Prospect of NC win lures Obama to WNC

Prospect of NC win lures Obama to WNC

There are 14 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 4, 2008, titled Prospect of NC win lures Obama to WNC. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Jordan Schrader * [email protected] * published October 5, 2008 12:15 am Comments on Topix forums : ASHEVILLE It's likely Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Bob retiree

Asheville, NC

#1 Oct 5, 2008
I think you are not counting on the many folks who have moved here from other areas. Nine of ten folks that I play tennis with support Obama most moved here from somewhere else. Also, many folks in the bridge room support Obama. I think we will far exceed the Asheville Stadium size. Remember, every vote in the mountains is one less McCain't is counting on.
Locals for Obama

Lincolnton, NC

#2 Oct 5, 2008
NC has a chance to matter to a candidate. Let's take it!
Jane

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 5, 2008
I think Obama will be more of the same of Bush.

In their own words, Legislators Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

&fe ature=related

Taxpayers are being punished for corrupt politicians in the Senate and Congress who did NOT do their job to PROTECT taxpayers of this country.
Typical Dummycrat

Great Falls, MT

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Ima a Dimmycrat, cause my pappy was a Dimmycrat, and my granpappy was a Dimmycrat.

This year, a great Dimmycrat by the name of Lucy Furr is a runnin fer office.
Ain't real sure what this Lucy Furr stands fer, but she's a Dimmycrat,
and thats good nuff fer me cause I cain't think fer myself,
But Ima votin fer Lucy Furr cause she's a Dimmycrat, and Ima Dimmycrat
cause my pappy was a Dimmycrat, and my granpappy was a Dimmycrat
C Anderson

Maxton, NC

#6 Oct 5, 2008
Typical Dummycrat wrote:
Ima a Dimmycrat, cause my pappy was a Dimmycrat, and my granpappy was a Dimmycrat.
You're a dimmy, no doubt about that part lol
I work here

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Oct 5, 2008
I work at the newspaper, in fact, I help earn this reporter's salary. Tell me, why isn't there space for the bigger story on how winning over the Appalachian population can help Obama become President? We are just an hour from SW Virginia, an area that could help Obama win VA-the state with the highest number of electoral votes-HELLO!! Wake up!! Your readers are intelligent. Give them what they need and our role (as newspaper folks) in the community with remain relevent. The mountain vote is the big story here. Report it and help us keep our salaries.

Since: Jan 08

Newton, NC

#8 Oct 5, 2008
Typical Dummycrat wrote:
Spammer spamming every comment thread with...

I don't know what to call it aside from spam...

Since: Jan 08

Newton, NC

#9 Oct 5, 2008
Obama can win NC, and he will certainly help Buncombe Democrats downticket.
qswly

Greenville, SC

#10 Oct 5, 2008
Things That Are Pissing Me Off
By Gordon Smith
- I saw three people roll up to a wedding this weekend in their H2. They drove it from Atlanta. Iím not sure if it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.
- The AC-T / Topix forum is overrun with the most venomous dumbasses Iíve ever had the displeasure to read. Iíve been hanging out over there (1) as a special project to improve the spelling and grammar of the place; (2) to learn more about how the dead-enders think and communicate; and (3) to see if thereís any way to promote real debate among folks like me and folks like them.
Iíve tried kindness, sarcasm, humor, reason, madness, patience, and a mighty, mighty dollop of perseverance. Many of them are intent on openly lying, and many of them are painfully unintelligent and bigoted.
When the two combine, itís like flossing with a guitar string.
- Crackheads have babies.
pcolabamaboy

Pensacola, FL

#11 Oct 5, 2008
If you're thinking of voting for Obama, watch this video first. Cut and paste the link into your browser.

Skip Roth

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2008
Wow, that was a lot of people standing in line to see and hear Sen. Obama that line was over a mile long. it stretched half way to the river after winding around the lower parking lots at AB Tech. People on bicyles and some driving luxury cars, most folks walked, young people, middle aged people, older folks. More people than I've have ever seen at an Asheville political event.
Today was an historic event, I'm glad my son and grandson were there. If you saw the big bear you were at the right place at the right time.
Betty

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Oct 5, 2008
INCREDIBLE! Obama brings people together.
local

Denver, NC

#14 Oct 5, 2008
Skip Roth wrote:
Wow, that was a lot of people standing in line to see and hear Sen. Obama that line was over a mile long. it stretched half way to the river after winding around the lower parking lots at AB Tech. People on bicyles and some driving luxury cars, most folks walked, young people, middle aged people, older folks. More people than I've have ever seen at an Asheville political event.
Today was an historic event, I'm glad my son and grandson were there. If you saw the big bear you were at the right place at the right time.
You are right. There are an awful lot of people who will go to a whole lot of trouble to touch the hem of his garment- just because he claimed to initiate legislation legalize pot after he is elected.

It is a shame that same group of (supposedly selfless) people doesn't line up on Sundays to visit an invalid or volunteer in a local nursing home.
jrr

Great Falls, MT

#16 Oct 5, 2008
local wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. There are an awful lot of people who will go to a whole lot of trouble to touch the hem of his garment- just because he claimed to initiate legislation legalize pot after he is elected.
It is a shame that same group of (supposedly selfless) people doesn't line up on Sundays to visit an invalid or volunteer in a local nursing home.
YOu are wasting your time here. People have gone crazy! Every person that votes for this anti= american will rue the day they ever saw him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex wanted (May '13) Apr 21 Firey 5
News Poll: Most disapprove of Trump, except on economy Apr 19 Go Trump 245
News Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Apr 12 Mom of 2 343
Snitch list (Dec '14) Apr 11 Dustymoore 14
Review: Agape Psychological Consortium - Edward... (Apr '11) Mar '17 Collin Davis 4
News Several Local Bail Bondsmen Charged with Breaki... (May '10) Mar '17 rabbit 159
111 Congress has many Communists Mar '17 Rod Knox 2

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages