Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57846 Dec 3, 2012
Speaking of "testy", where did WILLARD go? lol!
I hope it wasn't something I said!:)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57847 Dec 3, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Sassy, I believe when I started talking about past lives he ran out and jumped off his railing.
Gatta Go Sassy..........Later!
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#57848 Dec 3, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Yes, Everything!:)

Location hidden

#57849 Dec 3, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Now listen here, It's late and I'm tired! You're supposed to melt for O.T., the dumb one!! You'll be eternally enobelized on Venus itself! Think of it, you could be "Goddess divine," who takes in the stupid porch-dog that everyone else just kicks out of the way..do dogs wear old spice? It very well could be the love of the millennium..the only love in the entire universe born solely upon sheer sympathy! I'm telling you..you can do this!! Look, he may be older than you and may look like a Klingon, but those Towncraft suits at pennys are cheap enough! God, don't mess this up!
LMAO! Eternally what??? Enobelized? Is that anything like "in love with"...or situated...WILLARD, don't use those 20 words. You've already told me that I've got a 5 dollar brain. Next thing, you'll be wanting your change and I'm broke, too.:)
There's just one little itsy-bitsy problem...I think OT has a Wife! And I'll betcha that she's not going to give him up, not to me or anybody else...and I'm too old to get in a Cat Fight over a Man, not to mention, too proud! Actually, I was too old for that when I was 20...and too proud!:)

Location hidden

#57850 Dec 3, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, I believe when I started talking about past lives he ran out and jumped off his railing.
Gatta Go Sassy..........Later!
Bye, Dunlapian.:)

Location hidden

#57851 Dec 3, 2012
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Everything!:)
Ah, c'mon WILLARD, I was just teasing ya. You were holdng your own pretty well, too, you know.:)
Hey

Manchester, TN

#57852 Dec 3, 2012
I don't have a wife.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#57853 Dec 3, 2012
What? You gals all run for the hills.
lowsdown

Kingsport, TN

#57854 Dec 4, 2012
Why do you folk want to talk about old stuff? It is after all 2012.

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

#57855 Dec 4, 2012
Willard was just trolling. The rest of us were having fun with it.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57856 Dec 4, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, c'mon WILLARD, I was just teasing ya. You were holdng your own pretty well, too, you know.:)
Holding his own ??? Not with Maryann AND Carol ! Chuckles.
Ghair

Livingston, TN

#57858 Dec 4, 2012
Putin Offers Romney Job Guarding Siberian Dog Shit
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57859 Dec 4, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
People, if you never read anything else that's put up in a Link, please, please read this, particularly you Republicans and Tea Party members. It will catch you up fast and keep you hanging on to every word, in the process.
----------
"How Wall Street Hollowed Out Industrial America."
("Forget the fiscal cliff. America's real problem is a Wall Street that has eaten up Industrial America and threatens to consume the rest of us.")
Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/h...
Thanks for the link "Sassy". This mirrors what I posted about, regarding what kind of America our generation is leaving for the next ones, as opposed to the one left to us.
As Reagan was declaring morning in America, he sent us racing to the bottom of the stack. Greed was good....for him and his pals, but not for the country. Republicans want him on Mt. Rushmore....I suspect when the final chapter is finally written on his presidency by historians, they will determine that he didn't have as much to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union as he did with the collapse of the great experiment called The United States of America.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57860 Dec 4, 2012
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist much? You should go pray about that. Talk Mary Ann and Carol into laying hands on you (if you can) and you might stop being such a hate filled old geezer.
Excellent! tks.

;)

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

#57861 Dec 4, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
As Reagan was declaring morning in America, he sent us racing to the bottom of the stack. Greed was good....for him and his pals, but not for the country.
As much as I despise Bush... It is true that Regan actually started this mess. Too bad it has taken years to see the effects.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#57862 Dec 4, 2012
While President Obama insists the Bush tax cuts caused the recession and record deficits, his own economists say otherwise.

He might want to consult their data for the truth.

Kicking off fiscal cliff negotiations last month, Obama said: "What I'm not going to do is extend Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% that we can't afford and, according to economists, will have the least positive impact on our economy."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials...se...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#57863 Dec 4, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the link "Sassy". This mirrors what I posted about, regarding what kind of America our generation is leaving for the next ones, as opposed to the one left to us.
As Reagan was declaring morning in America, he sent us racing to the bottom of the stack. Greed was good....for him and his pals, but not for the country. Republicans want him on Mt. Rushmore....I suspect when the final chapter is finally written on his presidency by historians, they will determine that he didn't have as much to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union as he did with the collapse of the great experiment called The United States of America.
It's all Reagan's fault? Permit me to quote from this dismal dissertation:

Quotations from Chairman Steve Fraser:

"In the mid-1970s, Hugh Carey, then governor of New York, was already noting the hollowing out of his part of America. New York City, after all, was threatening to go bankrupt. "

I did not know that Reagan was president during that time. And all this time I thought that Carter was president from 1976 to 1980, aka the mid-70's.

"Camden, New Jersey, for example, had long been a robust, diversified small industrial city. By the early 1970s, however, its reform mayor Angelo Errichetti was describing it this way: "It looked like the Vietcong had bombed us to get even. The pride of Camden... was now a rat-infested skeleton of yesterday, a visible obscenity of urban decay. The years of neglect, slumlord exploitation, tenant abuse, government bungling, indecisive and short-sighted policy had transformed the city's housing, business, and industrial stock into a ravaged, rat-infested cancer on a sick, old industrial city."

Hmm. Now Reagan was president in the Early 70's?

"Once upon a time, Youngstown, Ohio, was a typical smokestack city, part of the steel belt running through Pennsylvania and Ohio. As with Camden, things there started turning south in the 1970s."

Again, the downturn was well before Reagan, and completely during Carter's time at bat.

"If you were unfortunate enough to live in the small industrial city of Mansfield, Ohio, for the last 40 years, you would have witnessed in microcosm the dystopia of destruction unfolding in similar places everywhere. For a century, workshops there had made a kaleidoscope of goods: stoves, tires, steel, machinery, refrigerators, and cars. Then Mansfield's rust belt started narrowing as one plant after another went shut down: Dominion Electric in 1971, Mansfield Tire and Rubber in 1978, Hoover Plastics in 1980...."

May I remind you which party was in charge of Congress during this time?

When you make an argument such as it all started with Reagan, at least make sure your sources agree with you.

The deterioration of this society goes much deeper than just the economy. The economy WILL come back. Stupid policies by either party may hasten or delay that come back, but they can't stop it.

The real problems have more to do with the breakdown of the mores of society. My generation convinced the old guard that we should be able to vote at age 18, because we were growed up. Today, you're not growed up until you're 26. That's progress?

We are constantly bombarded with an emphasis on education, yet our schools are lucky to graduate 65% of those who start high school. Is this due to crappy teachers? Maybe, but they can't ALL be crappy. Perhaps the problem isn't the teachers, the teaching environment, or the lack of funding. Maybe the problem is that the kids just don't give a crap. Oohhhh. Don't say that!

Marriage today is a joke. Indeed, half of all babies who survive the abortion decision, are born out of wedlock. And we give momma special privileges and benefits for being a single mother.

Obama used the progressive slogan, "Forward". Unfortunately, you can progress forward on a descent.

And that descent started long before Reagan.

Location hidden

#57864 Dec 4, 2012
"EXCLUSIVE: Dick Armey Quits Tea Party Group In Split Over Direction."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/12/dick-...

Location hidden

#57865 Dec 4, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all Reagan's fault? Permit me to quote from this dismal dissertation:
Quotations from Chairman Steve Fraser:
"In the mid-1970s, Hugh Carey, then governor of New York, was already noting the hollowing out of his part of America. New York City, after all, was threatening to go bankrupt. "
I did not know that Reagan was president during that time. And all this time I thought that Carter was president from 1976 to 1980, aka the mid-70's.
"Camden, New Jersey, for example, had long been a robust, diversified small industrial city. By the early 1970s, however, its reform mayor Angelo Errichetti was describing it this way: "It looked like the Vietcong had bombed us to get even. The pride of Camden... was now a rat-infested skeleton of yesterday, a visible obscenity of urban decay. The years of neglect, slumlord exploitation, tenant abuse, government bungling, indecisive and short-sighted policy had transformed the city's housing, business, and industrial stock into a ravaged, rat-infested cancer on a sick, old industrial city."
Hmm. Now Reagan was president in the Early 70's?
"Once upon a time, Youngstown, Ohio, was a typical smokestack city, part of the steel belt running through Pennsylvania and Ohio. As with Camden, things there started turning south in the 1970s."
Again, the downturn was well before Reagan, and completely during Carter's time at bat.
"If you were unfortunate enough to live in the small industrial city of Mansfield, Ohio, for the last 40 years, you would have witnessed in microcosm the dystopia of destruction unfolding in similar places everywhere. For a century, workshops there had made a kaleidoscope of goods: stoves, tires, steel, machinery, refrigerators, and cars. Then Mansfield's rust belt started narrowing as one plant after another went shut down: Dominion Electric in 1971, Mansfield Tire and Rubber in 1978, Hoover Plastics in 1980...."
May I remind you which party was in charge of Congress during this time?
When you make an argument such as it all started with Reagan, at least make sure your sources agree with you.
The deterioration of this society goes much deeper than just the economy. The economy WILL come back. Stupid policies by either party may hasten or delay that come back, but they can't stop it.
The real problems have more to do with the breakdown of the mores of society. My generation convinced the old guard that we should be able to vote at age 18, because we were growed up. Today, you're not growed up until you're 26. That's progress?
We are constantly bombarded with an emphasis on education, yet our schools are lucky to graduate 65% of those who start high school. Is this due to crappy teachers? Maybe, but they can't ALL be crappy. Perhaps the problem isn't the teachers, the teaching environment, or the lack of funding. Maybe the problem is that the kids just don't give a crap. Oohhhh. Don't say that!
Marriage today is a joke. Indeed, half of all babies who survive the abortion decision, are born out of wedlock. And we give momma special privileges and benefits for being a single mother.
Obama used the progressive slogan, "Forward". Unfortunately, you can progress forward on a descent.
And that descent started long before Reagan.
But, Reagan could have stopped the beginning decline in it's infancy, when it would have been so easy to do. But instead, he chose to Magnify it and and kick it into high gear, with his "Trickle-down" theory of economics. It's been a "doomsday" scenario for this Nation and the Average American ever since, but a "Gold Rush" for the Wealthy! It has to stop, and be turned around or it will destroy ALL of us!

Location hidden

#57866 Dec 4, 2012
"GOP Sen. Jim DeMint: Boehner's 'Fiscal Cliff' Proposal 'Will Destroy American Jobs'."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gop-sen-ji...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yes 18 min Doctorthought 23
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr GayleWood 3,976
Accidents 7 hr Cautious Driver 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 11 hr Red Dog 2,082
Sharia law and islamist extremists 13 hr citizen 4
New in nashville 18 hr Jds1973 1
Recommendation Needed for Roofing Company 21 hr Website Operator 5

Flood Warning for Davidson County was issued at March 04 at 4:16PM CST

Nashville Dating
Find my Match