Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 2,952)

Showing posts 59,021 - 59,040 of140,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

BOO HOO wrote:
You might wont to just walk backwords..........
No, I just need to make sure I'm protected at all times...and I've got that well-mastered, believe me!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

"Republicans Cave & Accept Obamacare - Reality Trumps Ideology:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/05/repub...
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

sam wrote:
<quoted text>"wont" ...."backwords" ???? BOO HOO on YOU !!!
Are you that "slow" that "you" cant figure out what im writing?????????? "spell" "check" "this" ""F---"" ""Y--"" <JERK> YOUR BIGGEST FAN BOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16...

In a memo to President Obama ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.

" Obama administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”

" British newspaper The Guardian, described the memo as “fundamentally misleading,” with a clinical tone that disguises “the radical and dangerous power it purports to authorize.”

“If you believe the president has the power to order U.S. citizens executed far from any battlefield with no charges or trial, then it’s truly hard to conceive of any asserted power you would find objectionable.”

Attorney General Eric Holder, in a talk at Northwestern University Law School in March, endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans provided that the government determines such an individual poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.”

But the memo obtained by NBC News refers to a broader definition of imminence and specifically says the government is not required to have “clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”

No Trial, no jury.
They have the say that someone "looks" like they may be Al-Qaida, so lets kill em just in case...

I think we need to get a grip on what this can really mean to US citizens down the road. SCARY..

Wonder how they will justify killing mistaken identities ? Collateral damages?
Moderate

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

In a memo to President Bush ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.

" Bush administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”

" British newspaper The Guardian, described the memo as “fundamentally misleading,” with a clinical tone that disguises “the radical and dangerous power it purports to authorize.”

“If you believe the president has the power to order U.S. citizens executed far from any battlefield with no charges or trial, then it’s truly hard to conceive of any asserted power you would find objectionable.”

Attorney General Eric Holder, in a talk at Northwestern University Law School in March, endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans provided that the government determines such an individual poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.”

But the memo obtained by NBC News refers to a broader definition of imminence and specifically says the government is not required to have “clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”

No Trial, no jury.
They have the say that someone "looks" like they may be Al-Qaida, so lets kill em just in case...

I think we need to get a grip on what this can really mean to US citizens down the road. SCARY..

Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

And changing Obama's name in the story..to Bush. Is absurd. You aren't the brightest crayon in the box, are you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/02/05/16855539-judge-ju ry-and-executioner-legal-exper ts-fear-implications-of-white- house-drone-memo?lite
In a memo to President Obama ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.
" Obama administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”
No Trial, no jury.
Sounds to me like they may already know that we have Al Qaeda sleeper Cells in this Country! they just better behave themselves, is all I can say about it! Otherwisw, take them out and Good Riddance to them is my feeling on the subject!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/02/05/16855539-judge-ju ry-and-executioner-legal-exper ts-fear-implications-of-white- house-drone-memo?lite
No Trial, no jury.
Thanks.
When you see how many people have been through charges and jury trials and then have been exonerated with the use of DNA testing it is not only scary it also trashes another piece of America.
Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
BTW Folks, I've decided that Topix is not going to change my User Name, so I've decided to keep it...out of principle. But, I will probably post with my registered User Name AND my Un-registered Name, also. so, look for either one. But, most of all, you shpould know mw well enough by now to know it's me, regardless of what name I use, so if you have any doubt, just ask.
I'm not going to be chased all over this Forum by an Idiot who's a Thief, as well as an Idiot!
Before I'll do that, I'll just leave Topix altogether and go to the other Talk Sites that I've been directed to.
who gives a flying.
F>
L"
U<
C(
K)
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I agree if there is disputable proof of the alleged crime of terrorist activities. But how many innocent men women and children already have died, because of mistaken targets? I for one don't wan to worry if a drone is gonna take me out for just being in the wrong place Perhaps they were my neighbors I knew nothing about. Or a near by building, parking lot, store etc.. at the time they decide someone (group) needs to die.

I do not wish collateral damage on law abiding citizens. The Military can't get it right in war zones, they kill innocents all the time. How can you know for sure the same events won;t happen here in the US.. You can't.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like they may already know that we have Al Qaeda sleeper Cells in this Country! they just better behave themselves, is all I can say about it! Otherwisw, take them out and Good Riddance to them is my feeling on the subject!
Of course it must be the sleeper cells and which AlQaeda would these be. Now some of these AlQaeda are our friends to use and help when they serve a purpose.I sure as hell put no faith in who in the hell decides who is who and for what and how.
Fast and furious was clever.I hope it's not those bright bulbs who will be making that decision.Hey.All's fair in love and war.
It's not that Obama lied or that this is against the Constitution.
This is what I'm talking about how you just turn it all around and things magicaly end up smelling like a rose.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

*indisputable
Mrs FU

Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Stop it Tim you're killing me. ROTFLMAO.:>
Mushroom Cloud

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not going to make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, maddog mean.'Cause if you lose your head and you give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

Moderate

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

There is a yellow dog republican sitting less than two feet away from me (he's on disablity too by the way) and after showing him indisputable* evidence that the lady friend in Ghana he is chatting with is a scam artist (and a black man rather than white woman), he steadfastly denies it. Small examples like this remind me to always consider the source of any political opinion.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
No Trial, no jury.
Judge, Jury, and Executioner.......cops all over America do it everyday 24/7.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
BTW Folks, I've decided that Topix is not going to change my User Name, so I've decided to keep it...out of principle. But, I will probably post with my registered User Name AND my Un-registered Name, also. so, look for either one. But, most of all, you shpould know mw well enough by now to know it's me, regardless of what name I use, so if you have any doubt, just ask.
I'm not going to be chased all over this Forum by an Idiot who's a Thief, as well as an Idiot!
Before I'll do that, I'll just leave Topix altogether and go to the other Talk Sites that I've been directed to.
Sassy/Linda, it does not matter to me(because you let us know). But I know some will make a issue out of it till the end of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it must be the sleeper cells and which AlQaeda would these be. Now some of these AlQaeda are our friends to use and help when they serve a purpose.I sure as hell put no faith in who in the hell decides who is who and for what and how.
Fast and furious was clever.I hope it's not those bright bulbs who will be making that decision.Hey.All's fair in love and war.
It's not that Obama lied or that this is against the Constitution.
This is what I'm talking about how you just turn it all around and things magicaly end up smelling like a rose.
<sigh>...well ok,(to myself)...do I have to do ALL their thinking for them?

If you're that "skeered", here's the solution...just change Political Parties! Obama won't mow you down with a Drone if you're a Democrat, they'll need your vote in 2014 and 2016! After that, you're on your own if a Republican wins! See, SIMPLE! LMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy/Linda, it does not matter to me(because you let us know). But I know some will make a issue out of it till the end of time.
They make an issue out of everything else, so maybe this will keep 'em busy, so we Adults, who act like it, can discuss the really important stuff!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Judge, Jury, and Executioner.......cops all over America do it everyday 24/7.
Lame answer coming fro you Dunlapian.

You are talking about local law enforcement. No comparison what so ever. If someone had a gun pointed at me or was harming one of my family, I'd judge, but no need for a jury he'd be shot. Wounded ,dying, or dead.

The Memo is talking high tech stealth drones. With high state of the art tracking and navigation equipment. They are fully armed, carrying military war heads . We are talking top of the line weapons.
Cops make split second decisions influenced by the facts at hand and the danger to life.
The Drones on the other hand are programed to hit specific targets. If the target they are set for is across the street from an innocent school full of kids which gets blows up. Because of bad intelligence info, And kills 100's of kids.
The US, in a political gesture apologizes for the tragic mistake. The children are counted as collateral damages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,021 - 59,040 of140,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr Stuart 1,419
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 hr WTH 8,896
Gander 14 hr Goose 1
thong swimsuits 20 hr Al Henry 6
100 Weekend Road Trips From Nashville 21 hr Joe In Nashville 1
Tim McGraw Slaps Woman Mon KyJunction 5
Luke 19:27 proves jesus was evil and hate filled. (May '12) Mon some dude 56
•••
•••