|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

john mayer lookalike wrote:
I guess you stupid liberals did not like the proof that obama is a moron! Here is proof that you liberals are morons- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yeah Buddy, a Youtube video is ironclad proof of anything and everything, alright! Lol!
Omen

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I tried to explain Thanksgiving to a Frenchman:

One of our most important holidays is Thanksgiving Day, known in France as le Jour de Merci Donnant .
Le Jour de Merci Donnant was first started by a group of Pilgrims ( Pelerins ) who fled from l'Angleterre before the McCarran Act to found a colony in the New World ( le Nouveau Monde ) where they could shoot Indians ( les Peaux-Rouges ) and eat turkey ( dinde ) to their hearts' content.

They landed at a place called Plymouth (now a famous voiture Americaine ) in a wooden sailing ship called the Mayflower (or Fleur de Mai ) in 1620. But while the Pelerins were killing the dindes, the Peaux-Rouges were killing the Pelerins, and there were several hard winters ahead for both of them. The only way the Peaux-Rouges helped the Pelerins was when they taught them to grow corn ( mais ). The reason they did this was because they liked corn with their Pelerins.

In 1623, after another harsh year, the Pelerins' crops were so good that they decided to have a celebration and give thanks because more mais was raised by the Pelerins than Pelerins were killed by Peaux-Rouges.

Every year on the Jour de Merci Donnant, parents tell their children an amusing story about the first celebration.

It concerns a brave capitaine named Miles Standish (known in France as Kilometres Deboutish) and a young, shy lieutenant named Jean Alden. Both of them were in love with a flower of Plymouth called Priscilla Mullens (no translation). The vieux capitaine said to the jeune lieutenant :
"Go to the damsel Priscilla ( allez tres vite chez Priscilla), the loveliest maiden of Plymouth ( la plus jolie demoiselle de Plymouth). Say that a blunt old captain, a man not of words but of action ( un vieux Fanfan la Tulipe ), offers his hand and his heart, the hand and heart of a soldier. Not in these words, you know, but this, in short, is my meaning.

"I am a maker of war ( je suis un fabricant de la guerre ) and not a maker of phrases. You, bred as a scholar ( vous, qui tes pain comme un tudiant ), can say it in elegant language, such as you read in your books of the pleadings and wooings of lovers, such as you think best adapted to win the heart of the maiden."

Although Jean was fit to be tied ( convenable tre emballe ), friendship prevailed over love and he went to his duty. But instead of using elegant language, he blurted out his mission. Priscilla was muted with amazement and sorrow ( rendue muette par l'tonnement et las tristesse ).

At length she exclaimed, interrupting the ominous silence: "If the great captain of Plymouth is so very eager to wed me, why does he not come himself and take the trouble to woo me?" ( Ou est-il, le vieux Kilometres? Pourquoi ne vient-il pas aupres de moi pour tenter sa chance ?)

Jean said that Kilometres Deboutish was very busy and didn't have time for those things. He staggered on, telling what a wonderful husband Kilometres would make. Finally Priscilla arched her eyebrows and said in a tremulous voice, "Why don't you speak for yourself, Jean?" ( Chacun a son gout.)

And so, on the fourth Thursday in November, American families sit down at a large table brimming with tasty dishes and, for the only time during the year, eat better than the French do.

No one can deny that le Jour de Merci Donnant is a grande fte and no matter how well fed American families are, they never forget to give thanks to Kilometres Deboutish, who made this great day possible.

Art Buchwald
Thursday, November 24, 2005
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Your turkey for the day

You have to admire the directness of age

Two older women were having lunch together while discussing the merits of cosmetic surgery

The first woman said, "I need to be honest with you. I'm getting a boob-job."

The second woman responded, "Oh, that's nothing. I'm thinking of having my ass-hole bleached!"

"Oh! Dear!" replied the first woman

"I just can't picture your husband as a blonde!"
Intellectual Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

TOTEM wrote:
<quoted text>It's widely known that Republicans have no use for facts,figures or science. They believe the earth is only 9000 years old, there is no climate change , a woman's body can reject rape,childbirth is not any kind of risk to health.....and it goes on and on. They live in their own universe where physical laws do not apply. Intellect and Republican should never be included in the same sentence.
I don't care for Middle Eastern mythology.

But the very nanosecond you mentioned "climate change" was the very nanosecond that "highly suggestive imbecile" was emblazoned on your forehead forever and ever, amen.
Slogan Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Infinity wrote:
<quoted text>
the rich.
the wealthy.
fox news
Me have slogans.

Nothing else.

Me intellectual!

Me allowed to vote.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Slogan Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Me have slogans.
Nothing else.
Me intellectual!
Me allowed to vote.
Me think this is funny! Tks.
Plumber

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Infinity wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention......the Republicans are the ones wanting to "screw" us because they want to protect their benefactors....the rich. They would gladly throw the rest of us under the bus to protect them. Obama does not want the tax breaks to expire on the middle/lower class. Just the wealthy. Catch up. You been watching to much fox news again.
Even if the rich are taxed more, you won't see one penny of benefit. Screaming "tax the rich" doesn't help you one iota.
Dawn

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the rich are taxed more, you won't see one penny of benefit. Screaming "tax the rich" doesn't help you one iota.
Since your a plumber can you fix my plugged up toilet?
Mad Hatter

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) told a local television station in Georgia on Wednesday that he will no longer support the Taxpayer Protection Pledge to never vote for any tax increases under any circumstances. Admitting the need for higher revenue, Chambliss — who is part of a small group of senators working on a deal to reduce the debt — said,“I’m willing to do the right thing and let the political consequences take care of themselves”:

“I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge,” Chambliss says.“If we do it his way then we’ll continue in debt, and I just have a disagreement with him about that.”… Now Chambliss says he wants to do what it takes to right the U.S. fiscal ship, even if that means findings ways to raise revenue, which Norquist strongly opposes.

Does Chambliss think Norquist will hold the anti-tax pledge against him during his next re-election bid in 2014? Yes.“But I don’t worry about that becaus
e I care too much about my country. I care a lot more about it than I do Grover Norquist,” Chambliss says.
Mad Hatter

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
Plumber,Governor Jidal said stop being the dumb party! http://voice4america.com/articles/2012/11/16/...
rayray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

grommit wrote:
Devil:
Haslam is a predominately Jewish name.
I'll let your bigotry towards Islam slide. For now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Ignorant, amoral and depraved humans running amok are terrigying to contemplate, but we know it exists, and all or most of these stories are old. It is just as concerning to think about people sitting up to three a.m. obsessing about the horror stories. To think about all the violence and brutality they immerse their fragile psyches in that they do NOT bother to share with us concerns me. Why do they choose those thought patterns?
Libtard Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Infinity wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.....the evidence is clear. Just like the rest of your group. You need to look it up to see the definition.
Me "smart".

Me tell you so.

Me booger eater.

Me I.Q. of cantaloupe.
Irving

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Infinity wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the people in the North East if they believe in climate change. I think you will find many have changed their minds.
Extrapolate further, Brainiac. So far all we heard was "climate change - the all purpose slogan!!!!"
Passin Gas

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

If I don't go to the toilet soon I might have a mess on my hands.
john mayer lookalike

Linden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Buddy, a Youtube video is ironclad proof of anything and everything, alright! Lol!
Yeah that crap you put on here from the huffington post is ironclad, any dumbass liberal can put anything on there even if it is not true....

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Is this a new "crop" of Scud Trolls or have the Kids out of school for the Holiday, decided to invade Topix...or both?
Irving

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
Is this a new "crop" of Scud Trolls or have the Kids out of school for the Holiday, decided to invade Topix...or both?
Would someone puhLEAZE tell me what a "troll" is on a wide open web site dedicated to the lowest common denominator?
Watchin You

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
Would someone puhLEAZE tell me what a "troll" is on a wide open web site dedicated to the lowest common denominator?
Ask Joseph Kyle he knows everything.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

"How Super-PACs Could Fuel The War Over The GOPs Future."

("Rebuliding the Party takes money. The Super-PACs have it.")

Click here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/s...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesney sparks romance rumors (Jan '13) 13 min Lynn7 33
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Zeke 8,964
Randell Everett Scott Bowers 7 hr Gray 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr Sam The Man 8,589
Shemales (Dec '13) 10 hr Sam 15
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 10 hr nice 1,457
outlaws and the easyriders show (Jan '13) 11 hr waiting 146
•••
•••