Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#56625 Nov 21, 2012
Unreal wrote:
I hope everyone has a safe and very Happy Thanksgiving!
I wish the same to you ! And to everyone that contributes to this thread......well almost everyone ! Kidding... Chuckles !!
Celebrate Diversity

Pulaski, TN

#56627 Nov 21, 2012
puleeze wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's wrong with being a fry cook, or a car salesman? For that matter there is nothing wrong with being a garbage collector, a maid or serving up hamburgers. They are jobs which have to be done by someone and if they are done hornorably we shouldn't consider them to be substandard. To me, it's amazing how someone could think these people are of "lowly status". Please do tell all of us here on Topix what your profession is. It would be quite interesting for us to know what your expertise is and I ask that in all sincerity. You dislike the grammar Nazis, well maybe they are teachers and it's second nature for them to correct and, after all, we do have easy access to spellcheck features on our laptops, droids, I-phones, etc. I am looking forward to your reply.
*snicker*
NOT WILLARD

Collinwood, TN

#56628 Nov 21, 2012
puleeze wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's wrong with being a fry cook, or a car salesman? For that matter there is nothing wrong with being a garbage collector, a maid or serving up hamburgers. They are jobs which have to be done by someone and if they are done hornorably we shouldn't consider them to be substandard. To me, it's amazing how someone could think these people are of "lowly status". Please do tell all of us here on Topix what your profession is. It would be quite interesting for us to know what your expertise is and I ask that in all sincerity. You dislike the grammar Nazis, well maybe they are teachers and it's second nature for them to correct and, after all, we do have easy access to spellcheck features on our laptops, droids, I-phones, etc. I am looking forward to your reply.
Spoken by the top "fry cook" at a local fast food joint.
NOT WILLARD

Collinwood, TN

#56629 Nov 21, 2012
The Original Fleabagger wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the fecal matter from "Waynesboro",(some landfill, rumor has it).
Pulaski has room to talk about crap...since he seems to me the master of it.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56630 Nov 21, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that means, Ed. But, you reminded me that I need a new Whistling Tea Kettle, Revere Ware, so I found one almost exactly like the one I had...before I burned the bottom out of it. LOL! This one is alittle better, it has a copper bottom. I couln't believe that I found what I wanted, they are really hard to find and expensive, for a Tea Kettle. But, this was a good price and free shipping and I can't wait for it to get here. It doesn't take much to make me happy. LOL!
I'm excited because I've been looking for awhile and couldn't find one like I wanted and this time I did.
I know, it's a woman thing.:)
I know what I want, in most things, and I just won't settle for anything else and this time, I found it! I'm excited about it because it's getting harder and harder to find what I want, in anything!
I found a real beauty at the Goodwill. Revere Ware and copper bottom and this pot comes with a history a few dings and $3.99 out the door.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56631 Nov 21, 2012
I lied.It was $3.99 plus tax and the old folks discount.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#56632 Nov 21, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that means, Ed. But, you reminded me that I need a new Whistling Tea Kettle, Revere Ware, so I found one almost exactly like the one I had...before I burned the bottom out of it. LOL! This one is alittle better, it has a copper bottom. I couln't believe that I found what I wanted, they are really hard to find and expensive, for a Tea Kettle. But, this was a good price and free shipping and I can't wait for it to get here. It doesn't take much to make me happy. LOL!
I'm excited because I've been looking for awhile and couldn't find one like I wanted and this time I did.
I know, it's a woman thing.:)
I know what I want, in most things, and I just won't settle for anything else and this time, I found it! I'm excited about it because it's getting harder and harder to find what I want, in anything!
WTF does this post have to do with the Gov?

"I know what I want, in most things, and I just won't settle for anything else and this time, I found it! I'm excited about it because it's getting harder and harder to find what I want, in anything!"

I just threw up my cranberries. Damn.
Buster Cherry

Kearney, NE

#56633 Nov 21, 2012
roaming1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know what I want, in most things, and I just won't settle for anything else and this time, I found it! I'm excited about it because it's getting harder and harder to find what I want, in anything!"
no one cares
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56634 Nov 21, 2012
roaming1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got a lot to do with the Govy.The Farberware should be banned at least from the old foggies cause the bottom melts when you forget and let the water boil out, and it leaves a mark on the stove and a hole in the hardwoods.And you ought to see what happens when the hard boiled eggs lose the water and they explode all over the kitchen and another Farber pot for the trash.And you think the government should not get involved. Whats wrong with you?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56635 Nov 21, 2012
Buster Cherry wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares
I'd say the one who cleans up the barf cares a lot.
the Mark Spitz Dancers

Pulaski, TN

#56636 Nov 21, 2012
"Govy"?

"GOVY"??

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56637 Nov 21, 2012
Hey wrote:
I lied.It was $3.99 plus tax and the old folks discount.
Well, I'm not interested in damaged products that have been previously owned by Persons unknown, especially when it's something that can't be thoroughly cleaned and sterilized inside and out. A new one isn't cheap for a tea kettle, as I said, and Revere Ware is the "premiere" of tea kettles, but they're made in the USA and they've been in business a long time. So, it was well worth the money and it gives me peace of mind about the contents that I'll be drinking and the way it was heated.
They are usually about $40.00 and I found this one on sale for alittle over $20.00 plus free shipping for a limited time, so I was a "Happy Camper". I love bargains and this was definitely a bargain.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56638 Nov 21, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got a lot to do with the Govy.The Farberware should be banned at least from the old foggies cause the bottom melts when you forget and let the water boil out, and it leaves a mark on the stove and a hole in the hardwoods.And you ought to see what happens when the hard boiled eggs lose the water and they explode all over the kitchen and another Farber pot for the trash.And you think the government should not get involved. Whats wrong with you?
I see you shop for cheap stuff and know nothing about good quality products. Farberware is Chinese-made and is one of the poorest quality, cheapest products you can buy. PAY ATTENTION...Revere ware, NOT Farberware!

REVERE WARE has been around as long as I have and it is a quality Brand in Cookware, American-made and always has been. but, it's hard to find in the South, anymore. My guess is because it is NOT cheap and People can't afford it, when they can buy the cheap Chinese-made stuff at a fraction of the price of REVERE WEAR. Of course, you don't know what toxins the heat is releasing and you're ingesting, either. But hey, it's your Life!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56639 Nov 21, 2012
I bought some really old iron skillets at the antique shop. I like historic toxins myself.
And as far as the "GOVY" response from the other dude,try living 3 houses down from your Senator.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56641 Nov 21, 2012
WHAT? I know the difference between Farber and Revere Ware with the copper bottom.
You don't love me no more cause I had some cheap Farber ware that the bottom melted out of.
My antigue iron skillets are more valuable then Farber from China.
Guess who

Los Angeles, CA

#56643 Nov 21, 2012
FARBERWARE® traces its roots way back to the year 1900 when S.W. Farber, a tinsmith, set up shop on Manhattan's Lower East Side. There, in a small dismal basement shop, he pounded sheets of copper and brass into various shapes to make bowls, vases, etc. He continued to introduce various lines of giftware and accessories throughout the years in silver-plated, nickel-plated and chrome-plated finishes.

The year 1930 is the year in which appliances came into the picture. That was the year that S.W. Farber introduced the first FARBERWARE® percolator, thus beginning a tradition of quality and value in small appliance products that continues to this day.

S.W. Farber was an innovator in his field. In 1937, he introduced a device that kept coffee warm for hours after brewing - the "Coffee Robot." This was followed in 1938 by the "Broiler Robot," with a device to indicate when the product was ready to use. In 1954, he introduced a stainless steel electric fry pan with an aluminum-clad bottom and a removable probe (sound familiar?) which gave the consumer the ability to immerse the appliance in water (with the probe removed!) for easy cleaning. The "Open Hearth" smokeless broiler (Now this is really starting to sound familiar!) was "born" in 1962. This was innovative in that the heating element was below the food, rather than above, as in traditional broilers of the time.

Quality, classic styling, tradition, reliability, value ... these are attributes synonymous with the FARBERWARE® brand for almost 100 years. And these qualities are just as valid today! But we've gone one step further. We've taken the best of the past, combined it with the technology of today to give you the best of all worlds! So take a look at what we have to offer, and give it a try! We know you won't be disappointed!
Jim Bob

Clarks Summit, PA

#56644 Nov 21, 2012
Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>What they shop for is NONE of your business, but as usual, you have to stick your fat nose in with the rude remarks. That`s so typical of what you do. Are you having to Christmas shop for yourself, because your kids wont buy you anything, because they hate you? How many cars are in your driveway for Thanksgiving sassy? Just one car, and that heap of crap is your car.No family or friends to visit for Thanksgiving. Sad, sad, sad.
Cars in the driveway don't mean nothing if your having a video telecast Thanksgiving.
The Original Fry Cook

Pulaski, TN

#56646 Nov 21, 2012
Hey wrote:

And as far as the "GOVY" response from the other dude,try living 3 houses down from your Senator.
One of my lawyers is a former State Representative, but I don't say "govy".
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56647 Nov 21, 2012
Guess who wrote:
FARBERWARE® traces its roots way back to the year 1900 when S.W. Farber, a tinsmith, set up shop on Manhattan's Lower East Side. There, in a small dismal basement shop, he pounded sheets of copper and brass into various shapes to make bowls, vases, etc. He continued to introduce various lines of giftware and accessories throughout the years in silver-plated, nickel-plated and chrome-plated finishes.
The year 1930 is the year in which appliances came into the picture. That was the year that S.W. Farber introduced the first FARBERWARE® percolator, thus beginning a tradition of quality and value in small appliance products that continues to this day.
S.W. Farber was an innovator in his field. In 1937, he introduced a device that kept coffee warm for hours after brewing - the "Coffee Robot." This was followed in 1938 by the "Broiler Robot," with a device to indicate when the product was ready to use. In 1954, he introduced a stainless steel electric fry pan with an aluminum-clad bottom and a removable probe (sound familiar?) which gave the consumer the ability to immerse the appliance in water (with the probe removed!) for easy cleaning. The "Open Hearth" smokeless broiler (Now this is really starting to sound familiar!) was "born" in 1962. This was innovative in that the heating element was below the food, rather than above, as in traditional broilers of the time.
Quality, classic styling, tradition, reliability, value ... these are attributes synonymous with the FARBERWARE® brand for almost 100 years. And these qualities are just as valid today! But we've gone one step further. We've taken the best of the past, combined it with the technology of today to give you the best of all worlds! So take a look at what we have to offer, and give it a try! We know you won't be disappointed!
Oh no it's Mr Farber.The top half of your pots are ok the bottom sucks. They melt and leave drippies that burn holes in hardwood floors.
Please look into this matter.
Thankyou.
A goodwill shopper.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#56648 Nov 21, 2012
The Original Fry Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my lawyers is a former State Representative, but I don't say "govy".
AND...What do you need a lawyer for you sueing Farber for a bad pot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min Lawrence Wolf 259
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr DeDominicis 9,451
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr the truth 1,559
Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car ac... 6 hr So sad 2
Erin Como Fanclub 10 hr FOX 17 1
Miley Cyrus did RU mom and dad hug u pasties te... 12 hr Ban Miley 13
guess who qreer at 1029 the buzz 18 hr You Mom 5
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search