Nashville General Hospital

Nashville General Hospital

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Mom

Crossville, TN

#1 Nov 10, 2017
Its sad to hear our hospital will begin to be phased out by slick politicians:

Mayor Megan Barry on Thursday announced plans to end inpatient care at Nashville General Hospital, the city’s only safety net hospital.

Barry said her administration would submit to the Metro Council a “substantial request” for funds to stabilize the facility until the end of the fiscal year. Thereafter, Barry said, she would focus her efforts on transforming the facility into an ambulatory surgical care center, which would provide only outpatient services.

First opening as City Hospital on April 23, 1890, on Hermitage Avenue, NGH relocated to the Meharry Medical College campus in January 1998. The relocation highlights the blending of two rich medical histories to provide one of the best healthcare facilities in the area.

Maybe if we could get the hospital staff to begin a soccer team, they could have been spared.

We have been blessed with a great hospital for a long time, now having the medical service taken away for us folks, its just sad.
I guess its not enough to take our housing by over regulation codes and taxes, but I guess it makes sense, if you run all the poor out of the city, then they'll not need medical care, its just sad.
easy peasy

Nashville, TN

#2 Nov 10, 2017
Get health insurance. Stop relying on others to take care of you.
oplz

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2017
Mom doesn't have anything else to do but complain, cry, and tale-tell
Mom

Crossville, TN

#4 Nov 14, 2017
oplz wrote:
Mom doesn't have anything else to do but complain, cry, and tale-tell
That or be worried about the health care of our poor and elderly citizen.
real

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2017
Mom wrote:
<quoted text> That or be worried about the health care of our poor and elderly citizen.
do you really care?
Mom

Crossville, TN

#6 Nov 15, 2017
real wrote:
<quoted text>do you really care?
Its very sad that you and other officials don't care about folks jobs and the poor too.
Maybe your'll like the toll roads when they get them a going.
English

United States

#7 Nov 15, 2017
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your'll like the toll roads when they get them a going.
your'll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mandela's Birthday 🦍 53 min Effthatemeffer 2
Fat People. 1 hr Brian Hugh Warner 17
Old Hickory Lake Orgies 🚣 1 hr Brian Hugh Warner 12
Thats why I slept with your wife and daughter l... 1 hr Brian Hugh Warner 2
News Marilyn Manson schedules fall headlining tour d... 1 hr Brian Hugh Warner 1
Real reason economy is booming 1 hr What Up Dummies 108
Bree Smith 3 hr News watcher 3

Nashville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages