervison. Bad things can easily happen.
Nuh, I would suggest that you education yourself about how the "Morning-After" Pill works and what it does. It's really quite simple and safe, and it should ease your Mind and your fears.

Location hidden

#75260 Apr 5, 2013
Ebert wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect, a lot more than you would imagine, from what I've heard and what I've read...and sometimes in Families, that would shock you.
More and more Grown Women are coming forth with what happened to me as Children and many prominent Ones are making the News. So much so, that now it's hardly even news-worthy anymore...or maybe, the attitude of the Conservatives toward Women has tended to discourage the reporting of it, other than by Women's Advocacy Sources.
whatthewhat

Sparta, TN

#75261 Apr 5, 2013
Ebert wrote:
<quoted text>
10-15% of the population reports at least once incident of incestuous sexual contact during their childhood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest#Prevalenc...

The citations for that wikipedia article are provided at the bottom if that stat is "inconvenient" for your worldview.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#75262 Apr 5, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
The "morning after" pill actually PREVENTS fertilization. I would think it much safer than an abortion of an actual pregnancy. The time delay and ordeal of getting a doctor’s appointment may be the time needed to avoid a pregnancy.
How many kids do you know that have the $10-100 (according to sites I have checked) to buy the pill?

I wonder how long it will be before they will have to provide them free?

Location hidden

#75263 Apr 5, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially like the apples to oranges comparison of a family trip as representatives of the USA at the Olympic Games, to seperate trips where Michelle and the kids go to Aspen and ski while Barack goes to Florida to play golf with Tiger.
He didn't go as a U.S. Representative and it's easy to see that, as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about! But, when did that ever stop you?
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#75264 Apr 5, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
How many kids do you know that have the $10-100 (according to sites I have checked) to buy the pill?
I wonder how long it will be before they will have to provide them free?
My question to you would be - why are you checking sites to buy the pill old man?

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#75265 Apr 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh, I would suggest that you education yourself about how the "Morning-After" Pill works and what it does. It's really quite simple and safe, and it should ease your Mind and your fears.
Safe? According to who? The FDA? You remembee them? The same ones who every few months reverse a previous position on the safety, or danger of a product? Just Google "FDA reversals".

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#75266 Apr 5, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to you would be - why are you checking sites to buy the pill old man?
Simple answer. As a mostly conservative man, I know these things are not free and I wanted you to know the cost before your kids come and steal it from your wallet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 19 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 2,903
Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) 11 hr In the closet 765
Nancy Van Camp (Apr '12) 11 hr suspicion 24
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... Fri ronnie 6
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Dec 19 b1234here 1,861
Opryland Ice spreading germs not cheer Dec 18 Coldasice 1
impeach Obama (Nov '13) Dec 18 Go Blue Forever 71
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nashville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nashville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:00 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:00PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 4:04 PM
Highlights, Recap for Pats vs. Jets
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?