Vaginagate: US politician banned for ...

Vaginagate: US politician banned for saying 'vagina' in abortion bill debate

There are 3 comments on the Business News story from Jun 16, 2012, titled Vaginagate: US politician banned for saying 'vagina' in abortion bill debate. In it, Business News reports that:

Two female US politicians were banned from addressing the Michigan house of representatives after one used the word "vagina" and the other tried to argue for regulating vasectomies during a debate over a controversial anti-abortion bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business News.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Jun 16, 2012
Once again, the teabaggers show their ignorance and immaturity. They want to legislate everything about the vagina (or what comes out of it) but can't deal with the medical term for it? What a bunch of fu**ing c**ts.

I think next session, every democrat there should use the word "vagina" regardless of the legislation involved.
VaginaOwner

United States

#2 Jun 30, 2012
At first, I was stunned by this ban - and do NOT get me started about the related legislation - but lots of reports and people are missing the context.

If it were a legitimate word used for factual debate, etc., then I would continue to be upset about the controversy.

HOWEVER, she did NOT use the word as part of factual/informed debate discussion. She was being a smartass. Now, I'm upset about the potential fallout & damage to the REAL issues and necessary appropriate debate. >:^(
I Own One Too

Oscoda, MI

#4 Jul 2, 2012
VaginaOwner wrote:
At first, I was stunned by this ban - and do NOT get me started about the related legislation - but lots of reports and people are missing the context.
If it were a legitimate word used for factual debate, etc., then I would continue to be upset about the controversy.
HOWEVER, she did NOT use the word as part of factual/informed debate discussion. She was being a smartass. Now, I'm upset about the potential fallout & damage to the REAL issues and necessary appropriate debate. >:^(
Well, well.....so what if she was being a smart ass? Under what circumstances do you think this MI legislature is going to bring up anything factual about the vagina? They're more likely to pass legislation saying..."No woman's vajayjay belongs to her. We will have exclusive rights over the hoo hoos of Michigan. Henceforth we will change all legislation to make sure every woman's private area will be owned by the Republican Party and it's too bad if you don't want to push an elephant out of your yum yum; you should have thought about it before letting someone enter your choo choo."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr not so perfect (Nov '15) Feb '16 Oscar Mayer 6
Trump is the next President, Finally out with t... Feb '16 the ace of spades 1
News Enbridge settled all but a handful of oil spill... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Oiler 2
Is Meijer still coming? (Jul '08) Jun '15 Casey 12
News City council approves purchase of land for prop... (Jun '15) Jun '15 sleepless in Hast... 1
Don Fosburg (Mar '15) May '15 Ellen 4
Debate: Ferguson - Nashville, MI (Aug '14) Aug '14 George Washington 1

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages