Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65077 Feb 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
8 more Republican Senators voted against "Violence Against Women Act".
Two of these Senators have aspirations for the Presidency in 2016'.
Hmmm, now those TWO are playing the Republican Political Game of...I'll take any position on any subject , if it'll help me further my Political ambitions. you can't trust Republicans, but overall, they are NOT stupid...OVERALL! There are a few smart Ones, very few, but a FEW!

Location hidden

#65078 Feb 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans will always remain relevant as long as there are people like you in the other party. Keep it coming, you are the best recruiter the republicans ever had. You are the reason this area is over 80% Republican. Thank you!
I'll bet you really think I wrote that, don't you? I rest my case about there only being a "Few" Smart Republicans...and Honey, you ain't one of them!

Location hidden

#65079 Feb 5, 2013
BTW Folks, I've decided that Topix is not going to change my User Name, so I've decided to keep it...out of principle. But, I will probably post with my registered User Name AND my Un-registered Name, also. so, look for either one. But, most of all, you shpould know mw well enough by now to know it's me, regardless of what name I use, so if you have any doubt, just ask.
I'm not going to be chased all over this Forum by an Idiot who's a Thief, as well as an Idiot!
Before I'll do that, I'll just leave Topix altogether and go to the other Talk Sites that I've been directed to.
BOO HOO

Martin, TN

#65080 Feb 5, 2013
BYE BYE

“"U.S. Constitution"”

Since: Mar 09

Tea-Party

#65086 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Level-headed Ones are few and far between, I agree, and I haven't found, not even ONE who is a Member of the Tea Party, just a few Republicans, VERY few, but a few.
The Tea Party Members ALL personalize their Political views. IOW, if you do not agree with them 110% on any political issue, you are their sworn enemy. I suspect that they are the same way about agreeing with them on ANY issue, but I don't know that because I haven't gotten close enough to one to find out!
As I've stated many times, I like intelligent, honest, and forthright, trustworthy People and so far, I've not found a Tea Party Member who fits all that criteria. I'm not saying that there isn't one, I'm just saying that, if there is, I haven't found him!
Not true I have democrat and liberal friends ....some are family they have their ideas and I have mine but we are all Americans
Moderate

Fulton, MS

#65087 Feb 5, 2013
By what percentage was the presidential election lost?
BOO HOO

Martin, TN

#65088 Feb 5, 2013
Dee Lay wrote:
<quoted text>Not true I have democrat and liberal friends ....some are family they have their ideas and I have mine but we are all Americans
GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!I AGREE!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#65089 Feb 5, 2013
Dee Lay wrote:
<quoted text>Not true I have democrat and liberal friends ....some are family they have their ideas and I have mine but we are all Americans
That could very well be true, Dee Lay...I didn't get to know you well enough to decide, so I'll take your word for it and call you "A Friend".:)

Location hidden

#65091 Feb 5, 2013
And yes, we are all Americans ad we are ALL in this boat together...I just hope some of the Republicans and Tea Party Members don't decide to throw me overboard. So, I have to constantly look over my shoulder and guard my back and I'm getting a "crick" in my neck from doing it.:)

Location hidden

#65092 Feb 5, 2013
Moderate wrote:
By what percentage was the presidential election lost?
It wasn't for us Democrats.:)
BOO HOO

Martin, TN

#65093 Feb 5, 2013
You might wont to just walk backwords...........

Location hidden

#65094 Feb 5, 2013
BOO HOO wrote:
You might wont to just walk backwords..........
No, I just need to make sure I'm protected at all times...and I've got that well-mastered, believe me!

Location hidden

#65095 Feb 5, 2013
"Republicans Cave & Accept Obamacare - Reality Trumps Ideology:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/05/repub...
BOO HOO

Martin, TN

#65097 Feb 5, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>"wont" ...."backwords" ???? BOO HOO on YOU !!!
Are you that "slow" that "you" cant figure out what im writing?????????? "spell" "check" "this" ""F---"" ""Y--"" <JERK> YOUR BIGGEST FAN BOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65098 Feb 5, 2013
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16...

In a memo to President Obama ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.

" Obama administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”

" British newspaper The Guardian, described the memo as “fundamentally misleading,” with a clinical tone that disguises “the radical and dangerous power it purports to authorize.”

“If you believe the president has the power to order U.S. citizens executed far from any battlefield with no charges or trial, then it’s truly hard to conceive of any asserted power you would find objectionable.”

Attorney General Eric Holder, in a talk at Northwestern University Law School in March, endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans provided that the government determines such an individual poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.”

But the memo obtained by NBC News refers to a broader definition of imminence and specifically says the government is not required to have “clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”

No Trial, no jury.
They have the say that someone "looks" like they may be Al-Qaida, so lets kill em just in case...

I think we need to get a grip on what this can really mean to US citizens down the road. SCARY..

Wonder how they will justify killing mistaken identities ? Collateral damages?
Moderate

Fulton, MS

#65099 Feb 5, 2013
In a memo to President Bush ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.

" Bush administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”

" British newspaper The Guardian, described the memo as “fundamentally misleading,” with a clinical tone that disguises “the radical and dangerous power it purports to authorize.”

“If you believe the president has the power to order U.S. citizens executed far from any battlefield with no charges or trial, then it’s truly hard to conceive of any asserted power you would find objectionable.”

Attorney General Eric Holder, in a talk at Northwestern University Law School in March, endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans provided that the government determines such an individual poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.”

But the memo obtained by NBC News refers to a broader definition of imminence and specifically says the government is not required to have “clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”

No Trial, no jury.
They have the say that someone "looks" like they may be Al-Qaida, so lets kill em just in case...

I think we need to get a grip on what this can really mean to US citizens down the road. SCARY..

Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65102 Feb 5, 2013
And changing Obama's name in the story..to Bush. Is absurd. You aren't the brightest crayon in the box, are you?

Location hidden

#65104 Feb 5, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/02/05/16855539-judge-ju ry-and-executioner-legal-exper ts-fear-implications-of-white- house-drone-memo?lite
In a memo to President Obama ,says it is alright to use Drones, to kill AMERICANS on US soil.
" Obama administration memo concluding that the United States can order the killing of American citizens believed to be affiliated with al-Qaida — with one saying the White House was acting as “judge, jury and executioner.”
No Trial, no jury.
Sounds to me like they may already know that we have Al Qaeda sleeper Cells in this Country! they just better behave themselves, is all I can say about it! Otherwisw, take them out and Good Riddance to them is my feeling on the subject!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#65105 Feb 5, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/02/05/16855539-judge-ju ry-and-executioner-legal-exper ts-fear-implications-of-white- house-drone-memo?lite
No Trial, no jury.
Thanks.
When you see how many people have been through charges and jury trials and then have been exonerated with the use of DNA testing it is not only scary it also trashes another piece of America.
Terry

United States

#65106 Feb 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
BTW Folks, I've decided that Topix is not going to change my User Name, so I've decided to keep it...out of principle. But, I will probably post with my registered User Name AND my Un-registered Name, also. so, look for either one. But, most of all, you shpould know mw well enough by now to know it's me, regardless of what name I use, so if you have any doubt, just ask.
I'm not going to be chased all over this Forum by an Idiot who's a Thief, as well as an Idiot!
Before I'll do that, I'll just leave Topix altogether and go to the other Talk Sites that I've been directed to.
who gives a flying.
F>
L"
U<
C(
K)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 9 min lollypop 1,859
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 18 min Frankie Rizzo 2,788
Wife cheated need an opinion 8 hr Website Operator 17
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... 9 hr lolol 4
Searching for long distance bike rider 10 hr Finsuprs 2
Review: Porta Via 21 hr jacobsmith2a 1
Taze Lundy Of Bob Parks realty Tue pissed 4
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web