Local Homeowners Fight Against Habita...

Local Homeowners Fight Against Habitat For Humanity

There are 73 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Local Homeowners Fight Against Habitat For Humanity. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Monday north Nashville homeowners said they were going to go up against one of the area's largest charity organizations to tell them to take their project elsewhere.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
notta NBC zombie

United States

#64 Feb 22, 2013
volsman wrote:
I just watched the video from the site posted by No Cluster Habitat. I found it amusing that one of the residents of the area was also a habitat board member. Now that he is faced with the project in his own backyard, he isn't sure how he feels about it. Sure he is, he doesn't want that trash in his neighborhood. He is all for HfH anywhere except his neighborhood. What a hypocrit!!
The pro habitat for humanity cencer nazis with their possitive feel good propaganda crap took the no cluster site down most likely replaced it with their"FACTS"
notta NBC zombie

United States

#65 Feb 26, 2013
Habitat facts wrote:
Many of you have no clue as to the work of Habitat. If you read just for a few minutes you would find that people are not given the houses. They pay a mortgage each month just like many of you do. Plus I don't think all the worlds problems stem from people living in Habitat homes. The program has worked very well in our area and will continue to give families hope for the future.
Many habitat supporters don't know how habitat works. Please ride by some of the rundown areas habitat is responsible for (leave wallet at home) then tell us how proud you are.You're right ole habitat not responsible for the worlds problems just the aeas they assalt with their crackhouses.You give hope to some families while taking it from the people who are uprooted from their homes and have to move from the crime and filth
notta NBC zombie

United States

#66 Mar 6, 2013
ex-police in Nash wrote:
<quoted text>
350 houses in their own little "community" is the issue here, which is what they want to build in 37207 (35 of which they already have clearance to build)
so yeah...that qualifies as a "project" as its now known....I grew up calling it a SLUM
and I know that shoddy built homes will lower damages, what I meant to get across is that I wasnt worried about them being stable built houses...I was more worried about the people IN them
I cannot believe that habitat for humanity would cocntrate 350 crackhouses together .have you ever talked to a "volunteer? Its like the lights are on but no body at home.they are usually headstrong and want a gold metal from anyone who will thank them for what they have twisted into benevolence.can you even begin to figure the crime rate there.If the local city and county councils don't write it down and revisit the numbers when they become revelent to the budgets they will be sorry .who will pay for the extra police needed .Who will be the victoms of the emminent crime js?t the people in the 350 yeah right.(in the age of texting are the spell nazis revelent?)in a few years the community will be lookin for help to tear that slum down where will all those volunteers be then???So think before you allow a few individuals the greenlight to make themselves feel better at tax payer expence!!!!!!!
Jamie

Schaumburg, IL

#67 Mar 6, 2013
Why are so many selfish people against low cost housing for the poor? I guess you forgot to read your bibles.
notta NBC zombie

United States

#68 Mar 8, 2013
Jamie wrote:
Why are so many selfish people against low cost housing for the poor? I guess you forgot to read your bibles.
You must read only parts that futher your cause people do that every day .The definition of insanity is repeating same behavior and expecting a different outcome I give you "habitat for humanity"
stephanie

United States

#69 Mar 9, 2013
Bobo wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Habitat For Humanity, but you need to get your facts straight if you want to be taken seriously.
First, HFH is NOT the same as "projects".
HFH *normally* only puts one house in a neighborhood, so it's pretty unlikely that that alone will cause your neighborhood to go downhill.
HFH is starting to create entire blocks of HFH homes, and that is causing some displeasure in many neighborhoods.
I'd be up in arms myself if any program came into my town that would reduce my quality of life or my home's property value, and no, I would NOT "get over it". Unfortuntely for many neighborhoods, not enough residents are willing or able to speak up and do it correctly to change the degradation of their lifestyle.
<quoted text>
Speak up and do it correctly??? A person has to fight these idiots in court these spin doctors have been producing propaganda for decades you couldn't get a fair hearing if you paid for it ole habi got plenty ocash so take that somewhere else these aholes put five of those dinky crackboxes on our street I happened to glance at one the other day just as someone came out the front door they shut the door every window on front ratteled its amazing people even bother with these things
stephanie

United States

#70 Mar 9, 2013
Jamie wrote:
What does the bible say about 1694 police calls to one habi built slum area give us a break.
deborah

Seattle, WA

#71 Sep 18, 2015
This organization has been given Furniture... To help out the Needy? Then why is it That they can't work with the needy... They won't come down on their prices..that they like to be arrogant and pushy...
How dare them... Bellevue Washington... The most arrogant Horrible people in this world Must live in Bellevue Washington That's including habitat to humanity the workers there... Nobody should give a thing to this organization ever again
zip credibility idiots

Charlotte, NC

#72 Dec 13, 2016
Good luck those neighborhood trashers are a joke.They will trash every area they "build" those crack dens.Some "volunteer will be all smiles and wide eyed telling you what a great idea it is.hahahahahahaha what a joke.The people that build those things couldn't possibly pass those slum areas and be proud.hahahahaha.idiots!!!!
NO RACIST

Hartsville, SC

#73 Dec 26, 2016
kate wrote:
<quoted text>

You are an idiot and have absolutely no idea about how Habitat works. I've been trying to be open about the southern midwest, particularly Nashville, but its pretty clear its still bubba-land out there.
Bubba land?? Where are you from tomika or lashada land.!?? Unbelievable racist comment from racist charity.Take responsibility for the crackden slum areas these"volunteers" have "built" I use that term loosely. Why don't you take a minute and look at the facts.To do this just drive by one of these areas.Once you do drive by the area LOOK AT IT. DAMN.Now you have your facts everybody agrees on.
Not needed

Richmond Hill, Canada

#74 Apr 19, 2017
Habita­t for Humanity denied my items because they said it was not good enough. Wasn't worth the gas for them to pick it up. I thought I was doing a good deed by trying to help others that are less fortunate and these fuckers won't even take my things.....They say they want to help but then deny people that want to give.....Backwards company they are a damn shame
okay

Nashville, TN

#75 Apr 20, 2017
Not needed wrote:
Habita­t for Humanity denied my items because they said it was not good enough. Wasn't worth the gas for them to pick it up. I thought I was doing a good deed by trying to help others that are less fortunate and these fuckers won't even take my things.....They say they want to help but then deny people that want to give.....Backwards company they are a damn shame
In other words, you're too lazy to drop off your old garbage to Habitat, and want to blame someone else for your self-centered laziness.

Got it.
Child of God 64

Pittsboro, NC

#76 Monday Jul 24
You all seem very racist. I'll be praying for your souls as you continue to degrade another human being. It clearly says more about you than those of which you speak. It also begs the question of exactly who or what raised you. God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
secret confessions (Feb '17) 2 hr MissyPissy 110
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 6 hr Alyssa76 205
Rudy Kalis forced out at channel 4 12 hr Lonnie Lardner 1
Protest American Renaissance Conference at Mont... 16 hr um no 84
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) Mon yup 849
Ted nugent at ryhman Mon yup 15
Karl Brown on Craigslist Aug 13 Kimmie 1

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance