Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57337 Nov 28, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
With all of these "followers", he must have much charismatic authority.
Am I the only One who thinks he just does a bunch of double-talk? Some of his sentences with the most obscure words that very few People ever use, just do NOT make sense!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57338 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
Rhetorical question: What do the rich do when you raise their taxes to 50%?
They LEAVE.
Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9707...
Question seeking answers: What would be the effect if the top earners in this country took their money and left?
They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57339 Nov 28, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't talk politics,you bash people who you think you can put to shame.As for her,you bring her up in EVERY POST.Now stop.
I don't like your attitude because you see yourself as superior.
Again,you like to show yourself up as the brilliant one.Political debating is nothing you know about.You like the other need to LEARN to respect the other person's views and like her YOU DO NOT.The Democratic party is not your sole party.It's America's party,same for Republican.Treat them respectfully.
Treat those parties respectfully right ?? Well how many posts have you typed with the word democrap in them ? With two more brains you would be an idiot.

Just so you won't be wrong all the time..... "Sassy" there I brought her up ! Chuckles !!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57340 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
Rhetorical question: What do the rich do when you raise their taxes to 50%?
They LEAVE.
Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9707...
Question seeking answers: What would be the effect if the top earners in this country took their money and left?
Traveling to another country from London takes an hour. You can't get to Nashville from here in an hour. The millionaires in the U.S. wouldn't leave the country...their money already resides outside of the country anyway.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57341 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Traveling to another country from London takes an hour. You can't get to Nashville from here in an hour. The millionaires in the U.S. wouldn't leave the country...their money already resides outside of the country anyway.
So we should make it 100%?
Nelson

United States

#57342 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Traveling to another country from London takes an hour. You can't get to Nashville from here in an hour. The millionaires in the U.S. wouldn't leave the country...their money already resides outside of the country anyway.
amen
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57343 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57344 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should make it 100%?
That's just silly.

39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57345 Nov 28, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> They didnt leave when the rate was 39% they didn't leave when the rate was 50% under Reagan and they didn't leave when the rate was 91% under Ike. The people predicting a mass move out of the country by the waelthy are the same tea party types that promised to leave if Obama got reelected....none of them are packing their bags either ! I have never seen so many people so obsessed with a 4% tax hike on incomes over 250k when 99 percent of them will not earn 250k in 4 years.
Personally I don't care if they leave the rate at 35% as long as they treat capital gains as ordinary income, and make it subject to payroll taxes.
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.

He's still here.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57346 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious.
Yep, there have been some real knee slappers today. Some of my favorites are:

"them being unable to post without mentoioning me"

"To mention my name is totally stupid"

"A total waste of space he takes up. Not his business who likes who unlss he's jealous.He is an instigator."

"Wold you tell me why you do personaql assaulting to posters?"

I hope Obamacare opens some of the state mental facilities back up because I think we have let too many of them out. The state could save money by letting her and willard share a room.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57347 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't leave when Clinton raised it to 39%, but they would leave if Obama raised it to 39%?
Unfortunately, OA, you're probably right...about some of them, anyway. Although, my News Headlines are saying that more and more of the 1%ers, are wanting their Tax Rate increased.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#57348 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.
He's still here.
DARN IT!:)
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57349 Nov 28, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, speaking of Mary Ann and Carol, I have to wonder if he is squeezing them for their 10% along with his other followers on Sunday or if they are all one and the same?
With all of these "followers", he must have much charismatic authority.
I seriously doubt that anything walking upright on two legs is following him anywhere.
;)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57350 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh said he would leave.
He's still here.
Old Rush said, he would leave if health care reform passes he would go to Costa Rica..........which already has Universal Health Care).
And his followers still listen to him.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57351 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>That's just silly.
39-39.5% would be fine...as it was under the prosperous years of the Clinton administration. That would STILL be lower than it was under most of Reagan's 8 years.
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.

If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.

Something's gotta pay for the government.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57352 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this guy's idea? Add a wealth tax.
If yer gonna rape the prosperous, rape them. Don't dilly dally.
Something's gotta pay for the government.
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57353 Nov 28, 2012
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57354 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, by your analogy, Reagan raped the rich.
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57355 Nov 28, 2012
Omen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan didn't rape them. Tip O'Neil and the democrat congress did.
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57356 Nov 28, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Reagan only signed "good bills," but the Democrats passed tax increases without Reagan's signature? Thanks for the history "lesson."
History lesson:

"Let us begin where storm clouds loom darkest right here in washington, D.C. This week I will send you our detailed proposals; tonight, let us speak of our responsibility to redefine government's role: Not to control, not to demand or command, not to contain us; but to help in times of need, and above all, to create a ladder of opportunity to full employment so that all Americans can climb toward economic power and justice on their own.

But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink.

Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it.(Applause.) And then we can finally given the American people a balanced budget.(Applause.)"

Balanced budget. Interesting concept. It was forced down Clinton's throat by a republican congress.

However, your side has won. No one cares about balancing anything anymore. All they care about is what they can get from the government.

Hope it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslims made unwelcome as times toughen (Oct '10) 2 hr WhereIsLogix 95
anyone remember kelly j lawson 3 hr Patrick 3
back in black 5 hr CHARLIE'S ANGEL 60
Help Stop Corruption in our Gov't. Sen. ketron 9 hr Justice for abused 8
Hey Junior Currey 12 hr Yes you 1
how does it feel 16 hr Smokey1958 5
Kelly G Fri CHARLIES ANGEL 118
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Fri wtf1999 2,238
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]