The Original Libtard

Pulaski, TN

#57008 Nov 25, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent link, thanks!
Why, yes it is! I love web sites that Soros funnels money into. I just KNOW it'll be objective !!!!
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57009 Nov 25, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't gotten the "gifts" either "Unreal" and the idea that we would vote for Democratic candidates without the free stuff seems impossible for these people to believe ! They are so greedy that they can't understand why anyone would want to improve the lives of other Americans with our tax dollars.
I suspect that there are a LOT fewer of "them" on this thread than we are led to believe. For instance old "Willard" and "Maryann" and "Carol". Then there are those that are obsessed with "Sassy" like "123" who are here just to aggrivate her.
I no longer expect debate, sadly. Instead insults and goading are the tactics of what is left of the right on here. I have concluded the best course is to get a chuckle by posting Tea Party slogans, unless and until any reasonable Republican surfaces and wants to discuss and debate real issues. That seems pretty unlikely since any reasonable Republican would not be caught dead with the tea party types that populate this thread. Anyway...have a great day !
Yes, they are an "interesting" bunch. Keep up the good work on the slogans. Last nights gave me a good laugh, and was spot on:

"The Tea Party.....because sanity is overrated."

The ones in your second post today are also so true.

You have a great day too!
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57010 Nov 25, 2012
Mad Hatter wrote:
Now Mad Hatter, don't confuse them - it is all they have to argue...

I can't believe you and OA were left out of 123 & willard's rant about the ones responsible for ruining this thread. I know you guys feel slighted ;)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#57011 Nov 25, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Mad Hatter, don't confuse them - it is all they have to argue...
I can't believe you and OA were left out of 123 & willard's rant about the ones responsible for ruining this thread. I know you guys feel slighted ;)
Now that's funny, "Laughter is the best medicine".......I've just recieved my meds for the day, thanks.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57012 Nov 25, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's funny, "Laughter is the best medicine".......I've just recieved my meds for the day, thanks.
Hopefully everyone else gets theirs too ;)

Have a great day!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#57013 Nov 25, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are an "interesting" bunch. Keep up the good work on the slogans. Last nights gave me a good laugh, and was spot on:
"The Tea Party.....because sanity is overrated."
The ones in your second post today are also so true.
You have a great day too!
The forum is for everyone,not you select few.You assault posters who post and you try to control it.

Location hidden

#57014 Nov 25, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's funny, "Laughter is the best medicine".......I've just recieved my meds for the day, thanks.
You must not have any family or friends except cyber space Sally.All hot air.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57015 Nov 25, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, it's a no brainer, she's a American Bankruptcy Law expert, from the Harvard Law school. Just watch there will be a fight just to get her in.......but she will get into the Banking Committee. After that just watch the Republicans will be crying all the way "FROM" the bank.
I wonder if she will get on that committee without a lot of regular voters putting pressure on the leadership. Remember, those Wall Street Banks (as well as other banks) are BIG contributors to the campaigns of both Republicans and Democrats and have highly paid lobbyists to speak for them.....unlike folks like you and I that want her on that committee, UNFORTUNATELY.
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57016 Nov 25, 2012
Well, looky here. The IRS just released new data, and guess what? Turns out that all that democrat pablum about the rich paying less of a tax rate is just plain oleí BS.

http://www.irs.gov/PUP/taxstats/productsandpu...

According to the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010.

But I thought they paid a SMALLER percentage. At least thatís what Obama said.

And get this, tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent.

And what about those who make under $30K? They had a NEGATIVE effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits.

So, put another way, millionaires pay a rate thatís more than four times that of the middle class.

LIES! Republican LIES!

Ďceptin, them figgers come from the IRS, not Faux News.

Indeed, once you make $2 million, average tax rates do start to decrease. The average tax rate peaks at 25.1 percent for those making between $1.5 million and $2 million. After that it starts to go down, and falls to 20.7 percent for those making $10 million or more. This is due to the fact that once you get above $2 million, your share of income from investments increases which is taxed at the 15 percent capital-gains rate, and those making $10 million or more earned nearly half of it from capital gains and dividends.

But thatís STILL 4 times what the rest of us pay.
So, this entire war on the rich because they donít pay their fair share is bunk.

What other things have liberals and democrats lied about?

Location hidden

#57017 Nov 25, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Sassy. I don't know who some of these people are, and I am glad that I don't know them. They definitely seem like an angry lot, and it seems to infuriate them if anyone tries to have a calm conversation that differs from their opinions. I believe some of them just have the sole purpose of trying to agitate and argue. I was amazed that my post kidding you about shopping on black Friday turned into democrats are freeloaders...
I've got news for you.She's dumb as hell.Trying to manipulate you.What a liar she is.She'd be laughed out of court.She's a LIAR.Any idiot can take a cell phone picture.Dumb as a box of rocks,hijacked picture my rear end.And you all believe her fantasies.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#57018 Nov 25, 2012
Looks like church has let out...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57019 Nov 25, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
The forum is for everyone,not you select few.You assault posters who post and you try to control it.
Has anyone ever tried to stop you from posting ? Has anyone ever reported YOU for some of the trash you post ?
You were the one reporting post after post from those who disagreed with you, trying to gain an advantage. Now you act like the wronged party, as if all those reported should suddenly love you....Give me a break.
You have no interest in contributing to this thread. All you are here for is to antagonize "Sassy" and there are more than enough of those posters on here already. Act like somebody and you will be treated like somebody, or reap what you sow.

Location hidden

#57020 Nov 25, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no chance that "he" could ever get an American Woman of any standard...or that "she" is a Female of any standard or class...whichever the case may be, and it could be both..we have alot of "he-shes" on here, it seems.
I really don't know what his/her point is in doing all that copying and pasting about Women, unless he/she is trying to get one or trying to be one. But, this World is full of Weirdos and Topix seems to have become their "gathering" place.
You seem to be the queen of main attraction too.

Location hidden

#57021 Nov 25, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Has anyone ever tried to stop you from posting ? Has anyone ever reported YOU for some of the trash you post ?
You were the one reporting post after post from those who disagreed with you, trying to gain an advantage. Now you act like the wronged party, as if all those reported should suddenly love you....Give me a break.
You have no interest in contributing to this thread. All you are here for is to antagonize "Sassy" and there are more than enough of those posters on here already. Act like somebody and you will be treated like somebody, or reap what you sow.
I don't recall answering to you.
Read her posts about who she thinks I am in spite of the FACT that I have told the dumbass over and over.She spends her time trying to find Joe Kyle.And trying to nosy into posters sex lives or what gender they are.She makes their business her business and there is nothing YOU post worth reading.You need to do as you preach.You DO NOT OWN THI THREAD TO TELL OTHERS WHAT TO DO.You should post your little 2 cents and stop intimidating others.You help run posters off .You are so behind times.You only want a one sided debate if YOU call it that,your side.You all have RUN every poster who was of value off with your ignorance.Thinking you all have the run of the THREAD.HOGS.YOUall think you haveall the answers,how stupid you are.Braggert.
no one cares

Nikolaev, Ukraine

#57022 Nov 25, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the queen of main attraction too.
no one cares
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57023 Nov 25, 2012
Omen wrote:
Well, looky here. The IRS just released new data, and guess what? Turns out that all that democrat pablum about the rich paying less of a tax rate is just plain oleí BS.
http://www.irs.gov/PUP/taxstats/productsandpu...
According to the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010.
But I thought they paid a SMALLER percentage. At least thatís what Obama said.
And get this, tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent.
And what about those who make under $30K? They had a NEGATIVE effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits.
So, put another way, millionaires pay a rate thatís more than four times that of the middle class.
LIES! Republican LIES!
Ďceptin, them figgers come from the IRS, not Faux News.
Indeed, once you make $2 million, average tax rates do start to decrease. The average tax rate peaks at 25.1 percent for those making between $1.5 million and $2 million. After that it starts to go down, and falls to 20.7 percent for those making $10 million or more. This is due to the fact that once you get above $2 million, your share of income from investments increases which is taxed at the 15 percent capital-gains rate, and those making $10 million or more earned nearly half of it from capital gains and dividends.
But thatís STILL 4 times what the rest of us pay.
So, this entire war on the rich because they donít pay their fair share is bunk.
What other things have liberals and democrats lied about?
There is one thing I KNOW for certain, I paid a higher percentage of my income in income taxes than Mitt Romney did, and in case you haven't guessed...I didn't earn quite as much as he did..... THEN I paid about 14% payroll tax on top of the income tax. If I can pay that I see no reason why someone making A HUGE amount more than I do would be put at some great disadvantage by paying a slightly higher rate than they currently do.
Then there is the FACT that passive income is taxed at a lower rate than honest labor, AND passive income is not subject to payroll taxes. The wealthy get a sweetheart deal and with the Federal budget perpetually in the red, it will not hurt them to pay 3 or 4 percent more to help pay for that government.

Location hidden

#57024 Nov 25, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't gotten the "gifts" either "Unreal" and the idea that we would vote for Democratic candidates without the free stuff seems impossible for these people to believe ! They are so greedy that they can't understand why anyone would want to improve the lives of other Americans with our tax dollars.
I suspect that there are a LOT fewer of "them" on this thread than we are led to believe. For instance old "Willard" and "Maryann" and "Carol". Then there are those that are obsessed with "Sassy" like "123" who are here just to aggrivate her.
I no longer expect debate, sadly. Instead insults and goading are the tactics of what is left of the right on here. I have concluded the best course is to get a chuckle by posting Tea Party slogans, unless and until any reasonable Republican surfaces and wants to discuss and debate real issues. That seems pretty unlikely since any reasonable Republican would not be caught dead with the tea party types that populate this thread. Anyway...have a great day !
You don't know what a debate is.All pretend to be.A wannabe.
Old,killing time.This thread is about the old election for governor not the parties.
You all seem to want to throw rocks at others.You have no respect for yourself nor others.You just want to look good because no one else sees your credits which are spoiled by bragging of your so called achievements .
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#57025 Nov 25, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall answering to you.
Read her posts about who she thinks I am in spite of the FACT that I have told the dumbass over and over.She spends her time trying to find Joe Kyle.And trying to nosy into posters sex lives or what gender they are.She makes their business her business and there is nothing YOU post worth reading.You need to do as you preach.You DO NOT OWN THI THREAD TO TELL OTHERS WHAT TO DO.You should post your little 2 cents and stop intimidating others.You help run posters off .You are so behind times.You only want a one sided debate if YOU call it that,your side.You all have RUN every poster who was of value off with your ignorance.Thinking you all have the run of the THREAD.HOGS.YOUall think you haveall the answers,how stupid you are.Braggert.
Intimidating others ? You are slipping a cog "123". I asked who had tried to stop you from posting, and how many others had reported you after you reported pages of posts from others. As usual you didn't answer, instead making this discussion about "Sassy". Are you in love with her "123" ? If you aren't I can't fathom what else would cause you to become unbalanced everytime you post on here. Thinking about "Sassy" doesn't occupy my every waking moment but it is obvious thinking about her does occupy yours.
BTW, when you post on here you invite commentary from other posters. IF you do not like that commentary...I suggest you not post. This site is OBVIOUSLY having a negative effect on your mental health.
tush

HŲst, Germany

#57026 Nov 25, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what a debate is.All pretend to be.A wannabe.
Old,killing time.This thread is about the old election for governor not the parties.
You all seem to want to throw rocks at others.You have no respect for yourself nor others.You just want to look good because no one else sees your credits which are spoiled by bragging of your so called achievements .
huh?
Omen

Jamestown, TN

#57027 Nov 25, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> There is one thing I KNOW for certain, I paid a higher percentage of my income in income taxes than Mitt Romney did, and in case you haven't guessed...I didn't earn quite as much as he did..... THEN I paid about 14% payroll tax on top of the income tax. If I can pay that I see no reason why someone making A HUGE amount more than I do would be put at some great disadvantage by paying a slightly higher rate than they currently do.
Letís accept your premise that people making HUGE amounts can pay more. But every proposal coming from Obama doesnít just hurt people making HUGE amounts of money. Instead they start the tax gouge at $250K, which is not a HUGE amount, especially if you live in one of the big cities.

Why not start the gouge at $1M?
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Then there is the FACT that passive income is taxed at a lower rate than honest labor, AND passive income is not subject to payroll taxes. The wealthy get a sweetheart deal and with the Federal budget perpetually in the red, it will not hurt them to pay 3 or 4 percent more to help pay for that government.
Youíll have to admit that that 3-4% you refer to wonít put a dent in the red ink, will it?

And that 3-4% is a big lie isnít it? Currently, gains from the sale of assets held more than one year are taxed at a rate of 15% for investors in the 25% income tax bracket or higher, and 0% for investors in the 10% or 15% bracket. Those rates are set to expire on Dec. 31 and revert to 20% and 10%, respectively.

Plus, a new 3.8% surtax will take effect in January that will apply to investment income for taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of either $200,000 potentially pushing the top long-term capital-gains rate to 23.8%.

Thatís not 3-4%, is it?

Do you think that the rich are going to take this sitting down? NO! They are going to move their investments to lower tax or no tax areas. You will actually be fueling investment overseas. So not only will we be losing jobs to China, weíll be losing investment money to them.

Good move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr KiMare 2,862
Obama Defends Immigration Reform Action at Town... 23 hr ronnie 6
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Fri b1234here 1,861
Opryland Ice spreading germs not cheer Thu Coldasice 1
impeach Obama (Nov '13) Thu Go Blue Forever 71
Outstanding Steel Guitar player Wed Steeler 1
Wife cheated need an opinion Dec 17 Website Operator 17
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nashville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nashville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons