19-Year-Old Man's Body Found In Sprin...

19-Year-Old Man's Body Found In Springfield

There are 26 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Jun 27, 2013, titled 19-Year-Old Man's Body Found In Springfield. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. A homicide investigation was under way in Springfield after a 19-year-old man's body was found early Thursday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
crazeecat2

Springfield, TN

#23 Jul 3, 2013
I just wonder what society could do to help the th Future of our Town which is our Children ..is there any Hope for our Children and the Future of our City..that used to be a good place to live ...what could we do as Paret to stop our Children from joining Gangs and Robbing and Killing people..it saddens methat thw Future Children live in a World of Gangs and violent video games..dirty rap songs..and no one in thir future o look up too..what is happening to the Chilkdren of the Future is there no morles anymore..no Hope No God ..No Prayers..no Mentors..Everyone of these kids in these Gangs and some not in Gangs wishes there was Hope for their Future...there neds to be someyhing in the plan for tese Children..Who could they really be...maybe a next President .. net song writer ..next reacher..next Busness owner the possibilities are unlimited..but if we as society and Officers do not get a grip and a plan.. these Children of the Future will only be Dead!
I Know

Athens, TN

#24 Jul 3, 2013
crazeecat2 wrote:
I just wonder what society could do to help the th Future of our Town which is our Children ..is there any Hope for our Children and the Future of our City..that used to be a good place to live ...what could we do as Paret to stop our Children from joining Gangs and Robbing and Killing people..it saddens methat thw Future Children live in a World of Gangs and violent video games..dirty rap songs..and no one in thir future o look up too..what is happening to the Chilkdren of the Future is there no morles anymore..no Hope No God ..No Prayers..no Mentors..Everyone of these kids in these Gangs and some not in Gangs wishes there was Hope for their Future...there neds to be someyhing in the plan for tese Children..Who could they really be...maybe a next President .. net song writer ..next reacher..next Busness owner the possibilities are unlimited..but if we as society and Officers do not get a grip and a plan.. these Children of the Future will only be Dead!
Its very sad, these kids are shunned from the beginning. They have no role models, no help, they are doomed from the start. Cops hate them and harass them, teachers put them out of school, and the system prosecutes them in wrong ways. I am a white man but was a top athlete in high school and college and had many inner city friends which led me to visiting low income areas to see my friends. It was heartbreaking seeing kids as young as 4 talking bout they are gonna be good drug dealers. Every race has sad situations but young black males are being lost at alarming rates by either jail or death at the hands of other young black males. I had 2 close friends shot here in Springfield one right in front of me. As I mature I see these kids cannot see the importance of keeping a clean record and getting educated. I was a BUCKWILD crazy young man in this town growing up and thought it was cool to be into this and that, however as I finished college I realized the DOOM a young wreckless childhood can cause later in life. I thank God and my family for standing with me and leading me to change, this is the issue though. Most of these kids have no support and do not know how to change, it leads to them being in the law system early and they can never escape it. I can only pray and try to help those I come to know. Our CROOKED COPS in this town need to be let go and a force needs to come that is TRULY here to help not stereotype and look for reasons to arrest these young ones. Help them not hurt them, if this does not come to change there will be no future, I come here to Springfield a few times a month to see my granny and am in contact with many people from here and am sad to see what is happening here. The JUDICIAL system here is a JOKE and partially crooked, there has to be some resolutions put forward or this town is headed to HELL fast!
DirtySouth

United States

#25 Jul 4, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>Its very sad, these kids are shunned from the beginning. They have no role models, no help, they are doomed from the start. Cops hate them and harass them, teachers put them out of school, and the system prosecutes them in wrong ways. I am a white man but was a top athlete in high school and college and had many inner city friends which led me to visiting low income areas to see my friends. It was heartbreaking seeing kids as young as 4 talking bout they are gonna be good drug dealers. Every race has sad situations but young black males are being lost at alarming rates by either jail or death at the hands of other young black males. I had 2 close friends shot here in Springfield one right in front of me. As I mature I see these kids cannot see the importance of keeping a clean record and getting educated. I was a BUCKWILD crazy young man in this town growing up and thought it was cool to be into this and that, however as I finished college I realized the DOOM a young wreckless childhood can cause later in life. I thank God and my family for standing with me and leading me to change, this is the issue though. Most of these kids have no support and do not know how to change, it leads to them being in the law system early and they can never escape it. I can only pray and try to help those I come to know. Our CROOKED COPS in this town need to be let go and a force needs to come that is TRULY here to help not stereotype and look for reasons to arrest these young ones. Help them not hurt them, if this does not come to change there will be no future, I come here to Springfield a few times a month to see my granny and am in contact with many people from here and am sad to see what is happening here. The JUDICIAL system here is a JOKE and partially crooked, there has to be some resolutions put forward or this town is headed to HELL fast!
It all starts at home, these parents today ain't worth crap. The parents blame the school, teachers and everybody else under the sun but themselves. Until black people stop leaning on the excuse crutch and stop the stereotyping of other successful blacks as uncle toms it won't get no better. The uncle toms they call are the ones they should look to for leadership and follow their example to better themselves. That's why I move forward I leave the rest of those lazy no good folks behind
Devontae

United States

#26 May 2, 2014
I am his brother he was not trash he just made some mistakes like all teens R.I.P Reese don't wooly they gone get there's yea
Curious

Madison, TN

#27 May 4, 2014
Smarts wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but whats sad is they dont care about these young black guys shooting each other. They have info on several of the last cases where youth has lost their lives but it is not on their agenda to have to actually work. I lived in this town growing up and had friends of every race, the Police here were more interested in harassing people they were jealous of. Through high school I was pulled over and im not exaggerating about 40-50 times by this department and not once was given a ticket at all. It is such a corrupt force with the exception of 1 or 2 the rest are sad examples of police. It is forces such as this that create a negative bias for people. Small town Dirty Cops that use the badge to Live how they want. Bigger cities I have learned actually have some legit, sincere officers that has allowed me to gain some respect back for a Cop. These small town guys are another story though.

This sounds like Dallas. Is it?
rathernotsay

Nashville, TN

#28 May 7, 2014
Who died?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vote megan berry as mayor of nashville, experience 4 hr Mark Dimondstein 4
Help The Postal Workers now 4 hr Mark Dimondstein 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 8 hr Anonymous 2,503
Erin Como Fanclub (Sep '14) 10 hr Bro 19
News Donald Trump Angry That Obama Government Treats... 11 hr wild child 1
Trump Aside, 5 Right-Wing Nutjobs This Week 17 hr Trump hasmyvote 3
dee henry-jenkins (Jan '10) 18 hr Dolores Burda 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages