Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57999 Dec 5, 2012
"Fox News Yanks Karl Rove & Dick Morris Off Air."

Click here:
http://americablog.com/2012/12/fox-news-remov...
astar

Sparta, TN

#58001 Dec 5, 2012
TO MANY TIMES INNOCENT PAY, WHILE THOSE GUILTY WALK OUT LAUGHING IN COURT ROOMS. AND THEY ALL HAVE THEIR LYING EVIL ASSES COVERED . EVEN BY THOSE CHURCHES , AND LISTEN TO THOSE THAT SPEAK ABOUT JESUS AND CHURCH, AND THE WAY THIS COUNTRY GOING, WHEN THESE ARE THE ONES THAT COVER FOR THESE EVIL THAT IS CHANGING AMERICA , PREACHERS THAT CALL EVIL GOOD, SOME NEED TO LEARN MEANING OF WHY JESUS SAID FORGIVE THEM, THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. NO BETTER THAN CONS IN CRIME THAT IS DESTROYING THIS NATION.
KarlROVE

Elizabethton, TN

#58002 Dec 5, 2012
greeneville tn povertyville went with HASLAM

Location hidden

#58003 Dec 5, 2012
KarlROVE wrote:
greeneville tn povertyville went with HASLAM
That figures, from what has been posted on Topix about that place.
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#58006 Dec 5, 2012
Army manuals for re-education camps http://bit.ly/INftdV
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#58007 Dec 5, 2012
Most of what is contained in the over-500-page 2012 version of the NDAA is inimical to liberty. For example, under the provisions of the aforementioned Section 1021, the President is afforded the absolute power to arrest and detain citizens of the United States without their being informed of any criminal charges, without a trial on the merits of those charges, and without a scintilla of the due process safeguards protected by the Constitution of the United States.

In order to execute this immense power, the NDAA unlawfully grants the President the absolute and unquestionable authority to deploy the armed forces of the United States to apprehend and to indefinitely detain those suspected of threatening the security of the “homeland.” In the language of this legislation, these people are called “covered persons.”

Regardless of promises to the contrary, the language of the NDAA places every citizen of the United States within the universe of potential “covered persons.” Any American could one day find himself or herself branded a “belligerent” and thus subject to the complete confiscation of his or her constitutional civil liberties and nearly never-ending incarceration in a military prison.

The NDAA for Fiscal Year 2013 will now soon come before the full body of the House of Representatives for a vote. No doubt the deliberations will feature speeches decrying the revocation of habeas corpus and the legalization of the indefinite detention of Americans in military prisons based on nothing more than presidential suspicion.

So as to prevent these denouncements from being nothing more than sound and fury signifying nothing, Americans must be actively engaged in the fight to prevent such precedents from being set. We must remember that these deviations from the strait and narrow constitutional path have placed our Republic on a trajectory toward tyranny.

Location hidden

#58008 Dec 5, 2012
Why is Topix so boring today? There's nobody to talk to. Has the Stupidity of the Trolls finally succeeding in running EVERYBODY with a functioning Brain, off Topix...did they finally say, "ENOUGH" and move on to another Talk Forum?:(

I was invited to join a much nicer one and I have. Now, if I can just get them to talk more, I'm outta here, too!

Location hidden

#58009 Dec 5, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
Most of what is contained in the over-500-page 2012 version of the NDAA is inimical to liberty. For example, under the provisions of the aforementioned Section 1021, the President is afforded the absolute power to arrest and detain citizens of the United States without their being informed of any criminal charges, without a trial on the merits of those charges, and without a scintilla of the due process safeguards protected by the Constitution of the United States.
In order to execute this immense power, the NDAA unlawfully grants the President the absolute and unquestionable authority to deploy the armed forces of the United States to apprehend and to indefinitely detain those suspected of threatening the security of the “homeland.” In the language of this legislation, these people are called “covered persons.”
Regardless of promises to the contrary, the language of the NDAA places every citizen of the United States within the universe of potential “covered persons.” Any American could one day find himself or herself branded a “belligerent” and thus subject to the complete confiscation of his or her constitutional civil liberties and nearly never-ending incarceration in a military prison.
The NDAA for Fiscal Year 2013 will now soon come before the full body of the House of Representatives for a vote. No doubt the deliberations will feature speeches decrying the revocation of habeas corpus and the legalization of the indefinite detention of Americans in military prisons based on nothing more than presidential suspicion.
So as to prevent these denouncements from being nothing more than sound and fury signifying nothing, Americans must be actively engaged in the fight to prevent such precedents from being set. We must remember that these deviations from the strait and narrow constitutional path have placed our Republic on a trajectory toward tyranny.
If you'll call your Congressperson and let them know how you feel about this, I've got the number for you to call, if you want it. Or, if you know your Congressperson's Name, email them! But, calling would probably do more good...if you're polite!
Google or Bing...U.S. House of Representatives.gov ...that should take you to a place that will have a list of all the Representatives, their Office Phone Numbers and their Email Addresses.

Location hidden

#58010 Dec 5, 2012
But WILLARD, there's about 369 million People in the mainland U.S. alone...how can the Gov't. "detain" and lock up even one fourth of them, for the reasons that you're saying? Man, use your Brain!

Location hidden

#58011 Dec 5, 2012
Oh WOW, look which State is listed first!
----------
"America's 50 Worst State Legislatures."

("Because it's never good when your State's grestest Legislative Achievement is,'Wrestlemania Appreciation Week'.")

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/a...

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

#58012 Dec 5, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Why is Topix so boring today? There's nobody to talk to. Has the Stupidity of the Trolls finally succeeding in running EVERYBODY with a functioning Brain, off Topix...did they finally say, "ENOUGH" and move on to another Talk Forum?:(
I was invited to join a much nicer one and I have. Now, if I can just get them to talk more, I'm outta here, too!
But, you're a troll.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#58013 Dec 5, 2012
Date: March 16, 2006

Place: Senate Floor

Speech:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.

Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion.That is “trillion” with a “T.” That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on. Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities.

Fast forward to today, when the same senator, now president, is openly threatening with using a veto to impose his will on raising the debt ceiling over that of what, at least according to the Congress, is still the majority of Americans.

So much change in 6 years indeed...

Location hidden

#58014 Dec 5, 2012
Howards_Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you're a troll.
No, but you're a self-proclaimed Pervert!

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

#58015 Dec 5, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you're a self-proclaimed Pervert!
Beats a troll any day.:-)
Still mad because your "revenge" last night blew up in your face?

Location hidden

#58016 Dec 5, 2012
"Veteran's Advocate To Congress: Reconstruct Missing War Records."

Click here:
http://www.propublica.org/article/veterans-ad...
HickUp

North Augusta, SC

#58019 Dec 5, 2012
Very Funny wrote:
As impressive as the laws it passed were, though, the Tennessee Legislature was perhaps defined by its individual acts of #fail. In January, GOP state Sen. Bo Watson introduced legislation designed to crack down on the scourge of transgender citizens, by introducing legislation that, per ThinkProgress, "would institute a $50 fine for anybody who does not use the public restroom or dressing room that matches the sex identification on his or her birth certificate." In April, Republican state Rep. Matthew Hill introduced a bill to disclose the names of all doctors who perform abortions in the state, along with demographic information about patients that could possibly be used to identify them. In July, the Huffington Post reported that GOP state Rep. Kelly Keisling "emailed constituents Tuesday morning with a rumor circulating in conservative circles that President Barack Obama is planning to stage a fake assassination attempt in an effort to stop the 2012 election from happening.
Is it true that only the best and the brightest make it to Nashville?

Location hidden

#58021 Dec 5, 2012
It's kind of embarrassing to have to admit that you live in this State, sometimes, isn't it?

Location hidden

#58022 Dec 5, 2012
I've posted before that Joy Behar used to date Bill O'Reilly and she told on, "The View" , while he was sitting there as a Guest, that he was a Registered Democrat, and he didn't confirm nor deny it. So, I figure that it was true or he would have denied it. She also said that he wasn't anything like the Person he portrayed on Fox News. It's all for show, People, it's not real News and it's not real News reporting.
----------
"David Silverman: O'Reilly's Job Is 'To Portray This Horrible Character'."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/05/david-s...
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#58023 Dec 5, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
It's kind of embarrassing to have to admit that you live in this State, sometimes, isn't it?
I read your comment earlier about Greeneville. I have relatives there, and when I go to visit I think 'what a bunch of hicks', but really it is a midsized town and probably no worse than many other small and midsized towns in TN. Much of TN is too busy "clinging to their guns and bibles" to ever see anything else other than what they have always been taught. I will be in big trouble for that statement...

Location hidden

#58024 Dec 5, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your comment earlier about Greeneville. I have relatives there, and when I go to visit I think 'what a bunch of hicks', but really it is a midsized town and probably no worse than many other small and midsized towns in TN. Much of TN is too busy "clinging to their guns and bibles" to ever see anything else other than what they have always been taught. I will be in big trouble for that statement...
Probably, because the truth always hurts those that don't want to face reality. We seem to have more than our share of those kind of People in TN. And you're right, it isn't just in Greeneville, either. Greeneville Voters didn't elect the Members of our State Legislature all by themselves.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 8 min barry 3,988
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 46 min nashvegas1 2,088
Yes 2 hr Needy 48
TN state offices 4 hr Gappy 3
Accidents 8 hr Yep 4
Sharia law and islamist extremists Wed citizen 4
New in nashville Tue Jds1973 1
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web