Problems With Some Patients At Mid-St...

Problems With Some Patients At Mid-State Pain Clinic - NewsChan...

There are 324 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Aug 13, 2009, titled Problems With Some Patients At Mid-State Pain Clinic - NewsChan.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

A young man died and a mother was grieving. She's concerned about a pain clinic and whether prescriptions for powerful narcotics were written for no good medical reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#332 Sep 25, 2009
totally discusted wrote:
<quoted text>well if you were to read the topic you would know that I am really well educated and just did it so that ignorant persons could not figure out who I was, so screw you, get a life and get off of the computer, you are probably overweight and your house is filthy you are on here so much, I can just picture it!!!!!!!!!! by the way one of the words in my reply at the end was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! SO FOR YOUR INFO IT WAS INTENTIONALLY DONE!!!!!! So who's the b@@@@ now!!!!!!!!!!
You're too funny. Lots of anger, too. Should probably check into that.
totally discusted

Kingsland, GA

#333 Sep 25, 2009
SarahMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes maybe I should go see Dr Rhodes to see what kinds of narcotics he could cover me up with ha ha ha Hope to see you there.
candik1012

Clarksville, TN

#334 Oct 10, 2009
OK I am really sorry to hear that someone has died due to narcotic pain kilers. But I also feel the need to say that it is crazy that a person who is in CONSTANT pain and goes to a dr asking for something for the pain ( to make it managable) we are looked at like we are addicts. I have severe pain and it is debilitating and sometimes so bad that I can't function. I have no insurance and need a rather extensive surgery but can't afford it. So to be honest if i can find a dr who is willing to give me narcotic pain killers once i can prove the medical reasoning behind the request, then i say he is a good dr who cares about the patient. and for the record oxy is not ONLY for people who are dying it was prescribed to me @ a pain clinic i went to and i refused it because i didn't think my pain warranted it. but if asked now yes i would take it in small doses cause the pain is so severe. doctors are people too so lay off and put the blame where it lies. doctors are people and they are sometimes fooled by addicts. and for the record i have everyday pain but there is nothing simple about it it is chronic and horrible and sometimes is so bad it makes me cry so chill and only talk about things u know about not what u THINK u know
GET REAL

Joelton, TN

#335 Oct 11, 2009
PAYou are soooo right!! We like other professions do have bad apples in the bunch, but considering the arreast and the number of officers out there I think we've done a great job. We don't always get told that we are appreciated, so I wanted to say THANK YOU for looking at both sides with an open mind
DonnaJ wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry for your son, but every hum being has an addiction your may be being a health nut ! I was always there with the exception of about 2 or 3 years when I was at wits end, not knowing what to do as is true with so many parents. Your son did not pass for me, I did not ask him to go fight anywhere or anytime. Nor did he pass away for my son. Maybe you are just upset because you lost him, try counseling, it may help! I have thought about talking to Dr Rhodes, but there again he has many addicted persons entering his office daily, AND WHAT ABOUT THE PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM ? I have mentioned it several times and noone seems to listen, your child's death may have been prevented in two ways, he could have chose not to enlist or by Bush not getting us there to begin with, but in my son's case it all keeps going back to the same 2 people Dr Rhodes and the girlfriend. So a loss is a loss , you seem to be blaming others for your son's death, which none of us asked him to enlist, he did it on his own, But Bailey had help Dr Rhodes was one of his enablers!
I have read these threads off and on for several days and I've really came to the determination that you are a real B***h!! On one thread you tell a oman if you were her and you hurt ad much as she claims you would commit suicide and told her that's what she should do and NOW you have just told this woman that lost her SON that you didn't tell him to enlist and that he didn't DIE for YOU. Let me tell you something, you may be in pain but I can understand YOUR son having problems with a SORRY MOTHER(I say that losly) like you. Also, a REAL mother doesn't disappear because they're at thier wits end. I have a daughter and if she was to become addicted to drugs I would be holding onto her with everything in my body. There's no way I would disappear. You are a SELFISH INDIVIDUAL!! I don't care if your so called supporter don't agree I have read enough about you on her to tell what your all about. TO PEANUT BUTTER LOVER, I AM VERY THANKFUL to you and YOUR SON. He didn't die in vain, the fact that we can even get on the computer and give our opinion is FREEDOM. SOME people are just too D**N selfish and take things for granted. They think the WORLD owes them something!! I'M sooo PISS*D that this B**CH just really said to you that your son's life merely didn't mean anything. He didn't have to enlist and fight for our freedom which sooo many people have lost thier lives, but in the same breath she wants to get on here and ACT like a grieving Parent. YOUR SON HAD A CHOICE, and he DIED FROM IT. THE HARDEST THING FOR YOU IS TO EXCEPT RESPONSIBLITY FOR YOUR PART IN IT!! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL
GET REAL

Joelton, TN

#336 Oct 11, 2009
gunnstar4912 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many soldiers do you think I have seen buried who have given the ultimate sacrifice? It is a volunteer Army/Navy/Air Force. My husband is a 22 year veteran who now belongs to DAV (disabled veterans) and does three military funerals a week in the hot sun....He volunteers...he volunteered to spend 14 years overseas and was wounded...but he is not bitter and he will tell you that it was his choice. It was his honorable service to HIS country. And however, victims of Medical abuse did not choose to get hooked on drugs...but I can tell you are bitter. Get some counseling sir. I understand your pain but your anger will EAT you up! God bless.
I don't believe she is bitter. I think she's more like pis*ed due to the fact that DONNAJ made the remark that her son didn't die for her or she didn't ask him to enlist fo her. I believe she's handled th comment pretty well!!
GET REAL

Joelton, TN

#337 Oct 11, 2009
gunnstar4912 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are perfectly welcome to opine...that is the American way...but NO,(and this is my opinion, like noses ,everybody has one). A person in their twenties who goes to a mature doctor has NO idea he will give him/her an addictive painkiller. I have been a mentor for young people for years and have had some experience in helping them get clean.
There is some problem that causes you to have to insult people. I drive a school bus for handicapped children since my partial retirement and my vision is 20/20, madam. I have to have a physical every year. But like I said earlier., I have been a journalist for more than 40 years and if I couldn't stand the heat, I'd stay out of the kitchen..More people than you know are on prescription drugs that they are unable to kick; it is really dangerous to drive down the highway! And every time I write about DRUGS the pillheads come out of the woodwork defending themselves. They threw fits when I wrote about Methadone, the addictive DRUG that KILLS.
How many time do you have to state that you've been a jounalist for 40 trs?? Yoyr acting as though this guy didn't know what he was getting. You know when your getting addicted to soething. The fact that he said he had a addiction problem and tried to get help. He had an addiction(diease) sadly he died from it, but he KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING. STOP WITH ALL THE EXCUSes THAT'S WHY PEOPLE DON'T ALWAYS GET AWAY FROM THIER ADDICTION. People make excuses and that poor poor pity story. He did it and he was 26 yr. old he only has his self to blame. I can understand THOUGH from what I read with a mother like DONNAJ. From the threads I read she should've just stayed out of his life
GET REAL

Joelton, TN

#338 Oct 11, 2009
don't know how something from another thread got on this topix for #335. SORRY for any confusion
Amused

Gallatin, TN

#339 Oct 12, 2009
First and foremost I'd like to say I'm very sorry to the family that has lost the loved one. As far as the guy accidently overdosing on what the dr. told him to take, that didn't happen, it couldn't happen. I have worked with several drug addicts and a human body can take a lot of pain medications and not die, this young man had to have been addicted or abusing the medications in order to die from them. So as far as embarrasing the family name, that should be the least of your worries, concerns, I am appalled that anyone would even think of their own embarrasment when they have lost a loved one, simply amazing to me. Wether you want to face it or not the young man that died did it to himself, the dr. didn't do it, and the dr. wouldn't have prescribed pain meds unless the guy asked for them. I can't go in for a papsmear and the dr. give me narcotic pain meds, Just isn't going to happen. So, as for my opinion you need to quit blaming the doctor whom was only doing his job. Now if he had known for a fact that the guy was abusing the drugs and had continued prescribing then yes it could be partially his fault, but the dr. did nothing wrong here and the family needs to accept what they are trying to deny and that is that the young man was addicted or abusing the drugs, period, no ifs and or buts!!!!!!!!
Timetorest

Gallatin, TN

#340 Oct 16, 2009
Is it ever going to end? This has been going on way to long.Bailey was a wonderful person.Why can't everyone let him rest.
Timetorest

Gallatin, TN

#341 Nov 15, 2009
Just for the record.Donna J went to Dr. Cowdens office trying to ruin his life after the fact she tried this on Dr Rhodes and whats strange is that her cousin Patty W worked at Dr.Cowdens office.Whatsup with that?
Disgusted in Mt Juliet

Mount Juliet, TN

#342 Sep 7, 2010
You are pathetic and must be an addict yourself, Bailey always had a great family, and I am not speaking of the side who enabled him and gave him the drugs that took his life. I am speaking of his maternal family !!!!! Donna was always involved in Bailey's life and the trash that is placed on his grave by those enabling so called trailer trash family on the paternal side is disgusting !!!
src Nashville wrote:
While I agree that it should not be easy for people to receive narcostics so esily, what I find disconcerting about this particular story is the person behind it.
I know Donna Johnson personally, and I am appalled at the nerve of some people. While I understand that she has lost her sone Bailey and for that I'm sorry. But, I have known Bailey all his life and all I can say is shame on you, Donna. You had nothing to do with Bailey growing up, and your mother and Eddie's mother are the ONLY reason that he turned out to be the wonderful person that he was. As far as you cleaning his headstone...is that what you call stealing the momentos that are left by Bailey's son. How is it that you can sleep at night? Is it guilt that is driving you or just the hope of receiving sympathy or possibly money? I have been a witness of the pain that you have caused, not only in Bailey's life, but, now even in his death. Yes, he had his own demons to fight and he struggled with addictions, but, did you ever think that YOU caused those in his life. You are to blame. It truly boggles my mind how you can call yourself a human being, much less a mother with the actions you have taken since Bailey's passing. I am thankful that there are no tears in heaven, because if somehow Bailey and even your own mother could see what you have done to the people that Bailey loved so much, it would be raining everyday. I am truly sorry for your loss, but, you cannot make up for not being in Bailey's life and helping him. So why don't you just admit your part in it and forgive yourself, and finally let Bailey rest in peace!
hooked

Greenbrier, TN

#343 Dec 13, 2010
Donna J wrote:
For all of you who support my decision to try to get justice for my son, thank you. For the others, you must be feeling guilty, or are you also addicted. Addiction is a tough thing to fight, but doctors should not make it any easier than it is. I don't take anything from my son's grave except for trash that was left there (cigarettes, rocks, expired faded flowers) quit trashing his grave. He was an addict and my family was involved with him all of his life. Seems to be if you truly loved Bailey, you would join in on my fight. Or is it that you enabled him and helped him pass away ? Let's get real here Pain Clinics can help, if you have true pain, but will kill if you don't. That's very obvious. to gunnstar4912 I apologize for any embarassment and the majority of your family with the exception of one are wonderful people, and Bailey truly loved your uncle, as well as myself
well Dr.Rhodes is the reason i am on sub-oxen today and have been for over a year i had to go to rehab 3 times to try and stop my loratab and percosent problem and Dr.Rhodes is the Dr.that got me hooked the first time i went to him without any medical records he prescribed loratab and for over 3 years i got 90 a month and it completely made me addicted and never did he ever ask me if my pain had decreased but he did ask me if i needed something stronger,but he is not the only one in Springfield that gives it away like candy i think everyone knows the LADY DR.on memorial that was just throwing it out there,but this is Springfield tn where money can buy or get anything you want .example the voters of Springfield elected a known sex predetior and put him in office so are the same people going to stop Dr,s from giving out pain pills, YOU ANSWER THAT QUESTION
gunnstar

Leechburg, PA

#344 Dec 13, 2010
We loved Bailey too and were so sorry that he came to a bad end with being hooked on drugs. Too many drugs are dispensed these days that get people hooked. Too many are dying from legal DRUGS. Hope you find justice in the courts...but it is hard to find. Hope you have a good holiday with your little girl.
Real

Hendersonville, TN

#345 Feb 12, 2012
src Nashville wrote:
While I agree that it should not be easy for people to receive narcostics so esily, what I find disconcerting about this particular story is the person behind it.
I know Donna Johnson personally, and I am appalled at the nerve of some people. While I understand that she has lost her sone Bailey and for that I'm sorry. But, I have known Bailey all his life and all I can say is shame on you, Donna. You had nothing to do with Bailey growing up, and your mother and Eddie's mother are the ONLY reason that he turned out to be the wonderful person that he was. As far as you cleaning his headstone...is that what you call stealing the momentos that are left by Bailey's son. How is it that you can sleep at night? Is it guilt that is driving you or just the hope of receiving sympathy or possibly money? I have been a witness of the pain that you have caused, not only in Bailey's life, but, now even in his death. Yes, he had his own demons to fight and he struggled with addictions, but, did you ever think that YOU caused those in his life. You are to blame. It truly boggles my mind how you can call yourself a human being, much less a mother with the actions you have taken since Bailey's passing. I am thankful that there are no tears in heaven, because if somehow Bailey and even your own mother could see what you have done to the people that Bailey loved so much, it would be raining everyday. I am truly sorry for your loss, but, you cannot make up for not being in Bailey's life and helping him. So why don't you just admit your part in it and forgive yourself, and finally let Bailey rest in peace!
I agrees top baming others .why did he go looking for pain pils in the first place.whywas he nota productive member of society. You are to be blamed nththedoctor
Real

Hendersonville, TN

#346 Feb 12, 2012
hooked wrote:
<quoted text>well Dr.Rhodes is the reason i am on sub-oxen today and have been for over a year i had to go to rehab 3 times to try and stop my loratab and percosent problem and Dr.Rhodes is the Dr.that got me hooked the first time i went to him without any medical records he prescribed loratab and for over 3 years i got 90 a month and it completely made me addicted and never did he ever ask me if my pain had decreased but he did ask me if i needed something stronger,but he is not the only one in Springfield that gives it away like candy i think everyone knows the LADY DR.on memorial that was just throwing it out there,but this is Springfield tn where money can buy or get anything you want .example the voters of Springfield elected a known sex predetior and put him in office so are the same people going to stop Dr,s from giving out pain pills, YOU ANSWER THAT QUESTION
?iI do not believe you are onsuboxone and still baming the doctor. You chose to take the pils hedid not put it in your mouth.are you restarted .get real you addict
years later

Auburn, KY

#347 Feb 28, 2012
I did not know bailey but couple years after his death got to know his girlfriend, i feel very sorry for his family and i understand how you guys feel it must be terrible to want to morn over you son or brother or whom ever you are to bailey and you cant, his girlfriend became friends with her she is an ongoing addict to this day and struggles to live her daily life she loves to ruien other familys she is vindictive very much so she has the devil in her. i have never met a person who puts such a fake act on but she can and she will do whatever it takes she will always use baileys name to get pitty and for that she should go to hell for she says she blames herself so dont let her fool you she is a heartless BITCH if you ask me she is fucked up in the head and needs help its always lie after lie she says she love her kids but she dont even take care of them. this girl has tried to destroy me and did not succeed she needs to take a picture of herself instead of judging others mabey should stop telling other business because what goes around and im sure alot of people can FUCK your life up your wrong for what you do with baileys name to get what you want out of people with pitty on you you a sorry cold hearted person and you need to find God! For Baileys family sorry for your loss and i hope you find peace and get rid of this crazy bitch do what ever needed cause you have no idea the lies she tells!
maybe they should know

Goodlettsville, TN

#348 Feb 28, 2012
years later"]I did not know bailey but couple years after his death got to know his girlfriend, i feel very sorry for his family and i understand how you guys feel it must be terrible to want to morn over you son or brother or whom ever you are to bailey and you cant, his girlfriend became friends with her she is an ongoing addict to this day and struggles to live her daily life she loves to ruien other familys she is vindictive very much so she has the devil in her. i have never met a person who puts such a fake act on but she can and she will do whatever it takes she will always use baileys name to get pitty and for that she should go to hell for she says she blames herself so dont let her fool you she is a heartless **** if you ask me she is **** up in the head and needs help its always lie after lie she says she love her kids but she dont even take care of them. this girl has tried to destroy me and did not succeed she needs to take a picture of herself instead of judging others mabey should stop telling other business because what goes around and im sure alot of people can **** your life up your wrong for what you do with baileys name to get what you want out of people with pitty on you you a sorry cold hearted person and you need to find God! For Baileys family sorry for your loss and i hope you find peace and get rid of this crazy **** do what ever needed cause you have no idea the lies she tells!
WHY DON"T YOU PLEASE TRY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ONE OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS THAT STILL LOVES AND MISSES HIM AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU KNOW !!!! THEY WOULD PROBABLY LOVE TO HEAR IT AND THEY ARE NOT HARD TO FIND. PLEASE
Donna J

Mount Juliet, TN

#349 Feb 29, 2012
I only have anger toward the physicians who get the prescription pad out and go crazy writing narcotics in order to make money !! The DEA is finally confronting this situation, therefore if you overprescribe for non-medicinal purposes, get reprimanded for doing so, then guess what " I am back" !!! I plan on fighting harder than ever and will be on the news again soon to fight this problem in order to keep anyone from suffering the pain that our family has suffered from the loss of a loved one ! Nothing can bring Bailey back to me or his children, but one thing for sure, if I can save one life, you had better think that I will !!! Back and in full force !! Instead of MADD - Mine is now called " Justyce for Bailey" I will fight to have laws repealed and will request them to be named after Bailey !
SarahMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Donna J

Mount Juliet, TN

#351 Feb 29, 2012
I want everyone who has posted to undertand one thing, Bailey has two children, those who do not know the results of his autopsy need to cease and desist !!( ignorant one's please refer to the Webster Dictionary"), but Bailey by no means should have passed away from this so called physicians illegitmate practices ! The children are the main concern, being they have lost their father due to the " ignorance of Dr Michael Rhodes". I will not let them be hurt nor endangered in any means ! As a matter of fact I have had several physicians license suspended or reprimanded and I will continue this battle until I take my last breath ! So if you feel guilty, all I can say is that you will be judged in the end, if you feel the same as I do, please feel free to call me and help fight the battle of overprescribing in our state, it just may save a life ! And furthermore, I will tell you I do not like the word addict, I prefer " dependency" being that it relates to numerous things, including obesity!! And yes this is also a dependency ( food), drugs is not the only thing that takes lives, everyone has a dependency whether drugs, food, cigarettes, etc., but one thing for sure drugs do take lives !
Questionable

Hendersonville, TN

#352 Feb 29, 2012
Who do you call? I have a family member who goes to an over prescriber and this must stop. I know so many people who go to this same office and they all go with one reason in mind. Prescription drugs.
Please, let me know,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
secret confessions 3 hr Gassy McGas 98
What is the most shocking..... 8 hr NotUrGrandpa 65
News Mike Huckabee to revive his talk show on TBN 12 hr what 8
Review: Casa Linda & Casa Blanca Efficiency Apa... (Jul '13) 14 hr Brenda Farley 24
date rape drug Fri Dan Grabber 10
8-Year-Old Found Hanging From Tree (May '09) Fri Dan Lather 117
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) Fri Educated Calvinist 832

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages