Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#65691 Feb 9, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Nixon didn't have these powers. He could have taken out Bill Ayres and Bernadine Dorne, the Black Panthers, and the FALN guys Clinton pardoned.
Nixon basicially said that if the President does it it is legal..by that measure if he had chosen to do so...he had the power and it was legal ! Chuckles !! Still...by the new standards of the Republican Party, Nixon would be classified today, as a liberal Democrat. That is how far right the party has moved.
Do you have an opinion on targeted killing of Americans in the drone program ?
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#65692 Feb 9, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> "Coherant text" ? A couple of hundred words to say what could be said in two sentences is coherant text ? Have you read any of the posts from the majority of the folks who agree with your political assessments on this thread ? You know the ones, who use "band" for banned, and have spelling issues with a lot of five lettered words ?
Since you think the English language is going to Hell in a handbasket, why don't you try using a little King James era english on them ? That will get them to take notice ! They might even mistake you for a Saint !
Oh, you're feeling insecure again. Look, two sentences are fine, stop feeling inadequate! You'll never see me complain about lesser texting from you, what you produce makes me miserable enough!

Your complaint of spelling infractions by others isn't my problem, but if it's this stressful for you, we might contact Topix administrators and submit your name as a candidate for "spelling police"! I figure we could all chip-in and get you some spandex and a cape! You might feel better about yourself.

Yes, instead of ridiculing my friends who mis-spell, you could enjoy sending full length pictures of yourself to your friends with crippling peronality dissorder, including all of their imaginary friends! Imagine, you could be a hero all over the place...to people you don't even know, to people we don't even know, to people who don't really even exist! You hang in there...
Vladimir Putin

Kiev, Ukraine

#65693 Feb 9, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Nixon basicially said that if the President does it it is legal..by that measure if he had chosen to do so...he had the power and it was legal ! Chuckles !! Still...by the new standards of the Republican Party, Nixon would be classified today, as a liberal Democrat. That is how far right the party has moved.
Do you have an opinion on targeted killing of Americans in the drone program ?
America will fold in on it's-self is going on right now before my eyes, and it's all to thank for your weak president he should take a bow.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#65694 Feb 9, 2013
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're feeling insecure again. Look, two sentences are fine, stop feeling inadequate! You'll never see me complain about lesser texting from you, what you produce makes me miserable enough!
Your complaint of spelling infractions by others isn't my problem, but if it's this stressful for you, we might contact Topix administrators and submit your name as a candidate for "spelling police"! I figure we could all chip-in and get you some spandex and a cape! You might feel better about yourself.
Yes, instead of ridiculing my friends who mis-spell, you could enjoy sending full length pictures of yourself to your friends with crippling peronality dissorder, including all of their imaginary friends! Imagine, you could be a hero all over the place...to people you don't even know, to people we don't even know, to people who don't really even exist! You hang in there...
You think I feel insecure ? Now that's funny coming from someone who spends an inordinate amount of time repetedly judging other's posts while creating "Carol" and other personalities to agree with you ! You are slipping...you didn't cram as much flowery language into your reply as usual, were you in a hurry ? It's been fun...but I have some work to do...that should give you plenty of time to repeatedly judge this post ! Have fun !!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65695 Feb 9, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
Linda, I watched the Brennan hearing last night, and I agree for the most part, he seemed open and honest. It looked like he will be confirmed easily, and I liked him better after hearing his testimony, than I did before...BUT, I still have a BIG problem with the lack of oversight to the targeted killing of Americans. In my mind, if warrantless wiretaps require a ruling fron a FISA court, the targeted killing of an American citizen should at least meet THAT minimum standard, although I would favor a higher one.
Thw "white paper" on this issue basicially says that if the President does it it is legal...and that seems Nixonian in it's overreach to me. I like Obama, but he isn't God, and truthfully, I resent anyone in government who begins to act as if they are.
I didn't like torture, unlimited detention without due process, rendition, Gitmo, and the weak kneed folks who thought our courts, which we brag are models of justice to the rest of the world, were unable to effectively try terrorists. Not because these were Bush II policies but because to me, they were decidedly unamerican policies, and I refuse to be a hypocrite for Obama. Feel free to disagree,(anyone who wishes to) since this is just my opinion...in fact, I look forward to the opinions of others.
OT, I could be wrong, but wasn't warrantless wiretaps having to go before the FISA Court, done away with after 9/11...possibly in the Patriot Act?
I used to feel the same way you do about all the other Issues you mentioned. But, Al Qaeda has spread out Worldwide and some say that there are even Sleeper Cells already in this Country, just waiting for the "Right" time to strike us, again...and that has made me rethink my position. It's very difficult to "fight fair" and win when your enemy isn't and doesn't intend to!
And how do you capture an American who is right in the middle of an Al Qaeda Stronghold, planning and plotting to attack Americans in this Country, in a place like Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iran, or any of those Countries that have exploded since the Middle East has become so unsettled, before he can plan and execute another attack on us REAL Americans?
I see no reason why an American Civilian, who isn't guilty of Treason, would be in an Al Qaeda-infiltrated Country, right in the midst of Al Qaeda Members, and they not kill him, unless he's One of them. If that's possible to do, I'm not aware of it. We've been fighting for so long and it has done so much damage to us and our Troops that if we can take Al Qaeda Members out, regardless of their Nationality, without harming another American Military Member, then I say do it! If you're an Innocent American, then don't go into Al Qaeda Strongholds. You have no reason to, as far as I can see! If you do, then do so at your own risk!
I don't believe our country would give you permission to go there, anyway, so you would have to be there illegally. That, alone, would pretty much tell me that you're a Traitor!
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#65696 Feb 9, 2013
This is the politically astute crowd our president caters to with free phones and other tax-payer funded percs!

I ask friends to watch this important video and pay close attention to the signs in the crowd and interviews in the video. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/TGorLU - click to watch video
what did you expect

Paris, TN

#65697 Feb 9, 2013
Former US Vice President and still fully devoted global environmentalist Al Gore last week took a lot of heat and ridicule for dumping his viewer-starved Current TV cable network for $500 million. He sold it to Al Jazeera, owned by the oil-rich Islamic monarchy and global environment-polluter Qatar.

Goreís money-first hypocrisy in this matter is so self-evident that itís hardly worth further ink. For $500 million he chose to fasten a ďKick MeĒ sign to both his back and front. At least he didnít go for cheap, ya know?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gore...

Location hidden

#65698 Feb 9, 2013
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now we see WILLARD's true colors show through...that "Good Christian" who does so love to quote the Bible, but obviously doesn"t believe a word of it, or live by it! But, most of us had already figured out that he was just a Big Phony, anyway.
Who was it who "testified " to WILLARD'S credentials as an "authority" on the Bible and as a Scholar??? Oh yes, it was "Vet", the same Poster who guaranteed that his good Friend, owner of Chic-A-Fil, would NRVER back down on his Company's opinion of Gays! LMAO!
I don't blame Vet, I'd disappear too, after 2 embarrassing humiliations! Lol!

Location hidden

#65699 Feb 9, 2013
what did you expect wrote:
Former US Vice President and still fully devoted global environmentalist Al Gore last week took a lot of heat and ridicule for dumping his viewer-starved Current TV cable network for $500 million. He sold it to Al Jazeera, owned by the oil-rich Islamic monarchy and global environment-polluter Qatar.
Goreís money-first hypocrisy in this matter is so self-evident that itís hardly worth further ink. For $500 million he chose to fasten a ďKick MeĒ sign to both his back and front. At least he didnít go for cheap, ya know?
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gore...
NY Post...owned by Rupert Murdock of Fox Fake News, or the "Moonies", I forget which One. Oh well, it doesn't matter, they're both just about the same on truthfulness. Propaganda Publications!

Location hidden

#65700 Feb 9, 2013
Vladimir Putin wrote:
<quoted text>America will fold in on it's-self is going on right now before my eyes, and it's all to thank for your weak president he should take a bow.
Sweetie, you really need to stop reading all those Teapublican Websites. They'll drive you nuts and make you paranoid before you go insane!
what did you expect

Paris, TN

#65701 Feb 9, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
NY Post...owned by Rupert Murdock of Fox Fake News, or the "Moonies", I forget which One. Oh well, it doesn't matter, they're both just about the same on truthfulness. Propaganda Publications!
CBS News. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-575617...

NBC News. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbcs-matt-lauer-gr...

Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/201...

Yahoo News.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinion/kurtz-g...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/201...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff/2013/01...

Propaganda? Think NOT!
what did you expect

Paris, TN

#65702 Feb 9, 2013
Yahoo News. Why Al Gore sold Current TV to Al Jazeera
http://news.yahoo.com/why-al-gore-sold-curren...

Location hidden

#65703 Feb 9, 2013
Vladimir, the strangest thing just happened. Send me a message and I'll tell you about it. Lol!
Vladimir Putin

Moscow, Russia

#65704 Feb 9, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
Vladimir, the strangest thing just happened. Send me a message and I'll tell you about it. Lol!
Sorry I can't send messages.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#65705 Feb 9, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
Well...Dunlapian, OT, OA, Unreal, and maybe one or Two More, have ALL left. Since those are the ONLY Ones that I enjoy talking to on here, it's time for me to leave the Snake Pit, too, and let you Poisonous Pit Vipers pass the venom, back and forth, amongst yourselves!
Oh, how I long for the "Good Ole Days", BT...Before Trolls!
Maam, you bring all of this on yourself. If you could just refrain from using words such as "idiots, stupid, FU and other vulgarities when expressing your displeasure with someone who disagrees with you, it might help. You might try asking those who don't think like you why they think like they do. You might get an intelligent response that may entice you to think differently about something or at least gain an understanding why someone would not think like you. It's perfectly ok to have an opinion on politics. It's simply disrespectful to abuse others who don't share your opinion. Back and forth discussions between people of opposing opinions can be a knowledgeable experience. Back and forth bantering yields nothing, especially when it involves personal attacks. Nobody is ever going to change their opinion on something simply because they have been called an "idiot." You have tried that numerous times, but is has yet to work. Maybe by trying to understand how someone developed that opinion you could try to eliminate the controversy you always seem to be in the middle of. In my opinion at least, that is the only way you are ever going to go back and enjoy this forum like you used to.

Location hidden

#65706 Feb 9, 2013
what did you expect wrote:
So, you can't tell the difference between a News Story announcing the sale and "taking heat"? Oh, of course you can't, you're used to Fox Fake News sensationalizing everything!
It's an old Story too, in the fast-moving News world, you do know that, don't you...and that it was posted several days ago and discussed then?
Are you always this far behind on News Stories?
Goodbye

United States

#65707 Feb 9, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
I'll bet the Republicans and the Tea Party WILL and HAVE!
----------
"Democrats: We Won't Sell Voter Data For Commercial Use."
Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/democrats-w...
What are you betting... your government assistance check????
Goodbye

United States

#65708 Feb 9, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I figured you out a long time ago. You are a liar. Feel free to borrow my <<>> signs. You have long been an imitation of me but I'll always be the real deal, love.
<<yawn>>
She/it copies everything from everyone! Never an original thought!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#65709 Feb 9, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, I could be wrong, but wasn't warrantless wiretaps having to go before the FISA Court, done away with after 9/11...possibly in the Patriot Act?
I used to feel the same way you do about all the other Issues you mentioned. But, Al Qaeda has spread out Worldwide and some say that there are even Sleeper Cells already in this Country, just waiting for the "Right" time to strike us, again...and that has made me rethink my position. It's very difficult to "fight fair" and win when your enemy isn't and doesn't intend to!
And how do you capture an American who is right in the middle of an Al Qaeda Stronghold, planning and plotting to attack Americans in this Country, in a place like Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iran, or any of those Countries that have exploded since the Middle East has become so unsettled, before he can plan and execute another attack on us REAL Americans?
I see no reason why an American Civilian, who isn't guilty of Treason, would be in an Al Qaeda-infiltrated Country, right in the midst of Al Qaeda Members, and they not kill him, unless he's One of them. If that's possible to do, I'm not aware of it. We've been fighting for so long and it has done so much damage to us and our Troops that if we can take Al Qaeda Members out, regardless of their Nationality, without harming another American Military Member, then I say do it! If you're an Innocent American, then don't go into Al Qaeda Strongholds. You have no reason to, as far as I can see! If you do, then do so at your own risk!
I don't believe our country would give you permission to go there, anyway, so you would have to be there illegally. That, alone, would pretty much tell me that you're a Traitor!
The Bush Administration warrantless wiretap program was brought to light by (if memory serves) The New York Times. Gonzales argued that it was legal under the "Patriot Act" just as the Obama administration now makes the case that the killing of American Citizens overseas without oversight is legal, but under pressure, Bush and Co. returned to using the FISA court in 2007...partly under pressure from Congress and probably because they knew it was going to be found unconstitutional in the courts. In 2008 Congress revisited the FISA Court issue, streamlining the program and allowing faster decisions on warrantless wiretaps. The Obama administration claims they are following the procedure Congress laid out of presenting requests to the FISA Court in all cases requiring warrantless wiretaps. I hope so, since this is the law.
While I see your point...not fighting "fair" as you put it, makes us as bad as those we attempt to defeat. This is the same argument I made regarding torture. If we torture prisoners, we have no moral authority to condemn other countries that do likewise. I have never known of an instance where the end justified the means, but should we choose to go down that road...there is no stop on the spiral downward.
I personally, have no problem with the use of drones to target al Quieda members who are plotting to kill Americans...but when the target is an American citizen, I think the standard must respect the rights granted to that citizen under the Constitution, or there is no guarantee that your and my rights will not be the next to be shredded.
Finally, and respectfully, while I agree that Americans probably have no business traveling to the hotbeds of Islamic unrest around the globe, the "government" has no right to tell me where I can or can't go in the world, I do not need their "permission" to travel anywhere I wish, without becoming a target of my own government. Basicially, either there is a constitution granting rights to American citizens, and a rule of law...or there isn't.
Again, I respect your opinion and your right to have one...but we still disagree.
Really Sassy is so sad

United States

#65710 Feb 9, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>She/it copies everything from everyone! Never an original thought!
She is so stupid she cant even read. The topic is so old like her and it says:

"Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?" Not gimme attention everybody because Im old and stupid. I hope she says hi to satan when she finally bites the dust. Cause she has nver brought anyone any joy. JMO. The only reason I say that is based on her chat style I dont think she knows God. duh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warning ebloa is spreading!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 min nunya 8
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 16 min cpeter1313 1,772
Tennessee Football 2 hr Go vols 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 6 hr ghandi 1,693
Adam Hill 9 hr Beware 9
Do you know her? Trying to find my sister! 15 hr sRN 4
Carpet cleaning (Feb '13) 21 hr Jerry Boggs 14
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville Jobs