Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Comments (Page 2,671)

Showing posts 53,401 - 53,420 of140,485
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

WILLARD wrote:
Most of what is contained in the over-500-page 2012 version of the NDAA is inimical to liberty. For example, under the provisions of the aforementioned Section 1021, the President is afforded the absolute power to arrest and detain citizens of the United States without their being informed of any criminal charges, without a trial on the merits of those charges, and without a scintilla of the due process safeguards protected by the Constitution of the United States.
In order to execute this immense power, the NDAA unlawfully grants the President the absolute and unquestionable authority to deploy the armed forces of the United States to apprehend and to indefinitely detain those suspected of threatening the security of the “homeland.” In the language of this legislation, these people are called “covered persons.”
Regardless of promises to the contrary, the language of the NDAA places every citizen of the United States within the universe of potential “covered persons.” Any American could one day find himself or herself branded a “belligerent” and thus subject to the complete confiscation of his or her constitutional civil liberties and nearly never-ending incarceration in a military prison.
The NDAA for Fiscal Year 2013 will now soon come before the full body of the House of Representatives for a vote. No doubt the deliberations will feature speeches decrying the revocation of habeas corpus and the legalization of the indefinite detention of Americans in military prisons based on nothing more than presidential suspicion.
So as to prevent these denouncements from being nothing more than sound and fury signifying nothing, Americans must be actively engaged in the fight to prevent such precedents from being set. We must remember that these deviations from the strait and narrow constitutional path have placed our Republic on a trajectory toward tyranny.
Willard, I really do understand your concern about the NDAA, but just this last Monday "Tea Party Guru", Congressman Paul Ryan has no problem with it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Excuse me Willard Sen. Rand Paul
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.But how do they dispose of their ugly bulbs?
I wonder how Martha Stewart likes them things in her crystal chandelier.
I think Dr Spock would find them interesting.
LOL - you really have a problem with the "ugly bulbs" don't you? I doubt Martha uses them in her crystal chandelier; they don't work in every fixture. Do you have a problem with conserving energy or just "ugly bulbs"?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
And who's watching the watchers?
The Members of Congress should be, and we should be watching the Members of Congress, but none of us are doing our job and our duty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

HickUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that only the best and the brightest make it to Nashville?
I don't think you could call them the "best and brightest", but they were what ran out of the hole while we were digging ourselves into the ground, so we had to send them somewhere. You gotta love that Hillbilly, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" Mentality! If they're getting on our nerves locally, we send them to the State Legislature in Nashville, to get rid of them. Nobody's ever accused us of being the "best and the brightest", either...I wonder why?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

This has to be stopped! Our whole form of Government and our Freedom is at stake!
----------
"Hidden Campaign Cash."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hidden...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
Most of what is contained in the over-500-page 2012 version of the NDAA is inimical to liberty. For example, under the provisions of the aforementioned Section 1021, the President is afforded the absolute power to arrest and detain citizens of the United States without their being informed of any criminal charges, without a trial on the merits of those charges, and without a scintilla of the due process safeguards protected by the Constitution of the United States.
In order to execute this immense power, the NDAA unlawfully grants the President the absolute and unquestionable authority to deploy the armed forces of the United States to apprehend and to indefinitely detain those suspected of threatening the security of the “homeland.” In the language of this legislation, these people are called “covered persons.”
Regardless of promises to the contrary, the language of the NDAA places every citizen of the United States within the universe of potential “covered persons.” Any American could one day find himself or herself branded a “belligerent” and thus subject to the complete confiscation of his or her constitutional civil liberties and nearly never-ending incarceration in a military prison.
The NDAA for Fiscal Year 2013 will now soon come before the full body of the House of Representatives for a vote. No doubt the deliberations will feature speeches decrying the revocation of habeas corpus and the legalization of the indefinite detention of Americans in military prisons based on nothing more than presidential suspicion.
So as to prevent these denouncements from being nothing more than sound and fury signifying nothing, Americans must be actively engaged in the fight to prevent such precedents from being set. We must remember that these deviations from the strait and narrow constitutional path have placed our Republic on a trajectory toward tyranny.
I have a lot of concerns about this too "Willard". I have to wonder why with a sizeable majority in the House, and the ability to stall all legislation in the Senate with the filibuster, Republicans didn't stall THIS legislation ?
The "Patriot Act" also garnered wide Republican support and it was the biggest grab of civil liberties since the Civil War. I didn't like IT either.
What is left of the Tea Party are busy blocking a United Nations treaty that protects people with disabilities yet they signed onto THIS piece of legislation ????? Makes a person wonder doesn't it ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

This just breaks my Heart and makes me cry! He's obviously Mentally ill. There's has to be some way to help him and get him the care and treatment that he needs. He's a Veteran, for God's Sake!
----------
"Barefoot Homeless Man Not Actually Homeless."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/barefoot-...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The NYPD credits "Occupy Wall Street" activists with help in stopping crime after hurricane Sandy.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have a lot of concerns about this too "Willard". I have to wonder why with a sizeable majority in the House, and the ability to stall all legislation in the Senate with the filibuster, Republicans didn't stall THIS legislation ?
The "Patriot Act" also garnered wide Republican support and it was the biggest grab of civil liberties since the Civil War. I didn't like IT either.
What is left of the Tea Party are busy blocking a United Nations treaty that protects people with disabilities yet they signed onto THIS piece of legislation ????? Makes a person wonder doesn't it ?
OT, as I said before, I am also concerned with this ADAA, but at the same time I see both sides passing it, when either side if what we think it states is true they could filibuster it(and it would be what a filibuster is all about).
But instead like you stated the Tea Party is busy not protecting the rights of the disabled worldwide. While I stated the smaller Occupy Wallstreet is helping the NYPD with crime after hurricane Sandy.
Now I really don't know that much about this act, but I believe we have some paranoid people, grandstanding about this act which does not affect us.
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

New light bulbs on the way. Maybe here in 5 yr.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Now the latest from "Red Lobster" and "Olive Garden", seems like now they have had a change of heart about having their full time employees cut to part time because of "Obama Care".
Darden Restaurants Inc. who owns both chains said they will not cut their full time employees to part time.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

But we're only going to soak, I mean tax the rich, those bastards:

Online sales tax to be added to defense authorization bill

“A proposed online sales tax has been offered as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, much to the ire of opponents.

The Computer and Communications Industry Association, a group that opposes this move, says that an online sales tax will burden small businesses,“some of the most promising candidates for future economic growth.”

Take THAT you rich people! PAY, RICH MAN! The poor can’t afford computers and smartphones to make purchases online. Only RICH people can, so we’re gonna TAX you.

At least it won’t affect me.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Tax only the Rich part 2:

Howard Dean admitted what we all knew. They’re not just going to tax the rich. They’re really coming after everybody:

HOWARD DEAN:“The only problem is -- and this is initially going to seem like heresy from a progressive is -- the truth is everybody needs to pay more taxes, not just the rich. And it's a good start. But we're not going to get out of this deficit problem unless we raise taxes across the board, to go back to what Bill Clinton had and his taxes. And if we don't do that, the problem is the pressure is going to be on spending even more.”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/1...

Click your heels and repeat after me. Tax only the rich. Tax only the rich. Tax only the rich.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Just for the record,the veteran has an apartment,vouchers for food,rent,is not without family.Is refusing his amenities. Cannot force him.
It's a mental problem.
And Tennessee is the best ,most well managed ,most secure of any state.
Stop runnimg down your state YOU choose to live in OR move.The road goes both ways.
STOP running down our state officials and the people elected to serve.
EVERY single thing you and Dunlapian post is negative and against this state governmet.
OR Filthy talk. And you wonder why others are not posting.
Blame others. You used filthy talk on Spray thread and this one too to men.And you taught your kids MORALs ???
You say one thing,today,cussing ,talking dirty tomorrow,with whoever will join you.

Last night, read you with others on State thread about the storms and Greenville .talk also. Whoever you join in How "hick" people are here needs to move to HAITI.Perhapss you'd kiss the ground when you got home,to TENNESSEE.
You can't improve on anything you assault.
SASSY,you think you sare a gift to the world when you really are so hillbilly in talk,you're pitiful.You live in the past.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

BC Alien wrote:
New light bulbs on the way. Maybe here in 5 yr.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
Oh. good. Just what we need. More plastic in our landfills.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
This just breaks my Heart and makes me cry! He's obviously Mentally ill. There's has to be some way to help him and get him the care and treatment that he needs. He's a Veteran, for God's Sake!
----------
"Barefoot Homeless Man Not Actually Homeless."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/barefoot-...
Poverty is a state of mind. Indeed, with all the "help" that is available, the truly homeless are that way because they prefer it.

From your article:

The Daily News reports that various city organizations have attempted to help Hillman. Barbara Brancaccio, a spokesperson for the city's Homeless Service said, "He [Hillman] has a history of turning down services."

So what do you think we ought to do. FORCE him? That always works well.

And finally: The man's brother, Kirk Hillman, said. "Our door is always open to him, but this is a lifestyle he's chosen."

So why would you want to change that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
Now the latest from "Red Lobster" and "Olive Garden", seems like now they have had a change of heart about having their full time employees cut to part time because of "Obama Care".
Darden Restaurants Inc. who owns both chains said they will not cut their full time employees to part time.
Their business dropped off tremendously, that's why. They said the loss of business costs them more than paying for the Full-time Employees.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
Just for the record,the veteran has an apartment,vouchers for food,rent,is not without family.Is refusing his amenities. Cannot force him.
It's a mental problem.
Stop runnimg down your state YOU choose to live in OR move.The road goes both ways.
EVERY single thing you and Dunlapian post is negative and against this state governmet.
Blame others. You used filthy talk on Spray thread and this one too to men.And you taught your kids MORALs ???
You say one thing,today,cussing ,talking dirty tomorrow,with whoever will join you.
Last night, read you with others on State thread about the storms and Greenville .talk also. Whoever you join in How "hick" people are here needs to move to HAITI.Perhapss you'd kiss the ground when you got home,to TENNESSEE.
SASSY,you think you sare a gift to the world when you really are so hillbilly in talk,you're pitiful.You live in the past.
What are you talking about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
It's a mental problem.
Look, click on the Link that I put up, read about the first State on the List and then, you'll see what a Fool you're making of yourself. But, we've learned to expect nothing else from you but idiotic, ignorant posts and you ALWAYS live DOWN to that expectation! So, just go back to your Supermarket Tabloids, the encyclopedia of Brain-dead Idiots, and let the intelligent People talk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,401 - 53,420 of140,485
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,896
Gander 3 hr Goose 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 3 hr Jumpy 1,409
thong swimsuits 9 hr Al Henry 6
100 Weekend Road Trips From Nashville 10 hr Joe In Nashville 1
$25 12 hr Money girl 1
Tim McGraw Slaps Woman 13 hr KyJunction 5
•••
•••