Local Homeowners Fight Against Habitat For Humanity

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

Monday north Nashville homeowners said they were going to go up against one of the area's largest charity organizations to tell them to take their project elsewhere.
Comments
41 - 60 of 67 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2013
kate

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

ex-police in Nash wrote:
<quoted text>
and why dont you take a nice hot cup of STFU and READ some of my post where I explain EXACTLY how the Crack house mortgages work and the default rates on them before you spout your liberal crap?
You are an idiot and have absolutely no idea about how Habitat works. I've been trying to be open about the southern midwest, particularly Nashville, but its pretty clear its still bubba-land out there.
kate

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

ex-police in Nash wrote:
I know the default rate here....now please explain the rate BEFORE CforH forces them to sell the houses back to the company before they actually foreclose?
isnt that handy? they can keep the number down to its present "inspiring levels"
the program does not work, has never worked and as long as they give handouts to people that have no self worth and think they are "owed" something never WILL work
one more case of "figures dont like but liars sure can figure"
oh, and by the way....I have very little problems with the HOME OWNERS in my area, what myself (and the majority of them....check the number of people from this zipcode protesting the sub division...yes MAJORITY) have issue with is these "gimme gimme gimme" handout babys getting a free ride
One can only hope that over the last three years this man has finally come to his senses and taken the time to fully understand how Habitat works. It is not a give-away program by any stretch of the imagination and the foreclosure rate of Habitat homes is far less than the national average, even in the latest hard times across the country.
Joe Friday

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

kate wrote:
One can only hope that over the last three years this man has finally come to his senses and taken the time to fully understand how Habitat works. It is not a give-away program by any stretch of the imagination and the foreclosure rate of Habitat homes is far less than the national average, even in the latest hard times across the country.
Kate, when you're dealing with someone like this, you're wasting your time trying to convince him that his screwed up point of view is wrong. For whatever reason, people like him are convinced that the Habitat program is a waste of time and resources and it's just helping lazy crackheads get another free handout. There's nothing you can say that will change that ignorant mindset. I wish there was.
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

volsman wrote:
I just watched the video from the site posted by No Cluster Habitat. I found it amusing that one of the residents of the area was also a habitat board member. Now that he is faced with the project in his own backyard, he isn't sure how he feels about it. Sure he is, he doesn't want that trash in his neighborhood. He is all for HfH anywhere except his neighborhood. What a hypocrit!!
This is great i bet he really smells what he's been shoveling!!!!!
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

We had 5 Cheap vinyl sided houses by "habitat for humanity" built on our 98% brick street. look @ what these"houses" look like when not new. The poor people building these things really need to wake up.and visit some of the houses they're so proud of.(perferrabley @ night)its great the board member of habitat FINALLY has to smell the CRAP he's been shoveling for years.At this point we spend our time lobbing lawmakers to hold habitat for humanity responsible for the increase in crime & decrease in property values by more fees and taxes to fund more police protection just as smokers have to fund their rite to ruin their health.HABITAT HOR HUMANITY SHOULD have to fund what they believe to be their rite to RUIN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!!!!!!!
stephanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

cigarette peeps have to pay extra tax to ruin their health. Habitat for Humanity should be taxed extra for ruining neighborhoods,property values, lives.HFH has money to build drug houses like they do-- it shouldn't be any problem at all for them to give millions of dollars to police departments in every community they've built these CRACK HOUSES!!!!!!!!!!
stephanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

P.S. NOT ONE SINGLE crackhouse owner lifted a finger building them i'm retired i drank coffee and watched it every day i have one hell of a documented file on the matter complete with photos.one house didn't perk and was built anyway!!!!!!!!!!
hank

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

cncnvn

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

We have HfH houses in our community as well. They are built in the bad area of town. Families that occupy them are white trash mothers who owe every business in our little town. They qualify for these low low interest mortgages in which the church I attend participates in. These are the same families who qualify for food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, free lunches and clothes vouchers. Why should they get a job? They have it better than I do working a full time job. I wish our town never heard of HfH. We have enough problems with white trash without adding more! Ugh!
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Being Just Me wrote:
We have HfH houses in our community as well. They are built in the bad area of town. Families that occupy them are white trash mothers who owe every business in our little town. They qualify for these low low interest mortgages in which the church I attend participates in. These are the same families who qualify for food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, free lunches and clothes vouchers. Why should they get a job? They have it better than I do working a full time job. I wish our town never heard of HfH. We have enough problems with white trash without adding more! Ugh!
Those neighborhoods most likley weren't that bad until HFH crackhouses were put there to destroy property values,lives,tax bases,expose children to gangs, drugs, prostution,crime! HFH NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE IRRESPONSIBLE CONSTRUCTION,DESIGN, MANUFACTURE AND FINANCING OF NASTY DEGENERATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE BULLS#$%T!!!!!!!!!! HFH has most likely defunct enough property values and screwed more homeowners in this country than Home depot and lowes combined,If we could collect just 1 dime from each to help lobby congress we would have more $ and members than the NRA.The people that say we're ignorant an dont know the facts YEAH RITE its uaually the other way around, they know only the possitive sweet warm and fuzzyfeel good crap ole HFH cranks out.Its rediculous
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

hank wrote:
cncnvn
<--This cat must be in a text coma
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

kate wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot and have absolutely no idea about how Habitat works. I've been trying to be open about the southern midwest, particularly Nashville, but its pretty clear its still bubba-land out there.
maybe everyone on earth and the smw Knows the only possitive "facts" known to exist to mankind about HABITAT FOR HUMANITY are paid for With HABITAT FOR HUMANITY money. DAH !!!!!!!!!!
HFH crackhouses and ho's are just alike. The only people that like them are the people that support them and the people in them. To the rest of the world they're just crackhouses and ho's
stepanie

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
Kate, when you're dealing with someone like this, you're wasting your time trying to convince him that his screwed up point of view is wrong. For whatever reason, people like him are convinced that the Habitat program is a waste of time and resources and it's just helping lazy crackheads get another free handout. There's nothing you can say that will change that ignorant mindset. I wish there was.
MINDSET ????? only thing set here is our doorlocks if we have to drive by the freaking area.Maybe in fantasyland your "mindset" protects you against the emminent crime. Things are different here in the real world.
stepanie

Louisburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Habitat facts wrote:
Many of you have no clue as to the work of Habitat. If you read just for a few minutes you would find that people are not given the houses. They pay a mortgage each month just like many of you do. Plus I don't think all the worlds problems stem from people living in Habitat homes. The program has worked very well in our area and will continue to give families hope for the future.
You have got to be JOKING!!!!!!!!!! READ THE FACTS????? You read what you kow about habitat for Hunanity s#%t WE LIVE IT. Hard to fill out police reports,testify,file charges,deal with neighborhood watches then try to get our facts "FROM READING-- U IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!
ugotta b jokin

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

How bad and guilty can these people that build those things"houses" feel about themselves. daaaang those nasty piles of crack crap u couldnt buy a six pack of cheap beer if you sold every habitat house ever built& combned what they sold for.
Fed up taxpayer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Yes,these homes can too become projects (for the nay-sayers that said they aren't). Someone bought a big piece of acerage near my home and the 3rd phase of these homes were just completed. What a mess that end of the street has become. The new neighbors don't want to pay for trash service so they dump it roadside. Junk piles up around the houses...old mowers/cars, tires etc. Young kids roam the streets unsupervised. Men wander, sit on porches or at picnic tables loitering at all hrs.(must be nice not to have to work). The "pitbull puppies for sale" spray painted sign really adds value to our street along with the dogs themselves chained up barking all day/night. But overall I feel oh so much safer, because since this place started the cops are always on my street! My friend helped build one ONCE. She was disgusted that after she finished the job for a woman and her kids, the woman's boyfriend moved in with his pregnant 16 yr old. BTW I am not some elitist snob. I work a modest job, have a neat little modest home and small car that I pay for. My husband works everyday and we have 2 children together. We ask for no handouts.
Fed up taxpayer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

...Don't know why it has me listed as Philly, I live in rural Southern Delaware. Oh well.
notta NBC zombie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Build a bird cage put a bird in it
Build a garage put a car in it
Build a slum ..........hell it ain't rocket science!!
notta NBC zombie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

LeeWacker wrote:
It is a disgusting, terrible thing when people can't keep their neighborhood free of the do-gooders destruction. I lived in an up-scale neighborhood in Arizona, and one day we found the city had decided to put in low-rent (pronounced "projects" housing. To make a long story short, our neighborhood rapidly became one of the most filthy, uninhabitable places in town! Crime went up by 60%, our schools were overcrowded, and each time we protested, we were told to "get over it." I have also noticed that most of the neighborhoods that have allowed Habitat for Humanity are basically white middle-class, and not just a few black middle-class, and yet these neighborhoods go downhill very fast. I hope the neighborhood can get somewhere with these invaders, and tell them where to get off!
Like I always say:

Build a bird house put a bird in it
Build a garage put a car in it
Build a crack slum..........I wonder what you put there..........Hell it ain't brain surgery.........and ole habitat for humanity claims no responsibility its criminal
notta NBC zombie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

kate wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here goes how ole habitat works:

They build slum areas and crack houses with free labor,donated material for one ethnic group.I'm sure they will dissagre.Then the recepient has to do symbolic sweat equity (won't lift a finger I watched this happen) then ole habitat gets one or two gov grants pockets that Then sells the newly built crackhouse to &#257; targeted individual at an inflated price using preditory lending practices (the sick,elderly,single mothers ect......) they owe so much on them never take care of them end up abandoned just as they were designed to. Now throw those paid for habitat facts at me baby cause they built 5 of those designed to fail crackhouses on our street .here in the real world we know all about ole habi and what we know we didn't have to get from print YOU IDIOT¡!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Medical Weight Loss - OPTIFAST 1 hr DC in TN 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,978
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Wat r we vote n on 8,590
Cheatham jail escapee added to TBI Most Wanted ... (Dec '09) 4 hr Matt 6
Feds quietly dump hundreds of illegal immigrant... 10 hr Bob Rooney 1
Tennessee urges residents to vote earlyTennesse... 10 hr Bob Rooney 1
synthetic urine work for dot physical (Jan '14) 16 hr Joking 42
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Mon nice 1,457
•••