john

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2012
Are there any good local newspapers or radio stations around here that people read or listen to?
Good radio show

Du Quoin, IL

#2 Feb 8, 2012
91.1 WDBX based from carbondale. They are an independant radio station with real music, sometimes blues, sometimes real country, talk shows, bluegrass, psychedelia, etc. Good stuff, check it out. A different person airs with a different show every 2-4 hours or so. Sundays is half an odd day really, hindu kinda music or something. In other words, a cultured radio station. There is also the nightlife and flipside newspapers. The flipside comes with the southern Illinoisan on thursdays, its a list of local events whether arts and crafts or concerts. The nightlife is just fun to read, lots of random information. I like it's style. These are all more carbondale things though. Depends on what you are looking for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police? Apr 23 Unofficial Mayor 2
Review: Tom Speedie Attorney At Law (Jun '14) Apr 23 Dui central 10
Justin Alsbury (Nov '13) Apr 20 Is this real life 8
Um hello mentally ill cepeda family Apr 20 Is this real life 4
Time to cut property Taxes Mar '18 Taxpayer 1
Derek Coultas Mar '18 Blond1 1
Nashville sucks! (Apr '16) Mar '18 Engrish 9

Nashville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages