Pastors: Decriminalizing drug use is ...

Pastors: Decriminalizing drug use is a good step

There are 1 comment on the Courier-Post story from Jun 16, 2013, titled Pastors: Decriminalizing drug use is a good step. In it, Courier-Post reports that:

The Rev. Edwin Sanders says churches should help heal the sick, feed the hungry and set prisoners free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier-Post.

Ohio Wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Jun 16, 2013
I have said for several years now that the war on drugs should be stopped. Legalize them, and let the government sell them, the taxes it would raise would have us out of debt in a couple of years. This "war" is so similar to the days of "prohibition". The criminals made a fortune off illegal booze. Once it was legalized, a lot of the murders etc. fell off. The money made if it was legal could set up a lot of places to help people who wanted to get off drugs, and perhaps perform routine health checks for communicable diseases that need treatment.
We are not going to stop people from taking drugs if they want to. And even if you put the entire population in prison for it, the staff would smuggle drugs in for the money to be made.
This is a fight that we can't win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report Businesses that Work Illegals 2 hr kyman 5
Regarding social media privacy 2 hr So long 3
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 2 hr BECCA 531
Kountry Girlz 9 hr Jessica 16
World gang stalking 10 hr loony bin 27
Waffle House 18 hr Backwoods Voter 54
If the Mayor had just had an affair..... 19 hr Mom 79

Nashville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages