|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Linda wrote:
"New Rove Effort Has GOP Aflame."
Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/us/politics...
Rove is trying to make Republican candidates more electable in general elections, but in the process he may be tossing out the most reliable Republican voters, the far right of the Republican party. If he manages to pull the party to the center, I look for the right wing to leave and form a splinter group. The Dems had this problem after the civil rights votes of the 60s. Southern Democrats formed the Dixiecrats, and that left a weakened the Democratic Party. It took several years before those Dixiecrats found a home in the Republican party, and helped them win a string of elections.
In my opinion, Tea Party will not take this Rove initiative lightly, and if they leave, it could result in an electoral disaster for Republicans.
For now, the GOP is between a rock and a hard place.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
I thought while I had time this morning, I would answer a question from "Hey" regarding what I feed my cows. I use rotational pasture for most of the year, and feed grass hay for winter. When it is exceptionally cold, snowy or wet, I suppliment that grass hay with a corn and molasses feed which is made at a local mill. It has no antibiotic added, and I only use antibiotics when absolutely necessary. BUT, I sell my calves, and the bulk of those probably end up on feedlots, so I assume they do end up being fed antibiotic laced feeds and those lots probably use all of the other factory farm tricks to put on the most pounds in the least amount of time.
With the loss of tobacco as a cash crop, farming is a marginal enterprise around here, and I would be hard pressed to live on the profits from raising beef cattle in East Tennessee.
Bless your heart.
Linda

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Obamacare strikes again.
Apending federal food-labeling rule that stems from the new health care law would cost thousands of grocers and convenience store owners -- to the tune of $1 billion in the first year alone.
The rule stems from an ObamaCare mandate that restaurants provide nutrition information on menus [does anyone actually read those things?]. But now, the FDA wants to extend it to the food you buy in convenience stores, small deliís, and supermarkets. You know, the sammichís you buy. The cole slaw and macaroni salad, etc.
And while Mcdonalds and Chic-Fil-A can afford to have itís food analyzed, a process that involves expensive software or sending food portions to testing facilities, mom and pop shops, even mid-size grocery chains, wonít be able to afford the added expense.
Which means they are either going to stop offering this food, or raise the prices.
And who benefits? I think Walmart can afford the software. So can Publix and other large chains. Mom and pop stores get screwed - as does the consumer.
Bend over, Joe six-pak. Obama care strikes again!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/06/ja...
And you really think the "Store" does the labeling. LMAO!
Who reads those things??? I DO! If you did, maybe you'd know alittle something of what you're talking about, instead of relying of FFN bogus information, AGAIN!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Ok, I'm game. Why was there a loss of tobacco as a cash crop?
The price per pound paid to farmers collapsed as inputs like fuel, fertilizer etc doubled then doubled again. This is partly due to foreign competition from places like Argentina and Brazil, and partly the fault of the demise of the Federal Tobacco Program which used poundage quotas to limit the amount of tobacco a farmer could grow. Those limits held up the price and made smaller family farms viable. The program did NOT cost taxpayers a dime since it was paid for by a penny or two per pound paid into a fund which was used to finance the program.
The last year that the program was in effect, tobacco brought an average of $1.94 a pound. The next year,$1.55. Fertilizer increased from approx $90.00 a ton to $450.00 a ton and you already know what has happened to fuel.
Cigarettes, taking into account the additional taxes levied on them, INCREASED in price as the cost of cigarette tobacco declined. So much for that supply and demand theory.
The loss of the program combined with a huge increase of imports of tobacco from cheaper labor countries, ended tobacco growing and took millions in income out of the economy of counties like the one I live in. This ended a way of life for many East Tennesseans that had lasted for generations.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
FYI
I brought up Topix today, and Whammo! My malware software came up and advised me that it had blocked a malicious site. Apparently Topix has joined the Malware community, and is using Specificclick.net to track you. If you didnít get a message from your anti-virus or malware software, you now have their cookie. Donít panic, itís not a virus, but you may not like what its doing:
specificclick.net is a domain used by SpecificClick which is an advertising company that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track you, what you do and what you click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web. Over time, sites like specificclick.net can help make an online profile of you usually including the sites you visit, your searches, purchases, and other behavior. Your profile can then be exchanged and sold between various companies like specificclick.net as well as being sold to other advertisers and marketers.
It isnít a fluke, and is getting annoying, since it comes up on every new page of Topix.
Forget Big Brother spying on you. Topix is.
I think Topix has been doing that for a while because I have noticed when I come on Topix the advertisements are for stuff that I have recently shopped online. I run CC Cleaner regularly to try to keep that crap cleaned off my computer.
Linda

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Rove is trying to make Republican candidates more electable in general elections, but in the process he may be tossing out the most reliable Republican voters, the far right of the Republican party. If he manages to pull the party to the center, I look for the right wing to leave and form a splinter group. The Dems had this problem after the civil rights votes of the 60s. Southern Democrats formed the Dixiecrats, and that left a weakened the Democratic Party. It took several years before those Dixiecrats found a home in the Republican party, and helped them win a string of elections.
In my opinion, Tea Party will not take this Rove initiative lightly, and if they leave, it could result in an electoral disaster for Republicans.
For now, the GOP is between a rock and a hard place.
We can only hope...OH BOY, can we hope! Lol!

I actually do hope that the Republicans get rid of that Lunatic Tea Party bunch, the Far-Right Members, and become a more Moderate Conservative Party. I think that would be good for the Country and help keep the Dems on their toes and make them serve the average American People better.
I'm hoping that what we seeing now is a painful transition to a better and improved political system that will eventually turn out to be better representation for ALL Americans, not just the Rich and Powerful.
Then, maybe this Country will start to mend, heal, and move forward, and we can get back on the road to being the great and prosperous Country that we we once were with opportunities for EVERYBODY.
As it is now, there's a very few trying to pull us along and all of these Albatrosses trying to pull us backwards into a black hole, with the Super Rich and Powerful giving them water and cheering them on!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Trying to explain the zero economic growth at the end of 2012, White House spokesman Jay Carney blamed Republicans for "talk about letting the sequester kick in as though that were an acceptable thing."

He left out that President Obama proposed the sequester in 2011.

On Tuesday Mr. Obama warned about "the threat of massive automatic cuts that have already started to affect business decisions."

Donít make me laugh. When has Obama EVER worried about business decisions?

The sequester would cut an estimated $85 billion from the budget this fiscal year starting in March. Half of the savings would come from defense and half from domestic discretionary programs. Medicare providers would take a 2% cut.

Thatís just a little bit more that the Sandy relief bill that HAD to be passed, despite the fact that barely half of it will actually go to relieve Sandy victims.

The media is starting to get in gear to make this out to be the worst thing to happen to the economy, but in reality, it is only about 0.5% of GDP. In other words, itís a drop in the bucket.

But itíll work quite well on stupid people.

http://www.widgetserver.com/syndication/l/...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Topix has been doing that for a while because I have noticed when I come on Topix the advertisements are for stuff that I have recently shopped online. I run CC Cleaner regularly to try to keep that crap cleaned off my computer.
CCCleaner is an excellent program. Not for the uninitiated or faint of heart, because you can do serious damage to your OS with it.

Avast is what caught the malware. Curiously, the popups stopped. For awhile there they were coming up with each page. The service must be on a timer.

Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> The price per pound paid to farmers collapsed as inputs like fuel, fertilizer etc doubled then doubled again. This is partly due to foreign competition from places like Argentina and Brazil, and partly the fault of the demise of the Federal Tobacco Program which used poundage quotas to limit the amount of tobacco a farmer could grow. Those limits held up the price and made smaller family farms viable. The program did NOT cost taxpayers a dime since it was paid for by a penny or two per pound paid into a fund which was used to finance the program.
The last year that the program was in effect, tobacco brought an average of $1.94 a pound. The next year,$1.55. Fertilizer increased from approx $90.00 a ton to $450.00 a ton and you already know what has happened to fuel.
Cigarettes, taking into account the additional taxes levied on them, INCREASED in price as the cost of cigarette tobacco declined. So much for that supply and demand theory.
The loss of the program combined with a huge increase of imports of tobacco from cheaper labor countries, ended tobacco growing and took millions in income out of the economy of counties like the one I live in. This ended a way of life for many East Tennesseans that had lasted for generations.
Thank you. I am unfamiliar with farming in general, other than I have a profound respect for the people who would do it.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually do hope that the Republicans get rid of that Lunatic Tea Party bunch, the Far-Right Members, and become a more Moderate Conservative Party. I think that would be good for the Country and help keep the Dems on their toes and make them serve the average American People better.
I'm hoping that what we seeing now is a painful transition to a better and improved political system that will eventually turn out to be better representation for ALL Americans, not just the Rich and Powerful.
Then, maybe this Country will start to mend, heal, and move forward, and we can get back on the road to being the great and prosperous Country that we we once were with opportunities for EVERYBODY.
As it is now, there's a very few trying to pull us along and all of these Albatrosses trying to pull us backwards into a black hole, with the Super Rich and Powerful giving them water and cheering them on!
You never did answer my question. Name one tax loophole the rich get?
Sinister Grin

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Truth Detector wrote:
FYI
I brought up Topix today, and Whammo! My malware software came up and advised me that it had blocked a malicious site. Apparently Topix has joined the Malware community, and is using Specificclick.net to track you. If you didnít get a message from your anti-virus or malware software, you now have their cookie. Donít panic, itís not a virus, but you may not like what its doing:
specificclick.net is a domain used by SpecificClick which is an advertising company that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track you, what you do and what you click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web. Over time, sites like specificclick.net can help make an online profile of you usually including the sites you visit, your searches, purchases, and other behavior. Your profile can then be exchanged and sold between various companies like specificclick.net as well as being sold to other advertisers and marketers.
It isnít a fluke, and is getting annoying, since it comes up on every new page of Topix.
Forget Big Brother spying on you. Topix is.
That's why I use zoerin or slax, on what some will call a junk computer. When I get on forums like this one.
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

OMG! Can you not even read! I know you can't comprehend, but at least try to read what others are saying!
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
And you really think the "Store" does the labeling. LMAO!
Who reads those things??? I DO! If you did, maybe you'd know alittle something of what you're talking about, instead of relying of FFN bogus information, AGAIN!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
OMG! Can you not even read! I know you can't comprehend, but at least try to read what others are saying!<quoted text>
She doesn't care what others are saying. She just blurts out her own dribble and claims it to be the truth because she said it. She's a lunatic. Don't pay any mind to that internet troll
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You coming up with a solution to fix the country is like asking Barney Frank to fix the mortgage industry.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You coming up with a solution to fix the country is like asking Barney Frank to fix the mortgage industry.
He did pretty well in the Male Prostitution industry.
Linda

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did answer my question. Name one tax loophole the rich get?
Google it! There's many, that Ordinary People are not in the Income Bracket to benefit from them and cannot take them. How do you think they can get by with paying no Taxes at all? Can you do that? Average Income People can't, but many of the Ultra Rich do!

Neither can the Average Person afford a bevy of Accounts just to figure how to legally take advantage, by "fudging" on their taxes, and advise them how to cover their Azzes if their Tax Returns are questioned about taking those deductions in those Tax Loopholes, that enable them to pay no Taxes, at all.

One of the simplest ones that even Average People know that do, but we don't...is that most of them haven't paid for a Restaurant Meal for themselves, or their Guests, since they became Super Wealthy. They can say one sentence about business and write it off as a "Business" meal and we Average Taxpayers have to pay their share of Taxes because they do it. In essence, we are paying for a large part of their entertaining their Friends, instead of them paying for all of it out of their pocket.
But, that just one small drop in a big Bucket of us paying their share. They Biggest One is probably the Millions of dollars they hide in Off-shore Accounts and don't pay any taxes on, at all.
It's not worth you hiding your 'lil ole hundred dollars in an off-shore Account...setting up the Account and getting the money there would cost you more than the hundred dollars you're trying to hide from the IRS! So, you pay the taxes on it, but they wouldn't....multiplied by tens of thousands!
Linda

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anybody ever told you what a really obnoxious Person you are? I'll bet they have more than once, by many different Ones.
So...get a clue!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts mean nothing to conservatives...

...the House ethics committee -- which, at Frank's request, investigated the allegations made by Stephen Gobie that Gobie was running a prostitution ring out of Frank's house with Frank's knowledge -- determined in 1990 that Frank "did not have either prior or concomitant knowledge of prostitution activities involving third parties alleged to have taken place in his apartment." Moreover, the committee did not conclusively determine whether Gobie was even using Frank's apartment for "prostitution activities," noting in its report that purported evidence offered by Gobie that he had been engaging in prostitution from Frank's apartment collapsed under scrutiny.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2008/10/03/d...
Really Sassy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>And you call others idiots....
Only you and Linda Liar.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
The actual committee report, in case you predictably attack my original source...

http://ethics.house.gov/sites/ethics.house.go...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr Hughes 1,460
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr jarda 8,594
Sheriff candidate can serve if elected despite ... 5 hr Slim 1
Medical Weight Loss - OPTIFAST Tue DC in TN 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Tue Zeke 8,978
Cheatham jail escapee added to TBI Most Wanted ... (Dec '09) Tue Matt 6
Feds quietly dump hundreds of illegal immigrant... Tue Bob Rooney 1
•••
•••