Kirk Comiskey dba Nashville Music Pro...

Kirk Comiskey dba Nashville Music Productions

Posted in the Nashville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Uncle

Burbank, CA

#1 Jan 19, 2009
Looking for info on Kirk Comiskey or his business called Nashville Music Productions.
I have a couple of nephews that sent this guy a cut of a song.
He sent a contract for them to sign and send back a fee of $399.
The language seems simple enough and we understand there are cost associated with anything.
The whole thing seems sorta fishy and we are trying to find out if it is a scam.
I haven't call the better business bureau but plan to.
Any info someone could share will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
A Cheng

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2009
my daughter also received similar as you stated. would also like to find out too
A Cheng

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#3 Feb 4, 2009
my daughter received a letter from Nashville Music Production with a contract asking for $399 for her lyrics for a song. Is it legitimate?
Uncle

Burbank, CA

#4 Feb 10, 2009
A Cheng - I have not found much on this. The few people I have talked to say be careful that it is a gimmick. I check with the BBB and he nor his company have had any complaints in the 36 month log the keep but he nor his company are member of the BBB. Wished I had more for you - my nephews did not send it in.
Brenda

Levittown, PA

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Nashville Music Productions is one of the many "demo mills" but is legitimate. He gets paid for providing a service - I have used his company and was not disappointed.
lyrics man

Duluth, GA

#6 Feb 8, 2011
they are scammers
Limerick

Ashgrove, Australia

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Does anyone have any other information. I too also got a response and am not sure whether this truthful or not of the company.
Just Saying

Jonesboro, GA

#8 Apr 20, 2011
Guys, this is a scam. You don't pay. You sign and they pay based on their belief in your ability. It is like the scammers that want models to pay to sign, authers to pay to publish etc...they are praying on people who want it so badly they are willing to fork out a small amount of money. Hit the bricks, hit the writers night out and good luck but don't make these low lifes richer at your loss.
Southern Born Guitarist

United States

#9 Jul 13, 2011
This is just another demo service, that will make a cd of your lyric. They will give you a promis to send a cd with all the songs for the project your song will be on in six months after your full payment. All you really get is a demo cd (5 copies). They will not respond back to you after you pay them in full and get your song copies. I used them once and never heard from them again, they said that my song has a copywrite in my name. What country I do not know, because it hold no copywrite in the USA! Not a bad price if you just want a demo done but thats all you will get.
Kat

Benton, KY

#10 Jul 13, 2011
Does anyone know any good lead guitarists, drummers or bass players for a country band? I am 16 and a country/gospel/pop singer and can play rythem guitar and keyboard. Anyone interested or know anyone that might be interested?
nufsaid

Upland, CA

#11 Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback. I sent them lyrics and received the letter as well. Gotta admit though, i was excited that someone responded to my lyrics. I wanted to send in the $399 but thought I'd check it out first. I keep telling my wife that it will only take one song that's a hit to do it for us. Question to anyone who knows. What else can I do to get my song put to lyrics? Where can I go? I'd appreciate any positive feedback.
Hopeful

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
I sent the money in for my demo. It's called Do You Know. It's a 25th anniversary present to my husband. I am hoping that it gets recorded by Reba or Martina, but if it doesn't, it still was worth it. I played it at our anniversary party. Everyone loved it.
Chris

Martinez, CA

#13 Aug 21, 2011
I too sent in my lyrics and quickly received a contract and a request for $399. I haven't paid it yet as I wanted to verify the validity first. Sounds like I will get a CD with my song on it for $399 but nothing more. Oh well, I guess I will try another avenue. I write recordable lyrics, not just being cocky but those that have read my lyrics all agree that I have talent. Need someone to put music to the words though. Any suggestions?
Hopeful

United States

#14 Aug 29, 2011
Chris, you might want to try Sonicbids.com or go to an open mike night in Nashville or some place closer. I am still waiting on my first break. Who knows?
Liltoaster

Nashville, TN

#15 Feb 26, 2012
This is a legit company. It promises no fame, no fortune. It does NOT pitch songs to people, it does NOT promise to make your songs big or the next big hit. It provides you a service to clean up your song (lyrics, melody) and give back to you a demo version. Whatever you do from there is up to you. They will record the song with a legitimate vocalist, have someone do a lead sheet (if you desire), and will record your song. Again, it does not promise to make your song a chart topper. Once they spruce it up, you take it from there. Its a production house. I have done some work for them.
Bassmantom

United States

#16 Mar 6, 2012
I had a similar offer from a company called 45 records a few months ago. I think the guys name was boroski.... Sounded to good to be true.... My optimism can be costly at times.
Genia

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Jun 1, 2012
This company sent my fiance a letter telling him that Brad Paisley picked up his song and it was going to be on his next album this summer. The letter we got was back in September last year. Well surprise surprise the album is out and his song is nowhere on it so now they are into lying to people and scamming.
Johanna Renfro

Chatsworth, CA

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Liltoaster wrote:
This is a legit company. It promises no fame, no fortune. It does NOT pitch songs to people, it does NOT promise to make your songs big or the next big hit. It provides you a service to clean up your song (lyrics, melody) and give back to you a demo version. Whatever you do from there is up to you. They will record the song with a legitimate vocalist, have someone do a lead sheet (if you desire), and will record your song. Again, it does not promise to make your song a chart topper. Once they spruce it up, you take it from there. Its a production house. I have done some work for them.
I have a song that is 'radio ready' professionally recorded, mixed, and mastered, and don't need some old stuffed shirts touching it. It's a hit song, done without their 'expertise'. I did it without them. It's called "The Doomsday Clock" and is NOT that crappy song by the Smashing pumpkins called simply 'doomsday clock'. That song sucks, mine is superior, and they are 'stars'??
BS It's not what you know, but who you ____!
Hopeful

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2012
I mailed one of my 5 demos to Reba; another to Trisha Yearwood. I wanted to send one to Martina, but I could not find a mailing address. The contract had expired with Nashville Music Productions, so I won't owe them any royalties to my song if it does get picked up. You basically have to do your own leg work. The best of luck to all.
buddy jimmy dunn

Roberta, GA

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Accepted my song in 2007 and sent compilation cd with all songs accepted for that period. All were exceptionally good. Played it at Butler High School reunion and everyone loved it and want me to pursue it again today. Just sent an artist an in-box message to see if he will listen to it. But, I will always have the cd to play for my enjoyment and friends. And, man does it bring back memories of high school days in Georgia. Go for it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where was all that anger coming from 1 hr Right 20
4th of July question 7 hr Curious 2
Backpage 'bella' 16 hr Pub Skoo Vic 13
News Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee (Sep '13) 17 hr hoofbeat 77
Infidelity 17 hr BackFat 35
looking for Trannys (Aug '12) 20 hr eddiefig47 33
News Nashville Murder Suspect Arrested In Missouri 20 hr whitesnotwelcome 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages