Columbia man killed in 'gang-style' shooting

May 2, 2007 Full story: Daily Herald 30

“All of the information we have points to a gang-related shooting”

A Columbia man was shot and killed outside a Mapleash Avenue house in what detectives are calling a gang-style shooting, Maury County Detective Tony Bailey said. via Daily Herald

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miss Understood

AOL

#1 May 7, 2007
No, you mean there's gangs here in lovely Maury county? Recently, I do believe I've met a "gang wanna-be" in Columbia. He's short and looks like satan.........and lives w/his Mommy and Daddy! Oooohhhh, he's tough, better watch out. Dat's what I heard.
TUG

AOL

#2 May 9, 2007
There's gangs and violence, and tons of drugs because the police resort to making "deals" with thugs (the criminals) and get them to snitch out each other. Then the "snitches" get set free to continue a life of crime, and they corrupt others along the way. Maybe eventually the snitches will snitch one to many times...ya think? Look over your back if you snitch.
Tiffany Singleton

United States

#3 May 10, 2007
Do you have names of these people in Columbia"the drug dealers".My father's doing an investigation and he's very interested in the recent shooting that occured with the :bloods"gang leader.There has been talk of retaliation on the "crips".I have heard that there has been increased gang violence and drug dealing in Columbia.
TUG wrote:
There's gangs and violence, and tons of drugs because the police resort to making "deals" with thugs (the criminals) and get them to snitch out each other. Then the "snitches" get set free to continue a life of crime, and they corrupt others along the way. Maybe eventually the snitches will snitch one to many times...ya think? Look over your back if you snitch.
TUG

AOL

#4 May 10, 2007
I would only give names anonymously never over the internet. If your father is doing an investigation, I would think a detective with the Columbia Police would be happy to assist. Right? It's getting bad everywhere..........
Tiffany Singleton

United States

#5 May 11, 2007
Thats Fine
TUG wrote:
I would only give names anonymously never over the internet. If your father is doing an investigation, I would think a detective with the Columbia Police would be happy to assist. Right? It's getting bad everywhere..........
the ya ya sisters

United States

#6 May 13, 2007
Tiffany Singleton wrote:
Do you have names of these people in Columbia"the drug dealers".My father's doing an investigation and he's very interested in the recent shooting that occured with the :bloods"gang leader.There has been talk of retaliation on the "crips".I have heard that there has been increased gang violence and drug dealing in Columbia.
<quoted text>
There are some drug dealers we will never know , There are some we know and nothing is done about it,There are some people who are afraid..There are many that are snitches and are set free to do as they please...Just remember every so called good criminal gets caught maybe not here on this earth but he will.... ha ha he will snitch to many times ...
TUG

AOL

#7 May 13, 2007
You go ya ya sisters.............
tug is gay

Fullerton, CA

#8 May 15, 2007
ur gay
the ya ya sisters

United States

#9 May 16, 2007
tug is gay wrote:
ur gay
ur gayer....
Flower Power

AOL

#10 May 16, 2007
tug is gay wrote:
ur gay
I can see how ur gayer..your name is even gayer
ya ya

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2007
Flower Power wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see how ur gayer..your name is even gayer
bad ass i dont think so there all punks
big boy

Columbia, MO

#12 Oct 12, 2007
ya what ever their hybrit gangs there leader might came from a city to thech them how to be a killa
big boy

Columbia, MO

#13 Oct 12, 2007
man look im 17 and i was a GD here and i got shot 2 times by some dam latin kings
T dawg

Columbia, MO

#14 Nov 5, 2007
ya dude you didnt get shot 2 times the gangs in columbia our wannabes that are trying to get a name for themselves so they might start acting like real gang members but much dangerous
T dawg

Columbia, MO

#16 Nov 5, 2007
man you didnt get shot no 2 times like that one guy said there hybrite gang that might become pretty dangerous
pimp

Columbia, MO

#17 Nov 5, 2007
man i dont get this shit
fed up

Lexington, KY

#18 Dec 8, 2007
why cant everyone get along. grow up be a man. move outta yo mammas house get a job and be the first to make something of your life. any pussy can shoot someone id like to see these wanna be thugs fight without their guns. theyre just scared mammas boys. please..... it makes me laugh.
wanna know

Novinger, MO

#19 Dec 24, 2007
is there anyone that reads this post from columbia, my daughter in law told me she was beat up at a petro gas station by two black guys and stole her car with everthing in it. yes this scared me because thankgod my grandson was not with her. I talk to the police but because of her age couldn't tell me much, but enough to know that isn't the real story. because of her and my sons drug past worried she is still into it. my son is in prison. is there anyway i can find out what the story is the police have. they say it is under investigation she is on probation.
T BONE

Columbia, MO

#20 Feb 23, 2008
man i dont get columbia know more the gangs here our wanabes but can be more dangerous than any other gangs we need to wake up and notice that these wanabes our going to start killing each othere to get a name for them selves
nae

Russell Springs, KY

#21 Mar 1, 2008
Tiffany Singleton wrote:
Thats Fine
<quoted text>
the man that u all are talking about is my little girls father and i do hope who ever did this is found and put away for it my little girl is only 7 years old and almost every day she wants to know why her daddy can never give her hug again u tell me how ###### up that is so please anybody that knows anything do something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,320
divorce lawyer 6 hr love my son 1
how many teachers in Nashville smoke weed? 7 hr weedless 5
vote no to lamar and yes to ball in 2014 u.s se... 8 hr Ex-Republican 2
after today Titans done 8 hr lp field last place 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 15 hr big man 1,664
Suspect named in violent apt. complex murder (Jun '08) 21 hr shekay 47
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville Jobs