Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 2,979)

Showing posts 59,561 - 59,580 of140,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vladimir Putin

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
Vladimir, the strangest thing just happened. Send me a message and I'll tell you about it. Lol!
Sorry I can't send messages.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
Well...Dunlapian, OT, OA, Unreal, and maybe one or Two More, have ALL left. Since those are the ONLY Ones that I enjoy talking to on here, it's time for me to leave the Snake Pit, too, and let you Poisonous Pit Vipers pass the venom, back and forth, amongst yourselves!
Oh, how I long for the "Good Ole Days", BT...Before Trolls!
Maam, you bring all of this on yourself. If you could just refrain from using words such as "idiots, stupid, FU and other vulgarities when expressing your displeasure with someone who disagrees with you, it might help. You might try asking those who don't think like you why they think like they do. You might get an intelligent response that may entice you to think differently about something or at least gain an understanding why someone would not think like you. It's perfectly ok to have an opinion on politics. It's simply disrespectful to abuse others who don't share your opinion. Back and forth discussions between people of opposing opinions can be a knowledgeable experience. Back and forth bantering yields nothing, especially when it involves personal attacks. Nobody is ever going to change their opinion on something simply because they have been called an "idiot." You have tried that numerous times, but is has yet to work. Maybe by trying to understand how someone developed that opinion you could try to eliminate the controversy you always seem to be in the middle of. In my opinion at least, that is the only way you are ever going to go back and enjoy this forum like you used to.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

what did you expect wrote:
So, you can't tell the difference between a News Story announcing the sale and "taking heat"? Oh, of course you can't, you're used to Fox Fake News sensationalizing everything!
It's an old Story too, in the fast-moving News world, you do know that, don't you...and that it was posted several days ago and discussed then?
Are you always this far behind on News Stories?
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
I'll bet the Republicans and the Tea Party WILL and HAVE!
----------
"Democrats: We Won't Sell Voter Data For Commercial Use."
Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/democrats-w...
What are you betting... your government assistance check????
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I figured you out a long time ago. You are a liar. Feel free to borrow my <<>> signs. You have long been an imitation of me but I'll always be the real deal, love.
<<yawn>>
She/it copies everything from everyone! Never an original thought!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, I could be wrong, but wasn't warrantless wiretaps having to go before the FISA Court, done away with after 9/11...possibly in the Patriot Act?
I used to feel the same way you do about all the other Issues you mentioned. But, Al Qaeda has spread out Worldwide and some say that there are even Sleeper Cells already in this Country, just waiting for the "Right" time to strike us, again...and that has made me rethink my position. It's very difficult to "fight fair" and win when your enemy isn't and doesn't intend to!
And how do you capture an American who is right in the middle of an Al Qaeda Stronghold, planning and plotting to attack Americans in this Country, in a place like Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iran, or any of those Countries that have exploded since the Middle East has become so unsettled, before he can plan and execute another attack on us REAL Americans?
I see no reason why an American Civilian, who isn't guilty of Treason, would be in an Al Qaeda-infiltrated Country, right in the midst of Al Qaeda Members, and they not kill him, unless he's One of them. If that's possible to do, I'm not aware of it. We've been fighting for so long and it has done so much damage to us and our Troops that if we can take Al Qaeda Members out, regardless of their Nationality, without harming another American Military Member, then I say do it! If you're an Innocent American, then don't go into Al Qaeda Strongholds. You have no reason to, as far as I can see! If you do, then do so at your own risk!
I don't believe our country would give you permission to go there, anyway, so you would have to be there illegally. That, alone, would pretty much tell me that you're a Traitor!
The Bush Administration warrantless wiretap program was brought to light by (if memory serves) The New York Times. Gonzales argued that it was legal under the "Patriot Act" just as the Obama administration now makes the case that the killing of American Citizens overseas without oversight is legal, but under pressure, Bush and Co. returned to using the FISA court in 2007...partly under pressure from Congress and probably because they knew it was going to be found unconstitutional in the courts. In 2008 Congress revisited the FISA Court issue, streamlining the program and allowing faster decisions on warrantless wiretaps. The Obama administration claims they are following the procedure Congress laid out of presenting requests to the FISA Court in all cases requiring warrantless wiretaps. I hope so, since this is the law.
While I see your point...not fighting "fair" as you put it, makes us as bad as those we attempt to defeat. This is the same argument I made regarding torture. If we torture prisoners, we have no moral authority to condemn other countries that do likewise. I have never known of an instance where the end justified the means, but should we choose to go down that road...there is no stop on the spiral downward.
I personally, have no problem with the use of drones to target al Quieda members who are plotting to kill Americans...but when the target is an American citizen, I think the standard must respect the rights granted to that citizen under the Constitution, or there is no guarantee that your and my rights will not be the next to be shredded.
Finally, and respectfully, while I agree that Americans probably have no business traveling to the hotbeds of Islamic unrest around the globe, the "government" has no right to tell me where I can or can't go in the world, I do not need their "permission" to travel anywhere I wish, without becoming a target of my own government. Basicially, either there is a constitution granting rights to American citizens, and a rule of law...or there isn't.
Again, I respect your opinion and your right to have one...but we still disagree.
Really Sassy is so sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>She/it copies everything from everyone! Never an original thought!
She is so stupid she cant even read. The topic is so old like her and it says:

"Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?" Not gimme attention everybody because Im old and stupid. I hope she says hi to satan when she finally bites the dust. Cause she has nver brought anyone any joy. JMO. The only reason I say that is based on her chat style I dont think she knows God. duh
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy is so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?" Not gimme attention everybody because Im old and stupid. I hope she says hi to satan when she finally bites the dust. Cause she has nver brought anyone any joy. JMO. The only reason I say that is based on her chat style I dont think she knows God. duh
Well, that is a fine Christian attitude...."I hope she says hi to Satan" in one sentence followed shortly by "I don't think she knows God". Maybe you should work on how well YOU know God, before condemning others.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, that is a fine Christian attitude...."I hope she says hi to Satan" in one sentence followed shortly by "I don't think she knows God". Maybe you should work on how well YOU know God, before condemning others.
why dnt u tell him wen u get ther?
bozo palace

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Why isn't the NY Times investigating Senator Bob Menendez's (D - NJ) involvement with underage prostitutes with his Miami Dr friend? The FBI is on top of it, and the NY Times ignores it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Maam, you bring all of this on yourself. If you could just refrain from using words such as "idiots, stupid, FU and other vulgarities when expressing your displeasure with someone who disagrees with you, it might help. You might try asking those who don't think like you why they think like they do. You might get an intelligent response that may entice you to think differently about something or at least gain an understanding why someone would not think like you. It's perfectly ok to have an opinion on politics. It's simply disrespectful to abuse others who don't share your opinion. Back and forth discussions between people of opposing opinions can be a knowledgeable experience. Back and forth bantering yields nothing, especially when it involves personal attacks. Nobody is ever going to change their opinion on something simply because they have been called an "idiot." You have tried that numerous times, but is has yet to work. Maybe by trying to understand how someone developed that opinion you could try to eliminate the controversy you always seem to be in the middle of. In my opinion at least, that is the only way you are ever going to go back and enjoy this forum like you used to.
I noticed you never scold the conservative posters for much worse examples of the same behavior...
Really Sassy is so sad wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

bozo palace wrote:
Why isn't the NY Times investigating Senator Bob Menendez's (D - NJ) involvement with underage prostitutes with his Miami Dr friend? The FBI is on top of it, and the NY Times ignores it.
Hmmmm...maybe because they've already reported on it several days ago. I posted the Link! In fact, I've posted 2 of them about it!
You know, if you People would , at least, read the Headline to the Links I put up and then, look at the Source that's always in the Link that you click on, you wouldn't make idiotic posts like this. You are ignorant by choice and for that, you deserve to be called "stupid"!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you never scold the conservative posters for much worse examples of the same behavior...
<quoted text>
They're Teapublicans, OA, so you can't expect anything rational, intelligent, honest, truthful, or fair to come from them. If you do, you'll be disappointed...it's a "given"!
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
When did you decide Pete must challenge every other poster in the entire topix population in order to challenge a specific person? Rather presumptious on your part isn't it? I think it is, especially considering this was a specific person Pete had been extensively engaged with.
Your question reveals an obvious bias, to insinuate Pete must divide posting time between conservatives and liberals..how stupid! What about moderates, independents and so forth? If you had followed the postings as I did you would have understood what the exchanges were all about.
It isn't you prerogative to establish who another poster challenges. It would've been obvious to an honest idiot what the exchanges were about. I realize you routinely stumble over the obvious, but it's difficult for smart people to ignore disturbing personalities who not only adopt numerous psuedonyms, but begin to create life circumstances and story lines around them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> The Bush Administration warrantless wiretap program was brought to light by (if memory serves) The New York Times. Gonzales argued that it was legal under the "Patriot Act" just as the Obama administration now makes the case that the killing of American Citizens overseas without oversight is legal, but under pressure, Bush and Co. returned to using the FISA court in 2007...partly under pressure from Congress and probably because they knew it was going to be found unconstitutional in the courts. In 2008 Congress revisited the FISA Court issue, streamlining the program and allowing faster decisions on warrantless wiretaps. The Obama administration claims they are following the procedure Congress laid out of presenting requests to the FISA Court in all cases requiring warrantless wiretaps. I hope so, since this is the law.
While I see your point...not fighting "fair" as you put it, makes us as bad as those we attempt to defeat. This is the same argument I made regarding torture. If we torture prisoners, we have no moral authority to condemn other countries that do likewise. I have never known of an instance where the end justified the means, but should we choose to go down that road...there is no stop on the spiral downward.
I personally, have no problem with the use of drones to target al Quieda members who are plotting to kill Americans...but when the target is an American citizen, I think the standard must respect the rights granted to that citizen under the Constitution, or there is no guarantee that your and my rights will not be the next to be shredded.
Finally, and respectfully, while I agree that Americans probably have no business traveling to the hotbeds of Islamic unrest around the globe, the "government" has no right to tell me where I can or can't go in the world, I do not need their "permission" to travel anywhere I wish, without becoming a target of my own government. Basicially, either there is a constitution granting rights to American citizens, and a rule of law...or there isn't.
Again, I respect your opinion and your right to have one...but we still disagree.
I stand corrected, OT. after you refreshed my memory, I believe that you are absolutely correct about the FISA Court and Warrantless Wiretap Issue.
You also make some very good points about going down the Road that might someday be used against innocent Americans. I would hope that, if and when Al Qaeda is no longer a threat to any of us Americans, Congress would see to it that no future President would abuse what's being done now, in this seemingly never-ending War that we're involved in. But, we have no guarantee of that! And frankly, with some of the unbelievable things Congress has done in recent times...or failed to do...I don't trust them to care enough about this Country or it's Patriotic Citizens to reverse anything that might be put in place under Special Conditions, such as we are living in now.
So, I'm right back riding the fence again! It's terrible when you don't even trust the People you send to Washington to represent you and to guard your Rights enough to depend on them to do the correct thing, in a time of War. It gives one a very insecure feeling, just because of the Country One lives in. how much things have changed in such a comparatively short amount of time! I'm thinking of WWII and how much the People had to take on Faith from this Nation's Leaders' word, alone! And now, we are actually afraid of what our Leaders may do, or not do, as the case may be. As a Nation, we are bound to suffer because of that loss of Faith, even though it's justified!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Vladimir Putin wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I can't send messages.
You must not be who I think you are or you would have known that I was not talking about on Topix.

Sorry, my mistake, I guess!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right OA. I don't condone this type of behavior whether it is coming from a Liberal or Conservative. I simply felt RRS's vendetta was a little more personal. I got the feeling he knows RS personally and I didn't want to step into a personal situation. However, if that is not the case and RRS is reading this, you are doing exactly what you are condemning RS for. That isn't going to achieve any results as well.

I am not trying to be a symbol of valor or anything like that, but I like to think I am a human being first and my political considerations are secondary to that. Nobody should be personally attacked or abused based simply on their beliefs.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...maybe because they've already reported on it several days ago. I posted the Link! In fact, I've posted 2 of them about it!
You know, if you People would , at least, read the Headline to the Links I put up and then, look at the Source that's always in the Link that you click on, you wouldn't make idiotic posts like this. You are ignorant by choice and for that, you deserve to be called "stupid"!
Now you have made yet another enemy ... and the cycle continues. This is painful to watch.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear really, really bitter and I'm not sure why.
For me it's your avatar. It smells Really Really bad!

I just don't get what the panties around the ankles is supposed to mean anyway. If I didn't know the identity (or one of them) of the poster, I might infer a theme of seduction here..but the idea that someone just had an embarrassing accident is more probable!

My skunk killing dog gets up, gags, and leaves the room every time this comes up on my screen...so do I.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
"Liberal In Domestic Issues, Obama A Hawk On War."
Click here:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBA...
only against those Americans. He is just trying to get something in place so his citizen army can do what it needs to legally to quell a big threat here in the ole USA. OOPS Got carried away there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,561 - 59,580 of140,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 4 min guest 1,414
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 9 hr WTH 8,896
Gander 11 hr Goose 1
thong swimsuits 17 hr Al Henry 6
100 Weekend Road Trips From Nashville 18 hr Joe In Nashville 1
$25 20 hr Money girl 1
Tim McGraw Slaps Woman 21 hr KyJunction 5
•••
•••