Comcast cable's OnDemand is a worthle...

Comcast cable's OnDemand is a worthless service that doesnt work.

Posted in the Nashville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
LELathon

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 13, 2008
I have been a comcast customer for years now, and ever since OnDemand has been available I have been using it. Paying extra for the service that allows me to use it.

Access to hundreds of movies (most free), no late fees.........sounds like a dream come true huh?

No.

It only works about 30% of the time, and it NEVER works on the weekend. Ever. Period. Forget having friends over to watch a new movie on the weekend, cause it aint gonna happen. Forget relaxing after a long day at work on a Thursday or Friday night, being able to use that awesome movie service you're PAYING for, cause that aint gonna happen either.

I dont know if anyone else experiences the same frustrations with Comcast as I do, but if they dont get they're act together and spend some of that fortune they've made on fixing their consumer products, I will definately be taking my business elsewhere.
jimbobeck323

West Point, MS

#2 Feb 2, 2008
I have Comcast service that I upgraded last weekend to "digital preferred" and got a digital box. My OnDemand worked fine before but now nothing whether it's the pay or free movies. Called Comcast this morning and the rep ran me through the re-boot process several times but no joy. Waiting for an "in house" tech to call and ensure I have the box connected properly. Everything else works so I don't know what that would have to do with anything but I'm sitting and waiting.
jeoren78

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Comcast on Demand service doesn't work. When they send techs out to your house (usually 3 or 4 days later) you are still being billed for service that doesn't work. It is no wonder why Fios and Satellite are a better deal. I have called Comcast on at least 4 occasions about this problem in 2 different apartments. They are overpriced and they under-deliver every time.
billy

Lebanon, PA

#4 Feb 16, 2008
yeah recently moved to scranton, PA and comcast has been nothing but trouble. The on demand works every so often. the internet connection is unbelievably slow and occcasionally the whole thing will be out of service all day. I always had cablevision on long island and i never had a problem. comcast is terrible.

Since: Feb 08

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2008
I can only speak for myself, but I have never had a problem except during severe thunderstorms. Those tend to knock out my Comcast internet even if the television service is still active.
rss37214

Nashville, TN

#6 Feb 24, 2008
Servers, servers, servers.
Installing new servers to accomodate the demand for On Demand....should be ready by end of January. That then became "by mid February". Now the words being put into the mouths of CS reps is "See the new error numbers you are getting? That's because new servers are installed and those new errors are being worked on."
When I noticed delayed charges dating back to November showing up on my recent Comcast bill for 2/23 thru 3/22, once again "Oh yeah, server problems caused some delays with billing."
The most patronizing comment in the script supplied to those CS reps: "On Demand IS free."
Give us a break! And to those appointed to the boards that supposedly govern cable companies here in TN.....you probably don't pay over $200 a month for cable tv and cable modem (required for work). I doubt that you can get a handle on this monopoly before new technology will allow an alternative, allowing us to leave Comcast to piddle with their servers.
I look forward to that day.......
shully

Nashville, TN

#7 May 6, 2008
The nightmare describe here is all too familiar. The last time I called to complain I was told by a tech manager that "if they ever do get ON-DEMAND to work right they will charge us for that service (on top of the premium channel fee). Complain loudly enough and they will send you free movie vouchers to shut you up, which take months to be credited on your bill. And usually the movies won't play anyway. Direct TV looks better and better to me.
nikko

Cicero, IL

#8 Jul 10, 2008
i have the same damn problem.

everytime i try to use the "free" movies and shows the shows are very bad, frame skips etc. it acts like im in a storm. and i have to keep opening the show/movie about 10 times before it will work.

i used to have insight i had no problems but when comcast bought it, all went to hell. less free movies and shows higher price and crappier service.
Judi

Guyton, GA

#9 Jul 15, 2008
I am new to this type of forum so sorry if I mess up. I was actually so so so fed up with Comcast, their service and the On Demand feature -- I searched the Web to see if anyone else is as frustrated. I would not hold my breath on seeing better days. I have been going through this nightmare issue for well over four months! All you get from them is "I can send a "--" to your box. Worthless. I am going over to DirectTV or something else.
jimbobeck323 wrote:
I have Comcast service that I upgraded last weekend to "digital preferred" and got a digital box. My OnDemand worked fine before but now nothing whether it's the pay or free movies. Called Comcast this morning and the rep ran me through the re-boot process several times but no joy. Waiting for an "in house" tech to call and ensure I have the box connected properly. Everything else works so I don't know what that would have to do with anything but I'm sitting and waiting.
Brad

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 31, 2008
We live in a northern suburb of Chicago, and never had a problem with On Demand until 4 months ago. Then we were only able to get the programming 10% of the time (ERR-4 message code). Since we have a small child who loves the kids programming this was frustrating. We've now had 3 technician visits (each getting On Demand to work and each with a different explanation re. the problem), but each time On Demand ceased to work later the same day of each visit. Today I tried rebooting the DVR box (unplugging it and then plugging it back in). That did the trick. But...do I want to do that each and every time? Nope! I've called Comcast many times and they've never offered to reduce their fee for my troubles or insure a lasting fix. Sure they'll send out another technician if we want, but, as I asked them...how many times would you bring your car to the same place for repairs if they couldn't correct the problem? I, for one, like the 3 strike rule.
COMCAST

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Aug 2, 2008
Comast is the worst company ever established. Customer service is HORRIBLE. The technicians for the most part are horrible. Comcast has no computer system that takes log of your problem when you call in. So the next time you call, you have to start all over again. In my 28 years of life, i have never dealt with a company as bad as comcast. So it doesn't surprise me about the on demand.
Lesa

Yulee, FL

#12 Aug 2, 2008
I thought I was the only one having problems with the on demand mine very rarely works we have just given up. If you think the on demand is bad NEVER try Comcast phone service. The phone service made my internet work the same way as the on demand RARELY. My family complained so much that I went back to DSL slow is better than no service.
shawn

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 25, 2008
we have had comcast for about 1 year and a half and it sucks ass we have been waiting scince april and are still waiting to have them fix it we pay alot of money everymonth for shit we cant watch we have had numerous techs here to work on it but nothing yet and it is middle of august
Thomas

Atlanta, GA

#14 Aug 26, 2008
POS. I have the exact same problem and it seems to have started when i got my new DVR box. Now, i get ERR-4 approximately 98% of the time. One time they sent out a tech and of course we turned the T.V. on and did NOT get the error. Another tech came out recently and changed all the splitters and on demand actually worked for about an hour, then back to ERR-4. I tried switching to DirecTV but i have too many huge trees in my yard so they could not install at my house. What other options are there??
Terrence

AOL

#15 Sep 2, 2008
Comcast in my area just re-did it's "on demand" section... now, it SUCKS WORSE THAN EVER! all i can get is comcast's "movie trailer" and the rest of the screen is blank. when you turn on the on demand section, a list of movies, sports, entertainment, tv series, etc... is supposed to be there. but that never comes up.
i've tried re booting, having a "signal" sent to my converter, techs out (when they come out, for some reason, it works, go figure) but about 6 hours after they leave it stops working AGAIN.
I just hope the CEO of comcast is also having troubles with his on demand, then, he'll know what were all expiriencing. But, the CEO of comcast probably has Directv.
Bujji

Boston, MA

#16 Sep 3, 2008
Same issue here. Had techs come in 3 times. Everytime they come in, it magically works. Stops working in a few hours. Have gotten so tired. I stopped calling them. Trying to get my condo association to allow sattelite dish installaiton.

Comcast sucks!!!
Eyeworks

Nashville, TN

#17 Sep 7, 2008
ditto ditto ditto...I'm so fed up with them. They sent techs out last month who stayed for 4hrs. until he finally realized the problem was not in my house (which I could have told him) but was "maybe" in the wiring going to the junction box. Told me to wait until the next day, that they were sending out another tech that evening to check that out. He literally disconnected my connection outside. Came home and I had nothing...zip. I reconnected the cable outside to at least get internet and cable and it worked, but alas no ON DEMAND. It's a fraud and there's got to be something we can do. We're paying for something we're not getting and THEY KNOW IT. It's out and out FRAUD.
Humsafar NJ

Stamford, CT

#18 Sep 9, 2008
COMCAST customer service is one of the worst customer service I have experienced all my life and they are complimented by their technicians who just try to put some band aid on any problem. Recently I upgraded my service and they sent me a box. After that my dish stopped working. When I asked to fix the problem they said they cannot touch other company equipment. Then why did they break my Dish on the first place. I am thinking of returning the digital box. I thought I was the only one. On Demand always shows up ERR-4.
Alfredo Gomez

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 4, 2008
...and I thought I was the only one. I live in Chicago and have had tecnicians in my house more times that I can remember, have even missed work waiting and in hopes that "On Demand" will work. I also get "Error 4" all the time. I guess it's time to find an alternate service.
Bruce

Hillsboro, OR

#20 Oct 4, 2008
LELathon wrote:
I have been a comcast customer for years now, and ever since OnDemand has been available I have been using it. Paying extra for the service that allows me to use it.
Access to hundreds of movies (most free), no late fees.........sounds like a dream come true huh?
No.
It only works about 30% of the time, and it NEVER works on the weekend. Ever. Period. Forget having friends over to watch a new movie on the weekend, cause it aint gonna happen. Forget relaxing after a long day at work on a Thursday or Friday night, being able to use that awesome movie service you're PAYING for, cause that aint gonna happen either.
I dont know if anyone else experiences the same frustrations with Comcast as I do, but if they dont get they're act together and spend some of that fortune they've made on fixing their consumer products, I will definately be taking my business elsewhere.
I too have the same ongoing problem. Today it happened again this is after two tech visits of them trapsing through the house. I refused a third visit. Listen every one

Call them when this happens and insist on a one day credit.Do not let them refuse to credit without a (office call)The problem is obviously them and an appointment is a sham.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
doctors and pain clinics beware of cindy kay am... 5 hr Fed Up 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 7 hr Isacc 2,512
C.O.C. or The Confederation of Clubs (Jun '10) 11 hr Skinz1026 36
Prisoner Transportation Services LLC is a Disgrace (Aug '09) 19 hr Disgusted 335
milfs lonely women (Sep '12) Thu Jay 78
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Nashville Thu Gevans89 3
dee henry-jenkins (Jan '10) Thu ladyann 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages