Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#56577 Nov 20, 2012
IMO, Total Jerk is the correct answer!
----------
"John McCain: Stand-Up Guy Or Total Jerk?"

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/goofu...

Location hidden

#56578 Nov 20, 2012
"Robert Reich: GOP Loses If U.S. Goes Over Fiscal Cliff."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/20/robert-...
Oldbat

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#56581 Nov 20, 2012
SAVAGE wrote:
<quoted text>Because you don't recognize yourself ??
I was thinking more along the line of a lie detector test to see if I'm me or not?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#56582 Nov 20, 2012
Gerald Tatum wrote:
I will pay my people what ever I want.
As long as it is at least the mandated minimum wage.

Location hidden

#56583 Nov 20, 2012
I'm always amazed that EVERY conservative that posts on Topix is a business owner, although it is statistically impossible.

Location hidden

#56584 Nov 20, 2012
The Teapublicans haven't learned a thing. It's almost like they are determined to destroy their own Party!
----------
"Rough Start For Fiscal Cliff Talks."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/841...

Location hidden

#56585 Nov 20, 2012
Oldbat wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking more along the line of a lie detector test to see if I'm me or not?
Just ask me, I'll bet I can tell you!:)
Oldbat

Moscow, Russia

#56589 Nov 20, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask me, I'll bet I can tell you!:)
Tell me what?

Location hidden

#56591 Nov 20, 2012
SAVAGE wrote:
<quoted text>Some would LOVE to pay less if they could.
Yes, that's just one example of the "crippling regulations" that the 100 million + conservative "business owners" whine about holding them back. As much as they bitch about China, they sure seem covetous of sweatshop labor rates. How very American of them.

Location hidden

#56592 Nov 21, 2012
"Panetta Says War On Al-Qaida Taking New Direction."

Click here:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PAN...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56593 Nov 21, 2012
Gerald Tatum wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think my workers aren't paid well? What makes you think that any worker who doesn't think they are paid well doesn't have the right to choose another company to work for? Have you seen the larger companies that have gone out of business lately, i.e. Hostess. They went out of business because the unions sucked all the money out of them. Remember Eastern Airlines, U.S. Steel, and why do you think General Motors or Chrysler are not making any money. All of my employees are great and all are thankful they have a job. Fortunately, they are not like you. They prefer earning what they make and realize the path to more earnings is a great work ethic and a little loyalty. Go ask anyone from the United Auto Workers Union if they would rather have their job back or would rather stick to their philosophy that businesses are there solely for the benefit of employees. I have asked some that question. You would be surprised at the answers. And yes, I do know more about how the government works because I work with it every day. Your statements on government are merely opinions without much knowledge. This is an opinion forum, I realize that, but if you really knew the hurdles most small to medium businesses face in this economy, I am confident you would change your tune.
I don't think Hostess(the name) is down and out yet. Other buyers have expressed interest. The management of Hostess have blamed the Unions........but who signed the Union contract? Who gave upper management a 80% raise, who gave the C.E.O. of Hostess a 300% raise? Why has Hostess not marketed their pruduct to keep up with the time's? Bankruptcy is the best way to go for Hostess, since they will not have to pay out any pensions, but you and I the taxpayer will have to make good on most of these pensions with our tax dollars.
Yeah so let's blame the evil Union's and their members(Good old Red Blooded Americans) who spend their money here in America.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56594 Nov 21, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's just one example of the "crippling regulations" that the 100 million + conservative "business owners" whine about holding them back. As much as they bitch about China, they sure seem covetous of sweatshop labor rates. How very American of them.
.....and OT, if they ever do pay these low rates to their employees, who will have enough money to by their product.
Also your other point about so many Consevative business owners, your right, it's impossible.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56595 Nov 21, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
"Panetta Says War On Al-Qaida Taking New Direction."
Click here:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PAN...
Good Morning Sassy, I just hope whatever Panetta does it works and we get the hell out ASAP. The longer we stay the more enemy's we make,

Location hidden

#56596 Nov 21, 2012
Dunlapian, I read that Hostess gave all of these raises and a bunch more, up to 100%, to Upper Management, WHILE they were filing bankrupcy.
If Hostess keeps their Company in business, I wonder if they will have as many customers as they had before they pulled all of these greedy stunts?

Location hidden

#56597 Nov 21, 2012
"Intelligence Officials Edited Talking Points On Libya Attack."

("Intelligence Officers, with CIA input, removed the term,'attack', Al-Qaida', and 'terrorism' from the Beghazi talking points used by Susan Rice, an Offcial says.")

Click here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56598 Nov 21, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Dunlapian, I read that Hostess gave all of these raises and a bunch more, up to 100%, to Upper Management, WHILE they were filing bankrupcy.
If Hostess keeps their Company in business, I wonder if they will have as many customers as they had before they pulled all of these greedy stunts?
If Hostess stays in business they will have dump their Upper Management and market their product so it will sell in the 21st Century.
They will also have to change some of their crazy Union contracts(that the owners signed) like one contract with the Teamsters that that state certain trucks can carry "Twinkies" and other trucks can only carry "Ding-Dongs".
interested

Dallas, TX

#56599 Nov 21, 2012
Pot call the kettle on topix.net .
interested

Dallas, TX

#56600 Nov 21, 2012
I think I saw a transaction.

Location hidden

#56601 Nov 21, 2012
"Can GOP Make Capitalism Work For Every American?"

Click here:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121121/CO...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#56602 Nov 21, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
"Intelligence Officials Edited Talking Points On Libya Attack."
("Intelligence Officers, with CIA input, removed the term,'attack', Al-Qaida', and 'terrorism' from the Beghazi talking points used by Susan Rice, an Offcial says.")
Click here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world...
Sassy, and here we have old John McCain barking up the wrong tree. There is a reason why the CIA and other removed removed some words. I would say these words were removed so we could get a clearer view as to who exactly attacked us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 30 min cancer suxs 1,411
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 2 hr skeptical 1,674
how many teachers in Nashville smoke weed? 14 hr kush 6
warning ebloa is spreading!!!!!!!!!!!! 23 hr Edgar 6
Adam Hill 23 hr brokenhearted 3
Are there any legal incense blends for sale in TN (Sep '11) Mon sambarrel 37
divorce lawyer Sun love my son 1
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville Jobs