Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 2,978)

Showing posts 59,541 - 59,560 of140,495
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Linda, I watched the Brennan hearing last night, and I agree for the most part, he seemed open and honest. It looked like he will be confirmed easily, and I liked him better after hearing his testimony, than I did before...BUT, I still have a BIG problem with the lack of oversight to the targeted killing of Americans. In my mind, if warrantless wiretaps require a ruling fron a FISA court, the targeted killing of an American citizen should at least meet THAT minimum standard, although I would favor a higher one.
Thw "white paper" on this issue basicially says that if the President does it it is legal...and that seems Nixonian in it's overreach to me. I like Obama, but he isn't God, and truthfully, I resent anyone in government who begins to act as if they are.
I didn't like torture, unlimited detention without due process, rendition, Gitmo, and the weak kneed folks who thought our courts, which we brag are models of justice to the rest of the world, were unable to effectively try terrorists. Not because these were Bush II policies but because to me, they were decidedly unamerican policies, and I refuse to be a hypocrite for Obama. Feel free to disagree,(anyone who wishes to) since this is just my opinion...in fact, I look forward to the opinions of others.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

flashback21 wrote:
<quoted text>So you know a "HE" that wears heels and lipstick? That creeps me out.
I don't know why! You talk to him more on here than I do! Do you and he exchange Fashion Hints?
As a Troll, most of the Ones you "chummy" with probably wear Heels and Lipstick...haven't you already figured that out? You need them to draw you a picture? Duh!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, You've been the most ardent critic of my posts, referring to coherent text as "flowery" and complaining you didn't understand them! You seem comfortable attacking my posts because you despise the fact that you're incompetent and entirely incapable of keeping up. You actually seem to think you're slick enough to mask your impotence under the guise of being offended by "flowery" language. You're so busted, and have been for a long time!
It's not what you want to hear, but Sassy's postings are far superior to yours, and always have been. Here, you're employing the same indecent tactic against her, in a most dishonorable way.
Why not be constructive with your time? I think you and your fellow moron should consider a start-up business together. I was thinking..maybe a consultant firm! We might call it "Dumber & Dumbest Inc.," I'll let you imbeciles fight over who gets top billing. The way I see it....it's a toss-up!
"Coherant text" ? A couple of hundred words to say what could be said in two sentences is coherant text ? Have you read any of the posts from the majority of the folks who agree with your political assessments on this thread ? You know the ones, who use "band" for banned, and have spelling issues with a lot of five lettered words ?
Since you think the English language is going to Hell in a handbasket, why don't you try using a little King James era english on them ? That will get them to take notice ! They might even mistake you for a Saint !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to tell you any personal information because it's none of your business but feel free to go ahead a shoot yourself. JK. I'd feel terrible if you did that I really, really would. I don't hate anyone I just don't approve of the way you react towards others.
I didn't know I needed your approval and I certainly didn't ask for it. News Flash! I couldn't care less whether you approve of anything that I do or not! You're not exactly my ideal person either, and that's putting it mildly, but I've got sense enough to know, that's not important to you or anybody else! Apparently, you don't!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
Linda, I watched the Brennan hearing last night, and I agree for the most part, he seemed open and honest. It looked like he will be confirmed easily, and I liked him better after hearing his testimony, than I did before...BUT, I still have a BIG problem with the lack of oversight to the targeted killing of Americans. In my mind, if warrantless wiretaps require a ruling fron a FISA court, the targeted killing of an American citizen should at least meet THAT minimum standard, although I would favor a higher one.
Thw "white paper" on this issue basicially says that if the President does it it is legal...and that seems Nixonian in it's overreach to me. I like Obama, but he isn't God, and truthfully, I resent anyone in government who begins to act as if they are.
I didn't like torture, unlimited detention without due process, rendition, Gitmo, and the weak kneed folks who thought our courts, which we brag are models of justice to the rest of the world, were unable to effectively try terrorists. Not because these were Bush II policies but because to me, they were decidedly unamerican policies, and I refuse to be a hypocrite for Obama. Feel free to disagree,(anyone who wishes to) since this is just my opinion...in fact, I look forward to the opinions of others.
Too bad Nixon didn't have these powers. He could have taken out Bill Ayres and Bernadine Dorne, the Black Panthers, and the FALN guys Clinton pardoned.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know I needed your approval and I certainly didn't ask for it. News Flash! I couldn't care less whether you approve of anything that I do or not! You're not exactly my ideal person either, and that's putting it mildly, but I've got sense enough to know, that's not important to you or anybody else! Apparently, you don't!
You appear really, really bitter and I'm not sure why.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, first, I respect your courtesy and maturity at how you respond to others who don't necessarily agree with you. I enjoy hearing viewpoint from "the other side", but I don't like to get bashed for having my own. Anyway, I appreciate your demeanor, it is refreshing.
Second, I will stand corrected. I went to another US Treasury site to get something that was written a little plainer and it confirmed what you are saying. Here is an excerpt from this link:
Foreign Ownership of U.S. Debt:
As of September 2012 (most recent data), foreigners held $5.455 trillion, or roughly one third of total U.S. debt. China holds $1.155 trillion and Japan owns $1.131 trillion. The oil exporting countries are the third largest holders, at $267 billion, with Brazil next at $251 billion. The Caribbean Banking Centers are fifth, holding $240 billion. The Bureau of International Settlements suspects that much of the holdings of the Caribbean centers, as well as Luxembourg (holding $148 billion) and Belgium ($134 billion) are fronts for the oil-exporting countries or hedge funds that do not wish to be identified. The next largest holders -- Taiwan, Switzerland, Russia, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong -- own between $135-$191 billion each.(Source: Foreign Holding of U.S. Treasury Securities, November 16, 2012; U.S. Treasury report ”Petrodollars and Global Imbalances”, February 2006)
I will gladly admit when I am wrong, and I am wrong regarding my statement that half of every taypayer's dollar goes to pay foreign interest. I don't want anyone thinking I am simply blasting the opposing party without having any facts. In this case, I had the facts and then utterly destroyed the math used in my statement. I apologize for that.
The point of my original post was to refute a statement by one of the more opinionated posters on here bashing the wealthy and accusing them of sending all their money overseas to evade taxes, which is simply not true. I wanted to point out the U.S. Government does exactly what she is accusing the wealthy of doing but never mentions this fact. I got my math wrong, but the principle is still the same; we spend a lot of tax dollars on foreign owned debt. I think you would agree with me on this.
I learned a little something more than I did before and I thank you OT for enticing me to check it out. I stand corrected on this.
Thank you "Pete". I learned something from the site you provided as well. I was not aware of how much inerest is paid by the govt. to holders of U.S. Savings bonds, and it was not included in the CBO estimate of interest payments from our government, but was provided on the Treasury site you posted. That brings me to a question...I wonder why there has not been a major push to get Americans to buy savings bonds instead of borrowing from foreign countries ? War bonds helped to provide cash for WWII and, this could be a way for Americans to do the patriotic thing and keep those interest payments and control here in this country. Your thoughts ?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Nixon didn't have these powers. He could have taken out Bill Ayres and Bernadine Dorne, the Black Panthers, and the FALN guys Clinton pardoned.
Nixon basicially said that if the President does it it is legal..by that measure if he had chosen to do so...he had the power and it was legal ! Chuckles !! Still...by the new standards of the Republican Party, Nixon would be classified today, as a liberal Democrat. That is how far right the party has moved.
Do you have an opinion on targeted killing of Americans in the drone program ?
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> "Coherant text" ? A couple of hundred words to say what could be said in two sentences is coherant text ? Have you read any of the posts from the majority of the folks who agree with your political assessments on this thread ? You know the ones, who use "band" for banned, and have spelling issues with a lot of five lettered words ?
Since you think the English language is going to Hell in a handbasket, why don't you try using a little King James era english on them ? That will get them to take notice ! They might even mistake you for a Saint !
Oh, you're feeling insecure again. Look, two sentences are fine, stop feeling inadequate! You'll never see me complain about lesser texting from you, what you produce makes me miserable enough!

Your complaint of spelling infractions by others isn't my problem, but if it's this stressful for you, we might contact Topix administrators and submit your name as a candidate for "spelling police"! I figure we could all chip-in and get you some spandex and a cape! You might feel better about yourself.

Yes, instead of ridiculing my friends who mis-spell, you could enjoy sending full length pictures of yourself to your friends with crippling peronality dissorder, including all of their imaginary friends! Imagine, you could be a hero all over the place...to people you don't even know, to people we don't even know, to people who don't really even exist! You hang in there...
Vladimir Putin

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Nixon basicially said that if the President does it it is legal..by that measure if he had chosen to do so...he had the power and it was legal ! Chuckles !! Still...by the new standards of the Republican Party, Nixon would be classified today, as a liberal Democrat. That is how far right the party has moved.
Do you have an opinion on targeted killing of Americans in the drone program ?
America will fold in on it's-self is going on right now before my eyes, and it's all to thank for your weak president he should take a bow.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're feeling insecure again. Look, two sentences are fine, stop feeling inadequate! You'll never see me complain about lesser texting from you, what you produce makes me miserable enough!
Your complaint of spelling infractions by others isn't my problem, but if it's this stressful for you, we might contact Topix administrators and submit your name as a candidate for "spelling police"! I figure we could all chip-in and get you some spandex and a cape! You might feel better about yourself.
Yes, instead of ridiculing my friends who mis-spell, you could enjoy sending full length pictures of yourself to your friends with crippling peronality dissorder, including all of their imaginary friends! Imagine, you could be a hero all over the place...to people you don't even know, to people we don't even know, to people who don't really even exist! You hang in there...
You think I feel insecure ? Now that's funny coming from someone who spends an inordinate amount of time repetedly judging other's posts while creating "Carol" and other personalities to agree with you ! You are slipping...you didn't cram as much flowery language into your reply as usual, were you in a hurry ? It's been fun...but I have some work to do...that should give you plenty of time to repeatedly judge this post ! Have fun !!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
OT, I could be wrong, but wasn't warrantless wiretaps having to go before the FISA Court, done away with after 9/11...possibly in the Patriot Act?
I used to feel the same way you do about all the other Issues you mentioned. But, Al Qaeda has spread out Worldwide and some say that there are even Sleeper Cells already in this Country, just waiting for the "Right" time to strike us, again...and that has made me rethink my position. It's very difficult to "fight fair" and win when your enemy isn't and doesn't intend to!
And how do you capture an American who is right in the middle of an Al Qaeda Stronghold, planning and plotting to attack Americans in this Country, in a place like Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iran, or any of those Countries that have exploded since the Middle East has become so unsettled, before he can plan and execute another attack on us REAL Americans?
I see no reason why an American Civilian, who isn't guilty of Treason, would be in an Al Qaeda-infiltrated Country, right in the midst of Al Qaeda Members, and they not kill him, unless he's One of them. If that's possible to do, I'm not aware of it. We've been fighting for so long and it has done so much damage to us and our Troops that if we can take Al Qaeda Members out, regardless of their Nationality, without harming another American Military Member, then I say do it! If you're an Innocent American, then don't go into Al Qaeda Strongholds. You have no reason to, as far as I can see! If you do, then do so at your own risk!
I don't believe our country would give you permission to go there, anyway, so you would have to be there illegally. That, alone, would pretty much tell me that you're a Traitor!
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

This is the politically astute crowd our president caters to with free phones and other tax-payer funded percs!

I ask friends to watch this important video and pay close attention to the signs in the crowd and interviews in the video. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/TGorLU - click to watch video
what did you expect

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Former US Vice President and still fully devoted global environmentalist Al Gore last week took a lot of heat and ridicule for dumping his viewer-starved Current TV cable network for $500 million. He sold it to Al Jazeera, owned by the oil-rich Islamic monarchy and global environment-polluter Qatar.

Gore’s money-first hypocrisy in this matter is so self-evident that it’s hardly worth further ink. For $500 million he chose to fasten a “Kick Me” sign to both his back and front. At least he didn’t go for cheap, ya know?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gore...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now we see WILLARD's true colors show through...that "Good Christian" who does so love to quote the Bible, but obviously doesn"t believe a word of it, or live by it! But, most of us had already figured out that he was just a Big Phony, anyway.
Who was it who "testified " to WILLARD'S credentials as an "authority" on the Bible and as a Scholar??? Oh yes, it was "Vet", the same Poster who guaranteed that his good Friend, owner of Chic-A-Fil, would NRVER back down on his Company's opinion of Gays! LMAO!
I don't blame Vet, I'd disappear too, after 2 embarrassing humiliations! Lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

what did you expect wrote:
Former US Vice President and still fully devoted global environmentalist Al Gore last week took a lot of heat and ridicule for dumping his viewer-starved Current TV cable network for $500 million. He sold it to Al Jazeera, owned by the oil-rich Islamic monarchy and global environment-polluter Qatar.
Gore’s money-first hypocrisy in this matter is so self-evident that it’s hardly worth further ink. For $500 million he chose to fasten a “Kick Me” sign to both his back and front. At least he didn’t go for cheap, ya know?
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gore...
NY Post...owned by Rupert Murdock of Fox Fake News, or the "Moonies", I forget which One. Oh well, it doesn't matter, they're both just about the same on truthfulness. Propaganda Publications!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Vladimir Putin wrote:
<quoted text>America will fold in on it's-self is going on right now before my eyes, and it's all to thank for your weak president he should take a bow.
Sweetie, you really need to stop reading all those Teapublican Websites. They'll drive you nuts and make you paranoid before you go insane!
what did you expect

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
NY Post...owned by Rupert Murdock of Fox Fake News, or the "Moonies", I forget which One. Oh well, it doesn't matter, they're both just about the same on truthfulness. Propaganda Publications!
CBS News. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-575617...

NBC News. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbcs-matt-lauer-gr...

Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/201...

Yahoo News.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinion/kurtz-g...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/201...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff/2013/01...

Propaganda? Think NOT!
what did you expect

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Yahoo News. Why Al Gore sold Current TV to Al Jazeera
http://news.yahoo.com/why-al-gore-sold-curren...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Vladimir, the strangest thing just happened. Send me a message and I'll tell you about it. Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,541 - 59,560 of140,495
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WTH 8,896
Gander 5 hr Goose 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr Jumpy 1,409
thong swimsuits 12 hr Al Henry 6
100 Weekend Road Trips From Nashville 12 hr Joe In Nashville 1
$25 14 hr Money girl 1
Tim McGraw Slaps Woman 15 hr KyJunction 5
•••
•••