Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65107 Feb 5, 2013
I agree if there is disputable proof of the alleged crime of terrorist activities. But how many innocent men women and children already have died, because of mistaken targets? I for one don't wan to worry if a drone is gonna take me out for just being in the wrong place Perhaps they were my neighbors I knew nothing about. Or a near by building, parking lot, store etc.. at the time they decide someone (group) needs to die.

I do not wish collateral damage on law abiding citizens. The Military can't get it right in war zones, they kill innocents all the time. How can you know for sure the same events won;t happen here in the US.. You can't.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#65108 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like they may already know that we have Al Qaeda sleeper Cells in this Country! they just better behave themselves, is all I can say about it! Otherwisw, take them out and Good Riddance to them is my feeling on the subject!
Of course it must be the sleeper cells and which AlQaeda would these be. Now some of these AlQaeda are our friends to use and help when they serve a purpose.I sure as hell put no faith in who in the hell decides who is who and for what and how.
Fast and furious was clever.I hope it's not those bright bulbs who will be making that decision.Hey.All's fair in love and war.
It's not that Obama lied or that this is against the Constitution.
This is what I'm talking about how you just turn it all around and things magicaly end up smelling like a rose.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65109 Feb 5, 2013
*indisputable
Mrs FU

Hungary

#65110 Feb 5, 2013
Stop it Tim you're killing me. ROTFLMAO.:>
Mushroom Cloud

Lexington, TN

#65111 Feb 5, 2013
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not going to make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, maddog mean.'Cause if you lose your head and you give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

Moderate

Fulton, MS

#65112 Feb 5, 2013
There is a yellow dog republican sitting less than two feet away from me (he's on disablity too by the way) and after showing him indisputable* evidence that the lady friend in Ghana he is chatting with is a scam artist (and a black man rather than white woman), he steadfastly denies it. Small examples like this remind me to always consider the source of any political opinion.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#65113 Feb 5, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/02/05/16855539-judge-ju ry-and-executioner-legal-exper ts-fear-implications-of-white- house-drone-memo?lite
In a memo to President Obama ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.
" Obama administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”
" British newspaper The Guardian, described the memo as “fundamentally misleading,” with a clinical tone that disguises “the radical and dangerous power it purports to authorize.”
“If you believe the president has the power to order U.S. citizens executed far from any battlefield with no charges or trial, then it’s truly hard to conceive of any asserted power you would find objectionable.”
Attorney General Eric Holder, in a talk at Northwestern University Law School in March, endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans provided that the government determines such an individual poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.”
But the memo obtained by NBC News refers to a broader definition of imminence and specifically says the government is not required to have “clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”
No Trial, no jury.
They have the say that someone "looks" like they may be Al-Qaida, so lets kill em just in case...
I think we need to get a grip on what this can really mean to US citizens down the road. SCARY..
Wonder how they will justify killing mistaken identities ? Collateral damages?
Judge, Jury, and Executioner.......cops all over America do it everyday 24/7.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#65114 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
BTW Folks, I've decided that Topix is not going to change my User Name, so I've decided to keep it...out of principle. But, I will probably post with my registered User Name AND my Un-registered Name, also. so, look for either one. But, most of all, you shpould know mw well enough by now to know it's me, regardless of what name I use, so if you have any doubt, just ask.
I'm not going to be chased all over this Forum by an Idiot who's a Thief, as well as an Idiot!
Before I'll do that, I'll just leave Topix altogether and go to the other Talk Sites that I've been directed to.
Sassy/Linda, it does not matter to me(because you let us know). But I know some will make a issue out of it till the end of time.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65115 Feb 5, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it must be the sleeper cells and which AlQaeda would these be. Now some of these AlQaeda are our friends to use and help when they serve a purpose.I sure as hell put no faith in who in the hell decides who is who and for what and how.
Fast and furious was clever.I hope it's not those bright bulbs who will be making that decision.Hey.All's fair in love and war.
It's not that Obama lied or that this is against the Constitution.
This is what I'm talking about how you just turn it all around and things magicaly end up smelling like a rose.
<sigh>...well ok,(to myself)...do I have to do ALL their thinking for them?

If you're that "skeered", here's the solution...just change Political Parties! Obama won't mow you down with a Drone if you're a Democrat, they'll need your vote in 2014 and 2016! After that, you're on your own if a Republican wins! See, SIMPLE! LMAO!

Location hidden

#65116 Feb 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy/Linda, it does not matter to me(because you let us know). But I know some will make a issue out of it till the end of time.
They make an issue out of everything else, so maybe this will keep 'em busy, so we Adults, who act like it, can discuss the really important stuff!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65117 Feb 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Judge, Jury, and Executioner.......cops all over America do it everyday 24/7.
Lame answer coming fro you Dunlapian.

You are talking about local law enforcement. No comparison what so ever. If someone had a gun pointed at me or was harming one of my family, I'd judge, but no need for a jury he'd be shot. Wounded ,dying, or dead.

The Memo is talking high tech stealth drones. With high state of the art tracking and navigation equipment. They are fully armed, carrying military war heads . We are talking top of the line weapons.
Cops make split second decisions influenced by the facts at hand and the danger to life.
The Drones on the other hand are programed to hit specific targets. If the target they are set for is across the street from an innocent school full of kids which gets blows up. Because of bad intelligence info, And kills 100's of kids.
The US, in a political gesture apologizes for the tragic mistake. The children are counted as collateral damages.

Location hidden

#65118 Feb 5, 2013
OK Cornbread and Hey, here's something reliable that didn't come from Fox Fake News and Conspiracy Websites, that you should want to read.
----------
""Everything We Know So Far About Drone Strikes."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/everything-...
Hey

Manchester, TN

#65119 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>...well ok,(to myself)...do I have to do ALL their thinking for them?
If you're that "skeered", here's the solution...just change Political Parties! Obama won't mow you down with a Drone if you're a Democrat, they'll need your vote in 2014 and 2016! After that, you're on your own if a Republican wins! See, SIMPLE! LMAO!
Oh Friggin Please.Round and round you go.
AND I got a good one for ya.
Oh my.all us conspiracy people just climbing out of the woodwork lately.
Now it's the Independent from Australia's Parliament spilling the beans on that New World Order y'all laughed about.
I mean what does she know from all those documents she refers to.
What could she know over the Topix Queen?
http://economicrisis.com/new-world-order-expo...
I'm sure she's connected to AlQaeda or a terrorist as poor little Iceland was called and put on the UK's terror list when they went against the crime syndicate.
The only two people who deserve a vote is this Aussie and the Iceland Dude.
Pop

Elizabethton, TN

#65120 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
They make an issue out of everything else, so maybe this will keep 'em busy, so we Adults, who act like it, can discuss the really important stuff!
YOU ... act like an adult???? YOU, who only thinks your opinion is the important stuff???? YOU, who thinks every liberal blog is a reputable news article???

You maam haven't ever posted one statement that makes one think you are acting like an adult. I'm sure you like to think you are a mentor of some kind, but what kind nobody really knows. Internet addiction is not something normally likened to acting like an adult. Calling those who have opposing viewpoints "azzhole" aren't normally thought of as adults. Stating you know everything about everything is not normally thought of as acting like an adult. Telling others to think for themselves, and when they do, you blast them, is not normally an adult characteristic. In fact, there is nothing you say that is an example of acting like an adult. I can think of a lot of words to describe your behavior, like hypocritical, insecurity complex, rough around the edges, abrasive, vulgar, and hateful, but adult is definitely not one of them.

Location hidden

#65121 Feb 5, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame answer coming fro you Dunlapian.
You are talking about local law enforcement. No comparison what so ever. If someone had a gun pointed at me or was harming one of my family, I'd judge, but no need for a jury he'd be shot. Wounded ,dying, or dead.
The Memo is talking high tech stealth drones. With high state of the art tracking and navigation equipment. They are fully armed, carrying military war heads . We are talking top of the line weapons.
Cops make split second decisions influenced by the facts at hand and the danger to life.
The Drones on the other hand are programed to hit specific targets. If the target they are set for is across the street from an innocent school full of kids which gets blows up. Because of bad intelligence info, And kills 100's of kids.
The US, in a political gesture apologizes for the tragic mistake. The children are counted as collateral damages.
Then, blame the Person, probably an Airman, out in CA....he/she is the One controlling the Drone. Done a pretty good job of it so far, if you ask me.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65122 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
OK Cornbread and Hey, here's something reliable that didn't come from Fox Fake News and Conspiracy Websites, that you should want to read.
----------
""Everything We Know So Far About Drone Strikes."
Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/everything-...
Of course Dem supporters/media sugar coat the real issues. Which is that Drones are not infallible. It has been proven time after time.
If I wanted to look up the statics for collateral damages. I would for you. But you are on computer, you can look the stats up for yourself. they aren't pretty.

My story didn't come from Fox News. As you assume. You need to read before posting your drivel.

'Judge, jury and executioner': Legal experts fear implications of White House drone memo

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16...

Location hidden

#65123 Feb 5, 2013
"Adam Lanza's Arsenal."

(The guns he carried embody the Nation's evolving relationship to freedom. And fear.")

Click here:
http://nymag.com/news/features/gun-control-ne...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#65124 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like they may already know that we have Al Qaeda sleeper Cells in this Country! they just better behave themselves, is all I can say about it! Otherwisw, take them out and Good Riddance to them is my feeling on the subject!
Kill'em! Just don't waterboard'em.
Pop

Elizabethton, TN

#65125 Feb 5, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill'em! Just don't waterboard'em.
Don't forget, be sure to give them a fair trial as a criminal first.

Location hidden

#65126 Feb 5, 2013
I think that's what we do before they're taken into custody and imprisoned! The Waterboarding is done after they are imprisoned! Duh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr cpeter1313 2,480
Equal rights from Metro with interstate 24 clos... 5 hr Retired mom 1
Protestors on I24 5 hr Retired mom 4
shemales/trannys 12 hr Website Operator 3
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 15 hr fan 1,799
groomer has it worst dog grooming salon! (May '13) Thu Jim 3
Need help Wed Seriously 1
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville People Search