tom mcconnell

AOL

#1 Mar 27, 2009
I am looking for information on these violin dealers/makers. I have a violin that I bought from them in the 1960' and would like to know more about them.
Gordie

Muskegon, MI

#2 Nov 20, 2009
tom mcconnell wrote:
I am looking for information on these violin dealers/makers. I have a violin that I bought from them in the 1960' and would like to know more about them.
Here's a link to a 1969 write-up about them and their business in Nashville. http://www.nashvillemi.us/id174.html

Mr. Halvarson bought maple from my great grandfather. I spent many an hour in that woods. It was like a park and grandpa kept it that way. Maple trees measuring 3 feet on the stump was not unusual.

Grandpa allowed Mr. Halvarson to pick the tree. That done, my father & grandfather would fell the tree. Mr. Halvarson would immediately inspect the trees heartwood to make sure it was sound. Being so, he knew he had made a wise choice. Heartwood was used for making violin bridges.

Gordie
Kris

Eaton Rapids, MI

#3 Aug 9, 2010
The remaining contents of the business are going to be auctioned off at Skinner's Auction House in October. Mr Halvarson's nephew, who worked with him in the Nashville shop, is handling the transaction. There are lot's of violins, bows, wood, bridges, etc.... He knows the history and may be willing to discuss with you. Write back here and I will share your information with him.
Guy Weddle

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Kris wrote:
The remaining contents of the business are going to be auctioned off at Skinner's Auction House in October. Mr Halvarson's nephew, who worked with him in the Nashville shop, is handling the transaction. There are lot's of violins, bows, wood, bridges, etc.... He knows the history and may be willing to discuss with you. Write back here and I will share your information with him.
Could you help me to get in touch with the nephew? I would like to possibly purchase tools or instruments or bows from him. Thank you. weddle@erols.com
Glenn

York, PA

#5 Jul 29, 2011
Did the auction of Harvarson effects go ahead at Skinners?

I can't find any record of prices realised for Harvarson violins although I hear they are very good.

Glenn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) 12 hr JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 14 hr gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sun Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Wally Olsen Aug 28 beech33 1
Debate: Ferguson - Nashville, MI Aug '14 George Washington 1
Debate: Ferguson - Bellevue, MI Aug '14 Jail them all 1
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE