Nashville neighbors try solution to dog problem

Full story: Rocky Mount Telegram

NASHVILLE A dispute over a resident's eight dogs might have been solved. Adele Downey Maynard, 62, and some of her neighbors who have complained that her dogs bark throughout the day and disrupt the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Warren

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

WE are the owners of 306&308 E. Church St. I understand about the so called problems of the barking dogs. I was in Nashville in august, and checked on our property several times. I did not hear dogs barking when I was tghere. I was informed that my prior tenent called the TV. station in WRAL.Raleiegh, and had them come on our property with out our consent to film about this problem Being I do not live there an I am concerned about this. I think that someone is causing this problem.. mrs Adell Downey Maynard has complied to the city in all there recommendation. I think this issue is being over blowen, and needs to be put to a stop. Mr. Joel B. Warren
Warren

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

We are the owners of the property 306&308 E. Church St. I understand about the so called problem of the barking dogs. I was in Nashville about August and was checking our property several times then. I did not hear dogs barking when I was there. I had been informed that my prior tenent called the tv station WRAL Tv., in Raleigh to come on our property with out our consent to film about this problem. Being I do not live there, I am concerned about this. I think that someone is causing this problem. Mrs Downey has complied to the city in all the recommendations. I think it's time to put an end to this. Mr. Warren
Whatever

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

Warren wrote:
WE are the owners of 306&308 E. Church St. I understand about the so called problems of the barking dogs. I was in Nashville in august, and checked on our property several times. I did not hear dogs barking when I was tghere. I was informed that my prior tenent called the TV. station in WRAL.Raleiegh, and had them come on our property with out our consent to film about this problem Being I do not live there an I am concerned about this. I think that someone is causing this problem.. mrs Adell Downey Maynard has complied to the city in all there recommendation. I think this issue is being over blowen, and needs to be put to a stop. Mr. Joel B. Warren
If you haven't lived there and you live in Florida you have NO idea what has been going on on Church St! US residents there have had problems for SEVERAL years ... while you were living it up in FL... they werent barking too much in August because Downey has been renovating and she is keeping the dogs up because of people in and out... so keep your nose in Florida
Concerned Nashville

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I live near Ms. Maynard and i can assure you that the dogs are being provoked by a neighbor. Not only have i seen these particular neighbors disturbing the dogs(dog whistle, spraying with water hose,swatting with a branch,etc.) but my husband and my kids have all seen them.
They are mean vile people who lost the first court case and are bitter about it. I believe they will stop at nothing to drive Downey crazy.
They have got the town Mayor in their pocket and they think they have won.
JCP

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Barking dog or dogs is/are a problem all over most of Nashville, unless it ticks off a city council member, a major political donor, or someone they fear might have the clout to replace them.
Metro has dog laws, plus minimum property standards. They refuse to enforce the very laws/codes they adopt, and; if they respond at all, it will positive if the grass is cut.
Neighorhoods have literally gone to the dogs. I cannot mow my lawn or sit out back without dogs barking. People seem to think that dogs are a substitute security device.
It is sad, as there is no substitute for walking a dog or dogs and making the dog or dogs a part of the family. Instead, Rover is let out outside, does his or business, and then rewarded hours later for barking. Not a single dog owner in my neighborhood, except a policeman, has a well behaved dog.
Tired of barking.
Citizen

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Bunch of BULLLLLLL - No ONE knows like the immediate neighbors of these 11 LOVELY BARKING DOGS that this is INSANE... for someone in FLORIDA to comment on the Dogs behalf is RIDICULOUS and also to Concerned Nashville - a friend of Maynard the other court cases were WON by the citizens... the evidence STACKED up - for her friend (Vicki Luper) to say she NEVER heard the dogs bark is dumb as CRAP she stuck her foot in her mouth. Yes the dogs were provoked - everytime a squirell ran by, kids played in their yards, people attended church next door, we went out to cook on our grill just the mere standing in our yards provoked these 8 - 11 dogs to bark. NO ONE MADE them bark! That is BOLOGNA - Becky's daughter ( Friend of Maynard ) was photographed and was on video banging on the fence then hiding to agitate the dogs.. they thought it was funny.. it was Maynard's OWN friends making these dogs bark solely for Laughter... Who is laughing NOW ... the GAME is OVER Court of Appeals agreed with the Citizens ... now down to 3 dogs and become a citizen of Nashville like the rest of us and stop acting as if Nashville owes you something and you are special.
Nashville resident

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Yes, these are barking dogs. I have personally heard these dogs on almost a daily basis barking. Person in Florida should stay in Florida. YOU cannot possibly know what's going on in Nashville living down there. Did you move because of the barking???????? This is a residential area and should be treated as such. Dog breeding belongs in the country. The LAWS should be upheld by NPD.
church street

Dobson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

oh yes this is the nashville that i knew and remember.just a few big shots running every thing.they had my dog shot the first week i lived there.thank god i only had to live on church street two years before i escaped.seems like i am not the only one who wanted out of that two stoplight town.if they own two properties on church street,but live in florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nashville Discussions

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 40 min TSF 49,374
The Bridge Fellowship (Church) in Kernersville ... 5 hr DoubleT 33
Sick of all this heroin!!! Wed Sam 4
The Bridge Kernersville "Sick Car Saturday" Oct... (Sep '12) Apr 16 John 4
22 Rescued Jack Russell Terriers Arrive in Gree... (Mar '10) Apr 15 Concerned Dog Owner 14
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Apr 15 Bree 99
NO AMNESTY for ILLEGALS! Apr 15 Bree 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE